Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Protectors of the Ring[Legacy of War]
ON HIATUS [center][size=7][color=#910010][b]Protectors of the Ring[/size] [size=4][color=#910010][i]~A Legacy of War Challenge~[/i][/color][/center][/b][/size] [i]A long time ago, a plain double obsidian Guardian was placed in charge of guarding a magical artifact of great power. It was deemed too powerful to be wisely and justly used, but too dangerous to destroy safely. And so it was placed in the care of Nazgul to watch over. Never to use, and to keep out of the claws of those who would use it. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54725063][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=54725063&skin=0&apparel=5672,716,744,743,10375,26885,7285&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][i]Power hungry dragons repeatedly sought him out, seeking to steal the ring of power. Tired of constantly battling and killing so many to keep the ring safe, Nazgul retreated high into the mountains of the Southern Icefields. Fewer and fewer dragons seeking the ring he guards have managed to find him here. Eventually he found a cave where he has rarely been found by those seeking his treasure. Lonely, cranky from many old aching battle scars and injuries, Nazgul lurks in a deep cave well sheltered from winter storms high in the Cloudscrape Crags. But things are about to change...[/i][/center] ----- So I came across Dreamnorn's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1]A Legacy of War Breeding Challenge[/url] and really liked it, so I'm going to do one. Rules copy/pasted and copy/tweaked from the thread linked above. [quote=Base Rules]1. Begin with a founder -- a triple-Basic dragon of a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). Buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. [For mine I filtered for Guardian and Tundras because I find Mirrors and Faes to be meh, and I plan to keep my founder and heirs at least until the challenge is complete, which may take a while.] 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, unless it's a one-egg. See Try Weggian rule below. 4. Once I have two to five eggs (or six if Try Weggian results in a fiver), go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once the heir has been selected, buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 my price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue for 10 generations. The 10th generation heir is the winner![/quote] [quote=Optional Rules In Effect][b]All from Nothing:[/b] Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder. [b]The Chosen One:[/b] If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them. [LIST] [*]If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.[/LIST] [b]Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed):[/b] If a Legacy of War pair gives me a one-egg nest on their first breeding, they will nest a second time and both nests will be used as the pool of heirs. [LIST][*]If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second. [*]The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered. [*]When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box below, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on.[/list] [/quote] All right! Now how to choose an heir from each generation? Naturally I want the strongest dragon to carry on the legacy and help protect the ring... [quote="Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs)"] Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. [i]Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime.[/i] Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. I must keep a battle streak going, [i]even if the dragons level up between fights.[/i] There is no assigning stat points until after an heir has been chosen. 2. I cannot use any sort of potion or spell on the contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. I cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, [i]they are considered defeated or dead,[/i] and thus disqualified from being that generation’s heir. 5. In any of these scenarios when two contenders enter the Training Fields, a third level-one dragon may join in the battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. I may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if I so wish. [i]This is optional, but recommended to extend the drama.[/i] --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings the nest had, here is how the battles will occur... [center]~ [b]2 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send both of the contenders to the Training Fields. Begin the battle streak. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]3 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, [i]keep going.[/i] They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]4 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Send the first two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields. Begin the battle streak. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders [i]by birth order[/i] (hatchlings 3 and 4). 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new battle streak. 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. [center][b]5 Eggs[/b][/center] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5). 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo goes first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, [i]the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.[/i] 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: [LIST] [*]For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [*]For the duo group, take the two contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. [/LIST] 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them to the Training Fields once more. Begin the final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [center][b]6 Eggs[/b][/center] A six-egg nest is technically impossible, but in the case of the [b]Try Weggain[/b] optional rule being implemented, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined: -- 1. The dragon from the first nest and the [i]older two[/i] dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor. 2. Repeat the first step, but with the [i]youngest three[/i] dragons of the second nest. 3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them to the Training Fields once more. Begin the final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. [/quote] Comments, feedback, whatever welcome! First time writing any lore so sorry if it's terrible.
ON HIATUS
Protectors of the Ring
~A Legacy of War Challenge~

A long time ago, a plain double obsidian Guardian was placed in charge of guarding a magical artifact of great power. It was deemed too powerful to be wisely and justly used, but too dangerous to destroy safely. And so it was placed in the care of Nazgul to watch over. Never to use, and to keep out of the claws of those who would use it.
dragon?did=54725063&skin=0&apparel=5672,716,744,743,10375,26885,7285&xt=dressing.png
Power hungry dragons repeatedly sought him out, seeking to steal the ring of power. Tired of constantly battling and killing so many to keep the ring safe, Nazgul retreated high into the mountains of the Southern Icefields. Fewer and fewer dragons seeking the ring he guards have managed to find him here. Eventually he found a cave where he has rarely been found by those seeking his treasure.
Lonely, cranky from many old aching battle scars and injuries, Nazgul lurks in a deep cave well sheltered from winter storms high in the Cloudscrape Crags. But things are about to change...

So I came across Dreamnorn's A Legacy of War Breeding Challenge and really liked it, so I'm going to do one.
Rules copy/pasted and copy/tweaked from the thread linked above.
Base Rules wrote:
1. Begin with a founder -- a triple-Basic dragon of a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). Buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. [For mine I filtered for Guardian and Tundras because I find Mirrors and Faes to be meh, and I plan to keep my founder and heirs at least until the challenge is complete, which may take a while.]

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, unless it's a one-egg. See Try Weggian rule below.

4. Once I have two to five eggs (or six if Try Weggian results in a fiver), go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once the heir has been selected, buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 my price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue for 10 generations. The 10th generation heir is the winner!
Optional Rules In Effect wrote:
All from Nothing: Instead of having a ten-generation limit, your Legacy of War lives on until you have bred a dragon with a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and triple gem genes who can trace their lineage back to your triple-Basic and plentiful founder.
The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.
  • If, through a miracle of the RNG, you end up with multiple dragons in a generation that could be qualified as chosen ones, then the one with more upgrades of this kind will win automatically. If they have the same number of upgrades of this kind, then they must fight it out the way traditional heirs would, but only between other chosen ones. Dragons that aren't chosen ones are still disqualified from being heir for that generation.
Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed): If a Legacy of War pair gives me a one-egg nest on their first breeding, they will nest a second time and both nests will be used as the pool of heirs.
  • If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second.
  • The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered.
  • When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box below, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on.

All right! Now how to choose an heir from each generation? Naturally I want the strongest dragon to carry on the legacy and help protect the ring...

Heir Selection (For Nests with 2+ Eggs) wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. I must keep a battle streak going, even if the dragons level up between fights. There is no assigning stat points until after an heir has been chosen.

2. I cannot use any sort of potion or spell on the contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. I cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being that generation’s heir.

5. In any of these scenarios when two contenders enter the Training Fields, a third level-one dragon may join in the battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. I may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if I so wish. This is optional, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings the nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders to the Training Fields. Begin the battle streak.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.

4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields. Begin the battle streak.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4).

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new battle streak.

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.

5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5).

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo goes first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:
  • For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

• For the duo group, take the two contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them to the Training Fields once more. Begin the final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

6 Eggs

A six-egg nest is technically impossible, but in the case of the Try Weggain optional rule being implemented, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined:

--

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them to the Training Fields once more. Begin the final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

Comments, feedback, whatever welcome! First time writing any lore so sorry if it's terrible.
vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png
Links
Original Legacy of War Challenge

Links to challenge posts not on page one will go here as they are added.
Pings
If anyone wants to be pinged when an update is added let me know!
Links
Original Legacy of War Challenge

Links to challenge posts not on page one will go here as they are added.
Pings
If anyone wants to be pinged when an update is added let me know!
vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png
[center][size=6][b]Record Book[/b][/size][/center] [size=4]Generation 0[/size] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/54725063][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/547251/54725063.png[/img][/url] Nazgul [i]Founder[/i][/center] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/50400599][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/504006/50400599.png[/img][/url] Centehua [i]Founder's Mate[/i] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [/columns] ----- [size=4]Generation 1[/size] [columns] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55278450] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/552785/55278450.png[/img] [/url] Lalwende [i]Firstborn[/i][/center] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55278451] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/552785/55278451.png[/img] [/url] Andreth [i]Heir[/i][/center] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55278452] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/552785/55278452.png[/img] [/url] Saeros [i]Youngest[/i][/center] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54510708] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/545108/54510708.png[/img] [/url] Elendur [i]Gen 1 Mate[/i][/center][color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [/columns] ----- [size=4]Generation 2[/size] [columns] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55917346][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/559174/55917346.png[/img][/url] Hatholiel [i]Heir[/i][/center] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [nextcol] [center][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55917347][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/559174/55917347.png[/img][/url] Gwathion [i]Youngest[/i] [color=transparent] ____________________[/color] [/columns] -----
Record Book
Generation 0
54725063.png
Nazgul
Founder

Generation 1

55278450.png

Lalwende
Firstborn

55278451.png

Andreth
Heir

55278452.png

Saeros
Youngest

54510708.png

Elendur
Gen 1 Mate

Generation 2
55917346.png
Hatholiel
Heir

vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png
[center]Enter Centehua - an inquisitive and adventurous Pearlcatcher that loves to travel, learn new things, and gather gossip from all over Sorienth. She's had a few flings, resulting in a few nests, but no one has really kept her attention for long. Her parent's were much the same way. She has a whole gaggle of half siblings, which is part of what spurred her to leave her home clan and strike out on her own. Hard to get much attention in a large clan, or be the first to know some juicy tidbit. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50400599][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=50400599&skin=0&apparel=10375,30036,21154&xt=dressing.png[/img][/url][/center] [center]Centehua was on her way to visit a couple of her children that had moved away from their birth clan when a storm caught her in Cloudscrape Crags. Higher up the mountain she spotted a cave that looked like it would be a good place to shelter from the blizzard until it passed. Unfortunately that cave was inhabited by a rather grumpy Guardian. Nazgul was highly suspicious of the little Pearlcatcher at first - not trusting that she really was just there to shelter from the blizzard and not actually after the ring of power he guarded. Uncertain what to do with the unarmed chatterbox that had stumbled in, he grudgingly allowed her to stay. The blizzard lasted for several days. During that time Centehua peppered the much larger dragon with seemingly endless questions. She only got answers to a fraction of them, but it was enough that she planned to return again to see if she could get more out of the mysterious male. Centehua went on her way, telling everyone she met about the strange black guardian guarding some sort of powerful artifact deep in the Cloudscrape Crags. Rumors began to spread, and soon enough power hungry dragons once again sought out Nazgul to try to steal the ring. Luckily for Nazgul, Centehua did keep her promise to visit again, and it so happened that she arrived for said visit shortly after a nasty fight that left him severely injured. Not so luckily for Centehua, Nazgul had already figured out who was to blame for the recent surge in would-be thieves. Seeing the injured Guardian, Centehua set about nursing him back to health, feeling that it was the least she could do for the poor lonely thing. She also wanted more of her million questions answered. While she was out gathering more food for them, Nazgul noticed that she had left her pearl behind. He grabbed it and hid it deep within the cave. That night, Centehua noticed that her pearl was missing. When she asked Nazgul if he had seen it, he revealed his plan. He would give Centehua her pearl back only after she raised a nest of hatchlings to adulthood with him. Nazgul had realized that it was only a matter of time before he would be unable to guard the ring on his own. He needed a heir to help him, and take over when the time comes. Devastated at the loss of her pearl, her essence, and desperate to get it back, Centehua agrees and immediately goes about preparing a nest inside the cave for the coming eggs. [/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/6/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] Nazgul and Centehua have laid 3 eggs. Hatchdate 9/15.
Enter Centehua - an inquisitive and adventurous Pearlcatcher that loves to travel, learn new things, and gather gossip from all over Sorienth. She's had a few flings, resulting in a few nests, but no one has really kept her attention for long. Her parent's were much the same way. She has a whole gaggle of half siblings, which is part of what spurred her to leave her home clan and strike out on her own. Hard to get much attention in a large clan, or be the first to know some juicy tidbit.
dragon?did=50400599&skin=0&apparel=10375,30036,21154&xt=dressing.png
Centehua was on her way to visit a couple of her children that had moved away from their birth clan when a storm caught her in Cloudscrape Crags. Higher up the mountain she spotted a cave that looked like it would be a good place to shelter from the blizzard until it passed. Unfortunately that cave was inhabited by a rather grumpy Guardian.
Nazgul was highly suspicious of the little Pearlcatcher at first - not trusting that she really was just there to shelter from the blizzard and not actually after the ring of power he guarded. Uncertain what to do with the unarmed chatterbox that had stumbled in, he grudgingly allowed her to stay. The blizzard lasted for several days. During that time Centehua peppered the much larger dragon with seemingly endless questions. She only got answers to a fraction of them, but it was enough that she planned to return again to see if she could get more out of the mysterious male.
Centehua went on her way, telling everyone she met about the strange black guardian guarding some sort of powerful artifact deep in the Cloudscrape Crags. Rumors began to spread, and soon enough power hungry dragons once again sought out Nazgul to try to steal the ring.
Luckily for Nazgul, Centehua did keep her promise to visit again, and it so happened that she arrived for said visit shortly after a nasty fight that left him severely injured. Not so luckily for Centehua, Nazgul had already figured out who was to blame for the recent surge in would-be thieves. Seeing the injured Guardian, Centehua set about nursing him back to health, feeling that it was the least she could do for the poor lonely thing. She also wanted more of her million questions answered. While she was out gathering more food for them, Nazgul noticed that she had left her pearl behind. He grabbed it and hid it deep within the cave.
That night, Centehua noticed that her pearl was missing. When she asked Nazgul if he had seen it, he revealed his plan. He would give Centehua her pearl back only after she raised a nest of hatchlings to adulthood with him. Nazgul had realized that it was only a matter of time before he would be unable to guard the ring on his own. He needed a heir to help him, and take over when the time comes.
Devastated at the loss of her pearl, her essence, and desperate to get it back, Centehua agrees and immediately goes about preparing a nest inside the cave for the coming eggs.
3healthy_0dead.png
Nazgul and Centehua have laid 3 eggs. Hatchdate 9/15.
vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png
[i]I know this update is super late. I have been procrastinating and have writer's block. So grand plans for lore are going out the window for now. Maybe I will manage to write some later.[/i] The three eggs gave me Lalwende [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55278450] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/552785/55278450_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Andreth [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55278451] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/552785/55278451_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] and Saeros [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55278452] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/552785/55278452_350.png[/img] [/url] [/center] No upgrades, so I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular. They all had similar color profiles too. The training fields found Saeros to be delicious, he quickly fainted. Then the spawns mostly chewed on Lalwende, she was second to faint leaving Andreth the survivor and heir before anyone even made it to level 2. Meet Andreth's mate Elendur. They will go on a nest Saturday, because all three of mine are currently full. [s]I'm so good at planning ahead.[/s] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=54510708] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/545108/54510708_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Now I'm going to go make some outfits for my Gen 1 heir and her mate :3
I know this update is super late. I have been procrastinating and have writer's block. So grand plans for lore are going out the window for now. Maybe I will manage to write some later.

The three eggs gave me Lalwende Andreth and Saeros No upgrades, so I wasn't rooting for anyone in particular. They all had similar color profiles too. The training fields found Saeros to be delicious, he quickly fainted. Then the spawns mostly chewed on Lalwende, she was second to faint leaving Andreth the survivor and heir before anyone even made it to level 2.

Meet Andreth's mate Elendur. They will go on a nest Saturday, because all three of mine are currently full. I'm so good at planning ahead.
Now I'm going to go make some outfits for my Gen 1 heir and her mate :3
vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png
So after a long unplanned hiatus from FR I am back and getting around to updating this. Andreth and Elendur gave us two eggs. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55917346][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/559174/55917346_350.png[/img][/url] Hatholiel was the first born. No upgrades but not bad colors. Cyan tertiary so if given some gene scrolls that could be pretty bright. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55917347][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/559174/55917347_350.png[/img][/url] Gwathion was second born. Finally! An upgrade! We have a Pearlcatcher instead of a Guardian! Of course the coli ate Gwathion first. Took quite a while, they made it all the way to level 3 before it happened. So no upgraded heir. Meet Hatholiel's mate, a Pearlcatcher named Bartreo who meets all the requirements for the Kelpie subspecies (didn't know it when I bought him from the AH, but the seller messaged me and shared some subspecies lore ^,^ which will be handy if I ever actually get back to the lore part of this challenge heh) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/69534919][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/695350/69534919_350.png[/img][/url] I put them on a nest and they've given us 2 eggs! Fingers crossed for an upgrade, any upgrade. I'm getting tired of triple basic guardians. [img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/6/2healthy_0dead.png[/img]
So after a long unplanned hiatus from FR I am back and getting around to updating this.

Andreth and Elendur gave us two eggs.

55917346_350.png
Hatholiel was the first born. No upgrades but not bad colors. Cyan tertiary so if given some gene scrolls that could be pretty bright.

55917347_350.png
Gwathion was second born. Finally! An upgrade! We have a Pearlcatcher instead of a Guardian!

Of course the coli ate Gwathion first. Took quite a while, they made it all the way to level 3 before it happened.

So no upgraded heir. Meet Hatholiel's mate, a Pearlcatcher named Bartreo who meets all the requirements for the Kelpie subspecies (didn't know it when I bought him from the AH, but the seller messaged me and shared some subspecies lore ^,^ which will be handy if I ever actually get back to the lore part of this challenge heh)

69534919_350.png

I put them on a nest and they've given us 2 eggs! Fingers crossed for an upgrade, any upgrade. I'm getting tired of triple basic guardians.

2healthy_0dead.png
vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png
Nest has hatched! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74760032][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/747601/74760032_350.png[/img][/url] First born Finwe, a Pearl Catcher! But still triple basic. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/74760033][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/747601/74760033_350.png[/img][/url] Second born Radagast, a guardian still, but finally a gene upgrade! Off to the coli with them in a few days. Will update with who the heir turns out to be!
Nest has hatched!

74760032_350.png
First born Finwe, a Pearl Catcher! But still triple basic.

74760033_350.png
Second born Radagast, a guardian still, but finally a gene upgrade!

Off to the coli with them in a few days. Will update with who the heir turns out to be!
vCh7Ftn.pngjt3PpxV.png