Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Slumbering Clan
1 2 3
[size=1]@RadientAngel @Petall[/size] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/b31a/f/2016/276/3/a/lightshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gi.png[/img][/url] [font=garamond][size=7]Day 3[/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/516002/51600198.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]It was his own fault, really, the Ridgeback had to admit. Sorbet had commented early into today's scouting expedition that he suspected that their group was being stalked by some kind of creature, citing his "gut feeling" and a few strange noises following them through the forest. The Ridgeback could tell that Cecille was on the verge of suggesting that they turn back. He took it upon himself to interrupt that suggestion. "I think you're imagining things, Sorb," the Ridgeback had said. (He smirked at the way the Nocturne bristled at his nickname.) "We should keep on our toes, but I say let's keep going." Their leader accepted his words and voiced her agreement. Sorbet said nothing. There were other little moments like this before the ambush, opportunities for him to have avoided his fate. The other two kept noticing the signs, and he kept disregarding them despite his own fear, choosing to press ahead. And why? Hubris. Ever since he was a hatchling, he had always been one to take huge risks, even senseless ones, but never once had those risks bounced back on him. Luck had always been on his side; even in the most deadly of situations, he always came out on top. And now, collapsed and bleeding on the forest floor as his companions struggled to hold off not one but two basilisks, he realized that that luck had finally run out. A chill settled over him. As the din of his companions' battle died down, his fading mind began to wander. Perhaps it would have been better if he hadn't stayed here, if he had just moved on when he had the chance. When he had told Cecille that he'd stay, he had nothing to lose at the time: no family he cared for, no clan he wanted to return to. It's what allowed him to be willing to take the risks he had, up to this point. But now, thinking of the new clan he helped to form, and of the family he almost had the chance to meet, a sorrowful regret filled him. With a tired sigh, he closed his eyes. [center][url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd3576fe0f4e0566d346c1a86b482c70/tumblr_inline_o25fwfri1v1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][item=Lunar Lacewing][/center] So, uh, Woodland Path was rough. [i]Basilisks,[/i] man. On the bright side, after retreating to the Training Fields again, Cecille and Sorbet are now level 5.
@RadientAngel @Petall
lightshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gi.png

Day 3
51600198.png

It was his own fault, really, the Ridgeback had to admit.

Sorbet had commented early into today's scouting expedition that he suspected that their group was being stalked by some kind of creature, citing his "gut feeling" and a few strange noises following them through the forest.

The Ridgeback could tell that Cecille was on the verge of suggesting that they turn back. He took it upon himself to interrupt that suggestion. "I think you're imagining things, Sorb," the Ridgeback had said. (He smirked at the way the Nocturne bristled at his nickname.) "We should keep on our toes, but I say let's keep going." Their leader accepted his words and voiced her agreement. Sorbet said nothing.

There were other little moments like this before the ambush, opportunities for him to have avoided his fate. The other two kept noticing the signs, and he kept disregarding them despite his own fear, choosing to press ahead.

And why? Hubris.

Ever since he was a hatchling, he had always been one to take huge risks, even senseless ones, but never once had those risks bounced back on him. Luck had always been on his side; even in the most deadly of situations, he always came out on top.

And now, collapsed and bleeding on the forest floor as his companions struggled to hold off not one but two basilisks, he realized that that luck had finally run out.

A chill settled over him. As the din of his companions' battle died down, his fading mind began to wander. Perhaps it would have been better if he hadn't stayed here, if he had just moved on when he had the chance. When he had told Cecille that he'd stay, he had nothing to lose at the time: no family he cared for, no clan he wanted to return to. It's what allowed him to be willing to take the risks he had, up to this point. But now, thinking of the new clan he helped to form, and of the family he almost had the chance to meet, a sorrowful regret filled him.

With a tired sigh, he closed his eyes.

tumblr_inline_o25fwfri1v1r3lvtf_500.png

Lunar Lacewing

So, uh, Woodland Path was rough. Basilisks, man. On the bright side, after retreating to the Training Fields again, Cecille and Sorbet are now level 5.

@Trapezer dang, a death already! :(
@Trapezer dang, a death already! :(
@RadientAngel Haha, yeeeaaah, a day 3 death isn't super great. I can only blame myself for forgetting how rough the early coliseum venues actually are. Woops.

I will note that I did include a "mercy" mechanic because I am a wuss for lore reasons, so we'll see how that pans out eventually.
@RadientAngel Haha, yeeeaaah, a day 3 death isn't super great. I can only blame myself for forgetting how rough the early coliseum venues actually are. Woops.

I will note that I did include a "mercy" mechanic because I am a wuss for lore reasons, so we'll see how that pans out eventually.
@Trapezer Oh no!!! That's so sad!!! I was excited to see what he was going to be like as a dad... [emoji=ridgeback sad size=2]
@Trapezer

Oh no!!! That's so sad!!! I was excited to see what he was going to be like as a dad...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[size=1]@RadientAngel @Petall[/size] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/b31a/f/2016/276/3/a/lightshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gi.png[/img][/url] [font=garamond][size=7]Day 4[/size][/font][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/493971/49397056.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]The survivors were huddled together under one of their makeshift shelters as rain poured down on their camp. It had barely been a full day since their encounter with the basilisks, when the two survivors had been forced to flee--and when, in their haste, they had left the Ridgeback behind. Once the night passed and day began to break, the two had shared a quiet meal before Cecille finally spoke. "We have to go back for him." Sorbet, drawing his wings tightly to his body, gave her an incredulous look. "What? No. Cecille, I'm sorry, but he's gone." The Mirror, staring out into the rain, merely shook her head. Her voice was soft, almost inaudible above the rain. "I... I know that. But we can't just leave him out there, you know? He was one of us." That was hard for the Nocturne to argue against. Even though Sorbet never liked the strange dragon, there was no question that he was a member of their band. "You have a point, but it's not practical. It's far too dangerous." She turned her eyes to him. "You don't have to go." "Wh--No, no, you're not going, either. You can't go risking your life on a fool's errand." "Well, what do you expect me to do? I can't... I can't just leave him." Sorbet was quiet. Cecille clearly wasn't thinking clearly, and he couldn't blame her under the circumstances. But how could she become so focused on what she could not change, when she had a nest of eggs, a hope for the future, that should have been her first thought? He had to do something to stop her from going out there and doing something they'd all regret. "No. I'll go." [center][url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd3576fe0f4e0566d346c1a86b482c70/tumblr_inline_o25fwfri1v1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]The rain did not stop as he had hoped it would. In fact, as he flew through the trees, the pouring rain intensified. Thunder roared around him, drowning out the flapping of his wings. Sorbet was having trouble remembering where the group had been the day before. He'd never had the best sense of direction, and the memories of the route the group had taken were hazy and vague. The veil of rain and wind blurring and obscuring his vision as he flew certainly didn't help. Still, he had to start somewhere. He began his search. After a few hours of fruitless effort, he landed beneath an oak tree for a moment's respite from the weather. He saw no sign of the Ridgeback's remains. Was he in the wrong place, or had the masked dragon been moved? [i]"Wait, what was that?"[/i] Sorbet strained his hearing. Perhaps he was imagining something, but he thought he'd heard someone-- "I-Is someone out there?! Please, help!" A voice. Sorbet took off again in the direction. It was a voice he didn't recognize, but at this point, Sorbet would have been glad to meet anyone alive out here. It felt like the storm was intensifying the closer he got to the sound. At the calm eye of the storm, the Nocturne was surprised to find a deep, deep pit, constructed in the middle of a clearing. [i]"What in the world--how did this get here?"[/i] he wondered. [i]"Someone must have dug this. Was this Beastclan, or--"[/i] "Hey, hey you! Down here!" The voice again, much closer down. Coming from the pit. Sorbet hesitated. This could easily be a trap, meant to lure him into another ambush he wasn't prepared to deal with today. However, if someone genuinely did need his help, he was reluctant to turn his back. He cautiously landed on the edge of the pit and peered down into the depths below. Below him, dirty and wounded, was a young Pearlcatcher, waving desperately up at Sorbet. His scales were a deep blue beneath the grime he was covered in, and his mane was completely tangled. He was absolutely beaming with joy. "Thank the Stormcatcher!" he said. "I didn't think anyone would find me here. Please, you have to help me get out of here." "What," Sorbet said flatly. He looked the dragon up and down. The Pearlcatcher had no binds, no wounds. The walls of the pit were solid dirt despite the rain. There was no reason for him to be stuck in a pit. "Are... are you serious? You can't be serious. How long have you been out here?" "Hi to you, too," the Pearlcatcher said cheerily. "The name's Strius, I've been down here for a few hours, and before you ask--no, I can't fly out of here. My wings aren't strong enough to provide enough lift for a straight takeoff." "Oh." Well, that explained that. "And you can't climb--" "--or I'd have to leave my pearl behind." Sorbet sighed. "Well, I'll [i]try[/i] to get you out, but I make no promises." He carefully glided down into the pit, grabbed the dragon beneath the arms, and pumped his wings as hard as he could to desperately attain some lift. The Pearlcatcher, Strius, was lighter than he'd expected. With no small amount of effort, Sorbet had hauled him out of the hole. Strius cheered as his feet touched solid ground. "Thank you so much, stranger. I wasn't sure anyone would be around here. Did you see my storm?" "Your... storm?" The Nocturne now noticed the other dragon's bright cyan eyes. "Wait, are you saying that you summoned that storm?" "Yeah. Call it a smoke signal. I didn't exactly have much else around here to use to get an SOS out." He began brushing the mud and dirt off of himself. As he did so, Sorbet heard the winds around them beginning to die down. "Any idea where this pit came from?" "No clue. Probably Beastclan. Maybe an old hunting trap from that old clan that used to live here. I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to start paying more attention to where I'm walking from now on. Again, thanks for the help. You got a name?" "Oh. It's Sorbet. What are you doing out here, anyway?" "Oh, uh, well... It's kind of embarrassing." Strius chuckled nervously. "Long story short, I had some... let's just say 'irreconcilable differences' with my last clan leader, so I left. Wandered here, heard about the deserted territory, and thought I'd do some exploring, you know?" The Nocturne snorted. [i]"Sounds like he's leaving more than a few details out,"[/i] he thought. Still, despite himself, he couldn't help be drawn in by the Pearlcatcher's cheerful charm. He'd certainly be good for the group's dwindling morale. And... did he really summon a storm? That'd be a useful skill to have in the clan... another mage, perhaps... "So, you don't have a clan, huh? How'd you like to come with me back to mine?" [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52412569] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/524126/52412569_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd3576fe0f4e0566d346c1a86b482c70/tumblr_inline_o25fwfri1v1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][item=Iridescent Scaleback][/center] RNG has blessed the clan with a new clan member! Per my rules, I first rolled to see if any non-Locke dragons in the Hibernal Den were going to wake up. That was a wash. RNG demanded a PC, and this guy happened to be the cheapest adult, named, non-HD cooldown PC at the time I bought him this morning. I feel like I really lucked out with him.
@RadientAngel @Petall

Day 4
49397056.png

The survivors were huddled together under one of their makeshift shelters as rain poured down on their camp. It had barely been a full day since their encounter with the basilisks, when the two survivors had been forced to flee--and when, in their haste, they had left the Ridgeback behind. Once the night passed and day began to break, the two had shared a quiet meal before Cecille finally spoke.

"We have to go back for him."

Sorbet, drawing his wings tightly to his body, gave her an incredulous look. "What? No. Cecille, I'm sorry, but he's gone."

The Mirror, staring out into the rain, merely shook her head. Her voice was soft, almost inaudible above the rain. "I... I know that. But we can't just leave him out there, you know? He was one of us."

That was hard for the Nocturne to argue against. Even though Sorbet never liked the strange dragon, there was no question that he was a member of their band. "You have a point, but it's not practical. It's far too dangerous."

She turned her eyes to him. "You don't have to go."

"Wh--No, no, you're not going, either. You can't go risking your life on a fool's errand."

"Well, what do you expect me to do? I can't... I can't just leave him."

Sorbet was quiet. Cecille clearly wasn't thinking clearly, and he couldn't blame her under the circumstances. But how could she become so focused on what she could not change, when she had a nest of eggs, a hope for the future, that should have been her first thought? He had to do something to stop her from going out there and doing something they'd all regret.

"No. I'll go."

The rain did not stop as he had hoped it would. In fact, as he flew through the trees, the pouring rain intensified. Thunder roared around him, drowning out the flapping of his wings.

Sorbet was having trouble remembering where the group had been the day before. He'd never had the best sense of direction, and the memories of the route the group had taken were hazy and vague. The veil of rain and wind blurring and obscuring his vision as he flew certainly didn't help. Still, he had to start somewhere. He began his search.

After a few hours of fruitless effort, he landed beneath an oak tree for a moment's respite from the weather. He saw no sign of the Ridgeback's remains. Was he in the wrong place, or had the masked dragon been moved?

"Wait, what was that?" Sorbet strained his hearing. Perhaps he was imagining something, but he thought he'd heard someone--

"I-Is someone out there?! Please, help!"

A voice. Sorbet took off again in the direction. It was a voice he didn't recognize, but at this point, Sorbet would have been glad to meet anyone alive out here. It felt like the storm was intensifying the closer he got to the sound.

At the calm eye of the storm, the Nocturne was surprised to find a deep, deep pit, constructed in the middle of a clearing. "What in the world--how did this get here?" he wondered. "Someone must have dug this. Was this Beastclan, or--"

"Hey, hey you! Down here!" The voice again, much closer down. Coming from the pit.

Sorbet hesitated. This could easily be a trap, meant to lure him into another ambush he wasn't prepared to deal with today. However, if someone genuinely did need his help, he was reluctant to turn his back. He cautiously landed on the edge of the pit and peered down into the depths below.

Below him, dirty and wounded, was a young Pearlcatcher, waving desperately up at Sorbet. His scales were a deep blue beneath the grime he was covered in, and his mane was completely tangled. He was absolutely beaming with joy. "Thank the Stormcatcher!" he said. "I didn't think anyone would find me here. Please, you have to help me get out of here."

"What," Sorbet said flatly. He looked the dragon up and down. The Pearlcatcher had no binds, no wounds. The walls of the pit were solid dirt despite the rain. There was no reason for him to be stuck in a pit. "Are... are you serious? You can't be serious. How long have you been out here?"

"Hi to you, too," the Pearlcatcher said cheerily. "The name's Strius, I've been down here for a few hours, and before you ask--no, I can't fly out of here. My wings aren't strong enough to provide enough lift for a straight takeoff."

"Oh." Well, that explained that. "And you can't climb--"

"--or I'd have to leave my pearl behind."

Sorbet sighed. "Well, I'll try to get you out, but I make no promises."

He carefully glided down into the pit, grabbed the dragon beneath the arms, and pumped his wings as hard as he could to desperately attain some lift. The Pearlcatcher, Strius, was lighter than he'd expected. With no small amount of effort, Sorbet had hauled him out of the hole.

Strius cheered as his feet touched solid ground. "Thank you so much, stranger. I wasn't sure anyone would be around here. Did you see my storm?"

"Your... storm?" The Nocturne now noticed the other dragon's bright cyan eyes. "Wait, are you saying that you summoned that storm?"

"Yeah. Call it a smoke signal. I didn't exactly have much else around here to use to get an SOS out." He began brushing the mud and dirt off of himself. As he did so, Sorbet heard the winds around them beginning to die down.

"Any idea where this pit came from?"

"No clue. Probably Beastclan. Maybe an old hunting trap from that old clan that used to live here. I don't know. All I know is that I'm going to start paying more attention to where I'm walking from now on. Again, thanks for the help. You got a name?"

"Oh. It's Sorbet. What are you doing out here, anyway?"

"Oh, uh, well... It's kind of embarrassing." Strius chuckled nervously. "Long story short, I had some... let's just say 'irreconcilable differences' with my last clan leader, so I left. Wandered here, heard about the deserted territory, and thought I'd do some exploring, you know?"

The Nocturne snorted. "Sounds like he's leaving more than a few details out," he thought.

Still, despite himself, he couldn't help be drawn in by the Pearlcatcher's cheerful charm. He'd certainly be good for the group's dwindling morale. And... did he really summon a storm? That'd be a useful skill to have in the clan... another mage, perhaps...

"So, you don't have a clan, huh? How'd you like to come with me back to mine?"

Iridescent Scaleback

RNG has blessed the clan with a new clan member!

Per my rules, I first rolled to see if any non-Locke dragons in the Hibernal Den were going to wake up. That was a wash. RNG demanded a PC, and this guy happened to be the cheapest adult, named, non-HD cooldown PC at the time I bought him this morning. I feel like I really lucked out with him.

@Trapezer

I love him already! I wonder how Cecille is going to react!
@Trapezer

I love him already! I wonder how Cecille is going to react!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
[size=1]@RadientAngel @Petall[/size] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/b31a/f/2016/276/3/a/lightshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gi.png[/img][/url] [font=garamond][size=7]Day 5[/size][/center] [center][item=Wendigo Haunch][/center] It's a coliseum day, and a long one at that: "40 to 50 rounds." Well, a total of 43 rounds later, Cecille, Sorbet, and Strius are all level 6. Despite their return to the Woodland Path once Strius hit level 4, that venue didn't claim anyone today. Since no major events happened, I'm not writing any lore today, though I did add a blurb for Strius on the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2697855/1#post_39291504]Cast[/url] post. But tomorrow the nest hatches, so no matter what, I'll be writing something to commemorate that. :)
@RadientAngel @Petall

Day 5

It's a coliseum day, and a long one at that: "40 to 50 rounds."

Well, a total of 43 rounds later, Cecille, Sorbet, and Strius are all level 6. Despite their return to the Woodland Path once Strius hit level 4, that venue didn't claim anyone today.

Since no major events happened, I'm not writing any lore today, though I did add a blurb for Strius on the Cast post. But tomorrow the nest hatches, so no matter what, I'll be writing something to commemorate that. :)

@Trapezer

I AM SO EXCITED FOR NEST DAY!!! YEET!!!
@Trapezer

I AM SO EXCITED FOR NEST DAY!!! YEET!!!
[size=1]@RadientAngel @Petall[/size] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/1997330#post_22977835][img]http://orig03.deviantart.net/b31a/f/2016/276/3/a/lightshield_divider3_by_starkindlerstudio-dajt6gi.png[/img][/url] [font=garamond][size=7]Day 6[/size][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52412569] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/524126/52412569.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]Strius had, for the most part, had been enjoying his time with his new clan. (Well, if he was being honest, just three dragons could hardly be called a clan.) The clan leader Cecille (again, Strius wasn't sold on the idea of the mirror as a "leader," but he wasn't going to complain) was reluctant to accept him. When the two dragons had returned to camp, they had found the Mirror restlessly pacing outside the entrance to a cavern. She stopped when they approached, narrowing her eyes at the Pearlcatcher. "Cecille," Sorbet had said, "This is Strius. I, uh, found him in the woods. He doesn't have a clan, so I invited him to stay here, if that is acceptable to you?" She didn't stop glaring at Strius. "I take it you didn't find...?" "Sorry, no," the Nocturne said, looking away. "There was no sign of him." She shook her head. "Of course you didn't," she said, strangely accusatory towards the Nocturne. "But, fine. Thanks for trying." Of course, Sorbet had already explained to him the recent loss the clan had experienced, so Strius had not expected a [i]warm[/i] welcome. But as the Mirror walked away, Strius had wondered how long it would take to feel like he actually belonged here. After having had a few days to adjust, though, Strius's doubts began to wane. While Cecille hadn't warmed up to him, she was at least tolerant, and Sorbet was always friendly. [center][url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd3576fe0f4e0566d346c1a86b482c70/tumblr_inline_o25fwfri1v1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]That morning, Strius and Sorbet were having a mage's sparring match near the edge of the clearing, casting on-the-fly spells at one another for practice, when Cecille ran up to Sorbet excitedly. "The eggs! The eggs!" she said. "They're starting to hatch!" Without a word, the two took off into the woods without even a moment's hesitation. Had Sorbet mentioned anything about eggs to him? Strius couldn't remember, but, not wanting to be left behind, took off into the woods after them. By the time he'd caught up to his companions, the first of five eggs had hatched: an icy white Ridgeback with dull, neutral wings and stripes. She had just stumbled out from the shells of her egg and began wobbling toward a mystified Cecille. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52705985] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=3&bodygene=18&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=106&tertgene=11&winggene=2&wings=165&auth=fbb306043f6bb2811c0fa9e448768c5afe8989b3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]Next to hatch, a striking black and red Mirror hatchling emerged from his shell. He wasn't as eager to leave though; the hatchling yawned, tucked his head under a wing, and appeared to fall asleep. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52705989] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=70&bodygene=18&breed=3&element=8&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=58&tertgene=11&winggene=2&wings=86&auth=6dd58175634402428af5bdf069ed31928edb2502&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]A bright purple and orange blur rushed out of a third egg and pounced onto the Mirror: another playful Ridgeback. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52705993] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=69&bodygene=18&breed=5&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=156&tertgene=11&winggene=2&wings=97&auth=3044d1d87ed8806e0ed4a81d693e7204e72d8a0b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=garamond][size=5]"They're beautiful," Cecille said, scooping the hatchlings into an embrace. "Hello, there, little ones!" This was the happiest Strius had ever yet seen their "leader," and Sorbet simply looked relieved. And Strius was beaming, as he always did, excited for the new clanmates. [i]"Finally, this group can really call itself a clan,"[/i] he thought to himself. But the Pearlcatcher kept glancing at the remaining eggs, waiting for the last two hatchlings to join their siblings. Which made him quite puzzled when, after a few minutes of waiting, Cecille just walked away, carrying the new hatchlings back to the clearing. He turned to Sorbet. "What about the other two?" he asked, keeping his voice low as to not catch Cecille's attention. Sorbet sighed. "Not all eggs end up hatching, Strius. We'll give them the afternoon, then I... I guess I'll bury them." [center][url=https://msb-lair.tumblr.com/post/138956636979/and-more-flight-dividers][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fd3576fe0f4e0566d346c1a86b482c70/tumblr_inline_o25fwfri1v1r3lvtf_500.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][item=Octoflyer Beak][/center] Sorry for a lack of updates over the weekend--wasn't feeling well. But hey, it's a lore day today--the perfect day to introduce the three surviving hatchlings from the clan's day 1 five-egg nest: Cornet, Scamander, and Mireille! :)
@RadientAngel @Petall

Day 6

Strius had, for the most part, had been enjoying his time with his new clan.

(Well, if he was being honest, just three dragons could hardly be called a clan.)

The clan leader Cecille (again, Strius wasn't sold on the idea of the mirror as a "leader," but he wasn't going to complain) was reluctant to accept him. When the two dragons had returned to camp, they had found the Mirror restlessly pacing outside the entrance to a cavern. She stopped when they approached, narrowing her eyes at the Pearlcatcher.

"Cecille," Sorbet had said, "This is Strius. I, uh, found him in the woods. He doesn't have a clan, so I invited him to stay here, if that is acceptable to you?"

She didn't stop glaring at Strius. "I take it you didn't find...?"

"Sorry, no," the Nocturne said, looking away. "There was no sign of him."

She shook her head. "Of course you didn't," she said, strangely accusatory towards the Nocturne. "But, fine. Thanks for trying."

Of course, Sorbet had already explained to him the recent loss the clan had experienced, so Strius had not expected a warm welcome. But as the Mirror walked away, Strius had wondered how long it would take to feel like he actually belonged here.

After having had a few days to adjust, though, Strius's doubts began to wane. While Cecille hadn't warmed up to him, she was at least tolerant, and Sorbet was always friendly.

That morning, Strius and Sorbet were having a mage's sparring match near the edge of the clearing, casting on-the-fly spells at one another for practice, when Cecille ran up to Sorbet excitedly. "The eggs! The eggs!" she said. "They're starting to hatch!"

Without a word, the two took off into the woods without even a moment's hesitation.

Had Sorbet mentioned anything about eggs to him? Strius couldn't remember, but, not wanting to be left behind, took off into the woods after them.

By the time he'd caught up to his companions, the first of five eggs had hatched: an icy white Ridgeback with dull, neutral wings and stripes. She had just stumbled out from the shells of her egg and began wobbling toward a mystified Cecille.

Next to hatch, a striking black and red Mirror hatchling emerged from his shell. He wasn't as eager to leave though; the hatchling yawned, tucked his head under a wing, and appeared to fall asleep.

A bright purple and orange blur rushed out of a third egg and pounced onto the Mirror: another playful Ridgeback.

"They're beautiful," Cecille said, scooping the hatchlings into an embrace. "Hello, there, little ones!"

This was the happiest Strius had ever yet seen their "leader," and Sorbet simply looked relieved. And Strius was beaming, as he always did, excited for the new clanmates. "Finally, this group can really call itself a clan," he thought to himself. But the Pearlcatcher kept glancing at the remaining eggs, waiting for the last two hatchlings to join their siblings.

Which made him quite puzzled when, after a few minutes of waiting, Cecille just walked away, carrying the new hatchlings back to the clearing.

He turned to Sorbet. "What about the other two?" he asked, keeping his voice low as to not catch Cecille's attention.

Sorbet sighed. "Not all eggs end up hatching, Strius. We'll give them the afternoon, then I... I guess I'll bury them."

Octoflyer Beak

Sorry for a lack of updates over the weekend--wasn't feeling well.

But hey, it's a lore day today--the perfect day to introduce the three surviving hatchlings from the clan's day 1 five-egg nest: Cornet, Scamander, and Mireille! :)

@Trapezer

THE NEW KIDDOS ARE ADORABLE I LOVE THEM AND I CAN'T TO SEE WHO THEY GROW UP TO BE!!!
@Trapezer

THE NEW KIDDOS ARE ADORABLE I LOVE THEM AND I CAN'T TO SEE WHO THEY GROW UP TO BE!!!
1 2 3