Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Tale of Clan Ferngrove
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Art Post #5[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 55 (May 14, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Stone Knife][/center] For this art post, I drew [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50945086]Baze[/url] hanging upside-down from a branch. This is an illustration of part of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2651902/2#post_38614896]Scene 8.[/url] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/2adb14cb7672c8a9fb38960800a854ff/tumblr_psb4hozrNV1sp47bko1_1280.jpg[/img] @ShadewingRising
Art Post #5

Fulfills task for: Day 55 (May 14, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Stone Knife

For this art post, I drew Baze hanging upside-down from a branch. This is an illustration of part of Scene 8.

tumblr_psb4hozrNV1sp47bko1_1280.jpg

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coli Post #13[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 56 (May 15, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 31 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Umbral Sea Wight][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=hardy antler] x5 [item=micro deer] x4 [item=jagged beak] x3 [item=herbalist's satchel] x3 [item=display plumes] x3 [item=rosy similis] x3 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x2 [item=pale pink rose] x2 [item=blue rose] x2 [item=dwarf fawn] x2 [item=fragile moth wings] x2 [item=silverfish] x2 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x2 [item=ire tweet] x1 [item=sparrow skull] x1 [item=emerald brooch] x1 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x1 [item=carpenter wax] x1 [item=satin violets] x1 [item=rotting leather] x1 [item=frosted violets] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=silverfish spectre] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x1 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x1 [item=firestarter] x1 [item=blue spot pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 [item=serrated beak] x1 [item=triad moth] x1 [item=herdbeast hoof] x1 [item=mustache moth] x1 [item=florist's satchel] x1 [item=cheerful bird toy] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coli Post #13

Fulfills task for: Day 56 (May 15, 2019)
Battles Completed: 31
Item of the Day:

Umbral Sea Wight

Loot

Hardy Antler x5 Micro Deer x4 Jagged Beak x3 Herbalist's Satchel x3
Display Plumes x3 Rosy Similis x3 Dark-Tufted Featherduster x2 Pale Pink Rose x2
Blue Rose x2 Dwarf Fawn x2 Fragile Moth Wings x2 Silverfish x2
Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x2 Ire Tweet x1 Sparrow Skull x1 Emerald Brooch x1
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x1 Carpenter Wax x1 Satin Violets x1 Rotting Leather x1
Frosted Violets x1 Sweet Songbird x1 Silverfish Spectre x1 Hardy Antler x1
Bluelight Chipskink Tail x1 Glowing Pocket Bauble x1 Firestarter x1 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x1
Tiny Feathers x1 Serrated Beak x1 Triad Moth x1 Herdbeast Hoof x1
Mustache Moth x1 Florist's Satchel x1 Cheerful Bird Toy x1

@ShadewingRising
Scene 21

Fulfills task for: Day 66 (May 25, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Igneous Flow

Over the next few days, Clan Ferngrove's lair grew livelier than ever. Sakura and Meridian helped Kholyn gather tree sap and use it to build two new Fae roosts for the hatchlings to use when they were old enough. They were mounted on the interior wall on either side of Kholyn's own. This was routine lair-improvement work, but the three Nocturne hatchlings running around made it slower going than it normally would have been.

When the big day came, Clan Ferngrove once again gathered around the nest in the back of the lair to watch the new eggs hatch. Kholyn positively beamed with pride as the first of her two hatchlings broke free of its eggshell. It was a girl, a very striking little Fae with silver-grey skin, a black underbelly, and bright pink wings. She was named Makah. Her sister hatched out a few moments later, all dull gray and black - except that she, too, had those glowing green eyes surrounded by a tiny border of foliage.

"Cousin!" said little Arduinna upon first seeing the new Fae's Primal eyes. She tried to waddle into the nest to get closer to her.

"No!" her mother scolded, taking her forelimb gently in one claw and pulling her back. "You don't touch or get close to a new hatchling until their parents say it's okay."

Kholyn's crests rippled in joy and disbelief. "Another Primal," she breathed. "The Gladekeeper has blessed us greatly once again. We will live for you and make you proud of us, my lady."

Meridian nodded. "Let it be so."

Kholyn and Meridian set to work cleaning up the hatchlings and the nest, and Sakura brought a bowl of mashed nymphs to feed the new hatchlings. Afterward, the new parents sat down at the outer edge of the nest and let the Nocturne hatchlings come up to them and meet their newest clanmates. Arduinna gazed at the new Primal in fascination. "Can I hold her?" she asked.

"If you're very careful," Meridian said. "Here, turn around and let me help you."

Arduinna sat down with her back to Meridian, so that he could support her forelimbs with his own. Very carefully, Kholyn placed the gray hatchling in her outstretched limbs. She gasped in delight. "She's so smooth! What are you going to name her?"

Kholyn frowned for a moment, then her fins perked up. "Eostre," she said. "She'll be named after another figure from ancient legends, just like you."

"It's perfect," said Arduinna.

The Nocturne hatchlings loved playing with their new Fae clanmates, even though they had to be carefully supervised so that they didn't accidentally injure the much smaller Fae. As carefully as the clan watched over and cared for the new hatchlings, little Makah exhibited the same listlessness as Alicia had before her. Losing her hurt even worse than losing Alicia had, because this time, the older members of the clan had to explain to their living hatchlings what death was.

"She's safe at home with the Gladekeeper now," Kholyn said to the hatchlings. "She isn't afraid or in pain, and she is loved and protected." As she spoke, it occurred to Kholyn that she really didn't know where all this conviction was coming from, but somehow, she was as certain of the truth of her words as she was of the ground under her feet.

Clan Ferngrove buried Makah next to Alicia, with another carved tree stump as a marker. Kholyn and Meridian knew they could have more hatchlings in the future, but right now, that wasn't particularly comforting. They did, however, resolve to love the one they had left with all their might.

@ShadewingRising
Scene 21

Fulfills task for: Day 66 (May 25, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Igneous Flow

Over the next few days, Clan Ferngrove's lair grew livelier than ever. Sakura and Meridian helped Kholyn gather tree sap and use it to build two new Fae roosts for the hatchlings to use when they were old enough. They were mounted on the interior wall on either side of Kholyn's own. This was routine lair-improvement work, but the three Nocturne hatchlings running around made it slower going than it normally would have been.

When the big day came, Clan Ferngrove once again gathered around the nest in the back of the lair to watch the new eggs hatch. Kholyn positively beamed with pride as the first of her two hatchlings broke free of its eggshell. It was a girl, a very striking little Fae with silver-grey skin, a black underbelly, and bright pink wings. She was named Makah. Her sister hatched out a few moments later, all dull gray and black - except that she, too, had those glowing green eyes surrounded by a tiny border of foliage.

"Cousin!" said little Arduinna upon first seeing the new Fae's Primal eyes. She tried to waddle into the nest to get closer to her.

"No!" her mother scolded, taking her forelimb gently in one claw and pulling her back. "You don't touch or get close to a new hatchling until their parents say it's okay."

Kholyn's crests rippled in joy and disbelief. "Another Primal," she breathed. "The Gladekeeper has blessed us greatly once again. We will live for you and make you proud of us, my lady."

Meridian nodded. "Let it be so."

Kholyn and Meridian set to work cleaning up the hatchlings and the nest, and Sakura brought a bowl of mashed nymphs to feed the new hatchlings. Afterward, the new parents sat down at the outer edge of the nest and let the Nocturne hatchlings come up to them and meet their newest clanmates. Arduinna gazed at the new Primal in fascination. "Can I hold her?" she asked.

"If you're very careful," Meridian said. "Here, turn around and let me help you."

Arduinna sat down with her back to Meridian, so that he could support her forelimbs with his own. Very carefully, Kholyn placed the gray hatchling in her outstretched limbs. She gasped in delight. "She's so smooth! What are you going to name her?"

Kholyn frowned for a moment, then her fins perked up. "Eostre," she said. "She'll be named after another figure from ancient legends, just like you."

"It's perfect," said Arduinna.

The Nocturne hatchlings loved playing with their new Fae clanmates, even though they had to be carefully supervised so that they didn't accidentally injure the much smaller Fae. As carefully as the clan watched over and cared for the new hatchlings, little Makah exhibited the same listlessness as Alicia had before her. Losing her hurt even worse than losing Alicia had, because this time, the older members of the clan had to explain to their living hatchlings what death was.

"She's safe at home with the Gladekeeper now," Kholyn said to the hatchlings. "She isn't afraid or in pain, and she is loved and protected." As she spoke, it occurred to Kholyn that she really didn't know where all this conviction was coming from, but somehow, she was as certain of the truth of her words as she was of the ground under her feet.

Clan Ferngrove buried Makah next to Alicia, with another carved tree stump as a marker. Kholyn and Meridian knew they could have more hatchlings in the future, but right now, that wasn't particularly comforting. They did, however, resolve to love the one they had left with all their might.

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Event Post #13[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 28 (April 17, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Nomad's Sandwastes Sash][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42842061]Kholyn[/url] did finally get that gene I mentioned in the story! :) (Posting a scry so you can see the new primary gene under the apparel I picked out for her. Click the link to see her in all her dressed-up glory.) [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=87&bodygene=18&breed=1&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=5da074d40980aec8fe80ab814d82e60b3fcdae2b&dummyext=prev.png[/img] @ShadewingRising
Event Post #13

Fulfills task for: Day 28 (April 17, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Nomad's Sandwastes Sash

Kholyn did finally get that gene I mentioned in the story! :) (Posting a scry so you can see the new primary gene under the apparel I picked out for her. Click the link to see her in all her dressed-up glory.)

dragon?age=1&body=87&bodygene=18&breed=1&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=78&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=7&auth=5da074d40980aec8fe80ab814d82e60b3fcdae2b&dummyext=prev.png

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Art Post #6[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 61 (May 20, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Demise of the Big Game Hunter][/center] I've had a new dragon pending introduction into the story for some time now, but I decided to draw this introduction instead of writing about it. (At the time I made that decision, I had several backlogged trinkets, but had actually caught up on my materials.) [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dff50ef3dcb948dbee25c2788cf8df59/tumblr_psepyckPOC1sp47bko1_1280.jpg[/img] @ShadewingRising
Art Post #6

Fulfills task for: Day 61 (May 20, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Demise of the Big Game Hunter

I've had a new dragon pending introduction into the story for some time now, but I decided to draw this introduction instead of writing about it. (At the time I made that decision, I had several backlogged trinkets, but had actually caught up on my materials.)

tumblr_psepyckPOC1sp47bko1_1280.jpg

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Event Post #14[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 60 (May 19, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Stormclaw Showman][/center] Random.org gave me #1 on May 19, so I got another Fae. Once again, I was in need of more boys, so I picked the cheapest boy on the AH at the time. I'm excited to welcome Daelin to the clan! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51924957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/519250/51924957_350.png[/img] [/url] @ShadewingRising
Event Post #14

Fulfills task for: Day 60 (May 19, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Stormclaw Showman

Random.org gave me #1 on May 19, so I got another Fae. Once again, I was in need of more boys, so I picked the cheapest boy on the AH at the time. I'm excited to welcome Daelin to the clan!

51924957_350.png

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coli Post #14[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 62 (May 21, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 11 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Ancient Mushroom][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=firestarter] x3 [item=blue spot pygmy wrasse] x3 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x2 [item=fragile moth wings] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=jagged beak] x1 [item=satin violets] x1 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x1 [item=pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=sticky pollen] x1 [item=triad moth] x1 [item=honeycomb fragment] x1 [item=beeswax] x1 [item=blue honeycomb] x1 [item=micro deer] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x1 [item=brightly painted bird toy] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coli Post #14

Fulfills task for: Day 62 (May 21, 2019)
Battles Completed: 11
Item of the Day:

Ancient Mushroom

Loot

Firestarter x3 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x3 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x2 Fragile Moth Wings x1
Sweet Songbird x1 Jagged Beak x1 Satin Violets x1 Glowing Pocket Bauble x1
Pygmy Wrasse x1 Sticky Pollen x1 Triad Moth x1 Honeycomb Fragment x1
Beeswax x1 Blue Honeycomb x1 Micro Deer x1 Hardy Antler x1
Dark-Tufted Featherduster x1 Brightly Painted Bird Toy x1

@ShadewingRising
Scene 22

Fulfills task for: Day 68 (May 27, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Skipping Stone

Life went on in Clan Ferngrove. Baze continued his crafting, the others continued their gathering and cultivating, and they all played a part in caring for and teaching the hatchlings. Little Eostre grew as close to Arduinna as if they had been nestmates. The older Primal loved to watch over the little Fae in the hours around sunset and sunrise. Arduinna was playful and adventurous, and Eostre began to take after her. The Nocturne proved to have a natural affinity for encouraging and improving the health of plants, picking up by instinct the skills that Kholyn had had to work to learn when she was younger. As she discovered her abilities, she showed them to Eostre, who picked them up just as easily.

Like her parents and sister, Arduinna did most of that work and her other chores by night. The clan was now made up of five nocturnal dragons (four Nocturnes and a Spiral) and three diurnal ones (two Fae and a Wildclaw), so it sometimes seemed that most of the exciting action took place at night. However, the days were growing longer and warmer, and it wouldn't be long until Greenskeeper Gathering started. The whole clan was looking forward to it.

One day, Flora returned to Clan Ferngrove's lair to extend the clan an official invitation to the Flight's festival gathering, which Gladekeeper was hosting in the dedicated festival grounds a short distance from the Behemoth. There was to be feasting, games, dancing, and, of course, festival gifts for all. The whole clan accepted; Meridian and Baze were especially excited to see the spectacle. Flora also took note of the fact that the clan had grown by four hatchlings since she had been there to register them, and that two of those four had hatched with Primal eyes.

"Be sure to come by the festival honorees' tent when you get to the festival grounds," Flora told Arduinna and Eostre. "We have flower crowns to give out to all Primals."

"Oh, thank you," said Arduinna. "We'll be there."

Flora left the clan with a map showing exactly how to get to the festival grounds, then went on her way to spread the word to more clans. The hatchlings immediately started assembling leafy packs with food, toys, and even what coins their parents could spare so that they could buy food and trinkets at the festival. This was going to be the best month ever!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the days before Greenskeeper Gathering officially started, though, the hatchlings grew bigger and bigger. One evening, Baze took Zircon aside to speak with him.

"Zircon," Baze said solemnly, "you're almost of age now, and in my original clan in the Ashfall Waste, all the fathers sent their sons out to start training as warriors as soon as they came of age. The tradition goes back many generations, and I hope for it to continue in my new clan. Will you go with Kholyn and Meridian to the Training Fields the day you come of age?"

"Have you asked them about this?"

"I have. They've agreed to take you tomorrow. You'll have to get up a few hours before sunset. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Father, I can. I will go with them tomorrow."
Scene 22

Fulfills task for: Day 68 (May 27, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Skipping Stone

Life went on in Clan Ferngrove. Baze continued his crafting, the others continued their gathering and cultivating, and they all played a part in caring for and teaching the hatchlings. Little Eostre grew as close to Arduinna as if they had been nestmates. The older Primal loved to watch over the little Fae in the hours around sunset and sunrise. Arduinna was playful and adventurous, and Eostre began to take after her. The Nocturne proved to have a natural affinity for encouraging and improving the health of plants, picking up by instinct the skills that Kholyn had had to work to learn when she was younger. As she discovered her abilities, she showed them to Eostre, who picked them up just as easily.

Like her parents and sister, Arduinna did most of that work and her other chores by night. The clan was now made up of five nocturnal dragons (four Nocturnes and a Spiral) and three diurnal ones (two Fae and a Wildclaw), so it sometimes seemed that most of the exciting action took place at night. However, the days were growing longer and warmer, and it wouldn't be long until Greenskeeper Gathering started. The whole clan was looking forward to it.

One day, Flora returned to Clan Ferngrove's lair to extend the clan an official invitation to the Flight's festival gathering, which Gladekeeper was hosting in the dedicated festival grounds a short distance from the Behemoth. There was to be feasting, games, dancing, and, of course, festival gifts for all. The whole clan accepted; Meridian and Baze were especially excited to see the spectacle. Flora also took note of the fact that the clan had grown by four hatchlings since she had been there to register them, and that two of those four had hatched with Primal eyes.

"Be sure to come by the festival honorees' tent when you get to the festival grounds," Flora told Arduinna and Eostre. "We have flower crowns to give out to all Primals."

"Oh, thank you," said Arduinna. "We'll be there."

Flora left the clan with a map showing exactly how to get to the festival grounds, then went on her way to spread the word to more clans. The hatchlings immediately started assembling leafy packs with food, toys, and even what coins their parents could spare so that they could buy food and trinkets at the festival. This was going to be the best month ever!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In the days before Greenskeeper Gathering officially started, though, the hatchlings grew bigger and bigger. One evening, Baze took Zircon aside to speak with him.

"Zircon," Baze said solemnly, "you're almost of age now, and in my original clan in the Ashfall Waste, all the fathers sent their sons out to start training as warriors as soon as they came of age. The tradition goes back many generations, and I hope for it to continue in my new clan. Will you go with Kholyn and Meridian to the Training Fields the day you come of age?"

"Have you asked them about this?"

"I have. They've agreed to take you tomorrow. You'll have to get up a few hours before sunset. Can you do that?"

"Yes, Father, I can. I will go with them tomorrow."
Event Post #15

Fulfills task for: Day 64 (May 23, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Ambush

On May 23, I flipped a real quarter and got a Tails again. Once again, all my dragons are safe... for now.

@ShadewingRising (By the way, if you would like only one ping when I post a whole series of catch-up posts like this, please tell me)
Event Post #15

Fulfills task for: Day 64 (May 23, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Ambush

On May 23, I flipped a real quarter and got a Tails again. Once again, all my dragons are safe... for now.

@ShadewingRising (By the way, if you would like only one ping when I post a whole series of catch-up posts like this, please tell me)
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coli Post #15[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 65 (May 24, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 31 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Sunset Sea Dragon][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=serrated beak] x4 [item=rosy similis] x4 [item=bladed flatleaf] x4 [item=blue spot Pygmy Wrasse] x4 [item=Shell-Dwelling Cichlid] x3 [item=mustache moth] x3 [item=blue honeycomb] x3 [item=firestarter] x3 [item=false leaf] x3 [item=blue rose] x3 [item=ruby brooch] x2 [item=broken flower pot] x2 [item=fine filament] x2 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x2 [item=pygmy wrasse] x2 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x2 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=fragile moth wings] x2 [item=crunchy moth legs] x2 [item=jagged beak] x2 [item=herbalist's satchel] x2 [item=carpenter wax] x2 [item=silk spool] x1 [item=triad moth] x1 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=fragile antler] x1 [item=dwarf fawn] x1 [item=micro deer] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=cheerful bird toy] x1 [item=ragepuff down] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=chipskink tail] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=pollen] x1 [item=florist's satchel] x1 [item=pale pink rose] x1 [item=worn Pincushion] x1 [item=frosted violets] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 [item=emerald brooch] x1 [item=silken feathers] x1 [item=stuffed Pincushion] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coli Post #15

Fulfills task for: Day 65 (May 24, 2019)
Battles Completed: 31
Item of the Day:

Sunset Sea Dragon

Loot

Serrated Beak x4 Rosy Similis x4 Bladed Flatleaf x4 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x4
Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x3 Mustache Moth x3 Blue Honeycomb x3 Firestarter x3
False Leaf x3 Blue Rose x3 Ruby Brooch x2 Broken Flower Pot x2
Fine Filament x2 Glowing Pocket Bauble x2 Pygmy Wrasse x2 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x2
Ire Tweet x2 Fragile Moth Wings x2 Crunchy Moth Legs x2 Jagged Beak x2
Herbalist's Satchel x2 Carpenter Wax x2 Silk Spool x1 Triad Moth x1
Display Plumes x1 Fragile Antler x1 Dwarf Fawn x1 Micro Deer x1
Hardy Antler x1 Cheerful Bird Toy x1 Ragepuff Down x1 Sweet Songbird x1
Chipskink Tail x1 Silverfish x1 Pollen x1 Florist's Satchel x1
Pale Pink Rose x1 Worn Pincushion x1 Frosted Violets x1 Tiny Feathers x1
Emerald Brooch x1 Silken Feathers x1 Stuffed Pincushion x1

@ShadewingRising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10