Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Tale of Clan Ferngrove
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coliseum Battle Post #9[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 45 (May 4, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 31 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Royal Oyster][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=serrated beak] x6 [item=reverse silkworm moth] x5 [item=jagged beak] x4 [item=ruby brooch] x4 [item=blue spot Pygmy Wrasse] x4 [item=Shell-Dwelling Cichlid] x3 [item=silverfish spectre] x3 [item=fragile moth wings] x3 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=sweet songbird] x2 [item=emerald brooch] x2 [item=false leaf] x2 [item=frosted violets] x2 [item=dwarf fawn] x2 [item=rosy similis] x2 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x2 [item=firestarter] x2 [item=sweetpuff feather] x1 [item=ragepuff down] x1 [item=white lace honeybee] x1 [item=beeswax] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=minor health potion] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 [item=satin violets] x1 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x1 [item=carpenter wax] x1 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x1 [item=broken flower pot] x1 [item=fragile antler] x1 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x1 [item=herbalist's satchel] x1 [item=blue rose] x1 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=herdbeast hoof] x1 [item=fragile antler] x1 [item=chipskink tail] x1 [item=silken feathers] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=ember mouse] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coliseum Battle Post #9

Fulfills task for: Day 45 (May 4, 2019)
Battles Completed: 31
Item of the Day:

Royal Oyster

Loot

Serrated Beak x6 Reverse Silkworm Moth x5 Jagged Beak x4 Ruby Brooch x4
Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x4 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x3 Silverfish Spectre x3 Fragile Moth Wings x3
Ire Tweet x2 Sweet Songbird x2 Emerald Brooch x2 False Leaf x2
Frosted Violets x2 Dwarf Fawn x2 Rosy Similis x2 Glowing Pocket Bauble x2
Firestarter x2 Sweetpuff Feather x1 Ragepuff Down x1 White Lace Honeybee x1
Beeswax x1 Crunchy Moth Legs x1 Minor Health Potion x1 Tiny Feathers x1
Satin Violets x1 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x1 Carpenter Wax x1 Bluelight Chipskink Tail x1
Broken Flower Pot x1 Fragile Antler x1 Dark-Tufted Featherduster x1 Herbalist's Satchel x1
Blue Rose x1 Display Plumes x1 Pygmy Wrasse x1 Herdbeast Hoof x1
Fragile Antler x1 Chipskink Tail x1 Silken Feathers x1 Hardy Antler x1
Ember Mouse x1

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coliseum Battle Post #10[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 46 (May 5, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 21 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Song Cricket][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=honeycomb fragment] x3 [item=mustache moth] x3 [item=display plumes] x3 [item=rosy similis] x3 [item=serrated beak] x2 [item=beeswax] x2 [item=firestarter] x2 [item=blue spot Pygmy Wrasse] x2 [item=ruby brooch] x1 [item=fine filament] x1 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x1 [item=cheerful bird toy] x1 [item=micro deer] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=blue rose] x1 [item=carpenter wax] x1 [item=blue honeycomb] x1 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x1 [item=brightly painted bird toy] x1 [item=jagged beak] x1 [item=emerald brooch] x1 [item=florist's satchel] x1 [item=pale pink rose] x1 [item=reverse silkworm moth] x1 [item=silverfish spectre] x1 [item=white cabbage butterfly] x1 [item=sticky pollen] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coliseum Battle Post #10

Fulfills task for: Day 46 (May 5, 2019)
Battles Completed: 21
Item of the Day:

Song Cricket

Loot

Honeycomb Fragment x3 Mustache Moth x3 Display Plumes x3 Rosy Similis x3
Serrated Beak x2 Beeswax x2 Firestarter x2 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x2
Ruby Brooch x1 Fine Filament x1 Bluelight Chipskink Tail x1 Silverfish x1
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x1 Cheerful Bird Toy x1 Micro Deer x1 Hardy Antler x1
Blue Rose x1 Carpenter Wax x1 Blue Honeycomb x1 Dark-Tufted Featherduster x1
Brightly Painted Bird Toy x1 Jagged Beak x1 Emerald Brooch x1 Florist's Satchel x1
Pale Pink Rose x1 Reverse Silkworm Moth x1 Silverfish Spectre x1 White Cabbage Butterfly x1
Sticky Pollen x1

@ShadewingRising
Scene 19

Fulfills task for: Day 51 (May 10, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Fragile Antler

"Kholyn!" Murasaki called out from the nest in the far corner of the lair. "It's time!"

There was only one thing it could be time for. All four of the other members of Clan Ferngrove gathered around the nest. Murasaki stepped aside so they could watch as the bark-like Nature eggshells began to split apart, starting from the sprout at the top.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" cried Sakura, whirling around and around as she hovered. "Congratulations, you two!"

"Thank you," said Murasaki.

"It seemed like a long wait before we could have hatchlings," Baze said, "but I'm glad we waited. Now we have more than ample means to provide for them." It was true. The end of Wavecrest Saturnalia had seen Clan Ferngrove busier than ever, selling their scavenged and dragonmade items to the many dragons traveling home from the festival.

"We do," agreed Meridian, who had taken charge of the clan's bookkeeping. "In fact, we're very close to having enough for gene scrolls, even taking into account what we'll need to buy meat for the hatchlings. Are there any out there you like, Kholyn?"

"Me?" said Kholyn. "You're asking me?"

"Of course! A good clan co-leader and co-founder deserves to look her best."

"He's right, you know," said Baze. "We do appreciate you, and you do deserve it. The next time I travel to a marketplace, you could come with me and pick out a gene scroll you like."

"I... Wow. All right. I'll come with you."

There was a loud crack as the first hatchling fully broke out of her shell. It was a girl, with black-and-purple coloration like her mother's, only slightly darker, and with an unusual sheen to her green eyes. She sank to the sandy floor, exhausted, and Murasaki came to pick her up and hold her close.

The second hatchling looked much the same, except for her eyes. They glowed with an unbridled, primal power all their own, and even had tiny leaf-tendrils and white flowers sprouting from their outer edges. "What are those?!" Sakura exclaimed.

"That must be what Nature's Primal eyes look like!" said Meridian. "Fascinating! Light's just look like little miniature suns."

"They must mean that this little one is especially blessed by the Gladekeeper," Kholyn said in awe.

"Most likely," Meridian said. "That's what dragons in the Sunbeam Ruins believe, too - that Primal-eyed dragons are touched or blessed by their respective deities in a special way."

"Wow," said Murasaki. "I'm honored."

The third hatchling was another girl, like the others, only a bit lighter. The fourth, the only boy of the nest, was also the only one who had inherited his father's gembond. Baze was drawn to him immediately, picking him up and holding him. "You need a good, strong name for a boy touched by the fires of the depths of the earth," he said. "I will name you Zircon."

"That's a good name," said Murasaki. "What about the girls?"

There was a lively discussion among the clan, and the girls ended up being named Alicia, Arduinna, and Reilana. The clan set about cleaning up the hatchlings and cooking them their first bite-sized pieces of micro-deer meat sauteed in caterpillar paste.

Alicia was noticeably smaller than any of her three siblings, and didn't seem to exhibit the energy they had. Kholyn tried, but the skills she used to revive dying plants didn't work on dragon hatchlings. Much to the whole clan's sorrow, Alicia passed away peacefully less than a week later.

Led by Murasaki and Kholyn, the clan processed out into the woods to find the barest spot of earth they could. They buried the little hatchling there, marking the place with a tree stump into which Baze had carved her name, the clan sigil, and the sigil of Nature Flight. Alicia was buried with her own and her three siblings' eggshells, and with one of Baze's dolls. At the end of the ceremony, Kholyn took out her little silken satchel of orchid seeds, and planted one right in the center of the mound of earth. She summoned her Nature magic, and the orchid plant sprouted up and bloomed, and grass grew over the mound before their eyes.

"I'm sorry my Nature magic couldn't save you, Alicia," Kholyn said, "but even so, it can turn this place into a place of beauty, growth, and life. May this flower bring joy, hope, and inspiration to anyone who sees it."

@ShadewingRising
Scene 19

Fulfills task for: Day 51 (May 10, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Fragile Antler

"Kholyn!" Murasaki called out from the nest in the far corner of the lair. "It's time!"

There was only one thing it could be time for. All four of the other members of Clan Ferngrove gathered around the nest. Murasaki stepped aside so they could watch as the bark-like Nature eggshells began to split apart, starting from the sprout at the top.

"Oh, this is so exciting!" cried Sakura, whirling around and around as she hovered. "Congratulations, you two!"

"Thank you," said Murasaki.

"It seemed like a long wait before we could have hatchlings," Baze said, "but I'm glad we waited. Now we have more than ample means to provide for them." It was true. The end of Wavecrest Saturnalia had seen Clan Ferngrove busier than ever, selling their scavenged and dragonmade items to the many dragons traveling home from the festival.

"We do," agreed Meridian, who had taken charge of the clan's bookkeeping. "In fact, we're very close to having enough for gene scrolls, even taking into account what we'll need to buy meat for the hatchlings. Are there any out there you like, Kholyn?"

"Me?" said Kholyn. "You're asking me?"

"Of course! A good clan co-leader and co-founder deserves to look her best."

"He's right, you know," said Baze. "We do appreciate you, and you do deserve it. The next time I travel to a marketplace, you could come with me and pick out a gene scroll you like."

"I... Wow. All right. I'll come with you."

There was a loud crack as the first hatchling fully broke out of her shell. It was a girl, with black-and-purple coloration like her mother's, only slightly darker, and with an unusual sheen to her green eyes. She sank to the sandy floor, exhausted, and Murasaki came to pick her up and hold her close.

The second hatchling looked much the same, except for her eyes. They glowed with an unbridled, primal power all their own, and even had tiny leaf-tendrils and white flowers sprouting from their outer edges. "What are those?!" Sakura exclaimed.

"That must be what Nature's Primal eyes look like!" said Meridian. "Fascinating! Light's just look like little miniature suns."

"They must mean that this little one is especially blessed by the Gladekeeper," Kholyn said in awe.

"Most likely," Meridian said. "That's what dragons in the Sunbeam Ruins believe, too - that Primal-eyed dragons are touched or blessed by their respective deities in a special way."

"Wow," said Murasaki. "I'm honored."

The third hatchling was another girl, like the others, only a bit lighter. The fourth, the only boy of the nest, was also the only one who had inherited his father's gembond. Baze was drawn to him immediately, picking him up and holding him. "You need a good, strong name for a boy touched by the fires of the depths of the earth," he said. "I will name you Zircon."

"That's a good name," said Murasaki. "What about the girls?"

There was a lively discussion among the clan, and the girls ended up being named Alicia, Arduinna, and Reilana. The clan set about cleaning up the hatchlings and cooking them their first bite-sized pieces of micro-deer meat sauteed in caterpillar paste.

Alicia was noticeably smaller than any of her three siblings, and didn't seem to exhibit the energy they had. Kholyn tried, but the skills she used to revive dying plants didn't work on dragon hatchlings. Much to the whole clan's sorrow, Alicia passed away peacefully less than a week later.

Led by Murasaki and Kholyn, the clan processed out into the woods to find the barest spot of earth they could. They buried the little hatchling there, marking the place with a tree stump into which Baze had carved her name, the clan sigil, and the sigil of Nature Flight. Alicia was buried with her own and her three siblings' eggshells, and with one of Baze's dolls. At the end of the ceremony, Kholyn took out her little silken satchel of orchid seeds, and planted one right in the center of the mound of earth. She summoned her Nature magic, and the orchid plant sprouted up and bloomed, and grass grew over the mound before their eyes.

"I'm sorry my Nature magic couldn't save you, Alicia," Kholyn said, "but even so, it can turn this place into a place of beauty, growth, and life. May this flower bring joy, hope, and inspiration to anyone who sees it."

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Event Post #9[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 26 (April 15, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Black and White Flair Scarf][/center] Darn Wildclaw breeding cooldowns. :D I put Meridian and Kholyn on a nest as soon as he was ready, and got two eggs. Plus, I actually remembered to take a screenshot this time! [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/fe82e648409620e8cd2970b275756fdf/tumblr_prxyfu1LbY1sp47bko1_1280.jpg[/img] @ShadewingRising
Event Post #9

Fulfills task for: Day 26 (April 15, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Black and White Flair Scarf

Darn Wildclaw breeding cooldowns. :D I put Meridian and Kholyn on a nest as soon as he was ready, and got two eggs. Plus, I actually remembered to take a screenshot this time!

tumblr_prxyfu1LbY1sp47bko1_1280.jpg

@ShadewingRising
Scene 20

Fulfills task for: Day 58 (May 17, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Waterskin

Throughout the days when Baze and Murasaki had been waiting to start their first nest, Meridian and Kholyn had been spending one day out of every week or so at the training fields - sometimes just the two of them, sometimes with one of the others accompanying them. Armed with her new Aid battlestone, Kholyn became an ardent protector of her clanmate's lives and safety on the fields. All five members of the clan formed stronger bonds with each other this way, but especially Kholyn and Meridian. When the clan's first nest hatched, Kholyn was so enamored of the hatchlings that she knew she wanted some of her own. She asked Meridian that very night if he would be her mate. He admitted that he had been thinking of asking her the same, but had been too nervous, and happily said yes.

The clan's having to bury its first hatchling may have cast the wisdom of starting new nests into doubt for some dragons, but Kholyn was determined to begin a legacy and a family of her own. It wasn't long after their mates' ceremony that she and Meridian were taking turns sitting on a nest of their own, this one with only two eggs. In the midst of their nesting period, the time came for Baze's next excursion to a marketplace. Meridian encouraged her to go with him, like they'd talked about when their clan's first nest had hatched, and Murasaki said she would be glad to help out when Meridian needed a break. Kholyn and Baze thanked them and took their leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kholyn had never seen anything like the marketplace. So many dragons flying and walking about, and so many different things to see! Baze showed her the way to the tent where newly-enchanted scrolls and vials for changing one's appearance were sold, and showed her the budget that he and Meridian had worked out. It was only enough for a relatively-inexpensive treasure gene, but in the end, it was exactly what they needed. The gene that Kholyn decided she liked best was one that spoke of the wild, untamed freedom of Nature Flight. They paid the shopkeeper for it, and Kholyn began to read the words on the scroll aloud.

As she read, each word lifted off the scroll and transformed itself into a glowing mote of magic, which floated over to her and stuck to her skin. Much to her and Baze's surprise, though, she hadn't gotten more than three lines into the rhymed verse on the scroll when all the motes pulled away from her at once, then returned to the scroll, so that the words re-appeared on it. The scroll yanked itself out of her claws, rolled itself up, and whacked Kholyn lightly on the nose. Then it fell to the ground.

"What is going on?!" Kholyn said.

"Hey, what are you trying to push on us?" Baze said accusingly to the shopkeeper.

"Nothing!" said the Skydancer shopkeeper quickly. "Pardon me for asking, ma'am, but do you have a nest waiting to hatch right now?"

"Yes, actually, I do," said Kholyn. "What does that have to do with it?"

"The scroll's magic knows. It won't work for you until after they've hatched. Read the fine print on the back. Silently."

Kholyn picked up the fallen scroll and did as the shopkeeper said. "Oh," she said, her crests drooping slightly. "I see."

"Take it home with you and be patient," the shopkeeper encouraged her. "It'll work, but not until after the eggs have hatched. Good luck with your new hatchlings."

"Thank you." They took their leave of the Skydancer and returned to the rest of their shopping.

@ShadewingRising
Scene 20

Fulfills task for: Day 58 (May 17, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Waterskin

Throughout the days when Baze and Murasaki had been waiting to start their first nest, Meridian and Kholyn had been spending one day out of every week or so at the training fields - sometimes just the two of them, sometimes with one of the others accompanying them. Armed with her new Aid battlestone, Kholyn became an ardent protector of her clanmate's lives and safety on the fields. All five members of the clan formed stronger bonds with each other this way, but especially Kholyn and Meridian. When the clan's first nest hatched, Kholyn was so enamored of the hatchlings that she knew she wanted some of her own. She asked Meridian that very night if he would be her mate. He admitted that he had been thinking of asking her the same, but had been too nervous, and happily said yes.

The clan's having to bury its first hatchling may have cast the wisdom of starting new nests into doubt for some dragons, but Kholyn was determined to begin a legacy and a family of her own. It wasn't long after their mates' ceremony that she and Meridian were taking turns sitting on a nest of their own, this one with only two eggs. In the midst of their nesting period, the time came for Baze's next excursion to a marketplace. Meridian encouraged her to go with him, like they'd talked about when their clan's first nest had hatched, and Murasaki said she would be glad to help out when Meridian needed a break. Kholyn and Baze thanked them and took their leave.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kholyn had never seen anything like the marketplace. So many dragons flying and walking about, and so many different things to see! Baze showed her the way to the tent where newly-enchanted scrolls and vials for changing one's appearance were sold, and showed her the budget that he and Meridian had worked out. It was only enough for a relatively-inexpensive treasure gene, but in the end, it was exactly what they needed. The gene that Kholyn decided she liked best was one that spoke of the wild, untamed freedom of Nature Flight. They paid the shopkeeper for it, and Kholyn began to read the words on the scroll aloud.

As she read, each word lifted off the scroll and transformed itself into a glowing mote of magic, which floated over to her and stuck to her skin. Much to her and Baze's surprise, though, she hadn't gotten more than three lines into the rhymed verse on the scroll when all the motes pulled away from her at once, then returned to the scroll, so that the words re-appeared on it. The scroll yanked itself out of her claws, rolled itself up, and whacked Kholyn lightly on the nose. Then it fell to the ground.

"What is going on?!" Kholyn said.

"Hey, what are you trying to push on us?" Baze said accusingly to the shopkeeper.

"Nothing!" said the Skydancer shopkeeper quickly. "Pardon me for asking, ma'am, but do you have a nest waiting to hatch right now?"

"Yes, actually, I do," said Kholyn. "What does that have to do with it?"

"The scroll's magic knows. It won't work for you until after they've hatched. Read the fine print on the back. Silently."

Kholyn picked up the fallen scroll and did as the shopkeeper said. "Oh," she said, her crests drooping slightly. "I see."

"Take it home with you and be patient," the shopkeeper encouraged her. "It'll work, but not until after the eggs have hatched. Good luck with your new hatchlings."

"Thank you." They took their leave of the Skydancer and returned to the rest of their shopping.

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coli Post #11[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 48 (May 7, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 31 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Inky Octopus][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=pale pink rose] x6 [item=serrated beak] x5 [item=mustache moth] x3 [item=frosted violets] x3 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x3 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x2 [item=cheerful bird toy] x2 [item=fine filament] x2 [item=honeycomb fragment] x2 [item=blue spot Pygmy Wrasse] x2 [item=firestarter] x2 [item=emerald brooch] x2 [item=rosy similis] x2 [item=silverfish spectre] x2 [item=florist's satchel] x1 [item=herbalist's satchel] x1 [item=pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x1 [item=dwarf fawn] x1 [item=sparrow skull] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=fragile moth wings] x1 [item=green lace ribbons] x1 [item=carpenter wax] x1 [item=blue honeycomb] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 [item=ruby brooch] x1 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=shadowmist oysters] x1 [item=micro deer] x1 [item=hardy antler] x1 [item=satin violets] x1 [item=silk spool] x1 [item=triad moth] x1 [item=broken flower pot] x1 [item=worn Pincushion] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=sweetpuff feather] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=ire tweet] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coli Post #11

Fulfills task for: Day 48 (May 7, 2019)
Battles Completed: 31
Item of the Day:

Inky Octopus

Loot

Pale Pink Rose x6 Serrated Beak x5 Mustache Moth x3 Frosted Violets x3
Dark-Tufted Featherduster x3 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x2 Cheerful Bird Toy x2 Fine Filament x2
Honeycomb Fragment x2 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x2 Firestarter x2 Emerald Brooch x2
Rosy Similis x2 Silverfish Spectre x2 Florist's Satchel x1 Herbalist's Satchel x1
Pygmy Wrasse x1 Glowing Pocket Bauble x1 Dwarf Fawn x1 Sparrow Skull x1
Crunchy Moth Legs x1 Fragile Moth Wings x1 Green Lace Ribbons x1 Carpenter Wax x1
Blue Honeycomb x1 Tiny Feathers x1 Ruby Brooch x1 Display Plumes x1
Shadowmist Oysters x1 Micro Deer x1 Hardy Antler x1 Satin Violets x1
Silk Spool x1 Triad Moth x1 Broken Flower Pot x1 Worn Pincushion x1
Silverfish x1 Sweetpuff Feather x1 Sweet Songbird x1 Ire Tweet x1

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coli Post #12[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 54 (May 13, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 41 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Crow][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=triad moth] x7 [item=firestarter] x5 [item=blue spot Pygmy Wrasse] x4 [item=jagged beak] x4 [item=hardy antler] x4 [item=fragile antler] x4 [item=silk spool] x3 [item=emerald brooch] x3 [item=carpenter wax] x3 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x3 [item=satin violets] x3 [item=dwarf fawn] x3 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x3 [item=serrated beak] x2 [item=ruby brooch] x2 [item=honeycomb fragment] x2 [item=beeswax] x2 [item=mustache moth] x2 [item=stuffed Pincushion] x2 [item=pygmy wrasse] x2 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x2 [item=blue honeycomb] x2 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=worn Pincushion] x1 [item=frosted violets] x1 [item=ember mouse] x1 [item=sun flecked fieldmouse] x1 [item=false leaf] x1 [item=sticky pollen] x1 [item=micro deer] x1 [item=ragepuff down] x1 [item=white lace honeybee] x1 [item=broken flower pot] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=fragile moth wings] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=cheerful bird toy] x1 [item=silken feathers] x1 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x1 [item=pale pink rose] x1 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x1 [item=silverfish spectre] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coli Post #12

Fulfills task for: Day 54 (May 13, 2019)
Battles Completed: 41
Item of the Day:

Crow

Loot

Triad Moth x7 Firestarter x5 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x4 Jagged Beak x4
Hardy Antler x4 Fragile Antler x4 Silk Spool x3 Emerald Brooch x3
Carpenter Wax x3 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x3 Satin Violets x3 Dwarf Fawn x3
Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x3 Serrated Beak x2 Ruby Brooch x2 Honeycomb Fragment x2
Beeswax x2 Mustache Moth x2 Stuffed Pincushion x2 Pygmy Wrasse x2
Ire Tweet x2 Dark-Tufted Featherduster x2 Blue Honeycomb x2 Display Plumes x1
Silverfish x1 Worn Pincushion x1 Frosted Violets x1 Ember Mouse x1
Sun Flecked Fieldmouse x1 False Leaf x1 Sticky Pollen x1 Micro Deer x1
Ragepuff Down x1 White Lace Honeybee x1 Broken Flower Pot x1 Crunchy Moth Legs x1
Fragile Moth Wings x1 Sweet Songbird x1 Cheerful Bird Toy x1 Silken Feathers x1
Glowing Pocket Bauble x1 Pale Pink Rose x1 Bluelight Chipskink Tail x1 Silverfish Spectre x1
Tiny Feathers x1

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Event Post #10[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 30 (April 19, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Discipline][/center] Day 30 was the fourth day of this run that I got a battlestone, and the first time my coinflip for it landed Heads, forcing me to execute my first [b]Death Streak![/b] I know I shouldn't have put this off for this long, but I wanted to wait until I'd introduced all four of the new dragons I'd gotten up to that point in my written story. That took me longer than I thought it would, and I'm sorry. Here goes. Random.org gave me: Sakura, Murasaki, Meridian, who are currently levels 4, 5, and 5. Since I've been using Medium mode for all my coli posts so far, I'm going to go with the true Hardmode rules for this post, and go for 10 rounds on the Woodland Path. ...And they all survived, although I admit they wouldn't have without the health potions I had with me. (Hey, the rules are silent on those; they only say you have to do 10 rounds consecutively without stopping.) Also, Sakura leveled up to level 5, and Meridian leveled up to level 6. [b]Loot[/b] [item=strangling root] x2 [item=sakura owlet] x2 [item=grouse] x1 [item=coral grouse] x1 [item=vampire eel] x1 [item=daddy longlegs] x1 [item=wildwood owlet] x1 [item=wildwood moss] x1 [item=thunder scarab] x1 [item=meaty bat wing] x1 [item=tiny feathers] x1 [item=sakura moss] x1 [item=bamboo leaves] x1 [item=sticky pollen] x1 [item=venus flytrap] x1 @ShadewingRising
Event Post #10

Fulfills task for: Day 30 (April 19, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Discipline

Day 30 was the fourth day of this run that I got a battlestone, and the first time my coinflip for it landed Heads, forcing me to execute my first Death Streak! I know I shouldn't have put this off for this long, but I wanted to wait until I'd introduced all four of the new dragons I'd gotten up to that point in my written story. That took me longer than I thought it would, and I'm sorry. Here goes.

Random.org gave me: Sakura, Murasaki, Meridian, who are currently levels 4, 5, and 5. Since I've been using Medium mode for all my coli posts so far, I'm going to go with the true Hardmode rules for this post, and go for 10 rounds on the Woodland Path.

...And they all survived, although I admit they wouldn't have without the health potions I had with me. (Hey, the rules are silent on those; they only say you have to do 10 rounds consecutively without stopping.) Also, Sakura leveled up to level 5, and Meridian leveled up to level 6.

Loot

Strangling Root x2 Sakura Owlet x2 Grouse x1 Coral Grouse x1
Vampire Eel x1 Daddy Longlegs x1 Wildwood Owlet x1 Wildwood Moss x1
Thunder Scarab x1 Meaty Bat Wing x1 Tiny Feathers x1 Sakura Moss x1
Bamboo Leaves x1 Sticky Pollen x1 Venus Flytrap x1

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Event Post #11[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 34 (April 23, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Berserker][/center] Day 34 was the second of the two times this run I've gotten Heads on the coinflip for a battlestone, so here's my second [b]Death Streak![/b] I waited until after site rollover to do this one, just to make things more interesting. Random.org gave me: Meridian, Kholyn, Zircon. The first two are both currently level 6, so they have to take young Zircon to the Woodland Path. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dfceece6444ef1d541249afa2b64ffb9/tumblr_prxyfu1LbY1sp47bko2_r1_500.jpg[/img] This was during their sixth of 10 battles, which was against a Clown Charger and Bluefin Charger. RIP, Zircon. (I'll also admit that I did not make my game mechanics match my lore; Kholyn still doesn't actually have that Aid battlestone I keep writing about. I kinda wish I had gotten one now.) Loot from the 5 battles before this one: [item=leafy pack] x1 [item=harvestman] x1 [item=strangling vine] x1 [item=bamboo leaves] x1 [item=phytocat toy] x1 [item=strangling root] x1 [item=venus flytrap] x1 [item=grouse] x1 [item=grouse basilisk field notes] x1 [item=river wiggler] x1 [item=coral grouse] x1 @ShadewingRising
Event Post #11

Fulfills task for: Day 34 (April 23, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Berserker

Day 34 was the second of the two times this run I've gotten Heads on the coinflip for a battlestone, so here's my second Death Streak! I waited until after site rollover to do this one, just to make things more interesting.

Random.org gave me: Meridian, Kholyn, Zircon. The first two are both currently level 6, so they have to take young Zircon to the Woodland Path.

tumblr_prxyfu1LbY1sp47bko2_r1_500.jpg

This was during their sixth of 10 battles, which was against a Clown Charger and Bluefin Charger. RIP, Zircon. (I'll also admit that I did not make my game mechanics match my lore; Kholyn still doesn't actually have that Aid battlestone I keep writing about. I kinda wish I had gotten one now.)

Loot from the 5 battles before this one:

Leafy Pack x1 Harvestman x1 Strangling Vine x1 Bamboo Leaves x1
Phytocat Toy x1 Strangling Root x1 Venus Flytrap x1 Grouse x1
Grouse Basilisk Field Notes x1 River Wiggler x1 Coral Grouse x1

@ShadewingRising
Event Post #12

Fulfills task for:
Day 49 (May 8, 2019)
Day 50 (May 9, 2019)
Day 53 (May 12, 2019)

Item of the Day:
Berserker

Yes, I am being completely serious. I really did get Berserkers from Pinkerton for 3 days out of a 5-day span. Fortunately, all three of the real coins I flipped on those days landed Tails, so nothing happened. These three days get a combined post because it would be pointless to make three posts that were all the same.

@ShadewingRising
Event Post #12

Fulfills task for:
Day 49 (May 8, 2019)
Day 50 (May 9, 2019)
Day 53 (May 12, 2019)

Item of the Day:
Berserker

Yes, I am being completely serious. I really did get Berserkers from Pinkerton for 3 days out of a 5-day span. Fortunately, all three of the real coins I flipped on those days landed Tails, so nothing happened. These three days get a combined post because it would be pointless to make three posts that were all the same.

@ShadewingRising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10