Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Pinkerlocke] The Tale of Clan Ferngrove
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@ShadewingRising Thank you so much!! If you want more, read my other (unfinished) Pinkerlocke thread that I linked to in my first post of this thread. I did put a little more effort into the writing of that one. :)
@ShadewingRising Thank you so much!! If you want more, read my other (unfinished) Pinkerlocke thread that I linked to in my first post of this thread. I did put a little more effort into the writing of that one. :)
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Art Post #1[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 13 (April 2, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Tallow Candle][/center] For my first piece of art, I drew Cleia holding baby Kholyn. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/4ff93492a47140333c6786b0fbb3d937/tumblr_pqhovnZhSU1sp47bko1_1280.jpg[/img] @ShadewingRising
Art Post #1

Fulfills task for: Day 13 (April 2, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Tallow Candle

For my first piece of art, I drew Cleia holding baby Kholyn.

tumblr_pqhovnZhSU1sp47bko1_1280.jpg

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coliseum Battle Post #5[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 31 (April 20, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 31 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Armored Catfish][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=mustache moth] x5 [item=giant sand dollar] x5 [item=dark-tufted featherduster] x4 [item=blue rose] x3 [item=frosted violets] x2 [item=fine filament] x2 [item=herbalist's satchel] x2 [item=sticky pollen] x2 [item=fragile moth wings] x2 [item=stuffed pincushion] x2 [item=satin violets] x2 [item=ragepuff down] x2 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=brightly painted bird toy] x2 [item=micro deer] x2 [item=triad moth] x2 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x2 [item=hardy antler] x2 [item=reverse silkworm moth] x2 [item=pollen] x2 [item=pale pink rose] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=leafy pack] x1 [item=false leaf] x1 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=Shell-Dwelling Cichlid] x1 [item=beeswax] x1 [item=bluelight chipskink tail] x1 [item=silverfish spectre] x1 [item=glowing pocket bauble] x1 [item=pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=blue honeycomb] x1 [item=rotting leather] x1 [item=fragile antler] x1 [item=carpenter wax] x1 [item=firestarter] x1 [item=blue spot pygmy wrasse] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coliseum Battle Post #5

Fulfills task for: Day 31 (April 20, 2019)
Battles Completed: 31
Item of the Day:

Armored Catfish

Loot

Mustache Moth x5 Giant Sand Dollar x5 Dark-Tufted Featherduster x4 Blue Rose x3
Frosted Violets x2 Fine Filament x2 Herbalist's Satchel x2 Sticky Pollen x2
Fragile Moth Wings x2 Stuffed Pincushion x2 Satin Violets x2 Ragepuff Down x2
Ire Tweet x2 Brightly Painted Bird Toy x2 Micro Deer x2 Triad Moth x2
Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x2 Hardy Antler x2 Reverse Silkworm Moth x2 Pollen x2
Pale Pink Rose x1 Sweet Songbird x1 Crunchy Moth Legs x1 Leafy Pack x1
False Leaf x1 Display Plumes x1 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x1 Beeswax x1
Bluelight Chipskink Tail x1 Silverfish Spectre x1 Glowing Pocket Bauble x1 Pygmy Wrasse x1
Blue Honeycomb x1 Rotting Leather x1 Fragile Antler x1 Carpenter Wax x1
Firestarter x1 Blue Spot Pygmy Wrasse x1

@ShadewingRising
That art of Kholyn is so cute <3 and wow so much loot!!
That art of Kholyn is so cute <3 and wow so much loot!!
tj85yjR.png BVq8q9P.png nGvTyg3.png
@ShadewingRising: Thank you very much! Yeah, it looks like a lot when it's all laid out that way. Here's my newest story post, and below it is an event post that I was waiting to make until I finally got another material item.
Scene 12

Fulfills task for: Day 35 (April 24, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Serrated Pilco Shell

Even after the dryads had left, the thicket of thorny vines still bustled with activity. Kholyn and Murasaki scurried back and forth within it, re-positioning some of the smaller branches to create more usable space in their new home, and finding places to put the belongings they unpacked from their leafy packs. In the midst of all this activity, Murasaki heard a small voice call out: "Hello? Good morning!"

Hearing an unfamiliar voice speaking in the draconic language caught her by surprise. She hurried to the entrance of the lair, where she found a small dragon with a feathered crest, bright yellow eyes, and sharp, curved claws. A visitor? Already? she thought.

"Hello," Murasaki said. "May we help you?"

"Is that your clan banner?"

That explains how we can have visitors so soon. "Yes. How long have you been watching us?"

"Maybe an hour? I don't mean any harm. I'm actually looking for a new clan right now."

"Really. Why don't you come in so you can meet Kholyn and Baze? It's only the three of us so far. We'll see what they have to say about it."

"Thank you. My name is Meridian, what's yours?"

"My name is Murasaki. Pleased to meet you."

Baze had already started preparing to go back to sleep for the rest of the day, and Murasaki would have liked to do the same, but this was important. She woke Baze and gathered the fledgling clan around the newcomer. Meridian was a Wildclaw, the same age as Baze. He had traveled from the Sunbeam Ruins to the Viridian Labyrinth because he wanted to reconnect with his breed's ancestral homeland, and to learn about how the dragons there lived.

Baze nodded after hearing his story. "I came here to learn more about the world, too," he said. "I think it will be good if you stay. Murasaki and I are naturally nocturnal, but Kholyn is not. She might be lonely during the day. If you help us take care of the lair, you may stay."

"Thank you!" said Meridian.

"That's very considerate of you," said Kholyn. "Thank you."

"What do you call your clan?" Meridian asked.

"You know, we hadn't really thought about that," Murasaki said.

"You brought all these ferns here, from the grove that you came from," said Baze. "They are very pretty. Why not Clan Ferngrove?"

"That sounds perfect," said Kholyn.

"Welcome, Meridian," said Baze. "You are the newest member of Clan Ferngrove."
@ShadewingRising: Thank you very much! Yeah, it looks like a lot when it's all laid out that way. Here's my newest story post, and below it is an event post that I was waiting to make until I finally got another material item.
Scene 12

Fulfills task for: Day 35 (April 24, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Serrated Pilco Shell

Even after the dryads had left, the thicket of thorny vines still bustled with activity. Kholyn and Murasaki scurried back and forth within it, re-positioning some of the smaller branches to create more usable space in their new home, and finding places to put the belongings they unpacked from their leafy packs. In the midst of all this activity, Murasaki heard a small voice call out: "Hello? Good morning!"

Hearing an unfamiliar voice speaking in the draconic language caught her by surprise. She hurried to the entrance of the lair, where she found a small dragon with a feathered crest, bright yellow eyes, and sharp, curved claws. A visitor? Already? she thought.

"Hello," Murasaki said. "May we help you?"

"Is that your clan banner?"

That explains how we can have visitors so soon. "Yes. How long have you been watching us?"

"Maybe an hour? I don't mean any harm. I'm actually looking for a new clan right now."

"Really. Why don't you come in so you can meet Kholyn and Baze? It's only the three of us so far. We'll see what they have to say about it."

"Thank you. My name is Meridian, what's yours?"

"My name is Murasaki. Pleased to meet you."

Baze had already started preparing to go back to sleep for the rest of the day, and Murasaki would have liked to do the same, but this was important. She woke Baze and gathered the fledgling clan around the newcomer. Meridian was a Wildclaw, the same age as Baze. He had traveled from the Sunbeam Ruins to the Viridian Labyrinth because he wanted to reconnect with his breed's ancestral homeland, and to learn about how the dragons there lived.

Baze nodded after hearing his story. "I came here to learn more about the world, too," he said. "I think it will be good if you stay. Murasaki and I are naturally nocturnal, but Kholyn is not. She might be lonely during the day. If you help us take care of the lair, you may stay."

"Thank you!" said Meridian.

"That's very considerate of you," said Kholyn. "Thank you."

"What do you call your clan?" Meridian asked.

"You know, we hadn't really thought about that," Murasaki said.

"You brought all these ferns here, from the grove that you came from," said Baze. "They are very pretty. Why not Clan Ferngrove?"

"That sounds perfect," said Kholyn.

"Welcome, Meridian," said Baze. "You are the newest member of Clan Ferngrove."
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Event Post #6[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 25 (April 14, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Fiendcat][/center] I was really excited that Random.org's random number generator gave me #10 on the 14th, which meant I got a Wildclaw! I really love them, and they're the Nature breed, which fits the setting (and which I made a part of the story, too). Welcome to the clan, Meridian! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50960639] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/509607/50960639_350.png[/img] [/url]
Event Post #6

Fulfills task for: Day 25 (April 14, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Fiendcat

I was really excited that Random.org's random number generator gave me #10 on the 14th, which meant I got a Wildclaw! I really love them, and they're the Nature breed, which fits the setting (and which I made a part of the story, too). Welcome to the clan, Meridian!

50960639_350.png
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Art Post #2[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 14 (April 3, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Delightful Wooden Unicorn][/center] For my second illustration, I drew Murasaki as Kholyn first found her - in the basket of a balloon that had gotten stuck in a tree. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/1a913c1e6954f337aceed0584e1691c5/tumblr_pqv2xonuHu1sp47bko1_540.jpg[/img] @ShadewingRising
Art Post #2

Fulfills task for: Day 14 (April 3, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Delightful Wooden Unicorn

For my second illustration, I drew Murasaki as Kholyn first found her - in the basket of a balloon that had gotten stuck in a tree.

tumblr_pqv2xonuHu1sp47bko1_540.jpg

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Coliseum Battle Post #6[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 33 (April 22, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Battles Completed: 21 Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Coffee Bean Hawkmoth][/center] [b]Loot[/b] [item=giant sand dollar] x9 [item=triad moth] x5 [item=mustache moth] x2 [item=carpenter wax] x2 [item=blue honeycomb] x2 [item=frosted violets] x2 [item=sweetpuff feather] x2 [item=ire tweet] x2 [item=honeycomb fragment] x1 [item=beeswax] x1 [item=firestarter] x1 [item=reverse silkworm moth] x1 [item=black tulip] x1 [item=silverfish] x1 [item=yellow-tinged featherduster] x1 [item=brightly painted bird toy] x1 [item=pygmy wrasse] x1 [item=shell-dwelling cichlid] x1 [item=worn pincushion] x1 [item=satin violets] x1 [item=crunchy moth legs] x1 [item=sweet songbird] x1 [item=display plumes] x1 [item=rosy similis] x1 @ShadewingRising
Coliseum Battle Post #6

Fulfills task for: Day 33 (April 22, 2019)
Battles Completed: 21
Item of the Day:

Coffee Bean Hawkmoth

Loot

Giant Sand Dollar x9 Triad Moth x5 Mustache Moth x2 Carpenter Wax x2
Blue Honeycomb x2 Frosted Violets x2 Sweetpuff Feather x2 Ire Tweet x2
Honeycomb Fragment x1 Beeswax x1 Firestarter x1 Reverse Silkworm Moth x1
Black Tulip x1 Silverfish x1 Yellow-Tinged Featherduster x1 Brightly Painted Bird Toy x1
Pygmy Wrasse x1 Shell-Dwelling Cichlid x1 Worn Pincushion x1 Satin Violets x1
Crunchy Moth Legs x1 Sweet Songbird x1 Display Plumes x1 Rosy Similis x1

@ShadewingRising
[center][size=5][color=green][b]Art Post #3[/b][/color][/size] [size=4][color=green][b]Fulfills task for: Day 16 (April 5, 2019)[/b][/color][/size] [color=green][b]Item of the Day:[/b][/color] [Item=Spikeshell Cover][/center] This is an illustration of the very last paragraph of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2651902/3#post_38621595]Scene 11.[/url] [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/6709c48c9c68fc4be19c94e7c3253ac9/tumblr_pqx6fuIAF11sp47bko1_1280.jpg[/img] @ShadewingRising
Art Post #3

Fulfills task for: Day 16 (April 5, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Spikeshell Cover

This is an illustration of the very last paragraph of Scene 11.

tumblr_pqx6fuIAF11sp47bko1_1280.jpg

@ShadewingRising
Scene 13

Fulfills task for: Day 36 (April 25, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Snowfall Elk Pelt

Baze had been absolutely right, Kholyn thought. It was nice to have the company of another dragon during the day. Now that Murasaki was living in her natural, brambly habitat with another Nocturne, she had fully embraced their nocturnal ways. She and Baze would wake up just after the sun had set and start hunting for duskrats, opossums, and other creatures that roamed the forest during the night. They would bring their quarry back to the lair, where all four members of the clan would eat together and socialize for a while before Kholyn and Meridian turned in for the night.

Meridian was absolutely fascinated to learn that Kholyn and Murasaki had been brought up by the dryads he had seen leaving the thicket when he had first arrived, rather than in a clan of other dragons. He was always eager to hear anything and everything the two dragonesses had to say about the dryad's ways and their wisdom. He was excellent company during the cleaning, gathering, and, of course, plant-growing that occupied Kholyn's days. Sometimes, in their foraging and explorations, they would come across plants that just needed a little more light to thrive. Meridian could use his innate Light magic to provide them with that additional light, which made him a very helpful partner for Kholyn in her endeavors.

One day, while they were searching through the forest for insects to eat and seeds to disperse, Meridian spied movement out of the corner of one eye. Not knowing what it was, he motioned for Kholyn to follow him, and they approached as silently as they could, Kholyn perching on Meridian's shoulder. At first, it looked like a piece of the forest floor itself was moving among the tree trunks. As they came closer, though, Meridian realized that it had a blue-green head and legs ending in stubby, clawed feet. It was a tortoise whose shell was so overgrown with grass, moss, and flowers that it blended in with its verdant surroundings. Something long and pink was coiled around the uppermost part of its shell.

"Is that a baby dragon?!" Kholyn squealed.

"Shhhhhhh," Meridian scolded. "We don't want to wake her."

The tortoise had already turned its head in her direction. Meridian raised his forepaws in front of him. "Sorry. We didn't mean any harm."

The pink thing raised its horned head and opened its enormous, magenta eyes. It was a baby Spiral, its scales mottled with small spots in varying shades of pink, decorated with gray whirling patterns. It looked up at them, clearly interested.

"Are you my new clan?" the baby Spiral asked.

Meridian was taken aback. "Your new clan? What happened to your old clan?"

"Nothing. They're very small, and very new. They sent me out into the world to find a place for myself."

"I left my birth clan to see more of the world, too," said Meridian. "Do you have a name? My name is Meridian."

"My name is Sakura. Pleased to meet you." She stressed the first syllable of her name when she said it.

"Pleased to meet you, Sakura. This is your familiar, then?"

"Yes. His name is Golan." Golan the tortoise nodded.

"This is my friend Kholyn," said Meridian, indicating the Fae who was still perched on his shoulder. "We're two of the four members of Clan Ferngrove. Come with us, and maybe the others will let you join, if you want. The Viridian Labyrinth is a wonderful place to live."

"It is!" agreed Kholyn. "I grew up here. It's wonderful to meet you, Sakura, and Golan."

Sakura and Golan agreed to follow Meridian and Kholyn back to their lair, where they waited until nightfall to meet the others. As Meridian and Kholyn had expected, Baze and Murasaki were happy to welcome a fifth member to Clan Ferngrove, and the Spiral and her tortoise stayed with them from that night on.

@ShadewingRising
Scene 13

Fulfills task for: Day 36 (April 25, 2019)
Item of the Day:
Snowfall Elk Pelt

Baze had been absolutely right, Kholyn thought. It was nice to have the company of another dragon during the day. Now that Murasaki was living in her natural, brambly habitat with another Nocturne, she had fully embraced their nocturnal ways. She and Baze would wake up just after the sun had set and start hunting for duskrats, opossums, and other creatures that roamed the forest during the night. They would bring their quarry back to the lair, where all four members of the clan would eat together and socialize for a while before Kholyn and Meridian turned in for the night.

Meridian was absolutely fascinated to learn that Kholyn and Murasaki had been brought up by the dryads he had seen leaving the thicket when he had first arrived, rather than in a clan of other dragons. He was always eager to hear anything and everything the two dragonesses had to say about the dryad's ways and their wisdom. He was excellent company during the cleaning, gathering, and, of course, plant-growing that occupied Kholyn's days. Sometimes, in their foraging and explorations, they would come across plants that just needed a little more light to thrive. Meridian could use his innate Light magic to provide them with that additional light, which made him a very helpful partner for Kholyn in her endeavors.

One day, while they were searching through the forest for insects to eat and seeds to disperse, Meridian spied movement out of the corner of one eye. Not knowing what it was, he motioned for Kholyn to follow him, and they approached as silently as they could, Kholyn perching on Meridian's shoulder. At first, it looked like a piece of the forest floor itself was moving among the tree trunks. As they came closer, though, Meridian realized that it had a blue-green head and legs ending in stubby, clawed feet. It was a tortoise whose shell was so overgrown with grass, moss, and flowers that it blended in with its verdant surroundings. Something long and pink was coiled around the uppermost part of its shell.

"Is that a baby dragon?!" Kholyn squealed.

"Shhhhhhh," Meridian scolded. "We don't want to wake her."

The tortoise had already turned its head in her direction. Meridian raised his forepaws in front of him. "Sorry. We didn't mean any harm."

The pink thing raised its horned head and opened its enormous, magenta eyes. It was a baby Spiral, its scales mottled with small spots in varying shades of pink, decorated with gray whirling patterns. It looked up at them, clearly interested.

"Are you my new clan?" the baby Spiral asked.

Meridian was taken aback. "Your new clan? What happened to your old clan?"

"Nothing. They're very small, and very new. They sent me out into the world to find a place for myself."

"I left my birth clan to see more of the world, too," said Meridian. "Do you have a name? My name is Meridian."

"My name is Sakura. Pleased to meet you." She stressed the first syllable of her name when she said it.

"Pleased to meet you, Sakura. This is your familiar, then?"

"Yes. His name is Golan." Golan the tortoise nodded.

"This is my friend Kholyn," said Meridian, indicating the Fae who was still perched on his shoulder. "We're two of the four members of Clan Ferngrove. Come with us, and maybe the others will let you join, if you want. The Viridian Labyrinth is a wonderful place to live."

"It is!" agreed Kholyn. "I grew up here. It's wonderful to meet you, Sakura, and Golan."

Sakura and Golan agreed to follow Meridian and Kholyn back to their lair, where they waited until nightfall to meet the others. As Meridian and Kholyn had expected, Baze and Murasaki were happy to welcome a fifth member to Clan Ferngrove, and the Spiral and her tortoise stayed with them from that night on.

@ShadewingRising
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10