Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Sornieth Correctional's Pinkerlocke
1 2 3 4
I've been look for a way to make FlightRising more exciting for me as a user and I've always enjoyed reading people's stories when they do a Pinkerlocke and I was heavily inspired after reading through @LingwysticMistic 's story. I decided I am going to try this with some modified rules from the original Pinkerlocke!

Original Rules: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162

What I will be changing:
  • A death in the coliseum will not result in the dragon being exalted
  • If a battlestone is given, a Death Streak is automatic and any derg who rolls a 2 on a six-sided dice will be exalted/given away. The dice will be rolled for all dergs involved in challenge
  • Apparel=nesting time for whatever male and female is RTB, if none are then a derg will get a gene change or a new skin/accent. All apparel that is gotten through ANY means will be given to a derg that RNG chooses
  • Any egg found in coli will be hatched and added to the challenge
  • When a derg levels up in coli, they will be given a piece of apparel chosen by RNG
  • Due to my lack of art skills and my slight lack of funds, I will most likely be ignoring trinkets that are given/making them into lore days!

Pinglist: @/LingwysticMistic @/Weredogalism @/KyaniteGem
I've been look for a way to make FlightRising more exciting for me as a user and I've always enjoyed reading people's stories when they do a Pinkerlocke and I was heavily inspired after reading through @LingwysticMistic 's story. I decided I am going to try this with some modified rules from the original Pinkerlocke!

Original Rules: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162

What I will be changing:
  • A death in the coliseum will not result in the dragon being exalted
  • If a battlestone is given, a Death Streak is automatic and any derg who rolls a 2 on a six-sided dice will be exalted/given away. The dice will be rolled for all dergs involved in challenge
  • Apparel=nesting time for whatever male and female is RTB, if none are then a derg will get a gene change or a new skin/accent. All apparel that is gotten through ANY means will be given to a derg that RNG chooses
  • Any egg found in coli will be hatched and added to the challenge
  • When a derg levels up in coli, they will be given a piece of apparel chosen by RNG
  • Due to my lack of art skills and my slight lack of funds, I will most likely be ignoring trinkets that are given/making them into lore days!

Pinglist: @/LingwysticMistic @/Weredogalism @/KyaniteGem
bEvLAND.png
Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Choose from one of these two rules:

Hardmode: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

bEvLAND.png
[center][b]Let's Meet The Crew!!!![/b][/center] Dragon 1: CeylonTea [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44755987] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/447560/44755987_350.png[/img] [/url] After escaping a life of heartache and despair, CeylonTea finally left her home. Her children were abandoned and most were never named and this was heartwrenching for the poor skydancer. CeylonTea wandered until she came across Sornieth Correctional Facility where she was placed after a life of crime landed her there. But soon she and two other inmates would be released to start a new life in the world. Dragon 2: DazzleCloud [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48991761] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/489918/48991761_350.png[/img] [/url] Born at Sornieth Correctional Facility, Dazzle always dreamed of living life free from the bars and cells. But as time passed, his dream faded and he believed he was destined to live forever in this jail. Dazzle was soon presented with an opportunity, when he learned that he and two prisoners would be released into the world to explore and thrive. Could he keep the prisoners out of trouble and live out his destiny? Life wouldn't be easy but he had to try. Dragon 3: Lightouch [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49222329] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/492224/49222329_350.png[/img] [/url] Lightouch, a troublemaker and petty criminal, spent his life in and out of prison for crimes that he "never" committed. He always had an excuse for why his prints were there or why his alibis never checked out but somehow he always got "blamed" for them anyway. Did Lightouch just have the worst luck in the world or was he truly guilty of these crimes? It doesn't matter now that he's being released on this expedition with another prisoner and the "prodigal child".
Let's Meet The Crew!!!!

Dragon 1: CeylonTea

44755987_350.png

After escaping a life of heartache and despair, CeylonTea finally left her home. Her children were abandoned and most were never named and this was heartwrenching for the poor skydancer. CeylonTea wandered until she came across Sornieth Correctional Facility where she was placed after a life of crime landed her there. But soon she and two other inmates would be released to start a new life in the world.

Dragon 2: DazzleCloud

48991761_350.png

Born at Sornieth Correctional Facility, Dazzle always dreamed of living life free from the bars and cells. But as time passed, his dream faded and he believed he was destined to live forever in this jail. Dazzle was soon presented with an opportunity, when he learned that he and two prisoners would be released into the world to explore and thrive. Could he keep the prisoners out of trouble and live out his destiny? Life wouldn't be easy but he had to try.

Dragon 3: Lightouch

49222329_350.png

Lightouch, a troublemaker and petty criminal, spent his life in and out of prison for crimes that he "never" committed. He always had an excuse for why his prints were there or why his alibis never checked out but somehow he always got "blamed" for them anyway. Did Lightouch just have the worst luck in the world or was he truly guilty of these crimes? It doesn't matter now that he's being released on this expedition with another prisoner and the "prodigal child".
bEvLAND.png
[center][b]Day 1:[/b][/center] [center][item= sanded ash plank][/center] [center]LORE DAY!!!![/center] Sornieth Correctional Facility was abuzz with endless chatter as the dragons nervously prepared for what this day would hold in store. DazzleCloud was taking two prisoners on an adventure to prepare them for the real world and their choices would be dictated by a wise old guru named Pinkerton who gifted them things to guide their quest. DazzleCloud, CeylonTea, and Lightouch packed their bags and headed off in hopes of making Stormcatcher proud. They first headed east until they came upon a river where they quickly set up camp. This was Dazzle's first time outside the prison walls and he was excited. Once they made their camp, they checked the post where Pinkerton would deliver his items. The first item was already there waiting for them and it would come in handy to build their new camp. He had provided them with Sanded ash planks which they could use for building the new structures. They loaded the planks on Lightouch's back and headed back to use them. It would be exciting to see how this new life would go, the dragons that would join them, and the adventures and battles they would see. Once the basic structures were constructed, DazzleCloud, Lightouch, and CeylonTea set up their sleeping areas and built a campfire. They all sat around it telling stories of their lives and the crimes they committed and Dazzlecloud was amazed at what life sounded like outside of the prison. He was happy he was here with them and determined to keep them all on the straight and narrow path through life. After awhile, they all headed to bed to prepare for the next day!
Day 1:
Sanded Ash Plank
LORE DAY!!!!

Sornieth Correctional Facility was abuzz with endless chatter as the dragons nervously prepared for what this day would hold in store. DazzleCloud was taking two prisoners on an adventure to prepare them for the real world and their choices would be dictated by a wise old guru named Pinkerton who gifted them things to guide their quest. DazzleCloud, CeylonTea, and Lightouch packed their bags and headed off in hopes of making Stormcatcher proud. They first headed east until they came upon a river where they quickly set up camp. This was Dazzle's first time outside the prison walls and he was excited.

Once they made their camp, they checked the post where Pinkerton would deliver his items. The first item was already there waiting for them and it would come in handy to build their new camp. He had provided them with Sanded ash planks which they could use for building the new structures. They loaded the planks on Lightouch's back and headed back to use them. It would be exciting to see how this new life would go, the dragons that would join them, and the adventures and battles they would see.

Once the basic structures were constructed, DazzleCloud, Lightouch, and CeylonTea set up their sleeping areas and built a campfire. They all sat around it telling stories of their lives and the crimes they committed and Dazzlecloud was amazed at what life sounded like outside of the prison. He was happy he was here with them and determined to keep them all on the straight and narrow path through life. After awhile, they all headed to bed to prepare for the next day!
bEvLAND.png
@CuddlyHippo Ooooooh, this looks really interesting! I'd love to be on the pinglist if you've got one. Also I'm super flattered that my Pinkerlocke inspired you to do one of your own. :D
@CuddlyHippo Ooooooh, this looks really interesting! I'd love to be on the pinglist if you've got one. Also I'm super flattered that my Pinkerlocke inspired you to do one of your own. :D
Please copy-paste my username (@LingwysticMistic) if you ping me!
( No need to ping in Forum Games )
@LingwysticMistic [center][b]DAY TWO:[/b][/center] [center]LORE DAY Round TWO!!!![/center] [center][item=Azure Yuccarope][/center] As the sun arose, Dazzlecloud, CeylonTea, and Lightouch awoke to birds chirping and bright sunshine. It was a beautiful day in their camp and they quickly worked on cleaning tasks before CeylonTea and Lightouch went out to gather insects for breakfast. It was the one type of food they all could agree on. CeylonTea reached the high treetops while Lightouch got every fat juicy bug from the ground. When they returned to camp, Dazzlecloud had the table prepared and he prepared the food for them. They all sat down for a great breakfast and continued to get the camp set up. This would be their new home for awhile so they worked on providing comfort and necessities. Dazzlecloud missed his parents back at the prison but this was what he always dreamed for...RIGHT???? CeylonTea and Lightouch talked about their crimes and their lives and when the cold wind blowed, CeylonTea snuggled in with Lightouch, who was unsure what to make of the foreign contact. But it wasn't so bad, so he allowed it to continue. He never had any real friends or mates but CeylonTea wasn't so bad, if he did admit. He still needed to find his life goal: his charge and he started to believe that his charge was possibly CeylonTea. EDIT: I bonded with their familiars and Dazzlecloud also received a piece of apparel from the chest we got so here he is, sporting his new look: [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/489918/48991761_350.png[/img]
@LingwysticMistic
DAY TWO:
LORE DAY Round TWO!!!!
Azure Yuccarope

As the sun arose, Dazzlecloud, CeylonTea, and Lightouch awoke to birds chirping and bright sunshine. It was a beautiful day in their camp and they quickly worked on cleaning tasks before CeylonTea and Lightouch went out to gather insects for breakfast. It was the one type of food they all could agree on. CeylonTea reached the high treetops while Lightouch got every fat juicy bug from the ground.

When they returned to camp, Dazzlecloud had the table prepared and he prepared the food for them. They all sat down for a great breakfast and continued to get the camp set up. This would be their new home for awhile so they worked on providing comfort and necessities. Dazzlecloud missed his parents back at the prison but this was what he always dreamed for...RIGHT????

CeylonTea and Lightouch talked about their crimes and their lives and when the cold wind blowed, CeylonTea snuggled in with Lightouch, who was unsure what to make of the foreign contact. But it wasn't so bad, so he allowed it to continue. He never had any real friends or mates but CeylonTea wasn't so bad, if he did admit. He still needed to find his life goal: his charge and he started to believe that his charge was possibly CeylonTea.

EDIT: I bonded with their familiars and Dazzlecloud also received a piece of apparel from the chest we got so here he is, sporting his new look:
48991761_350.png
bEvLAND.png
@LingwysticMistic thanks for taking interest in my pinkerlocke. I have added you to my newly created pinglist. So far nothing interesting, just lore days!
@LingwysticMistic thanks for taking interest in my pinkerlocke. I have added you to my newly created pinglist. So far nothing interesting, just lore days!
bEvLAND.png
[center][b]DAY THREE:[/b][/center] [center]LORE DAY ROUND THREE!!!![/center] [center][item=ebon-edged spear][/center] Things have been pretty quiet around camp but today had a sense of being different. Dazzlecloud, Lightouch, and CeylonTea were all restless and wished for some action but nobody dared say it aloud. They hunted for insects and gathered enough for the next few days and cleaned up their camp. Dazzlecloud and Lightouch worked on building a gym for them to work out in and train for battle. CeylonTea worked on preparing food and she did most of the chores around camp. She brought the guys refreshments and helped them where she could. The camp was starting to feel like home and all three of them were starting to like it here. But hopefully soon, things would get more exciting. Dazzlecloud went and checked the mail post, anxious to see what Pinkerton would send today to help the newly founded clan. Yesterday he had provided rope which they used to tie their clan's flag to the trees so that it could be displayed proudly. CeylonTea had designed it, she was very artsy and creative. Each of them had their own unique skills and traits and they would all come in handy as time went on. CeylonTea was artsy, creative, and good at baking/cooking. Lightouch was good at carpentry, mechanical work, and was great with his hands/paws. Dazzlecloud had the brains of the group and was awesome with his knowledge of edible plants,bugs, and animals. He also was good at fire-making and drawing blueprints. Let's see how these skills will fair for the group as time goes on. @LingwysticMistic
DAY THREE:
LORE DAY ROUND THREE!!!!

Ebon-Edged Spear

Things have been pretty quiet around camp but today had a sense of being different. Dazzlecloud, Lightouch, and CeylonTea were all restless and wished for some action but nobody dared say it aloud. They hunted for insects and gathered enough for the next few days and cleaned up their camp. Dazzlecloud and Lightouch worked on building a gym for them to work out in and train for battle. CeylonTea worked on preparing food and she did most of the chores around camp. She brought the guys refreshments and helped them where she could. The camp was starting to feel like home and all three of them were starting to like it here. But hopefully soon, things would get more exciting.

Dazzlecloud went and checked the mail post, anxious to see what Pinkerton would send today to help the newly founded clan. Yesterday he had provided rope which they used to tie their clan's flag to the trees so that it could be displayed proudly. CeylonTea had designed it, she was very artsy and creative. Each of them had their own unique skills and traits and they would all come in handy as time went on. CeylonTea was artsy, creative, and good at baking/cooking. Lightouch was good at carpentry, mechanical work, and was great with his hands/paws. Dazzlecloud had the brains of the group and was awesome with his knowledge of edible plants,bugs, and animals. He also was good at fire-making and drawing blueprints. Let's see how these skills will fair for the group as time goes on.

@LingwysticMistic
bEvLAND.png
[center][b]DAY FOUR:[/b][/center] [center]OH NO!!! DEATHSTREAK!!!![/center] @LingwysticMistic [center][item=Scholar][/center] Dazzlecloud: 1 CeylonTea: 3 Lightouch: 1 Today the three woke up and things seemed different in camp. There was a strange buzz in the air and a heavy fog seemed to fall over everything. The three clan mates headed to the mail post together where they found a strange stone there. It seemed to have mystical and magical powers and seemed to draw them near. It wouldn't help any of them yet but eventually this stone could be powerful for them. Lightouch grabbed the stone and hoisted it onto his back to take it back to camp. They weren't sure what they were to do with it until then but for now, they could store it. When they returned to camp, their stuff was scattered everywhere and there were strange creatures everywhere. Lightouch began fighting with the large creatures, Dazzlecloud fought with the medium sized creatures, and CeylonTea fought with the small creatures and worked on getting the camp back in order. After a few hours the three had completely freed their camp from the grasp of these strange beasts and things were back in order. For awhile, the beasts looked like they would win and the dragons thought they were going to be goners but their luck prevailed. When things were finally put back in order, Lightouch, Dazzlecloud, and CeylonTea cleaned their wounds and bandaged themselves up. Dazzlecloud had never dealt with fighting but he learned quickly from Lightouch and CeylonTea who had years of criminal activity. They were going to have to get tougher if they wanted to succeed in the world and manage to survive. Hopefully soon they could try fighting the beastclans and maybe gain strength to be better fighters. Hopefully, this would be the last attack on their clan and things would be peaceful from here on out. __________________________________________________________________ YAY!!! First DeathStreak and every member has survived!!!
DAY FOUR:
OH NO!!! DEATHSTREAK!!!!

@LingwysticMistic
Scholar

Dazzlecloud: 1
CeylonTea: 3
Lightouch: 1

Today the three woke up and things seemed different in camp. There was a strange buzz in the air and a heavy fog seemed to fall over everything. The three clan mates headed to the mail post together where they found a strange stone there. It seemed to have mystical and magical powers and seemed to draw them near. It wouldn't help any of them yet but eventually this stone could be powerful for them.

Lightouch grabbed the stone and hoisted it onto his back to take it back to camp. They weren't sure what they were to do with it until then but for now, they could store it. When they returned to camp, their stuff was scattered everywhere and there were strange creatures everywhere. Lightouch began fighting with the large creatures, Dazzlecloud fought with the medium sized creatures, and CeylonTea fought with the small creatures and worked on getting the camp back in order. After a few hours the three had completely freed their camp from the grasp of these strange beasts and things were back in order. For awhile, the beasts looked like they would win and the dragons thought they were going to be goners but their luck prevailed.

When things were finally put back in order, Lightouch, Dazzlecloud, and CeylonTea cleaned their wounds and bandaged themselves up. Dazzlecloud had never dealt with fighting but he learned quickly from Lightouch and CeylonTea who had years of criminal activity. They were going to have to get tougher if they wanted to succeed in the world and manage to survive. Hopefully soon they could try fighting the beastclans and maybe gain strength to be better fighters. Hopefully, this would be the last attack on their clan and things would be peaceful from here on out.

YAY!!! First DeathStreak and every member has survived!!!
bEvLAND.png
@LingwysticMistic _____________________________________________________________________ [center][b]DAY FIVE!!![/b][/center] [center]Breeding/Dressup/Skin/Accent Day[/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/equipment/21292.png[/img][/center] Dazzlecloud, Lightouch, and CeylonTea arise nice and early, eager to see what the day (and Pinkerton) has in store for them. They make themselves a nice breakfast of Daddy Longleggers and hike out to the mail post. When they arrive, they notice that Pinkerton has given them a weird set of frilly yellow and blue apparel. None of them are eager to wear it but they know one of them must. Pinkerton's rules about days like today are that if they are ready, they can breed. They look at each other and it is still too early for all of them yet so they move on to option 2 which is getting a gene for those who aren't triple-gened. They are all triple-gened so they move to option 3 which is getting a random skin or accent. Now you may ask how they will come by this and the answer is that the headmaster of the prison occasionally shares in the main clan's wealth and good fortune with the travelling trio so she has sent one over. Lightouch is the lucky wearer of the new skin since he is the only one that the former clan had an accent for. According to RNG, the new apparel will be worn by Lightouch (poor guy!!!) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/547421243863990283/547421658538049539/49222329_350.png[/img] When they all head back to camp, Dazzlecloud and CeylonTea snicker over Lightouch's new look but quickly stop when they feel his heavy tail slap the backs of their heads. They both are glad that they weren't forced to wear the lovely waist frill but they kind of pity the big guy. He's certainly looking very "Pretty" lately! What else can be in store for this VERY LUCKY trio? _________________________________________________________________________ *Note: This is 5 days in row where Pinkerton has not given me ANY time in the Coli and we have only had one deathstreak but everyone survived. What is Pinkerton planning?*
@LingwysticMistic

Dazzlecloud, Lightouch, and CeylonTea arise nice and early, eager to see what the day (and Pinkerton) has in store for them. They make themselves a nice breakfast of Daddy Longleggers and hike out to the mail post. When they arrive, they notice that Pinkerton has given them a weird set of frilly yellow and blue apparel. None of them are eager to wear it but they know one of them must. Pinkerton's rules about days like today are that if they are ready, they can breed. They look at each other and it is still too early for all of them yet so they move on to option 2 which is getting a gene for those who aren't triple-gened. They are all triple-gened so they move to option 3 which is getting a random skin or accent. Now you may ask how they will come by this and the answer is that the headmaster of the prison occasionally shares in the main clan's wealth and good fortune with the travelling trio so she has sent one over.

Lightouch is the lucky wearer of the new skin since he is the only one that the former clan had an accent for.

According to RNG, the new apparel will be worn by Lightouch (poor guy!!!)

49222329_350.png

When they all head back to camp, Dazzlecloud and CeylonTea snicker over Lightouch's new look but quickly stop when they feel his heavy tail slap the backs of their heads. They both are glad that they weren't forced to wear the lovely waist frill but they kind of pity the big guy. He's certainly looking very "Pretty" lately! What else can be in store for this VERY LUCKY trio?

*Note: This is 5 days in row where Pinkerton has not given me ANY time in the Coli and we have only had one deathstreak but everyone survived. What is Pinkerton planning?*
bEvLAND.png
1 2 3 4