Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Luck of the Draw'gon || Pinkerlocke
Still waiting for things to start up, since the cheapest dragons available were all hatchlings woof,,, this thread is a WIP in general as I wait for the dragons to grow on up.

Luck of the Draw'gon
A Pinkerlocke Challenge
characters | pinglist & field notes | summary & ToC

I've wanted to do a challenge for a while, and well, the truth is that I simply don't have the lair space for it but REGARDLESS I am impatient and I want to do it anyway. This one sounds a bit less nitpicky/detail-oriented than the one I tried before, so I think I'll mesh better with it? Here's hoping; I also just want to push myself to write, draw, and Coli more so this is kind of ideal.

I am following the rules of the Pinkerlocke as listed in the main thread, with some additional little ones for myself.

Additional Rules
  • When buying new dragons, if there are multiple dragons at the same price, use a random generator to pick one. Only count the first page; you don't need to go back through four pages of dragons at 4k treasure if that happens to be what's on the AH at the time.
  • Until I get one dragon over level 5, I will be using the Coli Easymode rules. After, and for as long as I have at least one level 5 dragon, I will be using Hardmode.
  • Dragons are eligible for Gene Scrolls at the following levels: Level 10 = Primary, level 15 = Secondary, level 20 = Tertiary.
  • When a Coliseum death occurs, flip two coin. If two heads, the dragon lives but can no longer fight- however, they are still eligible to be chosen for coli teams. This dragon is never allowed to attack. Otherwise, the death occurs.

I also hope to use it to help raise money, both for this and for other, non-challenge related things on here.

This thread is to write down events and just kind of keep it organized somewhere that's a little better to look at then a mile-long dragon bio.

Wish me luck??
Still waiting for things to start up, since the cheapest dragons available were all hatchlings woof,,, this thread is a WIP in general as I wait for the dragons to grow on up.

Luck of the Draw'gon
A Pinkerlocke Challenge
characters | pinglist & field notes | summary & ToC

I've wanted to do a challenge for a while, and well, the truth is that I simply don't have the lair space for it but REGARDLESS I am impatient and I want to do it anyway. This one sounds a bit less nitpicky/detail-oriented than the one I tried before, so I think I'll mesh better with it? Here's hoping; I also just want to push myself to write, draw, and Coli more so this is kind of ideal.

I am following the rules of the Pinkerlocke as listed in the main thread, with some additional little ones for myself.

Additional Rules
  • When buying new dragons, if there are multiple dragons at the same price, use a random generator to pick one. Only count the first page; you don't need to go back through four pages of dragons at 4k treasure if that happens to be what's on the AH at the time.
  • Until I get one dragon over level 5, I will be using the Coli Easymode rules. After, and for as long as I have at least one level 5 dragon, I will be using Hardmode.
  • Dragons are eligible for Gene Scrolls at the following levels: Level 10 = Primary, level 15 = Secondary, level 20 = Tertiary.
  • When a Coliseum death occurs, flip two coin. If two heads, the dragon lives but can no longer fight- however, they are still eligible to be chosen for coli teams. This dragon is never allowed to attack. Otherwise, the death occurs.

I also hope to use it to help raise money, both for this and for other, non-challenge related things on here.

This thread is to write down events and just kind of keep it organized somewhere that's a little better to look at then a mile-long dragon bio.

Wish me luck??
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
YMPbu9R.png transcatcher.png
[center][size=5]Characters[/size] ----- [size=2][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2607821/1#post_2607821]introduction[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2607821/1#post_37143932]pinglist & field notes[/url] | [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2607821/1#post_37143951]summary & ToC[/url][/size][/center] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48353782] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483538/48353782_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Fennel[/b] the Pearlcatcher emerged from his pod first, spending half of a day alone and poking curiously at his young shipmates. Being the first to awaken, he naturally and insistently took on the leadership role. Though in a traditional environment his coloration would make him stand out sorely, in the odd neon lights of the shuttle he seems to be right at home. His belly scales seem to have been modified through some process; the thick plating is transparent, showing off a noxious-looking fluid trapped between the outer fibres of each individual plate. For ease of travel, he carries his pearl on his back, secured in a pack meant for carrying food or supplies. [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48375953] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483760/48375953_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]N'inle[/b] the Skydancer was the last to emerge, but the first to get bored. She's a bit of a brat, with a weirdly entitled attitude for someone who couldn't be bothered to get out of a pod even as warning alarms were going off in the ship. To her credit, her shimmery leather-like skin and fuzzy throat make it hard to lose track of her, and the runes on her body emit a faint glow in the dark, excellent for helping navigate int he collapsed corridors. [/columns] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48363608] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/483637/48363608_350.png[/img] [/url][nextcol][b]Dewnose[/b] the Snapper emerged between N'inle and Fennel. Though she has a keen mind, her stubby stature and total inability to fly often puts her at the back of the group in more ways than one. She's the least impulsive of the three, but not convicted enough to lead. She quickly made her morbid sense of humor apparent, perhaps related to those blood-red eyes of hers. [/columns]

48353782_350.png
Fennel the Pearlcatcher emerged from his pod first, spending half of a day alone and poking curiously at his young shipmates. Being the first to awaken, he naturally and insistently took on the leadership role. Though in a traditional environment his coloration would make him stand out sorely, in the odd neon lights of the shuttle he seems to be right at home. His belly scales seem to have been modified through some process; the thick plating is transparent, showing off a noxious-looking fluid trapped between the outer fibres of each individual plate. For ease of travel, he carries his pearl on his back, secured in a pack meant for carrying food or supplies.

48375953_350.png
N'inle the Skydancer was the last to emerge, but the first to get bored. She's a bit of a brat, with a weirdly entitled attitude for someone who couldn't be bothered to get out of a pod even as warning alarms were going off in the ship. To her credit, her shimmery leather-like skin and fuzzy throat make it hard to lose track of her, and the runes on her body emit a faint glow in the dark, excellent for helping navigate int he collapsed corridors.

48363608_350.png
Dewnose the Snapper emerged between N'inle and Fennel. Though she has a keen mind, her stubby stature and total inability to fly often puts her at the back of the group in more ways than one. She's the least impulsive of the three, but not convicted enough to lead. She quickly made her morbid sense of humor apparent, perhaps related to those blood-red eyes of hers.
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
introduction | characters | summary & ToC
Ping List
@/name

Field Notes
Please let me know if you see a typo anywhere!
introduction | characters | summary & ToC
Ping List
@/name

Field Notes
Please let me know if you see a typo anywhere!
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
introduction | characters | pinglist & field notes
Summary
In the vastness of space, above a habitable planet, an interplanetary-capable vessel is suffering from a failing engine and a total collapse of crew. Not a soul seems to be alive on-board, left without any trace aside from the red alarm lights and the many askew items and half-finished notes. In the depths of the ship, three dragon whelps have freshly woken from their sleeping pods. They know not why they were held there, nor where they will land, only that according to the big flashing number they only have five days to wait to find out.

Below them, a lush but utterly alien planet awaits...

Table of Contents
introduction | characters | pinglist & field notes
Summary
In the vastness of space, above a habitable planet, an interplanetary-capable vessel is suffering from a failing engine and a total collapse of crew. Not a soul seems to be alive on-board, left without any trace aside from the red alarm lights and the many askew items and half-finished notes. In the depths of the ship, three dragon whelps have freshly woken from their sleeping pods. They know not why they were held there, nor where they will land, only that according to the big flashing number they only have five days to wait to find out.

Below them, a lush but utterly alien planet awaits...

Table of Contents
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
Day 0: Satellite
PoV: ?

The pearlcatcher hummed and hawed at the large display on the wall. There was a number, big but always counting down, and he couldn't place his claws on what the significance could be. His first instinct was thought it couldn't be good- after all, when you count down your snacks, it's not great when you reach zero- but he had to admit that sometimes counting down did lead to good things, like birthdays and some other things he'd been spending his time reading about. The heavy door behind him was locked anyway, so it wasn't like he had much else to do.

Around him, the compact, rounded room that had seemed so large when he first woke was starting to feel a little cramped after not only his own growth spurts, but those of his companions. It was a wonder they weren't out of rations yet; of the many buttons in the room, only two seemed to work. The square one with the green line of light around it and a bamboo-like chute next to it dropped down large, cube-shaped 'DRAGONUTRICUBE's, which were not nearly as tasty as they were colorful but they kept him full for so long he didn't have to eat them too often. The other button was just a step to the left of that one, which claimed to 'condense exhaled H2O' back into water, whatever that meant; sure enough, though, when pressed the two hemisphere apertures would come together and make a high pitch buzz before lifting the top to reveal a nice bowl of cold water.

"Hey book... guy!" a sharp voice squeaked directly in his ear, drawing him completely and utterly out of a riveting edition of Years 'n Gears: The Shape of The Gear Over Millennia. Rustling his aching ear lobes, the pearlcatcher craned his neck around to stare snout-to-snout at N'inle.

"Whadda you want, Nin?" Fennel grumbled, tossing his book aside and rolling to his feet. The shimmering skydancer flicked her head in the direction of their snapper friend, beckoning him to follow. Silence wasn't her usual shtick- was this actually serious? "Okay, what's up then? This better not be another 'who can count the highest' contest because I already won," he added on as he paused in front of the two younger dragons, but even before he finished speaking he noticed Dewnose shaking her head.

"Fennel," she whispered, her voice full of wonder and a little fear, "I don't think ships get earthquakes, but one's started up." Fennel cocked his head, his brows creasing in confusion until a tremor shook through the floor and up his whiskers. Was the ship landing? And where?

Taking action, Fennel ushered the three of them back towards their pods, ignoring N'inle's protesting squabbles. "Just hold onto something, I don't think this'll be an easy landing," his warning was drowned out partway through by a trumpeting alarm as the red lights blinked faster.
Day 0: Satellite
PoV: ?

The pearlcatcher hummed and hawed at the large display on the wall. There was a number, big but always counting down, and he couldn't place his claws on what the significance could be. His first instinct was thought it couldn't be good- after all, when you count down your snacks, it's not great when you reach zero- but he had to admit that sometimes counting down did lead to good things, like birthdays and some other things he'd been spending his time reading about. The heavy door behind him was locked anyway, so it wasn't like he had much else to do.

Around him, the compact, rounded room that had seemed so large when he first woke was starting to feel a little cramped after not only his own growth spurts, but those of his companions. It was a wonder they weren't out of rations yet; of the many buttons in the room, only two seemed to work. The square one with the green line of light around it and a bamboo-like chute next to it dropped down large, cube-shaped 'DRAGONUTRICUBE's, which were not nearly as tasty as they were colorful but they kept him full for so long he didn't have to eat them too often. The other button was just a step to the left of that one, which claimed to 'condense exhaled H2O' back into water, whatever that meant; sure enough, though, when pressed the two hemisphere apertures would come together and make a high pitch buzz before lifting the top to reveal a nice bowl of cold water.

"Hey book... guy!" a sharp voice squeaked directly in his ear, drawing him completely and utterly out of a riveting edition of Years 'n Gears: The Shape of The Gear Over Millennia. Rustling his aching ear lobes, the pearlcatcher craned his neck around to stare snout-to-snout at N'inle.

"Whadda you want, Nin?" Fennel grumbled, tossing his book aside and rolling to his feet. The shimmering skydancer flicked her head in the direction of their snapper friend, beckoning him to follow. Silence wasn't her usual shtick- was this actually serious? "Okay, what's up then? This better not be another 'who can count the highest' contest because I already won," he added on as he paused in front of the two younger dragons, but even before he finished speaking he noticed Dewnose shaking her head.

"Fennel," she whispered, her voice full of wonder and a little fear, "I don't think ships get earthquakes, but one's started up." Fennel cocked his head, his brows creasing in confusion until a tremor shook through the floor and up his whiskers. Was the ship landing? And where?

Taking action, Fennel ushered the three of them back towards their pods, ignoring N'inle's protesting squabbles. "Just hold onto something, I don't think this'll be an easy landing," his warning was drowned out partway through by a trumpeting alarm as the red lights blinked faster.
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
[center][item=raptor effigy] [b]Day 1:: Oh, Green World[/b] [Rolled TRINKET :: Result: Art!] -----[/center] [indent][color=transparent]=====[/color]Fennel cupped his head in his claws, groaning as he pushed himself up with the palms of his wings. What just happened...? His magenta eyes opened to find the pod room in shambles and the ship's walls cracked apart like an egg, scaffolding and sheets of metal jutting out at odd angles. The green pearlcatcher reached a tentative foot forward, hissing with fright for split second as his heels slipped forward just slightly. All around him, glass from the computer system monitors and the pods themselves was strewn about the floor, glinting in the light. [color=transparent]=====[/color]The light! It was a new sort, one he hadn't experienced yet in his short life up to this point; it was neither red nor green, it didn't flicker or blink at him. With some effort and a few flaps of his underdeveloped wings, he managed to claw onto a folded piece of the ship's hull that peeled outward, blinking against the bright, warm light. "Sunlight..." the pearlcatcher was enchanted by the natural heat source, reveling in the gentle touch of the sun's rays on his cheek. Below, the ground was coated in a layer of soft green grass, stretching as far as he could see, only broken up by grey stones and distant hints of a forest so far away it was too fuzzy to be sure. If he craned his neck out towards his left, he could see a deep scar in the earth where the ship's crash landing had bored into the grasses and stones until it has finally ground to a halt. More odd than anything else, though, was the ornate little statue in front of him. Before he could hop down to look closer, his ears swiveled back instinctively at the sound of movement behind him. [color=transparent]=====[/color]"Hey! Get down offa there!" Fennel sighed softly through his nose, raising his head to look both backwards and upside-down at N'inle, sticking his tongue out. [color=transparent]=====[/color]"Make m-" he began to warble back with a cheeky grin, but was cut off with a yelp when he felt a beak-like jaw clamp around his tail-tip. "That hurts!" Fennel whipped around, glaring indignantly at the snapper directly below him while he clung to the smooth surface with all his might, refusing to slide down only because he'd have to get closer to her. "Anyway, if you two can stop being so lazy, there's something really cool outside, so hurry up," he tossed over his shoulder, turning and leaping off of the ship with a few frantic wing flaps to steady his course and break the air a little. [color=transparent]=====[/color]He landed roughly, crouching with the impact, but didn't stand up just yet- the grass was so soft against his skin, completely unlike the metal floors, and even unlike the stretched fabric sheets they'd all slept on. Behind him, he could hear N'inle and Dewnose figuring out the logistics of how to get a dragon that can't climb or fly out of the ship- based on the frantic rustling of feathers, N'inle thought lifting might work somehow- but his eyes remained fixed on the odd statue he'd spotted before. [center][img]https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/intermediary/f/6172979a-2066-4216-b4a7-d0411bfd74b5/dcx1ay3-694df023-9fb2-4b4f-adca-323c6e4d9cd6.png[/img][/center] [color=transparent]=====[/color]It was shaped like one of the creatures he'd seen in the dozens of books he'd skimmed through on the flight here, some sort of bird or another. If he had to guess, it seemed to be a vulture, forged from a reflective metal that alternated between a color somewhere between silver and gold, and purple. It was obviously constructed, but by who..? [/indent]
Raptor Effigy
Day 1:: Oh, Green World
[Rolled TRINKET :: Result: Art!]
=====Fennel cupped his head in his claws, groaning as he pushed himself up with the palms of his wings. What just happened...? His magenta eyes opened to find the pod room in shambles and the ship's walls cracked apart like an egg, scaffolding and sheets of metal jutting out at odd angles. The green pearlcatcher reached a tentative foot forward, hissing with fright for split second as his heels slipped forward just slightly. All around him, glass from the computer system monitors and the pods themselves was strewn about the floor, glinting in the light.

=====The light! It was a new sort, one he hadn't experienced yet in his short life up to this point; it was neither red nor green, it didn't flicker or blink at him. With some effort and a few flaps of his underdeveloped wings, he managed to claw onto a folded piece of the ship's hull that peeled outward, blinking against the bright, warm light. "Sunlight..." the pearlcatcher was enchanted by the natural heat source, reveling in the gentle touch of the sun's rays on his cheek. Below, the ground was coated in a layer of soft green grass, stretching as far as he could see, only broken up by grey stones and distant hints of a forest so far away it was too fuzzy to be sure. If he craned his neck out towards his left, he could see a deep scar in the earth where the ship's crash landing had bored into the grasses and stones until it has finally ground to a halt. More odd than anything else, though, was the ornate little statue in front of him. Before he could hop down to look closer, his ears swiveled back instinctively at the sound of movement behind him.

====="Hey! Get down offa there!" Fennel sighed softly through his nose, raising his head to look both backwards and upside-down at N'inle, sticking his tongue out.

====="Make m-" he began to warble back with a cheeky grin, but was cut off with a yelp when he felt a beak-like jaw clamp around his tail-tip. "That hurts!" Fennel whipped around, glaring indignantly at the snapper directly below him while he clung to the smooth surface with all his might, refusing to slide down only because he'd have to get closer to her. "Anyway, if you two can stop being so lazy, there's something really cool outside, so hurry up," he tossed over his shoulder, turning and leaping off of the ship with a few frantic wing flaps to steady his course and break the air a little.

=====He landed roughly, crouching with the impact, but didn't stand up just yet- the grass was so soft against his skin, completely unlike the metal floors, and even unlike the stretched fabric sheets they'd all slept on. Behind him, he could hear N'inle and Dewnose figuring out the logistics of how to get a dragon that can't climb or fly out of the ship- based on the frantic rustling of feathers, N'inle thought lifting might work somehow- but his eyes remained fixed on the odd statue he'd spotted before.
dcx1ay3-694df023-9fb2-4b4f-adca-323c6e4d9cd6.png
=====It was shaped like one of the creatures he'd seen in the dozens of books he'd skimmed through on the flight here, some sort of bird or another. If he had to guess, it seemed to be a vulture, forged from a reflective metal that alternated between a color somewhere between silver and gold, and purple. It was obviously constructed, but by who..?
iuEBSJ3.png
Ljw7JvQ.png
o7ZCFYm.png
CTuU1r6.png oaolHwW.png
oNrZjs5.png
gYW0j5f.png
Could you please add me to the pinglist? This is so interesting!
Could you please add me to the pinglist? This is so interesting!
tumblr_inline_n6kdviAEBO1qlye38.gif cqu2HKA.png H9klr6C.png tumblr_ozby7yUUVB1w8xkufo7_250.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdviAEBO1qlye38.gif