Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | kieta's legacy of war
This is a WIP that really will look nice at some point! I had idled off the game and this challenge made me return. :) Using [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2044950/1#post_2044950]Dreamnorn's Legacy of War Challenge rules.[/url] [quote=The Base Rules] 1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon! [/quote] [quote=Optional Rules In Use] [b]The Chosen One: [/b]If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.
This is a WIP that really will look nice at some point! I had idled off the game and this challenge made me return. :)

Using Dreamnorn's Legacy of War Challenge rules.
The Base Rules wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!
Optional Rules In Use wrote:
The Chosen One: If you bought a mate that has a rare breed (Coatl or Wildclaw) and/or any number of gem genes, it's unlikely that those traits will pass down even if your current heir has a limited breed or gene in their corresponding slots. If such a dragon is born against all odds, they are declared "the chosen one" for that generation and are automatically made heir, regardless of whether or not you prefer their siblings (for any reason) over them.
While I have an egg in my hoard, I'm planning to exalt the previous generations for space -- after all, they're leaving a legacy behind! -- so I'm not using a G1. Instead, here is our lineage founder, Eluya: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44271169] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/442712/44271169_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The tailring is going to get moved to the new heir of each generation, but my other nice piece of apparel in my meager collection is all hers. :) ----- And off the AH for 7k (Eluya was 10k, I felt like being gracious and expensive), her new mate who came ready-named as Arcade: [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44492524] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/444926/44492524_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] She is RTB but he is not; they're due to breed on 9/5. [size=1]@kieta for keeping track[/size]
While I have an egg in my hoard, I'm planning to exalt the previous generations for space -- after all, they're leaving a legacy behind! -- so I'm not using a G1.

Instead, here is our lineage founder, Eluya:
The tailring is going to get moved to the new heir of each generation, but my other nice piece of apparel in my meager collection is all hers. :)

And off the AH for 7k (Eluya was 10k, I felt like being gracious and expensive), her new mate who came ready-named as Arcade:
She is RTB but he is not; they're due to breed on 9/5.

@kieta for keeping track
I lost track of time, but here's the update with the first nest! [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/3/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center]
I lost track of time, but here's the update with the first nest!
3healthy_0dead.png