Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BBash] Alchemical Cookin'-Judging!
1 2 3 4 5
friendly bump for y'all <3
friendly bump for y'all <3
look_at_dem_Leggs_bg.gif 2PgeVQK.png AXgbdLB.gif look_at_dem_Leggs_bg_alt.gif
@Moon314 Pinging myself so I can do this later!
@Moon314 Pinging myself so I can do this later!
CXfN6hb.png
Now that the weekend's started I hope to see some more entries! Either that or our lone entrant is going to go home a very very happy contestant :3
Now that the weekend's started I hope to see some more entries! Either that or our lone entrant is going to go home a very very happy contestant :3
tumblr_ntxrqoqrD01sk2f1lo1_500.png
Come on everyone, let's see some yummy creations!
Come on everyone, let's see some yummy creations!
Gsc8y3C.png
Just a reminder that even though the Bash technically ends today, we're accepting entries through tomorrow as well!
Just a reminder that even though the Bash technically ends today, we're accepting entries through tomorrow as well!
Finally got around to doing this! \o/ [b]Entrant Name:[/b] Moon314 [b]Name of Entry:[/b] Apple Crisp/Pie with Yogurt Topping [b]Recipe and Description:[/b] Note: This is a “pie-style” crisp, meaning that the crust and top are basically equivalent to crisp topping. It is a crisp made in the style of a pie. Crust -1 1/3 cups rolled oats -1/3 cup whole-wheat flour -1/4 cup white sugar -1 tsp cinnamon -1/4 tsp salt -1/2 tsp vanilla extract -drop of honey -1 stick butter Put all dry crust ingredients in a bowl. Mix with hands. Melt the stick of butter and pour it over the dry ingredients. Stir it in. Pour in the vanilla, add a drop of honey, and stir again. The mixture should be clumped together, but not all in a giant blob. Take most of the mixture and press it into a 9- or 10-inch pie pan, creating a thicker crust. Set the extra aside to sprinkle on top. Filling -about 5 cups apple chunks/slices -1 lemon -1 heaping tsp cinnamon -sprinkle of allspice -sprinkle of ground nutmeg -sprinkle of ground cloves -3 tsp whole-wheat flour -1/4 cup white sugar -honey (enough to drizzle) -large spoonful plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage) Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the apple slices in a large bowl. Zest your lemon. Put about ½ of it in the bowl with the apples, and set the rest aside to use in the filling. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half over the apples. Set the other half aside for the filling. Sprinkle the spices over the apples and toss until well-coated. Add the flour and sugar and toss again. Drizzle honey over the apples, and add a large spoonful of Greek yogurt. Mix again. Fill your crust up with the apple mixture. Sprinkle the extra crust mixture over the top. Bake for 45 minutes or until the apples are soft. Serve with yogurt topping. Yogurt Topping -1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage) -lemon zest (left over from filling) -1/2 lemon (left over from filling) -sprinkle of cinnamon -sprinkle of allspice -sprinkle of ground nutmeg -sprinkle of ground cloves -small handful whole-wheat flour -1/8 cup honey (I just filled 1/4 cup halfway) Put yogurt in a small bowl. Add in the zest, juice, and honey and stir. Sprinkle in the spices and flour and stir again. Serve with apple crisp/pie. [b]Experimental dish?:[/b] This was my first time making anything like this! It actually turned out pretty well- the people who tried it liked the fact that it tasted like fresh apples. I had experience with making a crumble topping, which this crust was sort of similar to, but everything else was pretty new. The oven temperature, pan size, and baking time (and the ratio of crust mix to filling) were from a recipe, but I did the rest pretty much on my own, and the yogurt topping was entirely original. [b]Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included):[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/vn8ZaTj.jpg[/img] I don't know if this counts for the Cauldron category... I made all the components in bowls, but didn't cook it in one. If not, that's okay :) Edit: Typo and fixed image :) Edit again: Fixed measurements that weren't showing up Edit AGAIN: this post hates me
Finally got around to doing this! \o/

Entrant Name: Moon314
Name of Entry: Apple Crisp/Pie with Yogurt Topping
Recipe and Description:
Note: This is a “pie-style” crisp, meaning that the crust and top are basically equivalent to crisp topping. It is a crisp made in the style of a pie.

Crust
-1 1/3 cups rolled oats
-1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
-1/4 cup white sugar
-1 tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
-drop of honey
-1 stick butter

Put all dry crust ingredients in a bowl. Mix with hands. Melt the stick of butter and pour it over the dry ingredients. Stir it in. Pour in the vanilla, add a drop of honey, and stir again. The mixture should be clumped together, but not all in a giant blob.
Take most of the mixture and press it into a 9- or 10-inch pie pan, creating a thicker crust. Set the extra aside to sprinkle on top.

Filling
-about 5 cups apple chunks/slices
-1 lemon
-1 heaping tsp cinnamon
-sprinkle of allspice
-sprinkle of ground nutmeg
-sprinkle of ground cloves
-3 tsp whole-wheat flour
-1/4 cup white sugar
-honey (enough to drizzle)
-large spoonful plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage)

Preheat oven to 375°F. Place the apple slices in a large bowl. Zest your lemon. Put about ½ of it in the bowl with the apples, and set the rest aside to use in the filling. Cut the lemon in half and squeeze one half over the apples. Set the other half aside for the filling. Sprinkle the spices over the apples and toss until well-coated. Add the flour and sugar and toss again. Drizzle honey over the apples, and add a large spoonful of Greek yogurt. Mix again.
Fill your crust up with the apple mixture. Sprinkle the extra crust mixture over the top. Bake for 45 minutes or until the apples are soft. Serve with yogurt topping.

Yogurt Topping
-1 cup plain Greek yogurt (I used Fage)
-lemon zest (left over from filling)
-1/2 lemon (left over from filling)
-sprinkle of cinnamon
-sprinkle of allspice
-sprinkle of ground nutmeg
-sprinkle of ground cloves
-small handful whole-wheat flour
-1/8 cup honey (I just filled 1/4 cup halfway)

Put yogurt in a small bowl. Add in the zest, juice, and honey and stir. Sprinkle in the spices and flour and stir again. Serve with apple crisp/pie.

Experimental dish?: This was my first time making anything like this! It actually turned out pretty well- the people who tried it liked the fact that it tasted like fresh apples. I had experience with making a crumble topping, which this crust was sort of similar to, but everything else was pretty new. The oven temperature, pan size, and baking time (and the ratio of crust mix to filling) were from a recipe, but I did the rest pretty much on my own, and the yogurt topping was entirely original.
Picture of Finished Product (with name/ID included): vn8ZaTj.jpg

I don't know if this counts for the Cauldron category... I made all the components in bowls, but didn't cook it in one. If not, that's okay :)

Edit: Typo and fixed image :)
Edit again: Fixed measurements that weren't showing up
Edit AGAIN: this post hates me
CXfN6hb.png
@Moon314

We'll see if we get any more contestants tomorrow otherwise I might just stick you in the Cauldron category anyways because you're the closest match out of two ^^;;
@Moon314

We'll see if we get any more contestants tomorrow otherwise I might just stick you in the Cauldron category anyways because you're the closest match out of two ^^;;
@Aerikali Pinging myself so I commit to doing this tomorrow...I've been wanting to send in an entry all week, I just hadn't decided what to make until now...
@Aerikali Pinging myself so I commit to doing this tomorrow...I've been wanting to send in an entry all week, I just hadn't decided what to make until now...
tumblr_inline_op9fxmHXAw1uuwhs6_250.gif
@Eialyne Makes sense :)
@Eialyne Makes sense :)
CXfN6hb.png
Eight more hours!
Eight more hours!
1 2 3 4 5