Back

Items For Sale

Arrange the purchasing and selling of items.
TOPIC | [S] Lair Reviews + Lore Writing [CLOSED]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Kedreeva

I'll have an overall + specifics review, please. (i'm moderately lore heavy, so could you take a look and let me know what the cost will be when you get a chance?)
@Kedreeva

I'll have an overall + specifics review, please. (i'm moderately lore heavy, so could you take a look and let me know what the cost will be when you get a chance?)
potion_leaf_by_littlegrimoire-d9ru5l2.gif
@sailorlunatone I took a peek in, and since you've got less than 2 pages of dragons, and the lore isn't extreme on any of them, I don't see any need for a price change. Your total will still come to 30kt :)
@sailorlunatone I took a peek in, and since you've got less than 2 pages of dragons, and the lore isn't extreme on any of them, I don't see any need for a price change. Your total will still come to 30kt :)
tumblr_pe38ivw9vU1rc4grco1_500.png
@kedreeva excellent! i'll send a CR.
@kedreeva excellent! i'll send a CR.
potion_leaf_by_littlegrimoire-d9ru5l2.gif
@Ririterasu Here are your Specifics A reviews! Sorry for the delay, the holiday season got really busy here. Your total comes to 50kt. Specifics #1: Pahkriivah [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7826567] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/78266/7826567_350.png[/img] [/url] First of all, on the lore, I gotta love a scientist, especially one who is interested in investigating the magics of the world around her. It is fascinating that as a shadow dragon, who should know better than maybe anyone the damaging effects of the Shade, and yet she is interested in one who appears Shade touched. It's even better that she became a clan leader, as the eccentric researchers are generally relegated to smaller functions in the clan. I think it works well that she leads but delegates menial responsibilities to another to focus on her studies. As for her bio set up, it's clean and neat. Her outfit is very complex, more crowded than I usually like, but I'm actually enjoying the layering effect you've gotten with the sylvan gear, that's pretty darn cool. I am loving the addition of the new NotN gear as well, it matches so perfectly, like it was made to go with her! Specifics #2: Beherit [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27566588] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/275666/27566588_350.png[/img] [/url] I love her! I would not have thought that the blue would go with the red the way it does, but it ends up looking great against the black, and I think that the red in the accent ties together well with the red glimmer. I love that her eyes match too, and how the red glow of her adds to the horns and kind of dark jewelry of her accent. Simple colors, clean genes, and simple attire- it's way to go! Specifics #3: Sasha [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7742429] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/77425/7742429_350.png[/img] [/url] Love his name! This is an interesting choice of colors and genes, but I really like how they work with matching against his familiar, and kind of gives me an idea of the aim of it. His attire is pretty simple, but it fits him being a trouble maker (and probably getting some cuts and bruises in the process) I like that he is a troublemaker, and that he actually challenged (and would have beaten!!) your clan's leader, but is not only allowed to stay, but the leader actually likes him, and he actually likes her, and there's no cliche storyline of him biding his time to take over or something. I also love his love-hate relationship with Daemon! Specifics #4: Blight [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21106996] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/211070/21106996_350.png[/img] [/url] I love the black and red scheme in general, it looks great on him, and maroon fits better with the crimson silks than I think a brighter red would have been- it makes the purple in the silks less jarring. Glimmer is an A+ choice on him as a ridgie, since it colors those big spines down his back, which makes up for the maroon wings being covered. I took him to the scrying workshop, and he's GORGEOUS without the accent, BUT I don't think it would have looked as good with the silks (the silks would not have stood out the way they do now) so the accent was certainly the way to go. Very beautiful boy, and even though his name is Blight, I think he is anything but!! Specifics #5: Soul [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8311058] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/83111/8311058_350.png[/img] [/url] A pacifist in love with an assassin, amazing! It is interesting to think of him having another being inside of him that can take over, a little frightening for his clan if it turns out to be aggressive. It is good he's being watched so closely by Khrone. I really, REALLY like his colors, and I love the blue that the accents and snow bring to the color scheme. Especially the circuit pattern on his face blends really well with the accent's look, making him appear very dangerous on top of a little.... demonic. Which, given his peacekeeping and pacifism, is an interesting choice of aesthetic. Specifics #6: Cinnabar [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=10733662] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/107337/10733662_350.png[/img] [/url] I love him! I'm fond of bright, vibrant oranges, and he has got this in spades! With the equipment he's got on, he looks like he's actually made of molten rock, and his accent blends right in with that look! It's nice to see skilled craftsmen in clans, especially ones where other members display the results of those crafts- in this case, seeing your other dragons wearing armor that one of their own crafted! I love that kind of connection. A+ choice of matching familiar as well, I can definitely see a little fire goblin hanging out in Cinnabar's forge. Also, his little boyfriend is adorable, they are so sweet :) Specifics #7: Enigma [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21065251] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/210653/21065251_350.png[/img] [/url] I know he is supposed to be a dangerous, deadly, scary dragon but I find him to be actually super adorable. I can't help it! He's got that adorable little dress on that matches his colors so perfectly, I would so hang out with this dragon in real life. I love his accent, I love what it does to his white face, and the little black around his lips. He does look creepy, for sure, but the sort of creepy that is actually harmless and probably sweet. Which, given his lore, I think is probably the aim. Quiet and creepy and yet someone the clan can accept without too much trouble. I find it interesting that the only connections he's made are to two dragons he doesn't actually speak to, and that they are the two who deal the most with death- I'm sure that doesn't help him fit in. Specifics #8: Manami [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23910142] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239102/23910142_350.png[/img] [/url] I wouldn't have thought that the coral would go with the maize (given the maize gets that green shine to it in iri/shim), but given her accent, it actually suits really well! I like the mix of sylvan gear and silks, they match well and, while busy, work well with her accent too. The sunchaser jewelry fits right in with the accent, nice call on using only that, rather than going for the other light pieces. Nice matching on the eyes (I always love matching eyes) and good call on the new familiar, I think it fits really well with her overall look. Specifics #9: Lillie [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28782154] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/287822/28782154_350.png[/img] [/url] Oh my gosh?? What a soft, precious baby, she is so gorgeous! I love that her main colors match her accent so well (I even like the soft purple accents the cream petals gives, it goes with her eyes! how perfect!) and how ther tert matches the apparel, and it's all just so matching and pretty! I hope she is a pampered beauty when she gets lore, she deserves it! Specifics #10: Isaiah/Isaac I gotta say, Isaiah's colors are the better of the two- the sand shimmer goes better with the accent and apparel than the darker brown coloration does, but both of these boys are pretty, pretty, pretty! I would not want to come up against them in a fight, though, they have a sleek, dangerous look to them. They look like they should be guarding something intense, and probably ancient. I love that you gave them matching but opposite familiars- it makes me think that they have matching but opposite personalities. I'm oddly fond of how their inner ear color matches the shine on their weapons. I am wondering, given that their accent has got that black and gold "ribbon" look over their wings, if you've tried on the Haunted Flame Wing Ribbons over the top instead of the silks- these boys have the right color scheme for that set. Either way, they are stunning dragons, a perfect combo of beauty and strength and mystery. Love them!
@Ririterasu Here are your Specifics A reviews! Sorry for the delay, the holiday season got really busy here. Your total comes to 50kt.

Specifics #1: Pahkriivah

7826567_350.png

First of all, on the lore, I gotta love a scientist, especially one who is interested in investigating the magics of the world around her. It is fascinating that as a shadow dragon, who should know better than maybe anyone the damaging effects of the Shade, and yet she is interested in one who appears Shade touched. It's even better that she became a clan leader, as the eccentric researchers are generally relegated to smaller functions in the clan. I think it works well that she leads but delegates menial responsibilities to another to focus on her studies. As for her bio set up, it's clean and neat. Her outfit is very complex, more crowded than I usually like, but I'm actually enjoying the layering effect you've gotten with the sylvan gear, that's pretty darn cool. I am loving the addition of the new NotN gear as well, it matches so perfectly, like it was made to go with her!

Specifics #2: Beherit

27566588_350.png

I love her! I would not have thought that the blue would go with the red the way it does, but it ends up looking great against the black, and I think that the red in the accent ties together well with the red glimmer. I love that her eyes match too, and how the red glow of her adds to the horns and kind of dark jewelry of her accent. Simple colors, clean genes, and simple attire- it's way to go!

Specifics #3: Sasha

7742429_350.png

Love his name! This is an interesting choice of colors and genes, but I really like how they work with matching against his familiar, and kind of gives me an idea of the aim of it. His attire is pretty simple, but it fits him being a trouble maker (and probably getting some cuts and bruises in the process) I like that he is a troublemaker, and that he actually challenged (and would have beaten!!) your clan's leader, but is not only allowed to stay, but the leader actually likes him, and he actually likes her, and there's no cliche storyline of him biding his time to take over or something. I also love his love-hate relationship with Daemon!

Specifics #4: Blight

21106996_350.png

I love the black and red scheme in general, it looks great on him, and maroon fits better with the crimson silks than I think a brighter red would have been- it makes the purple in the silks less jarring. Glimmer is an A+ choice on him as a ridgie, since it colors those big spines down his back, which makes up for the maroon wings being covered. I took him to the scrying workshop, and he's GORGEOUS without the accent, BUT I don't think it would have looked as good with the silks (the silks would not have stood out the way they do now) so the accent was certainly the way to go. Very beautiful boy, and even though his name is Blight, I think he is anything but!!

Specifics #5: Soul

8311058_350.png

A pacifist in love with an assassin, amazing! It is interesting to think of him having another being inside of him that can take over, a little frightening for his clan if it turns out to be aggressive. It is good he's being watched so closely by Khrone. I really, REALLY like his colors, and I love the blue that the accents and snow bring to the color scheme. Especially the circuit pattern on his face blends really well with the accent's look, making him appear very dangerous on top of a little.... demonic. Which, given his peacekeeping and pacifism, is an interesting choice of aesthetic.

Specifics #6: Cinnabar

10733662_350.png

I love him! I'm fond of bright, vibrant oranges, and he has got this in spades! With the equipment he's got on, he looks like he's actually made of molten rock, and his accent blends right in with that look! It's nice to see skilled craftsmen in clans, especially ones where other members display the results of those crafts- in this case, seeing your other dragons wearing armor that one of their own crafted! I love that kind of connection. A+ choice of matching familiar as well, I can definitely see a little fire goblin hanging out in Cinnabar's forge. Also, his little boyfriend is adorable, they are so sweet :)

Specifics #7: Enigma

21065251_350.png

I know he is supposed to be a dangerous, deadly, scary dragon but I find him to be actually super adorable. I can't help it! He's got that adorable little dress on that matches his colors so perfectly, I would so hang out with this dragon in real life. I love his accent, I love what it does to his white face, and the little black around his lips. He does look creepy, for sure, but the sort of creepy that is actually harmless and probably sweet. Which, given his lore, I think is probably the aim. Quiet and creepy and yet someone the clan can accept without too much trouble. I find it interesting that the only connections he's made are to two dragons he doesn't actually speak to, and that they are the two who deal the most with death- I'm sure that doesn't help him fit in.

Specifics #8: Manami

23910142_350.png

I wouldn't have thought that the coral would go with the maize (given the maize gets that green shine to it in iri/shim), but given her accent, it actually suits really well! I like the mix of sylvan gear and silks, they match well and, while busy, work well with her accent too. The sunchaser jewelry fits right in with the accent, nice call on using only that, rather than going for the other light pieces. Nice matching on the eyes (I always love matching eyes) and good call on the new familiar, I think it fits really well with her overall look.

Specifics #9: Lillie

28782154_350.png

Oh my gosh?? What a soft, precious baby, she is so gorgeous! I love that her main colors match her accent so well (I even like the soft purple accents the cream petals gives, it goes with her eyes! how perfect!) and how ther tert matches the apparel, and it's all just so matching and pretty! I hope she is a pampered beauty when she gets lore, she deserves it!

Specifics #10: Isaiah/Isaac
I gotta say, Isaiah's colors are the better of the two- the sand shimmer goes better with the accent and apparel than the darker brown coloration does, but both of these boys are pretty, pretty, pretty! I would not want to come up against them in a fight, though, they have a sleek, dangerous look to them. They look like they should be guarding something intense, and probably ancient. I love that you gave them matching but opposite familiars- it makes me think that they have matching but opposite personalities. I'm oddly fond of how their inner ear color matches the shine on their weapons. I am wondering, given that their accent has got that black and gold "ribbon" look over their wings, if you've tried on the Haunted Flame Wing Ribbons over the top instead of the silks- these boys have the right color scheme for that set. Either way, they are stunning dragons, a perfect combo of beauty and strength and mystery. Love them!

@Kedreeva, could I get a Overall + specific review? :0
@Kedreeva, could I get a Overall + specific review? :0
sdSRvlV.png
@Anubiis Hi there! Actually the shop is on hold (I just got back) so I will send you a ping when I am open for more slots!
@Anubiis Hi there! Actually the shop is on hold (I just got back) so I will send you a ping when I am open for more slots!
@Kedreeva, alrighty! Have a festive New Years! :D
@Kedreeva, alrighty! Have a festive New Years! :D
sdSRvlV.png
@Kedreeva Please give me a ping when your shop reopens! :)
@Kedreeva Please give me a ping when your shop reopens! :)
Please ping @Philli
2 I , 2 L :)
@gardenvoir Sorry this took so long! You're all set! Overall, your lair is well organized. The color scheme of it is organized and doesn't interrupt the flow of the lore too much when reading from start to finish. I like that you pulled off putting Oliver in the third row with the greens by the gradient of colors with your unnamed Noc bridging the gap between the soft greens and soft yellow of Oliver. Very nicely done! I really liked reading through your lore. The stuff toward the beginning, with Callan and Chamomile and Caieta and Aeneas was great, and it was interesting to read the parts that were storyline rather than lore. I feel bad for Chamomile, being in charge and knowing she's not in charge at the same time. That's a rough position! I also really liked Aeneas' story with coming back and seeking the lady who left despite having sworn her loyalty to his deity! That was really nice. I was sad that Lumiose didn't have lore- after reading through Hiero's lore, I was looking forward to Lumiose's! It was chilling to read through the whole of the lore and see Caieta appears to be planning for something... bringing in warriors and keeping secrets. The bios them selves are really well organized. I like the formatting on them, I like the quotes and the items, and how the lore is separated to the top section and the stories or extended lore are sectioned to the bottom without columns. That's great! I did notice that Iris was missing from your lair (though not exalted) but caudalie's lore ties heavily into Iris', but not really anyone else's (I mean, it links to two others, but her interactions seem to mainly be with Iris by her lore). Additionally, Versailles and Marseille only really link to each other, which left them feeling a little like they were just tagged onto the clan, when everyone else seemed pretty interlinked. Basil, as well, was not really mentioned in lore outside of his own- not even in Caieta's, who is supposedly his best friend and, despite that it's mentioned several times that she's writing things or planning things both in her own lore and in others, Basil isn't mentioned being with her (his lore says he often is, but there's no evidence of such). Your apparel is great!! Some of it looks a little much (like Sage's... that gets really busy, but her lore kind of makes up for it) but it all matches throughout the clan, giving them a sense of being one clan rather than a collection of odds and ends dragons that look good on their own but don't hold up as a whole. Yours do, the silks and other delicate apparel pieces make your dragons look like a cohesive clan, and even your warriors are elegant and fit in with the clean nobles. So, I think that overall you're doing good! You've got some great political intrigue going on, and I think a little more interlinking between the characters would not go awry to further that end. Good stuff! ------------ Specifics #1: Velveteen [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19898891] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/198989/19898891_350.png[/img] [/url] I love his name, first of all, and I love his colors and I love his lore. I love that his eyes match his colors, as does his familiar, and that his glimmer, to me, makes him look velveteen soft. love that the lore explains his pixies, and the clouds accent is a really perfect touch to complete the look of a character who has his head in the clouds (literally lol!!). It's nice that he is a sibling to Chamomile, who is so very smart, and yet he is... not. I laughed along when I read that Caieta started training him and then had to stop because she realized it was never gonna go. But, I'm also glad that she let him stay anyway, because it's not his fault, really. Specifics #2: Basileus [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24872379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/248724/24872379_350.png[/img] [/url] He might be my favorite in your lair, aesthetically speaking. The colors are not ones I would think go together, but the red and pale tan accents in the petals gene end up pulling the look together, as do your choices of apparel- the red over the wings, the white of the horns... very good job dressing this boy and choosing his genes. The matching eyes really perfect him! It's actually really great that he looks like he would be a little dangerous, with his plague origins and the skull in his bio, and all those big claws... and then he is a scholar. I like it! Specifics #3: Lotus [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24450887] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/244509/24450887_350.png[/img] [/url] Okay, listen, I don't normally go for snappers, they are my least favorite dragons on this side after male nocs, but LOOK at this lady. LOOK at how beautiful she is!! I do not even have words for how amazing it is that you layered the silks so as to give her pale rainbow silks- I would never have thought of that, but it looks AWESOME. I didn't even notice she was wearing an accent, it fits in so well with the rest of her apparel, and her hex gene puts that pretty little pattern on her face that is just perfect. So perfect. This is the prettiest snapper I have ever seen. And she just plopped her big retired-tank-fighter butt down among the delicate flowers of this clan and fit right in no problem. I love her! Ahhhh she's so good.
@gardenvoir Sorry this took so long! You're all set!

Overall, your lair is well organized. The color scheme of it is organized and doesn't interrupt the flow of the lore too much when reading from start to finish. I like that you pulled off putting Oliver in the third row with the greens by the gradient of colors with your unnamed Noc bridging the gap between the soft greens and soft yellow of Oliver. Very nicely done!

I really liked reading through your lore. The stuff toward the beginning, with Callan and Chamomile and Caieta and Aeneas was great, and it was interesting to read the parts that were storyline rather than lore. I feel bad for Chamomile, being in charge and knowing she's not in charge at the same time. That's a rough position! I also really liked Aeneas' story with coming back and seeking the lady who left despite having sworn her loyalty to his deity! That was really nice. I was sad that Lumiose didn't have lore- after reading through Hiero's lore, I was looking forward to Lumiose's! It was chilling to read through the whole of the lore and see Caieta appears to be planning for something... bringing in warriors and keeping secrets. The bios them selves are really well organized. I like the formatting on them, I like the quotes and the items, and how the lore is separated to the top section and the stories or extended lore are sectioned to the bottom without columns. That's great!

I did notice that Iris was missing from your lair (though not exalted) but caudalie's lore ties heavily into Iris', but not really anyone else's (I mean, it links to two others, but her interactions seem to mainly be with Iris by her lore). Additionally, Versailles and Marseille only really link to each other, which left them feeling a little like they were just tagged onto the clan, when everyone else seemed pretty interlinked. Basil, as well, was not really mentioned in lore outside of his own- not even in Caieta's, who is supposedly his best friend and, despite that it's mentioned several times that she's writing things or planning things both in her own lore and in others, Basil isn't mentioned being with her (his lore says he often is, but there's no evidence of such).

Your apparel is great!! Some of it looks a little much (like Sage's... that gets really busy, but her lore kind of makes up for it) but it all matches throughout the clan, giving them a sense of being one clan rather than a collection of odds and ends dragons that look good on their own but don't hold up as a whole. Yours do, the silks and other delicate apparel pieces make your dragons look like a cohesive clan, and even your warriors are elegant and fit in with the clean nobles.

So, I think that overall you're doing good! You've got some great political intrigue going on, and I think a little more interlinking between the characters would not go awry to further that end. Good stuff!

Specifics #1: Velveteen

19898891_350.png

I love his name, first of all, and I love his colors and I love his lore. I love that his eyes match his colors, as does his familiar, and that his glimmer, to me, makes him look velveteen soft. love that the lore explains his pixies, and the clouds accent is a really perfect touch to complete the look of a character who has his head in the clouds (literally lol!!). It's nice that he is a sibling to Chamomile, who is so very smart, and yet he is... not. I laughed along when I read that Caieta started training him and then had to stop because she realized it was never gonna go. But, I'm also glad that she let him stay anyway, because it's not his fault, really.

Specifics #2: Basileus

24872379_350.png

He might be my favorite in your lair, aesthetically speaking. The colors are not ones I would think go together, but the red and pale tan accents in the petals gene end up pulling the look together, as do your choices of apparel- the red over the wings, the white of the horns... very good job dressing this boy and choosing his genes. The matching eyes really perfect him! It's actually really great that he looks like he would be a little dangerous, with his plague origins and the skull in his bio, and all those big claws... and then he is a scholar. I like it!

Specifics #3: Lotus

24450887_350.png

Okay, listen, I don't normally go for snappers, they are my least favorite dragons on this side after male nocs, but LOOK at this lady. LOOK at how beautiful she is!! I do not even have words for how amazing it is that you layered the silks so as to give her pale rainbow silks- I would never have thought of that, but it looks AWESOME. I didn't even notice she was wearing an accent, it fits in so well with the rest of her apparel, and her hex gene puts that pretty little pattern on her face that is just perfect. So perfect. This is the prettiest snapper I have ever seen. And she just plopped her big retired-tank-fighter butt down among the delicate flowers of this clan and fit right in no problem. I love her! Ahhhh she's so good.
@Chrissy @Ximena @OnTheClockCroc

Hey there! Sorry for the huge delay on these reviews and lore, I'm checking in to make sure you still want your slots! I am getting back to it now that the holidays are done wreaking havoc and I'm finally recovering from being ill.
@Chrissy @Ximena @OnTheClockCroc

Hey there! Sorry for the huge delay on these reviews and lore, I'm checking in to make sure you still want your slots! I am getting back to it now that the holidays are done wreaking havoc and I'm finally recovering from being ill.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10