Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | XXY, XYY?
Could someone please explain the meaning of the XXY or XYY or alike for me? I see them on the different dragon forums and also in some dragons description :)

Glad to get an explanation!
Could someone please explain the meaning of the XXY or XYY or alike for me? I see them on the different dragon forums and also in some dragons description :)

Glad to get an explanation!
FR +9 so sorry if I respond slowly sometimes!
@Keetande X ,Y and Z refer to the three colors each dragon has. An XXY dragon simply means that the dragon's primary and secondary colors are the same e.g Caribbean, Caribbean, sky [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13722755] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137228/13722755_350.png[/img] [/url] An XYY dragon means a dragon which has the same secondary and tertiary colors e.g sky, aqua, aqua. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7256947] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/72570/7256947_350.png[/img] [/url] Hope this helps!
@Keetande
X ,Y and Z refer to the three colors each dragon has.
An XXY dragon simply means that the dragon's primary and secondary colors are the same e.g Caribbean, Caribbean, sky

13722755_350.png

An XYY dragon means a dragon which has the same secondary and tertiary colors e.g sky, aqua, aqua.
7256947_350.png

Hope this helps!
3ong.gif
@Keetande

XXY: The first two colors of a dragon are the same! For example, the dragon could be Seafoam/Seafoam/Aqua.

XYY: The last two colors of a dragon are the same! This one would be Aqua/Seafoam/Seafoam.

XYX: The first and last colors are the same! Seafoam/Aqua/Seafoam.

XXX: All the colors are the same! Seafoam/Seafoam/Seafoam.

It can be any color combinations, too, not just Seafoam and Aqua.
@Keetande

XXY: The first two colors of a dragon are the same! For example, the dragon could be Seafoam/Seafoam/Aqua.

XYY: The last two colors of a dragon are the same! This one would be Aqua/Seafoam/Seafoam.

XYX: The first and last colors are the same! Seafoam/Aqua/Seafoam.

XXX: All the colors are the same! Seafoam/Seafoam/Seafoam.

It can be any color combinations, too, not just Seafoam and Aqua.
NY105Sx.gif
Oooh! Ok thank you both @StopTheBats and @FreezeFlash, very informative!
Oooh! Ok thank you both @StopTheBats and @FreezeFlash, very informative!
FR +9 so sorry if I respond slowly sometimes!
@StopTheBats or @FreezeFlash

Sorry, but which is the most desirable? And what does triple gened mean?
@StopTheBats or @FreezeFlash

Sorry, but which is the most desirable? And what does triple gened mean?
@purplecinnibar

I know I wasn't pinged, but I figured I could answer anyway! There is no combo that's more desirable than others, it all depends on what individual players prefer.

Triple gened means a dragon with no basic genes.
@purplecinnibar

I know I wasn't pinged, but I figured I could answer anyway! There is no combo that's more desirable than others, it all depends on what individual players prefer.

Triple gened means a dragon with no basic genes.

puffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuffpuff

FR +9
@purplecinnibar

It depends fully on the market and genes!

Triples (XXX) aren't worth as much anymore, though, because there's so many of them bred. Especially triple whites - there's a LOT of dragons with that coloration! Take a glance at the Auction House, for example.

With certain genes, some combinations look better. A XYX (Rose/Seafoam/Rose, for example) dragon would probably look good with Okapi, therefore it would sell more.

If you have a specific dragon you're trying to sell, glance at the AH prices for it to get a general idea. If you feel it's worth more than that, price accordingly. Dragon selling is very subjective - if you find the right buyer, they might pay you any amount of money for a dragon, while most other people would just see it as exalt fodder.

And yes, triple gened as a dragon with no basic genes. A dragon like Tiger/Current/Basic is only double gened, but Tiger/Current/Okapi is a triple gened, for example!
@purplecinnibar

It depends fully on the market and genes!

Triples (XXX) aren't worth as much anymore, though, because there's so many of them bred. Especially triple whites - there's a LOT of dragons with that coloration! Take a glance at the Auction House, for example.

With certain genes, some combinations look better. A XYX (Rose/Seafoam/Rose, for example) dragon would probably look good with Okapi, therefore it would sell more.

If you have a specific dragon you're trying to sell, glance at the AH prices for it to get a general idea. If you feel it's worth more than that, price accordingly. Dragon selling is very subjective - if you find the right buyer, they might pay you any amount of money for a dragon, while most other people would just see it as exalt fodder.

And yes, triple gened as a dragon with no basic genes. A dragon like Tiger/Current/Basic is only double gened, but Tiger/Current/Okapi is a triple gened, for example!
NY105Sx.gif