Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | A thought on shiny pokemon
1 2
Weirdly enough, I've noticed that many of the old shinies look enhanced on Pokemon Go. I know that's not what we're talking about here, but it is proof that they can increase the vibrancy without ticking people off. Also, that Poochyena would be glorious if it were pink. I NEED to know shiny Galarian Ponyta is gonna be good. I'm scared for it.
Weirdly enough, I've noticed that many of the old shinies look enhanced on Pokemon Go. I know that's not what we're talking about here, but it is proof that they can increase the vibrancy without ticking people off. Also, that Poochyena would be glorious if it were pink. I NEED to know shiny Galarian Ponyta is gonna be good. I'm scared for it.
Several people have mentioned changing shinies, and that's actually a possibility. Since, you know, it has happened before: [img]https://pokewiki.de/images/2/2b/Pok%C3%A9monsprite_006_Schillernd_Kristall.gif[/img] [img]https://pokewiki.de/images/7/77/Pok%C3%A9monsprite_006_Schillernd_Smaragd.gif[/img] [size=2]I'm possibly in the minority here, but I think I actually prefer purple 'zard over black 'zard. Don't get me wrong, black is good too, but it doesn't have the same feel.[/size] Fun fact, the old shiny is still used in the Smash series. [img]https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/skins/57a92a2a34cc4.jpg[/img]
Several people have mentioned changing shinies, and that's actually a possibility. Since, you know, it has happened before:

Pok%C3%A9monsprite_006_Schillernd_Kristall.gif
Pok%C3%A9monsprite_006_Schillernd_Smaragd.gif

I'm possibly in the minority here, but I think I actually prefer purple 'zard over black 'zard. Don't get me wrong, black is good too, but it doesn't have the same feel.

Fun fact, the old shiny is still used in the Smash series.
57a92a2a34cc4.jpg
well, either we get subtle shinies, the odd decent one, or... kommo-o. as a mad shiny hunter, that horrific eyeburning monstrocity is my least favourite shiny- it's probably right up there for favourite pokemon, but what on earth was going through gamefreak's heads colouring that thing

i'm hoping for some decent galarian ones- maybe deep red/black or deep red/white for obstagoon, i highly doubt it but a shiny corviknight based off a magpie or jackdaw would be great (although i'd settle for albino or any suitable darkened colour), cramorant HAS to look like a cormorant does, and please can they make the shiny ponyta's body not still cream. i'd like to see some actual variety there, gamefreak.

and we don't even know the starters but i'll be sr'ing off the bat for my favourite. please, pray the shinies aren't subtle and the final forms look good.
well, either we get subtle shinies, the odd decent one, or... kommo-o. as a mad shiny hunter, that horrific eyeburning monstrocity is my least favourite shiny- it's probably right up there for favourite pokemon, but what on earth was going through gamefreak's heads colouring that thing

i'm hoping for some decent galarian ones- maybe deep red/black or deep red/white for obstagoon, i highly doubt it but a shiny corviknight based off a magpie or jackdaw would be great (although i'd settle for albino or any suitable darkened colour), cramorant HAS to look like a cormorant does, and please can they make the shiny ponyta's body not still cream. i'd like to see some actual variety there, gamefreak.

and we don't even know the starters but i'll be sr'ing off the bat for my favourite. please, pray the shinies aren't subtle and the final forms look good.
1 2