Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Who decided fursuits were a good idea?
1 2 3
Oh man, mad respect to people who wear fursuits out in the heat! Not only are they uncomfortable, but also are a terrible thing to clean if they need it. Do you put fans in your suit, like the mini ones they put in mascots? It might help a bit.

Or, they make those cooling mats. Maybe something like those can be jury-rigged
into the suit at the back and front? Or even some large gel icepacks might work?

(Also, tip. On my last mask I put some really light or clear glue (like maybe mod podge or lash glue) on the faux-fur to keep it down. So maybe do this on hair around any openings or netted areas. It helps keep it from going into your mouth or eyes without looking bad. Unfortunately, you can't exactly do this to a whole fursuit so the inhaling fur problem can never truly be fixed. It's a suffering fur-suitors need to live with XD)
Oh man, mad respect to people who wear fursuits out in the heat! Not only are they uncomfortable, but also are a terrible thing to clean if they need it. Do you put fans in your suit, like the mini ones they put in mascots? It might help a bit.

Or, they make those cooling mats. Maybe something like those can be jury-rigged
into the suit at the back and front? Or even some large gel icepacks might work?

(Also, tip. On my last mask I put some really light or clear glue (like maybe mod podge or lash glue) on the faux-fur to keep it down. So maybe do this on hair around any openings or netted areas. It helps keep it from going into your mouth or eyes without looking bad. Unfortunately, you can't exactly do this to a whole fursuit so the inhaling fur problem can never truly be fixed. It's a suffering fur-suitors need to live with XD)
lore_shop_by_angeldragonisa-dch2oyt.png
@akarui me too, I basically scrapped mine together for under 300$ and it looked like hot garbage but all the people at the con were surprisingly supportive lol

@aontacht god the glue idea is so good, I can't tell you how many times I snorted fur on accident bc the fur around the eyeholes was loose.

I'm gonna try to rig some fans into a set of mock headphones so they'll blow air through the head and onto my face, but I am... very sad, very poor, and very unknowledgeable when it comes to wiring and electronics...
@akarui me too, I basically scrapped mine together for under 300$ and it looked like hot garbage but all the people at the con were surprisingly supportive lol

@aontacht god the glue idea is so good, I can't tell you how many times I snorted fur on accident bc the fur around the eyeholes was loose.

I'm gonna try to rig some fans into a set of mock headphones so they'll blow air through the head and onto my face, but I am... very sad, very poor, and very unknowledgeable when it comes to wiring and electronics...
@impossiblejedi4 do it, buddy! nowhere to go but up. I watched 900000 tutorials, screwed up so bad i had to entirely scrap the first 2 times, finally ended up with something i thought was approachable in quality, then saw pictures of it later and died from embarrassment lol

which means the next time i do it, it can only get better
@impossiblejedi4 do it, buddy! nowhere to go but up. I watched 900000 tutorials, screwed up so bad i had to entirely scrap the first 2 times, finally ended up with something i thought was approachable in quality, then saw pictures of it later and died from embarrassment lol

which means the next time i do it, it can only get better

conventions are just competitions to see how long you can last without passing out.

conventions are just competitions to see how long you can last without passing out.
@touma besides the fursuit 90% of my cosplays involve insane amounts of face paint and/or liquid latex, you are far to correct
@touma besides the fursuit 90% of my cosplays involve insane amounts of face paint and/or liquid latex, you are far to correct
I remember once I was the person in the Easter Bunny suit for our local Rainy Day Bazaar, my group and I would switch out who’s wearing the suit because wow, it was SO hot in there. Our Girl Scout leader had to check with us every 10 minutes to make sure we weren’t having a heat stroke.

On a nicer note though, I got to hold newborn babies and little kids loved me! :,)
I remember once I was the person in the Easter Bunny suit for our local Rainy Day Bazaar, my group and I would switch out who’s wearing the suit because wow, it was SO hot in there. Our Girl Scout leader had to check with us every 10 minutes to make sure we weren’t having a heat stroke.

On a nicer note though, I got to hold newborn babies and little kids loved me! :,)
Waiting 24/7 for death's sweet release (of their next hot mixtape of course)
A built in air conditioner and glue that fur down and yall good
A built in air conditioner and glue that fur down and yall good
9e9feb1cd233d5fc793ec7c6dd43c14e98d311f2.gif
@myhartwilldrogon god i wish i had enough space. The base of the suit is basically skin tight! No room for extras, except for a few slim ice packs.
@myhartwilldrogon god i wish i had enough space. The base of the suit is basically skin tight! No room for extras, except for a few slim ice packs.
@zenikay that's so cute!!
@zenikay that's so cute!!
Oh gosh, that's nuts! Please look after yourself! If you can, I'd suggest getting one of those icepack vests to wear under the costume to help stave off the heat, some cosplayers tend to use them if their costumes aren't hot weather friendly.
Oh gosh, that's nuts! Please look after yourself! If you can, I'd suggest getting one of those icepack vests to wear under the costume to help stave off the heat, some cosplayers tend to use them if their costumes aren't hot weather friendly.
70963472_XPWFcmaFImCJJZ5.png
1 2 3