Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Tell me about your faves.
1 2
So I always like hearing about peoples favorite characters lma o. Tell me about yours. Tell me about the husbando, the waifu, tell me about a l l of them. So my favorite character at the moment has got to be [url=http://oczxe.tumblr.com/tagged/cooper]Cooper[/url] from [url=http://somethingyouwantcomic.tumblr.com]this webcomic.[/url] He's disgusting. Gross. A piece of g a r b a g e. I love him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20604410] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/206045/20604410_350.png[/img] [/url] I even have a fandragon of him. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23220448] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/232205/23220448_350.png[/img] [/url] ...And his rev au alternate.
So I always like hearing about peoples favorite characters lma o. Tell me about yours. Tell me about the husbando, the waifu, tell me about a l l of them.

So my favorite character at the moment has got to be Cooper from this webcomic. He's disgusting. Gross. A piece of g a r b a g e. I love him.

20604410_350.png

I even have a fandragon of him.

23220448_350.png

...And his rev au alternate.

JvUa9ma.png
lCK29fT.png
pTgxHuT.png
ekwgPuo.png nmmNy1H.png
@Grillbz Aw yiss, faves~ I have so many. [i]So. Many.[/i] I'll just list two, otherwise we'd be here all night. :V First off, from the [i]Dresden Files[/i] TV show, there's this ghostly ball of sarcasm and disapproval: [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/kfelidae/Screencaps/bob_jerk_small.jpg[/img] Bob is both comic relief and emotional anchor in the show. His snark works well with Harry, and they have great chemistry. This Bob's a totally different character than the Bob from the books, but I really find I love both for different reasons. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=23837&tab=dragon&did=4679970]I have a dragon based off him![/url] I am also [url=https://youtu.be/FKFnmNgzpI4?t=6m25s]unrepentantly, unapologetically in love with Sir Percy[/url], and I'm not quite sure when that even happened. [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/kfelidae/percy_sm.jpg[/img] I think you just wake up one day, and realize that your favorite Batman isn't actually Batman. Whoops?
@Grillbz

Aw yiss, faves~

I have so many. So. Many.

I'll just list two, otherwise we'd be here all night. :V

First off, from the Dresden Files TV show, there's this ghostly ball of sarcasm and disapproval:

bob_jerk_small.jpg

Bob is both comic relief and emotional anchor in the show. His snark works well with Harry, and they have great chemistry. This Bob's a totally different character than the Bob from the books, but I really find I love both for different reasons.

I have a dragon based off him!

I am also unrepentantly, unapologetically in love with Sir Percy, and I'm not quite sure when that even happened.

percy_sm.jpg

I think you just wake up one day, and realize that your favorite Batman isn't actually Batman. Whoops?
@Grillbz WE'D BE HERE ALL DAY IF I TOLD YOU ABOUT ALL THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN I'll try not to make this too long though... First off is this sad dad (aka Sebastian Castellanos) [img]http://65.media.tumblr.com/73af1dda3db8faf7e3fd9198d92adfaa/tumblr_no6vniOud71tbl2xjo1_500.jpg[/img] Mainly why i love Sebastian is because despite people saying he's as bland and salty as a cracker, i like the fact that Seb's REAL personality/character is shown non-verbally in expressions and reading his actions moreso than his words. especially his want to protect those around him, which includes his partner who he currently has a very rocky partnership with, a woman he distrusts (and you find out later it's with good reason) and a younger male he barely even knows. some would argue it's his job, but in my honest opinion, i think it's because he truly cares about them despite everything. (i mean seriously, who would go through almost literal hell to protect someone they barely even know?) he's troppy and a bit stereotypical... obviously not a character that jives with everyone... but i still love him. And then there's the other sad dad (Aka Joel) [img]https://45.media.tumblr.com/7587a12ee95dde2423067c28e4f81553/tumblr_n7h0o29lqG1r39jbio1_500.gif[/img] I like Joel because of his character development throughout TLoU. I also like him - and naughty dog - because he is HUMAN. and at the end, makes a very HUMAN decision. most likely a selfish and arguably not the 'right' decision, but a HUMAN decision nonetheless. showing that he's not a hero, just a man. i like that naughty dog dared to do that with him, and even if it's sparked a pretty contravertial argument for/against said decision, i'm still glad he made it. (and agree with his decision because as much as i liked Marlene and could see where she was coming from, it wasn't right of her to do what she did either by manipulating Ellie. and yes, i say 'manipulated' because she didn't give Ellie one very key piece of information that she had a right to know. and though most would argue it was to 'protect her' from making a hard decision, i honestly believe it's because Marlene didn't want Ellie to change her mind. i mean, what Joel did wasn't really any better - considering it's still someone else making the decision for Ellie - but in reality, it was the better choice. considering Marlene gave him no other alternative. Though, again, that's my opinion and i don't mind if people disagree with it.) he's a complete and utter jerk at some points, and there are times i want to throw a brick at his dumb face... but all in all, Joel's a really awesome character. Again, due to his personality, i understand Joel won't jive with everyone... but i love him ;u; There's so many more... but for now, have the sad dads. -goes to hide in my dark corner again-
@Grillbz
WE'D BE HERE

ALL DAY

IF I TOLD YOU ABOUT ALL THE PRECIOUS CHILDREN

I'll try not to make this too long though...

First off is this sad dad (aka Sebastian Castellanos)
tumblr_no6vniOud71tbl2xjo1_500.jpg
Mainly why i love Sebastian is because despite people saying he's as bland and salty as a cracker, i like the fact that Seb's REAL personality/character is shown non-verbally in expressions and reading his actions moreso than his words. especially his want to protect those around him, which includes his partner who he currently has a very rocky partnership with, a woman he distrusts (and you find out later it's with good reason) and a younger male he barely even knows. some would argue it's his job, but in my honest opinion, i think it's because he truly cares about them despite everything. (i mean seriously, who would go through almost literal hell to protect someone they barely even know?) he's troppy and a bit stereotypical... obviously not a character that jives with everyone... but i still love him.

And then there's the other sad dad (Aka Joel)
tumblr_n7h0o29lqG1r39jbio1_500.gif
I like Joel because of his character development throughout TLoU. I also like him - and naughty dog - because he is HUMAN. and at the end, makes a very HUMAN decision. most likely a selfish and arguably not the 'right' decision, but a HUMAN decision nonetheless. showing that he's not a hero, just a man. i like that naughty dog dared to do that with him, and even if it's sparked a pretty contravertial argument for/against said decision, i'm still glad he made it. (and agree with his decision because as much as i liked Marlene and could see where she was coming from, it wasn't right of her to do what she did either by manipulating Ellie. and yes, i say 'manipulated' because she didn't give Ellie one very key piece of information that she had a right to know. and though most would argue it was to 'protect her' from making a hard decision, i honestly believe it's because Marlene didn't want Ellie to change her mind. i mean, what Joel did wasn't really any better - considering it's still someone else making the decision for Ellie - but in reality, it was the better choice. considering Marlene gave him no other alternative. Though, again, that's my opinion and i don't mind if people disagree with it.) he's a complete and utter jerk at some points, and there are times i want to throw a brick at his dumb face... but all in all, Joel's a really awesome character. Again, due to his personality, i understand Joel won't jive with everyone... but i love him ;u;

There's so many more... but for now, have the sad dads.
-goes to hide in my dark corner again-
My favorites right now are Koba, Blue Eyes, and Caesar from Rise/Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. People have seen me rambling about these movies in lots of threads so I apologize in advance for yet more xD;

Koba - I think he looks awesome, which is what drew me to him originally. His backstory (elaborated on in the book Firestorm) is super tragic and completely explains why he isn't quite right. I feel like he was a well written character when they could have so easily made him a stereotypical villain. Up to a certain point I really think he had the best interest of the apes in mind with the information that he had available to him, but he crossed some lines for sure until he became a true villain by the end. I won't say more bc spoilers.

Blue Eyes - I LOVE Blue Eyes! He has such a rough dose of reality throughout Dawn and its portrayed amazingly through facial expressions and body language in a very internalized manner - until one part near the end where he breaks a little and expresses himself in a more obvious way than is typical, which shows just how much he went through and how it did affect him profoundly. He realized too late that he was idolizing and following the wrong ape and had so much regret that it hurt to watch imo. His breakdown, as contained as it was, still makes me cry when I watch the movie sometimes. He definitely redeemed himself by the end even though he was a little bit of a spoiled angsty little thing in some parts earlier on. Even my friend who was put off by his initial attitude adored him by the end. He's probably my favorite ape to RP even if Koba is my main tbh, but I'm more confident in my ability to portray Koba. Blue Eyes is difficult since everything /is/ so internal.

Caesar - I mean, what can you even say about Caesar? In Rise we watch him grow from newborn to near adult and the journey we watch him go on is as heartwrenching as it is inspiring and triumphant. In Dawn its even more heartwrenching and tragic because he had that happy ending that he fought so hard for, but then everything kindof exploded and got out of control. He learned some pretty painful lessons in both movies but he came out of it an amazing leader and I don't think any of the other apes that have been revealed to us in detail could have accomplished what he did, even if they'd had the ALZ from birth. That's not to say he's perfect, but he's pretty much THE ape. Do you know anybody else who can bring 2,000 angry apes back under control with a single word or a lift of their hand? Hail Caesar, man, hail Caesar.

Honorary mention is Ash. He had a heart of gold, it was obvious even if he didn't have a large part in Dawn. Plus, his freckles are adorable. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody not loving Ash. He's @PenEvan's bby (which is super fitting bc Ash and Blue Eyes are best friends and so are we xD)

I have fan dragons of most of the named characters on the first page of my lair with screencaps of the corresponding ape in their info boxes~

(As for non-PotA characters, I like Toby Cavanaugh from Pretty Little Liars, Toothless from HTTYD, Henry/Terriermon/Guilmon from Digimon Tamers, and Godzilla [also known as Junior or Zilla Jr by the fandom] from the American cartoon Godzilla: The Series. I have fan dragons of Zilla, Charizard, Noivern, and two breeding pairs of Night Fury fan dragons)
My favorites right now are Koba, Blue Eyes, and Caesar from Rise/Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. People have seen me rambling about these movies in lots of threads so I apologize in advance for yet more xD;

Koba - I think he looks awesome, which is what drew me to him originally. His backstory (elaborated on in the book Firestorm) is super tragic and completely explains why he isn't quite right. I feel like he was a well written character when they could have so easily made him a stereotypical villain. Up to a certain point I really think he had the best interest of the apes in mind with the information that he had available to him, but he crossed some lines for sure until he became a true villain by the end. I won't say more bc spoilers.

Blue Eyes - I LOVE Blue Eyes! He has such a rough dose of reality throughout Dawn and its portrayed amazingly through facial expressions and body language in a very internalized manner - until one part near the end where he breaks a little and expresses himself in a more obvious way than is typical, which shows just how much he went through and how it did affect him profoundly. He realized too late that he was idolizing and following the wrong ape and had so much regret that it hurt to watch imo. His breakdown, as contained as it was, still makes me cry when I watch the movie sometimes. He definitely redeemed himself by the end even though he was a little bit of a spoiled angsty little thing in some parts earlier on. Even my friend who was put off by his initial attitude adored him by the end. He's probably my favorite ape to RP even if Koba is my main tbh, but I'm more confident in my ability to portray Koba. Blue Eyes is difficult since everything /is/ so internal.

Caesar - I mean, what can you even say about Caesar? In Rise we watch him grow from newborn to near adult and the journey we watch him go on is as heartwrenching as it is inspiring and triumphant. In Dawn its even more heartwrenching and tragic because he had that happy ending that he fought so hard for, but then everything kindof exploded and got out of control. He learned some pretty painful lessons in both movies but he came out of it an amazing leader and I don't think any of the other apes that have been revealed to us in detail could have accomplished what he did, even if they'd had the ALZ from birth. That's not to say he's perfect, but he's pretty much THE ape. Do you know anybody else who can bring 2,000 angry apes back under control with a single word or a lift of their hand? Hail Caesar, man, hail Caesar.

Honorary mention is Ash. He had a heart of gold, it was obvious even if he didn't have a large part in Dawn. Plus, his freckles are adorable. I don't think I've ever heard of anybody not loving Ash. He's @PenEvan's bby (which is super fitting bc Ash and Blue Eyes are best friends and so are we xD)

I have fan dragons of most of the named characters on the first page of my lair with screencaps of the corresponding ape in their info boxes~

(As for non-PotA characters, I like Toby Cavanaugh from Pretty Little Liars, Toothless from HTTYD, Henry/Terriermon/Guilmon from Digimon Tamers, and Godzilla [also known as Junior or Zilla Jr by the fandom] from the American cartoon Godzilla: The Series. I have fan dragons of Zilla, Charizard, Noivern, and two breeding pairs of Night Fury fan dragons)
[center][color=purple][font=Helvetica][size=4] So many faves. All of these are gonna be Xenoblade characters because that's what I'm obsessed with at the moment. [img]https://49.media.tumblr.com/8d197eef2766b6b403b5657a55f63bb9/tumblr_mmihiirnP11rhg2efo1_400.gif[/img] Let's start on this cutie here. Alvis from Xenoblade. There's so many reasons I love him. He speaks in this cryptic way, which I find really cool. He's also fairly mysterious and there's not a lot you know about him, which I absolutely love. Not to mention, he's got an amazing voice (kudos to his voice actor; you nailed it) and is absolutely beautiful. Plus he can be sassy at times. [img]https://45.media.tumblr.com/fe09b00bf9ad546be0ba82a2f093247a/tumblr_nyzzx8w5jA1rk63tbo4_400.gif[/img] [s]birb man[/s] Kailian here is also on my list of faves. He's just so gorgeous. He sometimes appears naive, and I've never really found a character like that before that I've liked. Kallian's also vigilant, which is something I love about him. I wish he had more screen time in the game, but he doesn't. I was actually hoping to change my username to Kallian, but it was taken, so I went for Alvis instead. To the person's whose username is Kallian, you've got a wonderful username! And one more! [img]http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/xenoblade/images/6/64/Melia.png[/img] Melia, Kallian's little sister. I have so much respect for Melia. So, so much respect. She goes through all this hardship, so much pain and heartbreak, yet she remains strong. She has so much to carry on her shoulders, yet she remains strong. And for that reason, she's among my favourites. I also love her personality and all. I find her absolutely adorable.
So many faves. All of these are gonna be Xenoblade characters because that's what I'm obsessed with at the moment.

tumblr_mmihiirnP11rhg2efo1_400.gif
Let's start on this cutie here. Alvis from Xenoblade. There's so many reasons I love him. He speaks in this cryptic way, which I find really cool. He's also fairly mysterious and there's not a lot you know about him, which I absolutely love. Not to mention, he's got an amazing voice (kudos to his voice actor; you nailed it) and is absolutely beautiful. Plus he can be sassy at times.

tumblr_nyzzx8w5jA1rk63tbo4_400.gif
birb man Kailian here is also on my list of faves. He's just so gorgeous. He sometimes appears naive, and I've never really found a character like that before that I've liked. Kallian's also vigilant, which is something I love about him. I wish he had more screen time in the game, but he doesn't.

I was actually hoping to change my username to Kallian, but it was taken, so I went for Alvis instead. To the person's whose username is Kallian, you've got a wonderful username!

And one more!

Melia.png
Melia, Kallian's little sister. I have so much respect for Melia. So, so much respect. She goes through all this hardship, so much pain and heartbreak, yet she remains strong. She has so much to carry on her shoulders, yet she remains strong. And for that reason, she's among my favourites. I also love her personality and all. I find her absolutely adorable.

WNKiucd.png
LEpJMnn.png
dT9HQge.png
bX96R21.png
UVJYCUl.png
Too many precious darlings. I could make an entire thread about my faves alone. For now, I'm just gonna leave this here. [img]http://savegameonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/masseffect3extendedcutjohn.jpg[/img] Do I really need to explain? I don't think so. John Shepard is the best and the way BioWare treats him is just... ugh.
Too many precious darlings.
I could make an entire thread about my faves alone.
For now, I'm just gonna leave this here.

masseffect3extendedcutjohn.jpg

Do I really need to explain?
I don't think so.
John Shepard is the best and the way BioWare treats him is just... ugh.
"Solas, have I ever wanted to hear one of your endless explanations? Ever."
[columns][img]https://i836.photobucket.com/albums/zz290/shinatsuhiko/ren/07.png[/img] [nextcol] my [s]boyfriend[/s] fave character, ren from dmmd but the game itself is nsfw at times so proceed w/ caution when looking it up[/columns] [center]bless this boy[/center] [center][img]http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2p7t2HIRA1ql14he.png[/img][/center] i mainly love him because of his chararacter development. at first it seems like he's nothing more than just a robotic fighter, but you learn that he is actually extremely emotional, taking care of the people he loves immensely. he also is a bit self conscious and needs reassurance, as well as doubting himself and his methods after being taken for granted for many, many years.
07.png my boyfriend fave character, ren
from dmmd but the game itself is nsfw at times so proceed w/ caution when looking it up
bless this boy
tumblr_m2p7t2HIRA1ql14he.png

i mainly love him because of his chararacter development. at first it seems like he's nothing more than just a robotic fighter, but you learn that he is actually extremely emotional, taking care of the people he loves immensely. he also is a bit self conscious and needs reassurance, as well as doubting himself and his methods after being taken for granted for many, many years.
2dumqon.jpg

they/them | med student
martial artist
@Grillbz
Oh yes you called

FirST!! is the Warden (??? NOBODY KNOWS HIS REAL NAME and it hurts me) of (an older (2007-2008ish-officially canceled oct '15, violent (WHEN I SAY VIOLENT LISTEN TO ME) cartoon, Superjail! (Also yes that ! Is most certaintly a !) and i must say im in serious l ove with hIM. His VOICE IS JUST. his voice. His voice is high pitched and it is good
Also rainbows and hes like a manchild and hes my bestest fic husband and i!!
And im extremely too protective at him! Too protective ughUGHughugHUGHUGH
Hes actually died THRICE in SJ! While it was around. It makes me really sad to even... Well... Im attached to just his name in general. Any Warden makes me think of THIS warden and i really cant do anything about it and also i die if even somebody else whom goes by Warden dies because THAT W A R D E N THO

Also i have more but.
@Grillbz
Oh yes you called

FirST!! is the Warden (??? NOBODY KNOWS HIS REAL NAME and it hurts me) of (an older (2007-2008ish-officially canceled oct '15, violent (WHEN I SAY VIOLENT LISTEN TO ME) cartoon, Superjail! (Also yes that ! Is most certaintly a !) and i must say im in serious l ove with hIM. His VOICE IS JUST. his voice. His voice is high pitched and it is good
Also rainbows and hes like a manchild and hes my bestest fic husband and i!!
And im extremely too protective at him! Too protective ughUGHughugHUGHUGH
Hes actually died THRICE in SJ! While it was around. It makes me really sad to even... Well... Im attached to just his name in general. Any Warden makes me think of THIS warden and i really cant do anything about it and also i die if even somebody else whom goes by Warden dies because THAT W A R D E N THO

Also i have more but.
T3TuubO.png
@dragoncrystal
oooo I remember watching that a few years ago! I dont remember that much about the show but yes the Warden was a++
@dragoncrystal
oooo I remember watching that a few years ago! I dont remember that much about the show but yes the Warden was a++
JvUa9ma.png
lCK29fT.png
pTgxHuT.png
ekwgPuo.png nmmNy1H.png
@Grillbz yeah!! q v q i also have a crush on future warden.

Also i have a few more but i gotta g O
@Grillbz yeah!! q v q i also have a crush on future warden.

Also i have a few more but i gotta g O
T3TuubO.png
1 2