Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Finding stories you wrote as a child
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 18
Okay, so I've always absolutely loved writing, and I still have a copy of the first actual book I ever actually finished on my laptop. I just can't bear to toss it out, though it deserves it. I think I finished it when I was around thirteen or fourteen, but had been writing on it for years prior. It was a shameless rip-off of The Lord of the Rings, except all the characters were dragons.

It was absolute rubbish, but it is absolutely hilarious to read it now. I tried very hard to put some world-building into dialogue, but I was so bad at it that the main character basically only existed to ask questions. It also featured a major character introduction more than halfway through, with no build-up whatsoever, another main character who only existed to spout exposition, and a secondary villain with an over-the-top French accent. The main villain isn't even introduced until the last ~20 pages, though at least I did mention him prior to that, so that's something. And the best part - this thing is almost three hundred pages long. I used to be proud of this.
Okay, so I've always absolutely loved writing, and I still have a copy of the first actual book I ever actually finished on my laptop. I just can't bear to toss it out, though it deserves it. I think I finished it when I was around thirteen or fourteen, but had been writing on it for years prior. It was a shameless rip-off of The Lord of the Rings, except all the characters were dragons.

It was absolute rubbish, but it is absolutely hilarious to read it now. I tried very hard to put some world-building into dialogue, but I was so bad at it that the main character basically only existed to ask questions. It also featured a major character introduction more than halfway through, with no build-up whatsoever, another main character who only existed to spout exposition, and a secondary villain with an over-the-top French accent. The main villain isn't even introduced until the last ~20 pages, though at least I did mention him prior to that, so that's something. And the best part - this thing is almost three hundred pages long. I used to be proud of this.
6ntc1cC.jpg
For some reason when I was in fourth grade, I was really liking science fiction stories so of course I decided to just go and write one.
It was awful and I had decided to illustrate it too. Here's little bits of the story.

"I am a mad scientist that is trying to get the clone of the sun here in the water, but I do not know how to make a machine that can make a double of something."

"He's always trying to do crazy things. Now he wants the sun. So he made a black metal hole that ate the sun."

"A four feet, green bunny, robot was talking with another four feet green bunny robot. One of them said "this is the plan. First, we suck up earth's water. No water. No people. No people. Planet for aliens."

"Then we must take our rocket, then throw our mini big star at earth!"

"Was there a way to stop his friends from being roasted and chopped into tiny pieces?" This line still confuses me.

"All the bears had fainted!"

"There was a snoring chipmunk on the floor."

I also put an intermission in the middle of the book.
For some reason when I was in fourth grade, I was really liking science fiction stories so of course I decided to just go and write one.
It was awful and I had decided to illustrate it too. Here's little bits of the story.

"I am a mad scientist that is trying to get the clone of the sun here in the water, but I do not know how to make a machine that can make a double of something."

"He's always trying to do crazy things. Now he wants the sun. So he made a black metal hole that ate the sun."

"A four feet, green bunny, robot was talking with another four feet green bunny robot. One of them said "this is the plan. First, we suck up earth's water. No water. No people. No people. Planet for aliens."

"Then we must take our rocket, then throw our mini big star at earth!"

"Was there a way to stop his friends from being roasted and chopped into tiny pieces?" This line still confuses me.

"All the bears had fainted!"

"There was a snoring chipmunk on the floor."

I also put an intermission in the middle of the book.
BILLIONS OF BLUE BLISTERING BARNACLES

K20cO1K.png
NEW: Pride Birdies!
[quote name="RoarofTime" date="2017-02-05 11:47:17" ] in 4th or 5th grade me and my friend were making jokes about how many times they used "the" in the new title for the planet of the apes movie, and we searched up every synonym for start and wrote them down: Cause of the Start of the Beginning of the Origins of the Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes at the time I think the movie coming out was Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes Not exactly a story but it was worth sharing [/quote] Thank you for sharing this wonderfulness with us.
RoarofTime wrote on 2017-02-05 11:47:17:
in 4th or 5th grade me and my friend were making jokes about how many times they used "the" in the new title for the planet of the apes movie, and we searched up every synonym for start and wrote them down:
Cause of the Start of the Beginning of the Origins of the Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes
at the time I think the movie coming out was Dawn of the Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Not exactly a story but it was worth sharing
Thank you for sharing this wonderfulness with us.
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
i wasn't that young, but i found a 3 years old hunter rowland fanfiction.
and just damn, i was a cringe fangirl af lmao
i wasn't that young, but i found a 3 years old hunter rowland fanfiction.
and just damn, i was a cringe fangirl af lmao
kazooing tumblr_inline_o8a1n4WeFX1u1uae0_500.gif angel
Oh, boy, do I have a story to share.
So when I was in late elementary school, we had to write what was essentially glorified fanfiction about our class and something crazy happening to break up the monotony that was school. In mine, I basically lowkey started a war against another kid and blamed it on my elementary school nemesis (well, this makes elementary school me seem mean, haha). One of my nerdy Minecraft-obsessed friends had a lunchbox that expanded into a secret underground lair (to which the password to enter was "Minecraft123"), and within the lair were portals to all of my fandoms. For maybe two or three pages we fought through various worlds and I somehow gained magical powers somewhere through there to shapeshift into a dragon and go invisible at will. The other kid transformed into some evil mutant demon unicorn and we started sword fighting in the cafeteria (don't ask me how a unicorn's hooves can hold a sword, because that is beyond me). All of a sudden, previously-mentioned Minecraft friend came in in some sort of giant mecha-sandwich suit and started attacking us both, so one of my generals/friends took a cannon and started firing balls of bread (cleverly nicknamed "breadballs") at the sandwich suit until the sandwich got decapitated, then my sandwich/Minecraft friend thanked me, but joined the enemy side because the sandwich suit turned him evil. Then we went to class, but everyone was throwing glitter and confetti everywhere and the teacher jumped out a window. Finally, the school bell rang and we all just... stopped fighting. Everyone was like, "that was fun, let's do that again sometime, what a great waste of a perfectly productive day, bye!" It was... interesting.
Oh, boy, do I have a story to share.
So when I was in late elementary school, we had to write what was essentially glorified fanfiction about our class and something crazy happening to break up the monotony that was school. In mine, I basically lowkey started a war against another kid and blamed it on my elementary school nemesis (well, this makes elementary school me seem mean, haha). One of my nerdy Minecraft-obsessed friends had a lunchbox that expanded into a secret underground lair (to which the password to enter was "Minecraft123"), and within the lair were portals to all of my fandoms. For maybe two or three pages we fought through various worlds and I somehow gained magical powers somewhere through there to shapeshift into a dragon and go invisible at will. The other kid transformed into some evil mutant demon unicorn and we started sword fighting in the cafeteria (don't ask me how a unicorn's hooves can hold a sword, because that is beyond me). All of a sudden, previously-mentioned Minecraft friend came in in some sort of giant mecha-sandwich suit and started attacking us both, so one of my generals/friends took a cannon and started firing balls of bread (cleverly nicknamed "breadballs") at the sandwich suit until the sandwich got decapitated, then my sandwich/Minecraft friend thanked me, but joined the enemy side because the sandwich suit turned him evil. Then we went to class, but everyone was throwing glitter and confetti everywhere and the teacher jumped out a window. Finally, the school bell rang and we all just... stopped fighting. Everyone was like, "that was fun, let's do that again sometime, what a great waste of a perfectly productive day, bye!" It was... interesting.
Wetdog | she/her | fr +3
I dug up a terrible , terrible Kid Icarus x Drawn To Life x Skyrim x FNAF x Fable x SSB x Gravity Falls fanfic I wrote when I was ten.
Some highlights include:
-My Mary Sue OC Zena (who i have thankfully developed by now) was able to shapeshift into a cat, a cobra and a dragon and also had lightning powers
-Theres a Raposa army (help)
-Dark Pit is actually an ancient demon who serves the underworld
-three more mary sues called Flamira, Rana and Salina, who ive also developed were all demon gods
-there were inserts of my actual friends
-also zenas mom was viridi and her dad was hades (H E L P)
-pit worked at Freddys
-bill cipher was in this

help me
I dug up a terrible , terrible Kid Icarus x Drawn To Life x Skyrim x FNAF x Fable x SSB x Gravity Falls fanfic I wrote when I was ten.
Some highlights include:
-My Mary Sue OC Zena (who i have thankfully developed by now) was able to shapeshift into a cat, a cobra and a dragon and also had lightning powers
-Theres a Raposa army (help)
-Dark Pit is actually an ancient demon who serves the underworld
-three more mary sues called Flamira, Rana and Salina, who ive also developed were all demon gods
-there were inserts of my actual friends
-also zenas mom was viridi and her dad was hades (H E L P)
-pit worked at Freddys
-bill cipher was in this

help me
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
Ahhh I love this thread. So many amazing stories. :P

When I was younger I was, surprise surprise, really into stories about dragons. In particular there was one YA book called Johnathan Dreamed of Dragons by a Newfoundland author, Gordon Francis. He came and visited our school and I was SO inspired that I decided to write my own book about dragons.

It was basically a complete knockoff of his book (to be fair, I must have been about 10, so...) but with one major twist!

In the original books, the underlying plot was about environmental damage (memory is foggy, but I think the main villain is called Ozone and he wants to eat the Ozone layer). In MY version, the dragons come to get this little girl who mysteriously has my sister's middle name and the point is about learning to be kind to others and to share.

My sister was a bit of a brat growing up and it always just MYSTIFIED my tiny self because... why wouldn't you want to be good to people??? So i wrote this little story to try to teach her to be kind and I also made a board game at one point out of card board.

My mom was SO supportive of my efforts. Probably TOO supportive - she actually tried to send out some of my tiny ten year old self's writing at one point to get published. No, it wasn't actually good, I wasn't a child prodigy... It was totally normal levels of 10 year old writing, just with a big dash of loving fantasy in there.
Ahhh I love this thread. So many amazing stories. :P

When I was younger I was, surprise surprise, really into stories about dragons. In particular there was one YA book called Johnathan Dreamed of Dragons by a Newfoundland author, Gordon Francis. He came and visited our school and I was SO inspired that I decided to write my own book about dragons.

It was basically a complete knockoff of his book (to be fair, I must have been about 10, so...) but with one major twist!

In the original books, the underlying plot was about environmental damage (memory is foggy, but I think the main villain is called Ozone and he wants to eat the Ozone layer). In MY version, the dragons come to get this little girl who mysteriously has my sister's middle name and the point is about learning to be kind to others and to share.

My sister was a bit of a brat growing up and it always just MYSTIFIED my tiny self because... why wouldn't you want to be good to people??? So i wrote this little story to try to teach her to be kind and I also made a board game at one point out of card board.

My mom was SO supportive of my efforts. Probably TOO supportive - she actually tried to send out some of my tiny ten year old self's writing at one point to get published. No, it wasn't actually good, I wasn't a child prodigy... It was totally normal levels of 10 year old writing, just with a big dash of loving fantasy in there.
WU8xZ8t.png .....

James
they/them
witchy queer
I remember that I made this terrible comic about a team of animal looking things that save the world everyday. I don't really remember the plot very well but I do remember the fact that the characters looked so stupid that they were the only things I remember from the comics. here's a drawing of two characters from memory: [img]https://i.imgur.com/rhD1kIK.png[/img]
I remember that I made this terrible comic about a team of animal looking things that save the world everyday. I don't really remember the plot very well but I do remember the fact that the characters looked so stupid that they were the only things I remember from the comics.
here's a drawing of two characters from memory:
rhD1kIK.png
0e339d30-3d6e-11e9-8895-1988d6584d7c.gifnew_piskel__4__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78euy.gifnew_piskel__2__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc6yqrm.gifnew_piskel__5__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc78stw.gifgamqog1.gifZksdOni.gifnew_piskel__3__by_justmoredragonstuff-dc74o4j.gifr2mttMy.gifGHWRE8R.gifyeetingingingign.gif
-In Kindergarten, I had this story where there were six (or five, I can't remember) tiny versions of me for some reason, and they all ran around doing stuff. The story ends with them getting chased out of an ant hole by a bunch of ants. I even drew a cover image for it in my notebook which I wasn't supposed to do.

-I did a series of stories taking place in a world populated by dragons. The first story basically went like this:

A random black dragon is chosen to be the embodiment of all things dark by this almighty god dragon who is known by the other dragons in the world as some sort of rapper or singer persona. The black dragon, being evil or something, accepts, and is now a powerful dark magic user who does absolutely nothing but lock himself up in his cave because that's what evil dragons do, I guess.

Now there's some teenage dragon and his mother, and he asks who his dad is. His mom tells him that his dad is the evil dark dragon of doom but she never felt like telling him until now. So the teen dragon goes to his dad and they have a father-son bonding day. The next day, the evil dark dragon gets a letter from rapper god saying he isn't allowed to be a powerful dark mage anymore because he isn't evil enough and has been replaced by evil dark dragon of doom 2.0.

The teen dragon isn't happy because his dad is sad now, so he goes to the literal actual god and tells him to hire his dad again. The god guy says, "Sorry but the spot's already taken. Can you settle for your dad being the leader of all powerful mages with all magic powers stronger than mine instead?" and the teen dragon is like, "ok cool". The not-evil-anymore dragon is happy, the teen dragon becomes a pirate, and the replacement evil dragon marries a magical light dragon, has a daughter, and moves in with her to a house on a hill.

-There's more, but this is already too long.
-In Kindergarten, I had this story where there were six (or five, I can't remember) tiny versions of me for some reason, and they all ran around doing stuff. The story ends with them getting chased out of an ant hole by a bunch of ants. I even drew a cover image for it in my notebook which I wasn't supposed to do.

-I did a series of stories taking place in a world populated by dragons. The first story basically went like this:

A random black dragon is chosen to be the embodiment of all things dark by this almighty god dragon who is known by the other dragons in the world as some sort of rapper or singer persona. The black dragon, being evil or something, accepts, and is now a powerful dark magic user who does absolutely nothing but lock himself up in his cave because that's what evil dragons do, I guess.

Now there's some teenage dragon and his mother, and he asks who his dad is. His mom tells him that his dad is the evil dark dragon of doom but she never felt like telling him until now. So the teen dragon goes to his dad and they have a father-son bonding day. The next day, the evil dark dragon gets a letter from rapper god saying he isn't allowed to be a powerful dark mage anymore because he isn't evil enough and has been replaced by evil dark dragon of doom 2.0.

The teen dragon isn't happy because his dad is sad now, so he goes to the literal actual god and tells him to hire his dad again. The god guy says, "Sorry but the spot's already taken. Can you settle for your dad being the leader of all powerful mages with all magic powers stronger than mine instead?" and the teen dragon is like, "ok cool". The not-evil-anymore dragon is happy, the teen dragon becomes a pirate, and the replacement evil dragon marries a magical light dragon, has a daughter, and moves in with her to a house on a hill.

-There's more, but this is already too long.
I made up a triangle-shaped chinchilla character and wrote a couple of stories about it.

Good times.
I made up a triangle-shaped chinchilla character and wrote a couple of stories about it.

Good times.
Check out my co-owned Wings of Fire themed hatchery! Z1mj4pe.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17 18