Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | How to: Save Currency/Save for Holidays
This thread is currently in a WIP stage.

Hello!
So, I have no impulse control what-so-ever, and I find it hard to save up. I've been making strategies, and here they are. This thread will probably be best for newbs, because other players may know these things. But if you don't, step right in, take a seat! :)

Navigation:
1. Oh, what a wonderful hoard! (all about the hoard)
2. Two-way street. (a strategy that could work two different ways- for treasure)
3. A gem a day keeps the doctor away! (gems- when and how to spend them).
4. It's a holly, jolly, Rockbreaker's Ceremony! (holiday currency- spending, saving, and about [NOT EXCLUSIVE TO THE ROCKBREAKER'S CEREMONY])
5. That dragon costs more than me... (Buying/selling dragons/items- what is the best for you?)

Questions? Don't be afraid to ask! I'm all ears. Just kidding, that would be weird if I was only an ear. But I am listening! Just ping me (@blossomruler).
This thread is currently in a WIP stage.

Hello!
So, I have no impulse control what-so-ever, and I find it hard to save up. I've been making strategies, and here they are. This thread will probably be best for newbs, because other players may know these things. But if you don't, step right in, take a seat! :)

Navigation:
1. Oh, what a wonderful hoard! (all about the hoard)
2. Two-way street. (a strategy that could work two different ways- for treasure)
3. A gem a day keeps the doctor away! (gems- when and how to spend them).
4. It's a holly, jolly, Rockbreaker's Ceremony! (holiday currency- spending, saving, and about [NOT EXCLUSIVE TO THE ROCKBREAKER'S CEREMONY])
5. That dragon costs more than me... (Buying/selling dragons/items- what is the best for you?)

Questions? Don't be afraid to ask! I'm all ears. Just kidding, that would be weird if I was only an ear. But I am listening! Just ping me (@blossomruler).
oQlTGMl.png
Hoard? Vault?
The Hoard is a place where all your stored/gathered/bought items can be seen (or sometimes used) in. You find it by going under "Clan" and clicking "Hoard". Once you are there you will be taken to your food items that have not been converted to food points yet. Food points are what you use to feed your dragons, and can be made by selecting food and pressing "Convert". You can change what items you would like to view at the top- where it says (in order): Food | Materials | Apparel | Familiars | Battle Items | Skins | Others. Click on the one you would like to go to.
Next to those options, on the right you will see a chest and a pile of gold with a sword in it. You see how it's colorful and the chest with a lock on it isn't? That signals where you are. If that has colors, you are in the Hoard. If the chest has colors, you are in the Vault. What's the difference? The hoard is where you sell/convert/use things, while the Vault is where you store things you would not like to be taken out of your possession as easily.
Let's say you are at Crim's Collection Cart, and she asks for Banded Dart Frog in exchange for 500 treasure (or 500 t). You want that frog for food, and forgot you had it because you don't see it every time you're in the hoard, because it's in the Vault. But if you want to convert that frog into food points, you'd have to go to the Vault, tell it to go to the hoard, click yes, find it, yadadada. See how getting it out is a bit more complex?
How would this help me with cash?
At the bottom of your Vault, you will see an icon with the symbol for treasure and next to it a symbol for gems, with each widget having a +/- sign. Click the + to deposit currency, and click the - to take it out. This will make you less tempted to use it, because it's harder to get out. Same with the one for gems, too. This is a good way to save up for an expensive lair expansion or holiday.
You can also sell items in the hoard. This is where you sell apparel, too. Don't do that. Selling directly from the hoard doesn't give you currency, if I remember right. Besides, if it does, you don't control the price of the object. Sell it in the Auction House (or AH). We will talk about how to do this in the section 5. But when you sell it there, you get whatever you want for it, and how long you want to wait for another player to buy it.
Hoard? Vault?
The Hoard is a place where all your stored/gathered/bought items can be seen (or sometimes used) in. You find it by going under "Clan" and clicking "Hoard". Once you are there you will be taken to your food items that have not been converted to food points yet. Food points are what you use to feed your dragons, and can be made by selecting food and pressing "Convert". You can change what items you would like to view at the top- where it says (in order): Food | Materials | Apparel | Familiars | Battle Items | Skins | Others. Click on the one you would like to go to.
Next to those options, on the right you will see a chest and a pile of gold with a sword in it. You see how it's colorful and the chest with a lock on it isn't? That signals where you are. If that has colors, you are in the Hoard. If the chest has colors, you are in the Vault. What's the difference? The hoard is where you sell/convert/use things, while the Vault is where you store things you would not like to be taken out of your possession as easily.
Let's say you are at Crim's Collection Cart, and she asks for Banded Dart Frog in exchange for 500 treasure (or 500 t). You want that frog for food, and forgot you had it because you don't see it every time you're in the hoard, because it's in the Vault. But if you want to convert that frog into food points, you'd have to go to the Vault, tell it to go to the hoard, click yes, find it, yadadada. See how getting it out is a bit more complex?
How would this help me with cash?
At the bottom of your Vault, you will see an icon with the symbol for treasure and next to it a symbol for gems, with each widget having a +/- sign. Click the + to deposit currency, and click the - to take it out. This will make you less tempted to use it, because it's harder to get out. Same with the one for gems, too. This is a good way to save up for an expensive lair expansion or holiday.
You can also sell items in the hoard. This is where you sell apparel, too. Don't do that. Selling directly from the hoard doesn't give you currency, if I remember right. Besides, if it does, you don't control the price of the object. Sell it in the Auction House (or AH). We will talk about how to do this in the section 5. But when you sell it there, you get whatever you want for it, and how long you want to wait for another player to buy it.
oQlTGMl.png
"Two-way street" strategy?
Yes. Made the name myself, hope you like it, haha! This strategy involves playing games and daily prizes mainly.
So, there are so many things you can do daily. Get money/prizes from Familiars, get a gem and some treasure for keeping your clan fed (we talk more about how this works in section 3), go to the Trading Post to sell/buy/answer Tomo, Gather Items and earn Chests, all that good stuff. You can get quite a bit of money from all of this. Of course, I'm not throwing out an exact number here, because Crim's Collection Cart asks for different/random items all the time, the Familiar levels may be different, you might be a different level on gathering, etc etc. But here's what I do: Whatever you get that morning in currency, SAVE IT! Every single coin. It'll help you in the long run. Tell yourself, "I can not take this out unless I need a lair expansion!"
Now you might be wondering how you will ever get currency. Well, at the Fairgrounds by playing games you will. The money you earn there is now the currency that you will use. And trust me, those games actually give you a lot of moolah. But you probably have a burning question while you're reading this:
When do I know how to save my treasure?
Here's what I do:
  • Get my daily treasure, put that all in the vault
  • open all chests earned unless needed to give away, put that treasure in the vault
  • Play games a lot, every 8-9k treasure earned goes in the vault
  • After some treasure has been put in the vault, you may stop and decide to use the extra money you earn that day towards items
Follow these rules and you'll have enough to get that cool lair expansion or that dragon that is really expensive but like, omg, you really need it, y'know?
"Two-way street" strategy?
Yes. Made the name myself, hope you like it, haha! This strategy involves playing games and daily prizes mainly.
So, there are so many things you can do daily. Get money/prizes from Familiars, get a gem and some treasure for keeping your clan fed (we talk more about how this works in section 3), go to the Trading Post to sell/buy/answer Tomo, Gather Items and earn Chests, all that good stuff. You can get quite a bit of money from all of this. Of course, I'm not throwing out an exact number here, because Crim's Collection Cart asks for different/random items all the time, the Familiar levels may be different, you might be a different level on gathering, etc etc. But here's what I do: Whatever you get that morning in currency, SAVE IT! Every single coin. It'll help you in the long run. Tell yourself, "I can not take this out unless I need a lair expansion!"
Now you might be wondering how you will ever get currency. Well, at the Fairgrounds by playing games you will. The money you earn there is now the currency that you will use. And trust me, those games actually give you a lot of moolah. But you probably have a burning question while you're reading this:
When do I know how to save my treasure?
Here's what I do:
  • Get my daily treasure, put that all in the vault
  • open all chests earned unless needed to give away, put that treasure in the vault
  • Play games a lot, every 8-9k treasure earned goes in the vault
  • After some treasure has been put in the vault, you may stop and decide to use the extra money you earn that day towards items
Follow these rules and you'll have enough to get that cool lair expansion or that dragon that is really expensive but like, omg, you really need it, y'know?
oQlTGMl.png
Wait, why are you talking about gems? You have to buy those with REAL money!
True. But at the same time, not true at all. You get a free one everyday for keeping your clan nice and fed. By keeping them fed for three consecutive+ days IN A ROW, you will begin to receive currency rewards. If you don't know how many days you have left until this, hover over the bar under your username and it'll tell you! That's also the bar that measures your clan overall. One of your currency rewards is a gem a day. Everyday, right after I get one, I usually hoard them. Once I have it hoarded, I don't take it out unless I need it to buy something. Soon enough, you will have quite a few, and being the premium form of currency, you will be able to buy better things with them.
Oh okay! Well, I guess I'll just go spend all my gems now-
NO no no noooo, don't do that. Why? Well, if it's in the Auction House, search for the item with treasure too! If it's cheeper and easier to buy it in treasure, do that. If not, and you think it's a really good deal, go ahead and buy it. I will talk about how to search for just treasure items in section 5. Just make sure you are getting a pretty good deal, because it's hard earning only a gem a day. You'll need to make a tight budget for yourself, especially if you are saving up for somethings special.
________________________________________________________________________________
A little note before we leave this post: Please consider actually buying gems if you have the money to. FR is mainly supported by ads from Hiveworks, and that's kinda it, besides some other things occasionally. If you want to keep FR fun and membership-less, it would be super nice to do that for them! But if you really can't afford it then don't worry about it. The prices for as many gems as they give you is actually pretty generous. You can buy gems under Shop. It literally says Purchase Gems. Thanks for reading!
Wait, why are you talking about gems? You have to buy those with REAL money!
True. But at the same time, not true at all. You get a free one everyday for keeping your clan nice and fed. By keeping them fed for three consecutive+ days IN A ROW, you will begin to receive currency rewards. If you don't know how many days you have left until this, hover over the bar under your username and it'll tell you! That's also the bar that measures your clan overall. One of your currency rewards is a gem a day. Everyday, right after I get one, I usually hoard them. Once I have it hoarded, I don't take it out unless I need it to buy something. Soon enough, you will have quite a few, and being the premium form of currency, you will be able to buy better things with them.
Oh okay! Well, I guess I'll just go spend all my gems now-
NO no no noooo, don't do that. Why? Well, if it's in the Auction House, search for the item with treasure too! If it's cheeper and easier to buy it in treasure, do that. If not, and you think it's a really good deal, go ahead and buy it. I will talk about how to search for just treasure items in section 5. Just make sure you are getting a pretty good deal, because it's hard earning only a gem a day. You'll need to make a tight budget for yourself, especially if you are saving up for somethings special.
________________________________________________________________________________
A little note before we leave this post: Please consider actually buying gems if you have the money to. FR is mainly supported by ads from Hiveworks, and that's kinda it, besides some other things occasionally. If you want to keep FR fun and membership-less, it would be super nice to do that for them! But if you really can't afford it then don't worry about it. The prices for as many gems as they give you is actually pretty generous. You can buy gems under Shop. It literally says Purchase Gems. Thanks for reading!
oQlTGMl.png
reserved
reserved
oQlTGMl.png
reserved
reserved
oQlTGMl.png
@blossomruler

Looking good so far. Quite detailed and easy to understand.
@blossomruler

Looking good so far. Quite detailed and easy to understand.
avAuMu2.png 025_zpsv0z8fu9j.png UHOkQbX.png
@Wolvnblues thank you! ^^
@Wolvnblues thank you! ^^
oQlTGMl.png
@blossomruler

Absolutely! :)
@blossomruler

Absolutely! :)
avAuMu2.png 025_zpsv0z8fu9j.png UHOkQbX.png