Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | data on Gathering item frequencies
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 102 103
@nika I got a lot of single stack turns today and a lot of them were shallow so I got pretty disappointed, but then a Moordwelling Trunker showed up so that made up for it!
@nika I got a lot of single stack turns today and a lot of them were shallow so I got pretty disappointed, but then a Moordwelling Trunker showed up so that made up for it!
FR time +9
They/Them
MjqG2rA.png
I'm apparently the unluckiest person in the world, as I still am not getting hummingbirds. I actually think I am getting fewer of them than I did before gathering was fixed. (I had stopped submitting data when it was fixed but then started again to make sure it wasn't just me imagining I was getting no hummingbirds.) I am about to level up to 25 in hunting without having enough for the trade yet. Not even close. (Granted, I think I started at level 7?) Sigh... Oh well. I guess I will keep hunting and hoping.
I'm apparently the unluckiest person in the world, as I still am not getting hummingbirds. I actually think I am getting fewer of them than I did before gathering was fixed. (I had stopped submitting data when it was fixed but then started again to make sure it wasn't just me imagining I was getting no hummingbirds.) I am about to level up to 25 in hunting without having enough for the trade yet. Not even close. (Granted, I think I started at level 7?) Sigh... Oh well. I guess I will keep hunting and hoping.
@Meredith44 Aww, sorry to hear that.
@Meredith44 Aww, sorry to hear that.
So since I got the Moordwelling Trunker yesterday I figured I could move to Earth to get the other one starting today. Well, I got it on the first turn. GG
So since I got the Moordwelling Trunker yesterday I figured I could move to Earth to get the other one starting today. Well, I got it on the first turn. GG
FR time +9
They/Them
MjqG2rA.png
Updated. A few more turns and I start fishing tomorrow.
Updated. A few more turns and I start fishing tomorrow.
Updated for today.
Updated for today.
Updated for today.
Updated for today.
@AboveClouds @Airedale @anodynified @Aristiana @Atropa @Azophel @AzuriDrak @Barker @Byatzine @Bwee @Cadwell @Charmens @Clocks @CobaltCupcakes @Culex @Darksilverhawk @doughtier @ParticleSoup @Ikunoche @Elai @Ev4 @Fallowsthorn @FilipPiekny @Fishcake @Fjaer @FrostHeart @icekind @Julis @Kiena @Lindulcis @LordGustoff @LostCure @Mags @Meredith44 @Ming @MissMokushiroku @NamedDame @Nevele @nika @objetsdart @Rhea @Saucydruid @Sedo @sharikak @snowy @Sonikki @Sorikai @Sylvandyr @Teletraan @Tompollicle @Vagrant @Wildcat @WhiteSparrow @HaleyLiz @MariahKoel @SlainCane @thipnip @Wobblegong @tetraodon @TwilightFlower @Jacq

I did a bit of analysis on whether the Gathering problem we found really is fixed - looks like it so far! See the "analysis 2 old-new" tab of the spreadsheet for a comparison of the old and new data, with graphs. Overall, the items within each star rarity category look way more even now. In specific happy news on Swipp ingredients, we now get like 3x more cobras/strikers than before, more ermines/ferrets, more maiden's blush, gradishes, and probably jadevines as well.

Also, interestingly, it looks like there's barely any difference between how often we get any single 1-star, 2-star and 3-star item. 4+ stars are way more rare, but 1-3 star ones seem to even out due to how Gathering works: first the RNG picks a rarity, with 1-star presumably being the most common and so on, and then it picks an item from that rarity, but 1-star has more items than 2-star and so on. So even though the chance of getting some 1-star item is higher than some 2-star item, the chance of getting any specific 1-star item and 2-star item is pretty similar, if that makes sense.
I should ask the admins whether that's intentional. (Or maybe I should keep quiet, lol...)

I should do a full analysis of just the new data sometime, too, to see if we can pick up any more discrepancies. And if anyone else feels like doing any analysis, feel free! Just add a tab to the spreadsheet.

(I only did the old-new comparison for Hunting and Foraging, since we don't have enough data for Fishing and InsectCatching, and Digging and Scavenging are too weird and messy for me to want to deal with, especially since I changed the way their spreadsheets work between the old and the new data. I'm guessing the fix should've worked equally for everything, but we can keep an eye out.)

ALSO: I updated the first post with a more general header and summary, now that this thread isn't focusing on one specific issue that has already been fixed. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Finally, a few specific requests:

@Sylvandyr you listed your level as 42 in Hunting - did you mean 24 or 25?

@Ruinia @Fallowsthorn @Mags Once again I ended up starting a long-running thread without reserving any extra posts after the first one... Would you mind deleting your first posts in this thread (just one per person) so I can re-use my responses to you as reserved posts for future stuff?
@AboveClouds @Airedale @anodynified @Aristiana @Atropa @Azophel @AzuriDrak @Barker @Byatzine @Bwee @Cadwell @Charmens @Clocks @CobaltCupcakes @Culex @Darksilverhawk @doughtier @ParticleSoup @Ikunoche @Elai @Ev4 @Fallowsthorn @FilipPiekny @Fishcake @Fjaer @FrostHeart @icekind @Julis @Kiena @Lindulcis @LordGustoff @LostCure @Mags @Meredith44 @Ming @MissMokushiroku @NamedDame @Nevele @nika @objetsdart @Rhea @Saucydruid @Sedo @sharikak @snowy @Sonikki @Sorikai @Sylvandyr @Teletraan @Tompollicle @Vagrant @Wildcat @WhiteSparrow @HaleyLiz @MariahKoel @SlainCane @thipnip @Wobblegong @tetraodon @TwilightFlower @Jacq

I did a bit of analysis on whether the Gathering problem we found really is fixed - looks like it so far! See the "analysis 2 old-new" tab of the spreadsheet for a comparison of the old and new data, with graphs. Overall, the items within each star rarity category look way more even now. In specific happy news on Swipp ingredients, we now get like 3x more cobras/strikers than before, more ermines/ferrets, more maiden's blush, gradishes, and probably jadevines as well.

Also, interestingly, it looks like there's barely any difference between how often we get any single 1-star, 2-star and 3-star item. 4+ stars are way more rare, but 1-3 star ones seem to even out due to how Gathering works: first the RNG picks a rarity, with 1-star presumably being the most common and so on, and then it picks an item from that rarity, but 1-star has more items than 2-star and so on. So even though the chance of getting some 1-star item is higher than some 2-star item, the chance of getting any specific 1-star item and 2-star item is pretty similar, if that makes sense.
I should ask the admins whether that's intentional. (Or maybe I should keep quiet, lol...)

I should do a full analysis of just the new data sometime, too, to see if we can pick up any more discrepancies. And if anyone else feels like doing any analysis, feel free! Just add a tab to the spreadsheet.

(I only did the old-new comparison for Hunting and Foraging, since we don't have enough data for Fishing and InsectCatching, and Digging and Scavenging are too weird and messy for me to want to deal with, especially since I changed the way their spreadsheets work between the old and the new data. I'm guessing the fix should've worked equally for everything, but we can keep an eye out.)

ALSO: I updated the first post with a more general header and summary, now that this thread isn't focusing on one specific issue that has already been fixed. Let me know if you have any other suggestions!

Finally, a few specific requests:

@Sylvandyr you listed your level as 42 in Hunting - did you mean 24 or 25?

@Ruinia @Fallowsthorn @Mags Once again I ended up starting a long-running thread without reserving any extra posts after the first one... Would you mind deleting your first posts in this thread (just one per person) so I can re-use my responses to you as reserved posts for future stuff?
@nika It's good that it looks fixed, finally! Thanks for taking the initiative on getting hard data. I've deleted my first post on the first page c:
@nika It's good that it looks fixed, finally! Thanks for taking the initiative on getting hard data. I've deleted my first post on the first page c:
I'm on FR time! Pronouns: she/her
Accents | Tumblr | Commissions
Excerpts from a Longneck Journal - beastclans-POV illustrated fic, finished
tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kdumWg7l1qlye38.gif tumblr_inline_n6kduh3u891qlye38.gif
Big round of applause for you, for getting the admins to fix the problem!
Big round of applause for you, for getting the admins to fix the problem!
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
1 2 ... 27 28 29 30 31 ... 102 103