Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Batton Down the Hatches?
Ahoy fellow sky-pirates (we're dragons... we can fly, right?)

Anyone else getting some rather sudden and wholly unexpected hatchlings of the Lag-o-saurus breed? I'm running into the infamous Error 503's
Ahoy fellow sky-pirates (we're dragons... we can fly, right?)

Anyone else getting some rather sudden and wholly unexpected hatchlings of the Lag-o-saurus breed? I'm running into the infamous Error 503's
p9sn.pngENABLE ME! CLICK HERE!LET ME TOUCH YOUR STONES!p9sn.png
I've gotten about half a dozen 503s in the past half an hour x_x I can't even get into my hoard, the lag is so bad...
I've gotten about half a dozen 503s in the past half an hour x_x I can't even get into my hoard, the lag is so bad...
New item released... might need some optimization tweaking? I bet the color changes are making a significant amount of database calls. Definitely lagging a lot more than yesterday.
New item released... might need some optimization tweaking? I bet the color changes are making a significant amount of database calls. Definitely lagging a lot more than yesterday.
Same thing, I really want to go to the Coli but the site is taking 5 mins for foram posts
Same thing, I really want to go to the Coli but the site is taking 5 mins for foram posts
I'm doing what I can to help limit lag (no more mulit-tab explosions on the forums) but, yeah, the site's essentially unplayable at the moment.

There's a good chance it does have to do with the new scatter scrolls. Hopefully by tomorrow or Monday everyone will have gotten it out of their system.
I'm doing what I can to help limit lag (no more mulit-tab explosions on the forums) but, yeah, the site's essentially unplayable at the moment.

There's a good chance it does have to do with the new scatter scrolls. Hopefully by tomorrow or Monday everyone will have gotten it out of their system.
The scatter scrolls seem a tad silly to me. They're more expensive than most Eggs, and are functionally the same thing
The scatter scrolls seem a tad silly to me. They're more expensive than most Eggs, and are functionally the same thing
p9sn.pngENABLE ME! CLICK HERE!LET ME TOUCH YOUR STONES!p9sn.png
Same thing here. Yesterday this site was working amazing well but today not so much...

@LordOfD I've seen a lot of people use scatter scroll on rarer breeds particularly Imperials. Eggs on the other hand will only get you a starter breed. I've also seen people use it on their progenitors which they are emotionally attached to or dragons who are trained and have battle stones for the coliseum. So there are some uses for it.
Same thing here. Yesterday this site was working amazing well but today not so much...

@LordOfD I've seen a lot of people use scatter scroll on rarer breeds particularly Imperials. Eggs on the other hand will only get you a starter breed. I've also seen people use it on their progenitors which they are emotionally attached to or dragons who are trained and have battle stones for the coliseum. So there are some uses for it.
ECNdq9d.png
[quote name="LordOfD" date="2013-08-15 13:29:14"]The scatter scrolls seem a tad silly to me. They're more expensive than most Eggs, and are functionally the same thing[/quote] They seem mostly useful for rare breeds with good genes, but ugly colors. You can get an ugly gened rare from the AH for cheap, use the random scroll on it and gamble on getting a better color combo that would've cost you more otherwise.
LordOfD wrote on 2013-08-15 13:29:14:
They seem mostly useful for rare breeds with good genes, but ugly colors. You can get an ugly gened rare from the AH for cheap, use the random scroll on it and gamble on getting a better color combo that would've cost you more otherwise.
It has nothing to do with the new scrolls. I've got backup on the way to help with the lag beast. We have the power to do it, I'm just trying to get that power put to work.
It has nothing to do with the new scrolls. I've got backup on the way to help with the lag beast. We have the power to do it, I'm just trying to get that power put to work.
Flight Rising Developer
Best Artist Not Allowed to Art | Business Ops | Engineering