Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | the nitty gritty of fodder flipping
Alright, so fodder flipping/buying those reject dergs and training them to sell for money.

It's my main source of income. It's a popular way to profit.

I wanna know... what are your guys' tips and tricks? (If you don't mind sharing, that is.) Know anything that makes this whole business more efficient?

I've been doing this awhile and I'd love to learn something new! Enlighten me~
I've taken advantage of the Den and have been slowly booting my permas into there so my Lair is open to shuttle fodder in and out whenever convenient.

As for selling, I always wait for Dom battles/pushes to get a guaranteed profit and I only sell to flights when I have dergs with the bonuses of that day.
Alright, so fodder flipping/buying those reject dergs and training them to sell for money.

It's my main source of income. It's a popular way to profit.

I wanna know... what are your guys' tips and tricks? (If you don't mind sharing, that is.) Know anything that makes this whole business more efficient?

I've been doing this awhile and I'd love to learn something new! Enlighten me~
I've taken advantage of the Den and have been slowly booting my permas into there so my Lair is open to shuttle fodder in and out whenever convenient.

As for selling, I always wait for Dom battles/pushes to get a guaranteed profit and I only sell to flights when I have dergs with the bonuses of that day.
Gsc8y3C.png
i'm more of a buyer/exalter, but since the den's been out, i've stocked up on hatchlings and have shoved em in til they're adults

it's not that much profitable anymore to simply flip, tbh, what with the hatchling floor at where it is now (it could just be the consecutive weeks of conquest pushes or the den allowing more fodder space or both, who knows).

you can make the most profit sniping fodder; sometimes there'll be adults put up for < 5 g/kt, but you kinda have to sit around for a while in wait.

i would flip if the profit is greater/equal to at least 3-4g/kt (ie. you buy for 4g, sell for 8g). otherwise, level and sell/exalt :P
i'm more of a buyer/exalter, but since the den's been out, i've stocked up on hatchlings and have shoved em in til they're adults

it's not that much profitable anymore to simply flip, tbh, what with the hatchling floor at where it is now (it could just be the consecutive weeks of conquest pushes or the den allowing more fodder space or both, who knows).

you can make the most profit sniping fodder; sometimes there'll be adults put up for < 5 g/kt, but you kinda have to sit around for a while in wait.

i would flip if the profit is greater/equal to at least 3-4g/kt (ie. you buy for 4g, sell for 8g). otherwise, level and sell/exalt :P
xb036Bv.png
» jockey
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png
5hF3FGk.png
@jockey - That's what I meant, aha. Fodder only leaves my lair when it's Level 7. I kinda just called it fodder flipping for convenience :P

Yeah, what's up with the rising floor?! I swear it was at 4g a week ago
@jockey - That's what I meant, aha. Fodder only leaves my lair when it's Level 7. I kinda just called it fodder flipping for convenience :P

Yeah, what's up with the rising floor?! I swear it was at 4g a week ago
Gsc8y3C.png
@LiNaan I Think The Hibernal Den Is The Reason Fodder Prices Are Higher
@LiNaan I Think The Hibernal Den Is The Reason Fodder Prices Are Higher
I agree with most of what jockey said, I think the hatchling floor might quieten down eventually though when hatching catches up with the new den space.

I do have a rule for myself to only buy hatchlings around the 5kt mark or below. Any higher than that is reserved for pushes. Same with adults, obviously the higher you buy the less profit you make so time it when pushes are set to occur and snipe the week before (eg, I believe the microholiday will increase prices due to the exp bonus).
I agree with most of what jockey said, I think the hatchling floor might quieten down eventually though when hatching catches up with the new den space.

I do have a rule for myself to only buy hatchlings around the 5kt mark or below. Any higher than that is reserved for pushes. Same with adults, obviously the higher you buy the less profit you make so time it when pushes are set to occur and snipe the week before (eg, I believe the microholiday will increase prices due to the exp bonus).
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
i tend to hatch ny own fodder; my progens have been spitting out eggs since day one lol. It tskes some time but i dont know if its very profitable tbh.
But fodder prices atm are the prices of adults like a couple weeks ago? saw some in the ah for 7 gems or 6k t
i tend to hatch ny own fodder; my progens have been spitting out eggs since day one lol. It tskes some time but i dont know if its very profitable tbh.
But fodder prices atm are the prices of adults like a couple weeks ago? saw some in the ah for 7 gems or 6k t
JvT6zxD.png
frt +16
@Xirei - That's my rule too. Anything above and I just cringe, even if it's for pushes. I never buy adults unless they are hatchling priced. I'd rather wait for hatchies to grow up and make a lil more profit that way :P

@MetalSpaghetti - That would make sense. Guess we should be thankful it's not any higher than what it is.
@Xirei - That's my rule too. Anything above and I just cringe, even if it's for pushes. I never buy adults unless they are hatchling priced. I'd rather wait for hatchies to grow up and make a lil more profit that way :P

@MetalSpaghetti - That would make sense. Guess we should be thankful it's not any higher than what it is.
Gsc8y3C.png
@greaticy - I don't want my progens to be permanently scarred with a million fodder babes so when I do breed fodder, it's with trash dergs that will end up being fodder themselves.

I've been thinking of actually establishing a couple Common breeding pairs but eh.... too lazy...

And yeah, stupid prices are risinggg
@greaticy - I don't want my progens to be permanently scarred with a million fodder babes so when I do breed fodder, it's with trash dergs that will end up being fodder themselves.

I've been thinking of actually establishing a couple Common breeding pairs but eh.... too lazy...

And yeah, stupid prices are risinggg
Gsc8y3C.png
I'm not huge on buying fodder hatchlings anymore since the floor is so high, so I invested in some visually pretty plentiful dragons for fodder breeding pairs. I have 15 pairs, which allow me to hatch a nest every day (as long as I keep up with incubating/breeding at the right time). Then I just wait for them to grow up so I can level + exalt them!

I'm slowly shoving my permas in the HD so I have plenty of space just in case a wave of cheap fodder goes up :O
I'm not huge on buying fodder hatchlings anymore since the floor is so high, so I invested in some visually pretty plentiful dragons for fodder breeding pairs. I have 15 pairs, which allow me to hatch a nest every day (as long as I keep up with incubating/breeding at the right time). Then I just wait for them to grow up so I can level + exalt them!

I'm slowly shoving my permas in the HD so I have plenty of space just in case a wave of cheap fodder goes up :O
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o2_75sq.png
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o2_r2_250.gif
tumblr_otmyhkjv3F1v8lm95o1_75sq.png
I've bought hatchling fodder for a while and the hatchling floor basically rose by 2g

It's probably all thanks to the hibernal den and it may not go down unless people start breeding dragons more (but there's such a ton of antipathy towards breeding on this site)
I've bought hatchling fodder for a while and the hatchling floor basically rose by 2g

It's probably all thanks to the hibernal den and it may not go down unless people start breeding dragons more (but there's such a ton of antipathy towards breeding on this site)
tastefulmarketing.gif