Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Deadliest Region?
1 2 3
[quote=CrAZDragon] The Windswept Plateau Fairly friendly No I'm not biased why do you ask Although there's not much cover, so you'l be spotted quickly. Unless you run from bamboo clump to bamboo clump?[/quote] There is a giant tornado in the middle of the territory. If I had to pick a deadliest region though, the Scarred Wasteland is a good bet. Plague dragons are canonically savage as hell (their preferred treasure is literally the bones of their enemies), the area is littered with disease, and there's a literal vat of sickness in the region.
CrAZDragon wrote:
The Windswept Plateau Fairly friendly No I'm not biased why do you ask Although there's not much cover, so you'l be spotted quickly. Unless you run from bamboo clump to bamboo clump?

There is a giant tornado in the middle of the territory.

If I had to pick a deadliest region though, the Scarred Wasteland is a good bet. Plague dragons are canonically savage as hell (their preferred treasure is literally the bones of their enemies), the area is littered with disease, and there's a literal vat of sickness in the region.
Bluefin Charger Fin » cal
» he/they
» FR+0
___________________________________________ Q5wOe0Z.gif
@CrAZDragon I HAVE BEEN SUMMONED FOR THERE IS CONCEPTUAL LORE TO TALK ABOUT. [indent]The Southern Icefield Frostbite and hypthermia make this are HIGHLY deadly. Avoid. [/indent] The icefeilds are also a horiabol place because much of it is falling appart. The native dragons there that dwell need specalized coats to survive. Even their god has overly long hairs on the bottom of his feet. And when you look at any snow animal they do not have long hairs to keep themselves warm. Rather shortish coats. All that hair for a normal animal would add uneeded weight when walking through the snow. So it is THAT cold for the dragons to even walk without "inventions" that they needed to evolve and or where created by icewarden to be that cold within that given area. [indent]The Scarred Wasteland Nope. Disease runs rampant. The average magicless human will get sick and die very quickly.[/indent] It's not so much of the Disease runs rampate. There is a lot of wild life all things considered. Canolicaly there is the mire that rests in there and that place is relatively green. No, what is dangerus is the wildlife that does live there that MAKES it such a hostal place. Its the dragons whom bring in the dessieses, such as plaugebringer. Because of her all other wild life had to evolve to combat her being able to control the micro organisms. from stricktly a humans perspective they could actualy very well survive in that area if they have sirvivla skills. that and know how to purify things such as YOU MUST cook your food and YOU MUST boil your water CONSTENTLY. you cant eat ANYTHING RAW out there. if you can have a steady suply of uncomdanimated food then all that there is left is shelter to worry about and here are plenty of corps and hiding holes to be in. Heck given that it is an equivelent of a desirt i bet there are a LOT of tunnles to survive in. Heck that place even has cures so clearly non plague dragons can survive that area. Its the magic / wildlife that makes the land hostal. And tbh if you got all your vagsination shots before you went i think you'd be fine. Risky but not as deadly as some of the other areas. It'd just be hard very hard. but not imposiabol. nothing there natively outside of the other wildlife can kill you instantly. [indent]The Windswept Plateau Fairly friendly No I'm not biased why do you ask Although there's not much cover, so you'l be spotted quickly. Unless you run from bamboo clump to bamboo clump? [/indent] yeah friendly … but then you get to The Twisting Crescendo [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/wind_2.png[/img] Which is really big. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/region_wind.jpg[/img] really big just to draw some comarison [img]https://www.thesun.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/ad-composite-hurricane.jpg[/img] That huricain that knocked out the power from an whole island? Super deadly? [img]http://texashillcountry.com/wp-content/uploads/21317953_10207705105864526_8968377522332401481_n-660x400.jpg[img] and its the size of texus? [img]https://i.imgur.com/mh34zEd.png[/img] This is the world map hyper imposed on planet earth. And keep in mind sornieth is 1.5 times the size of our planet earth. The Twisting Crescendo can distroy 2/3rds of brazil. Irma aint got [i]nothing[/i] on it. [b]Nothing[/b] [i]and it's just, chilling there my dude[/i] [u]windsinger willingly throws you in there by the way he's the deffinition of get gud[/u] AND THIS IMAGE ISNT EVEN SHOWING IT AT ITS FULL SIZE [indent]Ashfall Waste Very hot. Heat stroke would be common, not to mention possible lava geysers. [/indent] Did you know, some lava vents can be poisonous. From a humans perspective you would not want to go there period advoid it like the pluage. all the ash can make you sick. Stepping in the wrong area will kill you just being near vents will meltyou alive theres little water and from all that heat you'll die from lack of water. [indent]Sea of a Thousand Currents I see three options here. Get speared by Maren, drown, or get picked up by a dragon. Although the Maren might adopt you, who knows? [/indent] drowning well… [quote]The kelp beds is a level 25 coliseum venue. This contested territory is heavily patrolled by Maren beastmen who guard it from draconic encroachment. Dragons who test their skills in this underwater venue are protected by a large bubble, a blessing of The Windsinger.[/quote] Though windsinger is a compleat buttface when it comes to his own flight hes nice enough for you not to drown down there so i think you could live down there well enough so long as you are blessed by windsinger. Second that blessing is gone your dead tho. [indent]Tangled Wood Actually not bad, in my opinion. Lots of cover, although finding non-poisonous food might be hard.[/indent] [img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9QjARWd5a84/T3OXHJJbe1I/AAAAAAAAA34/OVtLNvwpMvI/s190/nod-of-approval.gif[/img] [indent]Shifting Expanse Nope. Desert means no water, and you're very likely to be electrocuted. [/indent] [img]https://i.imgur.com/9vye4SL.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UKZxaLt.png[/img] [quote][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/lightning_0.png[/img] [b] Highland Scrub [/b]An arid stretch of land that can be considered the region's most docile area. Low shrubbery clings to life in a place where moisture is precious, and hundreds of species of lizard and carrion bird clamor for supremacy in the wind and heat. Cactus plants provide well-wandering dragons with water enough to find the next shady spot.[/quote] and yeah the lightning would be dangerous but there ARE lighting towers so honestly your safe there! honestly the only thing you have to worry about is equitment falior and stormcatcher when he yells [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2239281/1#post_2239281]Given that he's most likely the size of godzilla and godzillas roars have been stated to make any human lose hearing within a close enough area…[/url] [indent]Sunbeam Ruins When the dragons catch you, you will be studied. But you can probably evade capture for quite a while by hiding in all the ruins. Sunburn is a risk though. Skin cancer. Not fun. [/indent] I mean…… you could have just a darker pigment of skin and then the cancer is pretty much nothing to you. Its only bad for us white folk just to be real with you. XD Black don't crack. I once had a teacher who did get sumburn however and he had no idea why he was hurting, so darker pigment skin CAN get it its just harder for them. That said there are plenty of natural ailments to help protect agenst the suns rays. [indent]Dragonhome Rather barren. Hard to find food, and little shelter. Although there aren't as many dragons here, so it's a little safer in that regard.[/indent] and i think any dragons you would find there would be nonconforontational and or offer you a lift if they're a snapper pack so [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/XreQmk7ETCak0/giphy.gif[/img] [indent]Viridian Labyrinth Probably depends on the area. Shrieking Wilds would not be very safe, what with hungry critters and sneks and all that. Although I bet there's plenty of food.[/indent] [i]wildclaws only eat meat tho so they'd be very likely to eat you[/i] but outside of that yeah. [img]https://i.giphy.com/media/3oz8xYDXC6tPagWYZq/giphy.gif[/img] [indent]Starfall Isles Like Light, you will be studied. All the residual magic might alter you though, which could be good or bad. If you're a sciencey person you should be safe with the dragons. [/indent] PHHPPHPHPP PLEASE SCIENCE?! THATS LIGHTNING HONEY. one word about the starfall isles [item=pink chalcedony] cancer. so much cancer. [item=fallout whisper] [b]You'd die of radiation poisoning before you could even say Thanks Arcanist.[/b] and to comment on just a whole, a language barriror is just that, a barriror any human and or sentiant being can get over it. @Ivythorn [b]you'd be taller than a fae[/b] Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!) @ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @Reiyn, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @Jakekitty, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @Shaydas, @ColoradoBlues ,@Drakion @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO, @Cheshly, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @Dalison, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin
@CrAZDragon

I HAVE
BEEN SUMMONED
FOR THERE IS CONCEPTUAL LORE TO TALK ABOUT.

The Southern Icefield Frostbite and hypthermia make this are HIGHLY deadly. Avoid.

The icefeilds are also a horiabol place because much of it is falling appart. The native dragons there that dwell need specalized coats to survive. Even their god has overly long hairs on the bottom of his feet. And when you look at any snow animal they do not have long hairs to keep themselves warm. Rather shortish coats. All that hair for a normal animal would add uneeded weight when walking through the snow.
So it is THAT cold for the dragons to even walk without "inventions" that they needed to evolve and or where created by icewarden to be that cold within that given area.

The Scarred Wasteland Nope. Disease runs rampant. The average magicless human will get sick and die very quickly.

It's not so much of the Disease runs rampate. There is a lot of wild life all things considered. Canolicaly there is the mire that rests in there and that place is relatively green. No, what is dangerus is the wildlife that does live there that MAKES it such a hostal place. Its the dragons whom bring in the dessieses, such as plaugebringer. Because of her all other wild life had to evolve to combat her being able to control the micro organisms.
from stricktly a humans perspective they could actualy very well survive in that area if they have sirvivla skills. that and know how to purify things such as YOU MUST cook your food and YOU MUST boil your water CONSTENTLY. you cant eat ANYTHING RAW out there.
if you can have a steady suply of uncomdanimated food then all that there is left is shelter to worry about and here are plenty of corps and hiding holes to be in. Heck given that it is an equivelent of a desirt i bet there are a LOT of tunnles to survive in. Heck that place even has cures so clearly non plague dragons can survive that area.

Its the magic / wildlife that makes the land hostal. And tbh
if you got all your vagsination shots before you went i think you'd be fine. Risky but not as deadly as some of the other areas. It'd just be
hard
very hard.
but not imposiabol.
nothing there natively outside of the other wildlife can kill you instantly.

The Windswept Plateau Fairly friendly No I'm not biased why do you ask Although there's not much cover, so you'l be spotted quickly. Unless you run from bamboo clump to bamboo clump?
yeah
friendly

but then you get to The Twisting Crescendo
wind_2.png

Which is
really big.
region_wind.jpg
really big

just to draw some comarison
ad-composite-hurricane.jpg
That huricain that knocked out the power from an whole island? Super deadly?
21317953_10207705105864526_8968377522332401481_n-660x400.jpg[img]and its the size of texus?[/img]mh34zEd.png
This is the world map hyper imposed on planet earth. And keep in mind sornieth is 1.5 times the size of our planet earth.
The Twisting Crescendo can distroy 2/3rds of brazil. Irma aint got nothing on it. Nothing
and it's just, chilling there my dude
windsinger willingly throws you in there by the way
he's the deffinition of get gud

AND THIS IMAGE ISNT EVEN SHOWING IT AT ITS FULL SIZE

Ashfall Waste Very hot. Heat stroke would be common, not to mention possible lava geysers.

Did you know, some lava vents can be poisonous.
From a humans perspective you would not want to go there
period
advoid it like the pluage.
all the ash can make you sick.
Stepping in the wrong area will kill you
just being near vents will meltyou alive
theres little water and from all that heat you'll die from lack of water.

Sea of a Thousand Currents I see three options here. Get speared by Maren, drown, or get picked up by a dragon. Although the Maren might adopt you, who knows?

drowning well…
Quote:
The kelp beds is a level 25 coliseum venue. This contested territory is heavily patrolled by Maren beastmen who guard it from draconic encroachment. Dragons who test their skills in this underwater venue are protected by a large bubble, a blessing of The Windsinger.
Though windsinger is a compleat buttface when it comes to his own flight hes nice enough for you not to drown down there so i think you could live down there well enough so long as you are blessed by windsinger.
Second that blessing is gone your dead tho.

Tangled Wood Actually not bad, in my opinion. Lots of cover, although finding non-poisonous food might be hard.

nod-of-approval.gif

Shifting Expanse Nope. Desert means no water, and you're very likely to be electrocuted.

9vye4SL.png
UKZxaLt.png
Quote:
lightning_0.png
Highland Scrub An arid stretch of land that can be considered the region's most docile area. Low shrubbery clings to life in a place where moisture is precious, and hundreds of species of lizard and carrion bird clamor for supremacy in the wind and heat. Cactus plants provide well-wandering dragons with water enough to find the next shady spot.

and yeah the lightning would be dangerous but there ARE lighting towers so honestly your safe there! honestly the only thing you have to worry about is equitment falior and stormcatcher when he yells Given that he's most likely the size of godzilla and godzillas roars have been stated to make any human lose hearing within a close enough area…

Sunbeam Ruins When the dragons catch you, you will be studied. But you can probably evade capture for quite a while by hiding in all the ruins. Sunburn is a risk though. Skin cancer. Not fun.
I mean…… you could have just a darker pigment of skin and then the cancer is pretty much nothing to you. Its only bad for us white folk just to be real with you. XD
Black don't crack. I once had a teacher who did get sumburn however and he had no idea why he was hurting, so darker pigment skin CAN get it its just harder for them. That said there are plenty of natural ailments to help protect agenst the suns rays.

Dragonhome Rather barren. Hard to find food, and little shelter. Although there aren't as many dragons here, so it's a little safer in that regard.

and i think any dragons you would find there would be nonconforontational and or offer you a lift if they're a snapper pack so
giphy.gif

Viridian Labyrinth Probably depends on the area. Shrieking Wilds would not be very safe, what with hungry critters and sneks and all that. Although I bet there's plenty of food.

wildclaws only eat meat tho so they'd be very likely to eat you

but outside of that yeah.
giphy.gif

Starfall Isles Like Light, you will be studied. All the residual magic might alter you though, which could be good or bad. If you're a sciencey person you should be safe with the dragons.

PHHPPHPHPP PLEASE SCIENCE?! THATS LIGHTNING HONEY.

one word about the starfall isles
Pink Chalcedony
cancer. so much cancer.
Fallout Whisper
You'd die of radiation poisoning before you could even say Thanks Arcanist.

and to comment on just a whole, a language barriror is just that, a barriror any human and or sentiant being can get over it.

@Ivythorn
you'd be taller than a fae

Lore buddy ping list: (add me as a friend and comment on my profile page to be added!)
@ArtsyDragon7, @Kawootie, @Reiyn, @GlitterDCMarvel, @WhySoDelirious, @Jakekitty, @Amyatzu, @JadeMagic, @CrystalRush, @Leopardmask, @violalore, @bowserslave, @Ellapinky, @JumpScared, @JadeFlame, @Duskflame, @TheElfDruid,@Rinwood,@DiamondNoodles,@3idolon,@Kaibutsu,@DarkwingDove, @Shaydas, @ColoradoBlues ,@Drakion @ClockworkEclipse, @SleepyChipmunk @Sabriel415, @DarkVSO,
@Cheshly, @WhiteDiamond ,@RingsofSaturn, @Dalison, @MagicSpyglass,@Rocwylde, @Artificiary,@ILUVDRAGONS, @throwaway181,@L2B,@Kittystar,@riseandshine, @luminousnoble, @Spottedleaves1,@Gaming4Lyfe @MiniDrachin
ary22F6.gif5nBi9J2.gifOfF9Gci.gif
The Tangled Woods: good luck not getting yourself impaled on thorns in almost complete darkness
Quote:
Foxfire Bramble
The gnarled, twisting shapes of the Foxfire Bramble are sinister against the moonlight, and provide excellent defense to the clans that have painstakingly dug themselves hearths within. Beneath the crushing, thorny knots are some of the darkest places in the realm, and it is nearly impossible for even nocturnal creatures to see more than a few feet in front of them.
The Tangled Woods: good luck not getting yourself impaled on thorns in almost complete darkness
Quote:
Foxfire Bramble
The gnarled, twisting shapes of the Foxfire Bramble are sinister against the moonlight, and provide excellent defense to the clans that have painstakingly dug themselves hearths within. Beneath the crushing, thorny knots are some of the darkest places in the realm, and it is nearly impossible for even nocturnal creatures to see more than a few feet in front of them.
fSyuKaw.png -Crystal
-she/her
-FR+9
-secretly three sloths in a trenchcoat
[quote] Starfall Isles Like Light, you will be studied. All the residual magic might alter you though, which could be good or bad. If you're a sciencey person you should be safe with the dragons. PHHPPHPHPP PLEASE SCIENCE?! THATS LIGHTNING HONEY. one word about the starfall isles [item=pink chalcedony] cancer. so much cancer. You'd die of radiation poisoning before you could even say Thanks Arcanist.[/quote] I was about to mention this, the starfall isles are radioactive.
Quote:
Starfall Isles Like Light, you will be studied. All the residual magic might alter you though, which could be good or bad. If you're a sciencey person you should be safe with the dragons.

PHHPPHPHPP PLEASE SCIENCE?! THATS LIGHTNING HONEY.

one word about the starfall isles
Pink Chalcedony
cancer. so much cancer.

You'd die of radiation poisoning before you could even say Thanks Arcanist.
I was about to mention this, the starfall isles are radioactive.

Hi! I'm Jake or Rads
lwN7WD5.png FRT+9 | he/him

accent shop
xx Silhouette of a flying dragon
I think in Wind you'd get swept away
I think in Wind you'd get swept away
Yuck for Maladroid
Mjst3dY.giftumblr_mh8u2lVSY01qd20j8o1_250.gif
My takes:

Tbh I think light would be pretty fine and dandy as long as you didn't get rekt by whatever mystery lies in the Hewn City. So if I went to my home I'd survive if my clan didn't eat me for food.

Ice- extreme hypothermia and the flipping ground is falling apart. avoid.

Nature- Most parts might be pretty okay to wander around in as long as you didn't get trampled by wildlife or eaten by Wildclaws.

Wind- IRMA NO.

Shadow- I mean you could probably wander around the edges and be fine. Just be really careful, and avoid these brambles yo, they'd impale a human.

Lightning- With all these towers you'd probably be mostly safe from strikes... But get out your desert survival gear fam, you gonna need it

Plague- Bring your vaccines kids. And take your survival classes. And a shovel to dig a hole to hide in.

Water- If you're a good swimmer you'd be okay close to the beaches. Don't go diving, that trench looks dangerous.

Fire- IT'S A FLIPPING VOLCANIC DEATH AREA NO DO NOT WANT

Earth- Literally a rocky plain. Survival skills part 2. You might get smashed by a snapper though. also stay away from that mine place.

Arcane- Last but not least, you will die of so much radiation.

My personal opinions:
Safest: Light
Most Dangerous: Tie between Fire and Arcane
My takes:

Tbh I think light would be pretty fine and dandy as long as you didn't get rekt by whatever mystery lies in the Hewn City. So if I went to my home I'd survive if my clan didn't eat me for food.

Ice- extreme hypothermia and the flipping ground is falling apart. avoid.

Nature- Most parts might be pretty okay to wander around in as long as you didn't get trampled by wildlife or eaten by Wildclaws.

Wind- IRMA NO.

Shadow- I mean you could probably wander around the edges and be fine. Just be really careful, and avoid these brambles yo, they'd impale a human.

Lightning- With all these towers you'd probably be mostly safe from strikes... But get out your desert survival gear fam, you gonna need it

Plague- Bring your vaccines kids. And take your survival classes. And a shovel to dig a hole to hide in.

Water- If you're a good swimmer you'd be okay close to the beaches. Don't go diving, that trench looks dangerous.

Fire- IT'S A FLIPPING VOLCANIC DEATH AREA NO DO NOT WANT

Earth- Literally a rocky plain. Survival skills part 2. You might get smashed by a snapper though. also stay away from that mine place.

Arcane- Last but not least, you will die of so much radiation.

My personal opinions:
Safest: Light
Most Dangerous: Tie between Fire and Arcane
XOxv5KE.png
I'm voting the Scarred Wasteland for human insta-death zone. Avoid at all costs.
Right after that Southern Icefields, Shifting Expanse and the Ashfall Waste. The temperatures are incompatible with human survival. Avoid as much as possible.
Dragonhome, the Sunbeam Ruins, the Tangled Woods, the Starfall Isle, the Viridian Labyrinth and the Sea of a Thousand Currents might be survivable for some time depending on run ins with local flora and fauna and friendliness of the dragonclans encountered there.
And the windswept plateau might be the best for human survival. Build your human habitat there. Try not to get blown away though.
I'm voting the Scarred Wasteland for human insta-death zone. Avoid at all costs.
Right after that Southern Icefields, Shifting Expanse and the Ashfall Waste. The temperatures are incompatible with human survival. Avoid as much as possible.
Dragonhome, the Sunbeam Ruins, the Tangled Woods, the Starfall Isle, the Viridian Labyrinth and the Sea of a Thousand Currents might be survivable for some time depending on run ins with local flora and fauna and friendliness of the dragonclans encountered there.
And the windswept plateau might be the best for human survival. Build your human habitat there. Try not to get blown away though.
9-F6-B0762-E746-471-B-9-A5-C-C2-D0-B32-B0-BB9.png
Since Plaguebringer is always churning out diseases from the Wyrmwound, vaccines wouldn't really be available for those new diseases, only ones that have been isolated and studied. It takes a looooong time to develop a vaccine. And humans wouldn't have any resistance to those diseases either since it would be our first time encountering them. So a dragon might survive a little while because they might have been exposed to those diseases and developed antibodies but if a human stepped foot into the Scarred Wasteland, they'd be killed quickly. I imagine it's probably not the most pleasant way to die either. You could wear a hazmat suit but that would be ripped to shreds when the fauna attacks you.
Since Plaguebringer is always churning out diseases from the Wyrmwound, vaccines wouldn't really be available for those new diseases, only ones that have been isolated and studied. It takes a looooong time to develop a vaccine. And humans wouldn't have any resistance to those diseases either since it would be our first time encountering them. So a dragon might survive a little while because they might have been exposed to those diseases and developed antibodies but if a human stepped foot into the Scarred Wasteland, they'd be killed quickly. I imagine it's probably not the most pleasant way to die either. You could wear a hazmat suit but that would be ripped to shreds when the fauna attacks you.
MUYNhfy.png
VPnffeY.png
Achillean (NB Achillean flag)
rix3ppo.png
WKtl2lb.png
J7D1quC.png
l4bF82r.pngR9wtXaf.pngiZMfJug.pngwE8InSj.pngBjG9OOU.pnga6YPmbH.gif47CqiMq.gif
ASbXVY4.png
bYt72YT.png
tqGkHih.png
4SE4T9N.png
KrIo0N3.png
t6zNkmJ.png
9JeQCtz.png
The Grill, the various deserts and the Sniffles region.
The Grill, the various deserts and the Sniffles region.
Ashfall Waste & The Southern Icefield.
Ashfall Waste & The Southern Icefield.
1 2 3