Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Crying...? Yes.-Edit, not crying anymore
1 2
Am I crying right now?? YES. YES I AM. I'M HONESTLY TRUTHFULLY CRYING RIGHT NOW All because I... [i]Ohhh....[/i] I was just updating my fan dragon's bio after watching an episode of Once Upon a Time... The bio that took me hours upon hours to code.... And... And I forgot that. I forgot that if you put < or > then.... everything would be wiped after it... The worst part [i]is[/i], I put the 3:< at the very tippy top of the bio... Everything.... Everything I wrote, all that coding, everything, [i]gone....[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33234819] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/332349/33234819_350.png[/img] [/url] I know it's kinda ridiculous, but I am honestly crying right now. I had worked [i]so hard [/i]on that bio format, so hard, and I had put more work into it than any other bio before, and now.... I.... Does, maybe...? I don't suppose there's anyway at all for me to recover it....? I tried hitting backspace, but all it said was "Confirm form re-submission" and when I went past that, it just took me to him again with a destroyed deleted bio.... Is there anyway, anyway at all in the world possible for me to somehow get it back...? EDIT: Thank you everyone for the advice for future bio writing and sympathy. Mutron said that there might be a way for the admins to get it restored! :D If for some reason they're not able to, I'll just have to recode it, which shouldn't be too difficult, even if it takes awhile! Let this be a reminder to other bio writers: Save your work somewhere. And don't use < or > in your bios.
Am I crying right now?? YES. YES I AM. I'M HONESTLY TRUTHFULLY CRYING RIGHT NOW

All because I... Ohhh....

I was just updating my fan dragon's bio after watching an episode of Once Upon a Time... The bio that took me hours upon hours to code.... And... And I forgot that. I forgot that if you put < or > then.... everything would be wiped after it...

The worst part is, I put the 3:< at the very tippy top of the bio... Everything.... Everything I wrote, all that coding, everything, gone....

33234819_350.png

I know it's kinda ridiculous, but I am honestly crying right now. I had worked so hard on that bio format, so hard, and I had put more work into it than any other bio before, and now....

I.... Does, maybe...? I don't suppose there's anyway at all for me to recover it....? I tried hitting backspace, but all it said was "Confirm form re-submission" and when I went past that, it just took me to him again with a destroyed deleted bio.... Is there anyway, anyway at all in the world possible for me to somehow get it back...?

EDIT: Thank you everyone for the advice for future bio writing and sympathy. Mutron said that there might be a way for the admins to get it restored! :D If for some reason they're not able to, I'll just have to recode it, which shouldn't be too difficult, even if it takes awhile!

Let this be a reminder to other bio writers: Save your work somewhere. And don't use < or > in your bios.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

Ohhh, I have no idea but you have all my sympathy.

*proffers cup of tea*
Ohhh, I have no idea but you have all my sympathy.

*proffers cup of tea*
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Lightning

Thank you. Tea is awesome.

I've calmed down now. I guess all there is left to do is the coding, tomorrow. I know where to get the images I need again, and I have the "bio/words" (or the beginning version of what turned into the bio) jotted down on a notepad from when I first tried to figure out what I'd write, so guess it isn't a complete loss, though it felt like it in the moment.

Who knows, maybe this time I'll make it better than before, and since I know what I'll be doing, it might not take so long.

Note to self: Remember to never use <> in a bio again.
@Lightning

Thank you. Tea is awesome.

I've calmed down now. I guess all there is left to do is the coding, tomorrow. I know where to get the images I need again, and I have the "bio/words" (or the beginning version of what turned into the bio) jotted down on a notepad from when I first tried to figure out what I'd write, so guess it isn't a complete loss, though it felt like it in the moment.

Who knows, maybe this time I'll make it better than before, and since I know what I'll be doing, it might not take so long.

Note to self: Remember to never use <> in a bio again.
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

It's good to hear you haven't lost everything. :)
It's good to hear you haven't lost everything. :)
177499lightofknowledge2.png
@Spottedleaf125
You definitely have all my sympathy as well. This is the worst. D:
Maybe though, rather than trying to remember not to use those symbols, as well as avoid the familiar bonding issue... it might be worth it to save your bios on the side into a separate text document.
@Spottedleaf125
You definitely have all my sympathy as well. This is the worst. D:
Maybe though, rather than trying to remember not to use those symbols, as well as avoid the familiar bonding issue... it might be worth it to save your bios on the side into a separate text document.
@Spottedleaf125 I'm so sorry this happened to you! Please send us a support ticket via Contact Us, and we will see what we can do about restoring the bio from a backup. It may take a bit, but I think we can help you out!
@Spottedleaf125 I'm so sorry this happened to you! Please send us a support ticket via Contact Us, and we will see what we can do about restoring the bio from a backup. It may take a bit, but I think we can help you out!
Flight Rising Engineering Team

Flight Rising Knowledge Base
Flight Rising Rules & Policies
@Morigan

I'll definitely remember to do that in the future, I thought I did have it saved, but it was only the beginnings of the bio

@Mutron

Oh my goodness, really?? :D That's awesome!! Thank you so much! ^^ I'll totally send a ticket now! Thank you!!!
@Morigan

I'll definitely remember to do that in the future, I thought I did have it saved, but it was only the beginnings of the bio

@Mutron

Oh my goodness, really?? :D That's awesome!! Thank you so much! ^^ I'll totally send a ticket now! Thank you!!!
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
Yeah, stuff like that happens. I learned this the hard way too. Good luck with the restoration though!
@Spottedleaf125
Yeah, stuff like that happens. I learned this the hard way too. Good luck with the restoration though!
I'm so sorry to hear that :(

In the future, might want to try writing the bio up in a word processor first. That way even if the bio messes up, you'll still have it.
I'm so sorry to hear that :(

In the future, might want to try writing the bio up in a word processor first. That way even if the bio messes up, you'll still have it.
The RNG taketh, and the RNG taketh more. The RNG does not give.
Hoard style apparel guide (!image heavy!)
Small art shop!
@spottedleaf125
You have all my sympathy...
It took me 2 out-of-battery situations to teach me a lesson: write everything on google drive.
Google drive autosaves everything for you, I think it also allows you to preview bbcode(I forgot where to activate this mode tho, my friend showed me once)
@spottedleaf125
You have all my sympathy...
It took me 2 out-of-battery situations to teach me a lesson: write everything on google drive.
Google drive autosaves everything for you, I think it also allows you to preview bbcode(I forgot where to activate this mode tho, my friend showed me once)
eiwITiZ.png
1 2