Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dragon Calendar
1 2
I made a post a while back talking about my headcanon for Sornieth's calendar and since then I've made some adjustments and I would like to know yall's opinion.

Sornieth runs on a twelve-year cycle (with one month for us = one year for them) , with roughly four months in each year that end in a month long celebration. Each twelve years is known as an Era.

Years

January: Year of Frost / Year of the Collector

February: Year of Mirth / Year of the Trickster

March: Year of Gales / Year of the Traveller

April: Year of Tides / Year of the Oracle

May: Year of Growth / Year of the Druid

June: Year of knowlege / Year of the Scholar (/ Year of the Emperor)

July: Year of Storms / Year of the Engineer

August: Year of Embers / Year of the Craftsmen

September: Year of Magic / Year of the Mage (/ Year of the Downfall)

October: Year of Pestilence / Year of the Persistent

November: Year of Remembrance (/ Year of Homecoming) / Year of the Pillar

December: Year of Rest (/ Year of the Nocturne)

Eras

Era of Sprites
Era of Guardians
Era of Acolytes
Era of Goblins (current)

-Notes-

The names shown for the years are listed informal / formal (/name only a few or a certain group might use).

Dragons when stating their age will also state the (formal)year and era they were born in as well.

-edit-

The cycle begins at Knowledge.

Eras are named after the familiars that get released that cycle.

-extra thoughts-

Beastclans might use a more traditional twelve month calendar similar to our own, marking their years in relation to when the Arcanist woke up (possibly B.D. and A.D. for Before Downfall and After Downfall).
I made a post a while back talking about my headcanon for Sornieth's calendar and since then I've made some adjustments and I would like to know yall's opinion.

Sornieth runs on a twelve-year cycle (with one month for us = one year for them) , with roughly four months in each year that end in a month long celebration. Each twelve years is known as an Era.

Years

January: Year of Frost / Year of the Collector

February: Year of Mirth / Year of the Trickster

March: Year of Gales / Year of the Traveller

April: Year of Tides / Year of the Oracle

May: Year of Growth / Year of the Druid

June: Year of knowlege / Year of the Scholar (/ Year of the Emperor)

July: Year of Storms / Year of the Engineer

August: Year of Embers / Year of the Craftsmen

September: Year of Magic / Year of the Mage (/ Year of the Downfall)

October: Year of Pestilence / Year of the Persistent

November: Year of Remembrance (/ Year of Homecoming) / Year of the Pillar

December: Year of Rest (/ Year of the Nocturne)

Eras

Era of Sprites
Era of Guardians
Era of Acolytes
Era of Goblins (current)

-Notes-

The names shown for the years are listed informal / formal (/name only a few or a certain group might use).

Dragons when stating their age will also state the (formal)year and era they were born in as well.

-edit-

The cycle begins at Knowledge.

Eras are named after the familiars that get released that cycle.

-extra thoughts-

Beastclans might use a more traditional twelve month calendar similar to our own, marking their years in relation to when the Arcanist woke up (possibly B.D. and A.D. for Before Downfall and After Downfall).
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
@FlightHopper
Nice I tend to name the months by the first part fo teh festival name (Brightshine/Thundercrack/etc). My question would be does the cycle start with Frost or Knowledge? Cause half the time I'm sure that their new year is in June since it's teh anniversary and the first festival was Light.
@FlightHopper
Nice I tend to name the months by the first part fo teh festival name (Brightshine/Thundercrack/etc). My question would be does the cycle start with Frost or Knowledge? Cause half the time I'm sure that their new year is in June since it's teh anniversary and the first festival was Light.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
@IronPen

Yes the cycle would start at Knowledge since it was the first festival (and thus when new festival familiars and apparel get introduced).
@IronPen

Yes the cycle would start at Knowledge since it was the first festival (and thus when new festival familiars and apparel get introduced).
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
@FlightHopper

This is a super cool idea! I really like it! I'm gonna keep this link, gonna see if I can use this.
@FlightHopper

This is a super cool idea! I really like it! I'm gonna keep this link, gonna see if I can use this.
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals
| | LF eggs:
@cherryj016

Happy to hear that you like it! Do pm me if you have any questions.
@cherryj016

Happy to hear that you like it! Do pm me if you have any questions.
S9yIg1.pngX21w01.png
27ag51.png
AoWiY1.pngKF6iE1.png
It would make the breeding and hatch cooldowns make a little more sense. Nothing breeds every 2 weeks except mice.
It would make the breeding and hatch cooldowns make a little more sense. Nothing breeds every 2 weeks except mice.
Vniov4Q_d.jpg zdfOwv8.png2YFg8Im.png
I likey
I likey
Frankenstein3.jpg
This idae is very interesting
how long does their day last to us?
This idae is very interesting
how long does their day last to us?
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
Dude..

This is so cool. I'm going to have to ping myself for later.

@LostVices
Dude..

This is so cool. I'm going to have to ping myself for later.

@LostVices
tumblr_inline_pi905v48pa1rhxln1_100.png - She/Her
- FR Time
- 20 y/o
- Wishlist
1EVlM.gif FsbHk.gif
@FlightHopper
@Mashabely

I always equaled a day to the amount of Gathering Turns, so either 10:1 or 15:1, maybe 18:1 at most due to the text when you gather saying your dragons have they've spent a day gathering.
@FlightHopper
@Mashabely

I always equaled a day to the amount of Gathering Turns, so either 10:1 or 15:1, maybe 18:1 at most due to the text when you gather saying your dragons have they've spent a day gathering.
zBb62uZ.pngkiukE70.png1.png
1 2