Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Will Ice exist in the future?
1 2 3 4
Lore wise, do you think Ice will completely melt away? Canonically fire is dumping lava into the ocean and right under that is Ice. Lightning is also probably polluting the ocean with waste from power production and that probably melts away even more. It says the Icewarden is fighting threats, but how effective is it?
I'm just curious for your thoughts on it.
Lore wise, do you think Ice will completely melt away? Canonically fire is dumping lava into the ocean and right under that is Ice. Lightning is also probably polluting the ocean with waste from power production and that probably melts away even more. It says the Icewarden is fighting threats, but how effective is it?
I'm just curious for your thoughts on it.
I think the glaciers in Ice territory is on are magically sealed there. I mean, if [item=Eternal Snow] can last forever, I'm sure Icewarden's extended the blessing to all of his land.
I think the glaciers in Ice territory is on are magically sealed there. I mean, if Eternal Snow can last forever, I'm sure Icewarden's extended the blessing to all of his land.
18880fa67fd73aab211edb30cbc19b73.gif
Ah, good point.
Ah, good point.
WELL MAYBE ALL THE BURNING AND POWER PLANTS WILL RELEASE ENOUGH GREENHOUSE GASES TO TRIGGER AN ICE AGE

WE JUST DONT KNOW
WELL MAYBE ALL THE BURNING AND POWER PLANTS WILL RELEASE ENOUGH GREENHOUSE GASES TO TRIGGER AN ICE AGE

WE JUST DONT KNOW
QQnBZuq.gif
@Icewarden
Thoughts? Comments? Can your kingdom defrost?
@Icewarden
Thoughts? Comments? Can your kingdom defrost?
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
Probably not tbh

I mean I live in Canada, we're not slowly melting off from our ecstatic neighbours in the south so I think the Icefields are fine
Probably not tbh

I mean I live in Canada, we're not slowly melting off from our ecstatic neighbours in the south so I think the Icefields are fine
sh5xjiu.pngtqGkHih.png
mtHAEL4.pngMHHKqsF.png
vMooiXU.pngk7p86mU.png
KwxLkEj.pngoczO35g.png
nfy0IrS.pngq9EEy5M.png
@OffensiveTitles

To be fair to Fire I'm pretty sure you can't change a volcano's trajectory XD
@OffensiveTitles

To be fair to Fire I'm pretty sure you can't change a volcano's trajectory XD
93fkMbU.png Lljxkv3.gif My username isn't a reference to Borderlands 2, got it from the killer doll episode of The Twilight Zone! SsBvTtd.gif BiBear.png
@Tinytalkingtina
All I have to say about this is 'magic'. I think they could manage if they really wanted. XD
@Tinytalkingtina
All I have to say about this is 'magic'. I think they could manage if they really wanted. XD
Chasing Memories, a Pinkerlocke
Free Cauldron Lvl 10
From the world map: [quote]The massive, frosted expanse of the Southern Icefield once enveloped the entire lower hemisphere, rivaling the size of the continents watching from above. The Icewarden and his brood now resist northern threats from the glacial prisons that they maintain at the bottom of the world. This harsh landscape has embittered generations of its denizens over time, lending to increasing hostility towards outsiders as the landmass continues to shrink.[/quote] [quote][b]Frigid Floes[/b] This gleaming field of floes is a fleeting reminder of the former size and glory of the Southern Icefield, which once rivaled expanse of the northern continent. Recent warm weather and intrusions from the children of Fire and Lightning have contributed to the fractured landscape, each conflict pushing the puzzle pieces further apart.[/quote] No, I don't think Ice will vanish completely as long as the Icewarden still has some amount of influence over his domain, but it does seem that everyone down in the Southern Icefield is in a bit of trouble thanks to Fire and Lightning slowly chipping away at their territory. It'd be an interesting lore update if one day the Icewarden decided to push back...
From the world map:
Quote:
The massive, frosted expanse of the Southern Icefield once enveloped the entire lower hemisphere, rivaling the size of the continents watching from above. The Icewarden and his brood now resist northern threats from the glacial prisons that they maintain at the bottom of the world. This harsh landscape has embittered generations of its denizens over time, lending to increasing hostility towards outsiders as the landmass continues to shrink.
Quote:
Frigid Floes
This gleaming field of floes is a fleeting reminder of the former size and glory of the Southern Icefield, which once rivaled expanse of the northern continent. Recent warm weather and intrusions from the children of Fire and Lightning have contributed to the fractured landscape, each conflict pushing the puzzle pieces further apart.

No, I don't think Ice will vanish completely as long as the Icewarden still has some amount of influence over his domain, but it does seem that everyone down in the Southern Icefield is in a bit of trouble thanks to Fire and Lightning slowly chipping away at their territory.

It'd be an interesting lore update if one day the Icewarden decided to push back...
On the other hand, volcanoes injecting sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere will cause cooling as sulfur dioxide reflects sunlight.
With the constant presence of lava in Fire, however, i think that Fire is doing damage to Ice than helping it.
On the other hand, volcanoes injecting sulfur dioxide into the atmosphere will cause cooling as sulfur dioxide reflects sunlight.
With the constant presence of lava in Fire, however, i think that Fire is doing damage to Ice than helping it.
plusle.gif
1 2 3 4