Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | G1 pings- Time for an overhaul?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
UPDATE: OVERHAUL WAS A GO AND IS NOW COMPLETE! [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1KvbTEQYMXYyZVZCOnzAARDVVa7c1TMFGxDEbXJ0uo1g/edit?usp=sharing]Here's the "new" general pinglist!![/url] Pinged old specifics list on 2/9, page 17. [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VdFzANfSMcw41WAcUma0P4-5DC3DlbaTPe5aDJl1oiY/edit?usp=sharing]Here is my personal backup.[/url] Original post below ---- Hey there everybody. I was cruising the g1 pings and I was suddenly extremely frustrated by the doubles listings, and everyone in the skype group complains every time they have to weed out the doubles list. **I am talking about g1 doubles and not double pings here. So I organized it. and then I kept noticing..extremely specific restrictions. The sorts that..really belong in the specifics list. But the specifics list is an entirely other google document. So why not just combine the two? And: can we please band together to fix the specifics page? Something BAD happened to it, I think it needs purged and just re-done entirely. I don't know if the two lists are separate for a reason or not? But I feel like it would be way more streamlined for people trying to figure things out to just be able to use one list? I have created a mockup spreadsheet [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CKI2OIVZ2r62gCSrQ1kfov3-eLnt65fYIASE8_ykTzw/edit?usp=sharing]here[/url]. I can either take all of the information from the old sheets and apply it to this one, or simply update the currently existing spreadsheet with all of this formatting if people are uncomfortable with the creation of a new gdoc. The mockup is largely just to show what kind of tabs/separation could be used for the sheets. What do we think, everyone? I found a lot of support for this idea in the gen1 skype group, but this is not something I would ever undertake without larger consensus. Yes, I'm pinging [i]everyone[/i] (probably multiple times, to [u][b]prove the no more double pings thing[/b][/u]) because this would be an overhaul that effects every single person on this list. Have some screenshots from my mockup [img]http://puu.sh/mNVYB/646b6a3bf6.png[/img] [img]http://puu.sh/mNVXY/5834072d03.png[/img]
UPDATE: OVERHAUL WAS A GO AND IS NOW COMPLETE!
Here's the "new" general pinglist!!

Pinged old specifics list on 2/9, page 17.

Here is my personal backup.

Original post below
----
Hey there everybody. I was cruising the g1 pings and I was suddenly extremely frustrated by the doubles listings, and everyone in the skype group complains every time they have to weed out the doubles list.
**I am talking about g1 doubles and not double pings here.

So I organized it.

and then I kept noticing..extremely specific restrictions. The sorts that..really belong in the specifics list.
But the specifics list is an entirely other google document.

So why not just combine the two?
And: can we please band together to fix the specifics page? Something BAD happened to it, I think it needs purged and just re-done entirely.
I don't know if the two lists are separate for a reason or not? But I feel like it would be way more streamlined for people trying to figure things out to just be able to use one list?

I have created a mockup spreadsheet here.

I can either take all of the information from the old sheets and apply it to this one, or simply update the currently existing spreadsheet with all of this formatting if people are uncomfortable with the creation of a new gdoc.
The mockup is largely just to show what kind of tabs/separation could be used for the sheets.

What do we think, everyone? I found a lot of support for this idea in the gen1 skype group, but this is not something I would ever undertake without larger consensus.

Yes, I'm pinging everyone (probably multiple times, to prove the no more double pings thing) because this would be an overhaul that effects every single person on this list.

Have some screenshots from my mockup

646b6a3bf6.png

5834072d03.png
iOAzfdC.giftDeKDnH.pngh9RKTmz.gif
i second this!! if it was a little more organized and complete i would consider adding my name to it, but ive avoided doing so because of how many double pings occur. maybe a minute concern but so irritating @_@
i second this!! if it was a little more organized and complete i would consider adding my name to it, but ive avoided doing so because of how many double pings occur. maybe a minute concern but so irritating @_@
8dtZ7nB.png
@Verscilith

Didn't the admits recently fix the double ping so that if you were pinged twice in the same post, you only got one ping?
@Verscilith

Didn't the admits recently fix the double ping so that if you were pinged twice in the same post, you only got one ping?
NY105Sx.gif
Well I'm 100000% for this. I came back to the lists in just utter disrepair and kinda went with it. Would be nice to see lists that actually make sense again.
Well I'm 100000% for this. I came back to the lists in just utter disrepair and kinda went with it. Would be nice to see lists that actually make sense again.
4gOhMzr.png Lore/Misc:

Clan An Duin
Progenitor Dross
Epsilon's Archives
Naomi Breeders Inc.

|
|
|
|
|
|
|
WdyTW3r.png
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Shops:

Error: File not Found
Naomi Blood Hatchery
FR Item/CS Item Shop
Art Shop WIP
6 Digit G1s For Sale

ToTPy94.png
I didn't even realize I was on the Gen one pinglist haha, I'd be cool with a revamp though nonetheless, it was becoming crazier every time I checked it.
I didn't even realize I was on the Gen one pinglist haha, I'd be cool with a revamp though nonetheless, it was becoming crazier every time I checked it.
XJdRh.gif4bgzb.gifIO6Vh.gif7u9fJ.gifWkUFl.gifjciq3.gif
It's been a while since I've looked at the pinglist, but doesn't that now mean that people are going to be pinged several times if they're under several lists?
It's been a while since I've looked at the pinglist, but doesn't that now mean that people are going to be pinged several times if they're under several lists?
h4uz0mr.gif
@Verscilith

It would be easier to use the original form for special requests (Since I run accent shops and the form of GASP never shows special requests)

Also according to my experience if I pinged someone twice in the same post there will only be one notification bumped out?
@Verscilith

It would be easier to use the original form for special requests (Since I run accent shops and the form of GASP never shows special requests)

Also according to my experience if I pinged someone twice in the same post there will only be one notification bumped out?
3_by_ordif-dauf0bm.png
@Tag Double pings are a thing of the past friend!

@Nonstop Correct! Thus the big message about 'no more double pings' on the front page of my mockup sheet

@Vyraal o/ yes! I looked at the specifics sheet and...cringed. and weeding all of the specifics is a nightmare. i divided it into sections, but... we could be doing better.

@MoonEyedMeljah honestly i don't remember seeing you, you might be in an odd part of the sheet like g2 imps or contests or something (which I also grabbed because we're talking about the wholesale destruction of the 'main' document)
@Tag Double pings are a thing of the past friend!

@Nonstop Correct! Thus the big message about 'no more double pings' on the front page of my mockup sheet

@Vyraal o/ yes! I looked at the specifics sheet and...cringed. and weeding all of the specifics is a nightmare. i divided it into sections, but... we could be doing better.

@MoonEyedMeljah honestly i don't remember seeing you, you might be in an odd part of the sheet like g2 imps or contests or something (which I also grabbed because we're talking about the wholesale destruction of the 'main' document)
Oh, it seems that there was an update so we don't get multiple pings for the same post any more?

If so then I'm all for it - I keep on getting pinged for XYX so making a clear distinction would be nice (I can see how the letter combinations all seem very similar when in a small font).
Oh, it seems that there was an update so we don't get multiple pings for the same post any more?

If so then I'm all for it - I keep on getting pinged for XYX so making a clear distinction would be nice (I can see how the letter combinations all seem very similar when in a small font).
h4uz0mr.gif
@Tetraodon Yes! I tested it myself, one ping only. @Tetraodon @Tetraodon so you can see for yourself, friend. I already cleaned up the doubles pings, but. we could still be doing better.

@lightenvee I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say. do you mean stick to the current format for special requests? (in the colors section) ? Because yes, that section is a good, but it's currently in actual ruins

do you mean the current 2 document format? I'm a little confused. ^^;
@Tetraodon Yes! I tested it myself, one ping only. @Tetraodon @Tetraodon so you can see for yourself, friend. I already cleaned up the doubles pings, but. we could still be doing better.

@lightenvee I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to say. do you mean stick to the current format for special requests? (in the colors section) ? Because yes, that section is a good, but it's currently in actual ruins

do you mean the current 2 document format? I'm a little confused. ^^;
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20