Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | The Dragon of the Month Club
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Do you have two million project dragons and don't know how to begin finishing them because they are all worthy of looking beautiful? Do you have ambitious goals like getting every permadragon to 25, or giving them all lore, or whatever, but just don't know who to start with? Well, I have a proposal for you: The Dragon of the Month treatment!

I've been using it to make myself focus and thought I'd open it up to a community effort since it's working pretty well for me. I've been using a random number generator to pick out some lucky dragon each month to spoil rotten. Anything they need, they get it, at least as long as I think I can get it done in the space of a month. If they're finished in a week, cool! But I still won't pick another dragon to spoil for another month. This ensures my energy and bank have enough rest time to come fresh at the next dragon!

Let's see which dragons everyone's spoiling this month! I have put this in Dragon Share for now since I want to show off my spoiled dragons and see other players', but individual Dragon of the Month threads for each player belong in Quests and Challenges.
Do you have two million project dragons and don't know how to begin finishing them because they are all worthy of looking beautiful? Do you have ambitious goals like getting every permadragon to 25, or giving them all lore, or whatever, but just don't know who to start with? Well, I have a proposal for you: The Dragon of the Month treatment!

I've been using it to make myself focus and thought I'd open it up to a community effort since it's working pretty well for me. I've been using a random number generator to pick out some lucky dragon each month to spoil rotten. Anything they need, they get it, at least as long as I think I can get it done in the space of a month. If they're finished in a week, cool! But I still won't pick another dragon to spoil for another month. This ensures my energy and bank have enough rest time to come fresh at the next dragon!

Let's see which dragons everyone's spoiling this month! I have put this in Dragon Share for now since I want to show off my spoiled dragons and see other players', but individual Dragon of the Month threads for each player belong in Quests and Challenges.
jtgoRWq.png
How to pick a dragon of the month

You have two options.

1. Hand-pick them. Easy!
2. But if you're like me and are paralysed by choices, use a random number generator such as random.org to pick your lucky dragon. Here's a sample set of rolls you can do:
  1. Roll 1-2 for Lair vs. Den.
  2. Roll for the number of active tabs.
  3. Roll for page number within the selected tab.
  4. Roll for dragon within the page.

You can stop and hand-pick at any point, of course!

Guidelines for maximum Dragon of the Month productivity and fun
  1. Pick a goal you can reasonably accomplish in a month while focusing on one dragon. If that's geneing them from scratch, that's great! If that's getting them one gene, that's great, too! Tailor your goals to your own lair: the point is that we're settling down those indecision brainweasels by having one laser focus.
  2. Consider separate tiers. If there's more you want to do for each of your dragons than you can reasonably do in a month, split those goals up! Make a tier system! For example, if it's reasonable for you to get a dragon gened up or to get them battlestones in a single month, but not both, set up a system where a Dragon of the Month gets genes one month and battlestones another. Maybe only fully gened dragons get battlestones; maybe only dragons with full stones get their genes finished.
  3. Just because you have a Dragon of the Month, that doesn't mean you can't get things for your other dragons. Of course not! The Dragon of the Month is meant to be your priority during their reign, but it isn't breaking any rule to spoil another dragon a little if, for example, you find a great deal on something they need.
  4. If you don't make your goal, don't fret! This is just meant to be something to help you focus, not something you Must Get Done Or The Dragon Gods Will Eat You. Maybe your tiers need adjusting; maybe things came up that month; oh well. You can either decide to keep the previous Dragon of the Month for the new month, or roll someone new - it's your call!
  5. If you're saving for a big item or expensive collection onsite, consider making the Dragon of the Month your budget exception! The whole reason I started this was because saving up for my Light Sprite was such a drag that it contributed to a site burnout when I got it, and I didn't want to repeat that for other big-ticket items. It may take a little longer to save, but trust me: you'll be having more fun in the meantime.
  6. If you finish early, awesome! I like to rest (eg focus on other aspects of the site or play something else) if I finish work on a dragon before the month is up, and sometimes I'll even roll my Dragon of the Month for the next month early. I won't start spoiling them until their month comes, but it helps get me excited, gives me some time to run a final check on my goals for them, come up with lore ideas, and so on.
  7. If you roll a dragon that makes you go "but I don't wanna spoil this dragon", maybe it's time they left the lair! The selection process may help if you're wishy-washy about keeping a dragon. The Dragon of the Month treatment is meant for your beloved permadragons who just need some finishing! If you roll a dragon that you know is temporary or decide is ready to move on, go right ahead and pick someone else.
  8. Feel free to reroll if you pick a dragon who's finished! Or, you could decide to make them Dragon of the Month again to get them some further spoiling, like commissioning more art for them. Up to you!

Ideas for Dragon of the Month goals

You can use any or all of these for your dragons! Feel free to suggest more!
  • Scry a dragon's genes
  • Design a dragon's wardrobe
  • Get one or more genes/breed scrolls for a dragon
  • Fully gene a dragon
  • Complete a dragon's wardrobe
  • Find the perfect familiar for a dragon
  • Find the perfect Vista for when a dragon is your avatar
  • Set a level goal for a dragon, up to 25
  • Give a Tincture and applicable battlestones to a dragon
  • Write or commission lore for a dragon
  • Draw or commission art for a dragon
  • Find, commission, or design a skin or accent for a dragon
  • Add additional lore or art to a dragon who already has it
  • Find a dragon's theme song
  • Find a mate for a dragon
  • Commission a review for a dragon

And remember, you don't have to do all of this at once or even do all of it at all: this is about meeting your goals for your dragons! Have fun!
How to pick a dragon of the month

You have two options.

1. Hand-pick them. Easy!
2. But if you're like me and are paralysed by choices, use a random number generator such as random.org to pick your lucky dragon. Here's a sample set of rolls you can do:
  1. Roll 1-2 for Lair vs. Den.
  2. Roll for the number of active tabs.
  3. Roll for page number within the selected tab.
  4. Roll for dragon within the page.

You can stop and hand-pick at any point, of course!

Guidelines for maximum Dragon of the Month productivity and fun
  1. Pick a goal you can reasonably accomplish in a month while focusing on one dragon. If that's geneing them from scratch, that's great! If that's getting them one gene, that's great, too! Tailor your goals to your own lair: the point is that we're settling down those indecision brainweasels by having one laser focus.
  2. Consider separate tiers. If there's more you want to do for each of your dragons than you can reasonably do in a month, split those goals up! Make a tier system! For example, if it's reasonable for you to get a dragon gened up or to get them battlestones in a single month, but not both, set up a system where a Dragon of the Month gets genes one month and battlestones another. Maybe only fully gened dragons get battlestones; maybe only dragons with full stones get their genes finished.
  3. Just because you have a Dragon of the Month, that doesn't mean you can't get things for your other dragons. Of course not! The Dragon of the Month is meant to be your priority during their reign, but it isn't breaking any rule to spoil another dragon a little if, for example, you find a great deal on something they need.
  4. If you don't make your goal, don't fret! This is just meant to be something to help you focus, not something you Must Get Done Or The Dragon Gods Will Eat You. Maybe your tiers need adjusting; maybe things came up that month; oh well. You can either decide to keep the previous Dragon of the Month for the new month, or roll someone new - it's your call!
  5. If you're saving for a big item or expensive collection onsite, consider making the Dragon of the Month your budget exception! The whole reason I started this was because saving up for my Light Sprite was such a drag that it contributed to a site burnout when I got it, and I didn't want to repeat that for other big-ticket items. It may take a little longer to save, but trust me: you'll be having more fun in the meantime.
  6. If you finish early, awesome! I like to rest (eg focus on other aspects of the site or play something else) if I finish work on a dragon before the month is up, and sometimes I'll even roll my Dragon of the Month for the next month early. I won't start spoiling them until their month comes, but it helps get me excited, gives me some time to run a final check on my goals for them, come up with lore ideas, and so on.
  7. If you roll a dragon that makes you go "but I don't wanna spoil this dragon", maybe it's time they left the lair! The selection process may help if you're wishy-washy about keeping a dragon. The Dragon of the Month treatment is meant for your beloved permadragons who just need some finishing! If you roll a dragon that you know is temporary or decide is ready to move on, go right ahead and pick someone else.
  8. Feel free to reroll if you pick a dragon who's finished! Or, you could decide to make them Dragon of the Month again to get them some further spoiling, like commissioning more art for them. Up to you!

Ideas for Dragon of the Month goals

You can use any or all of these for your dragons! Feel free to suggest more!
  • Scry a dragon's genes
  • Design a dragon's wardrobe
  • Get one or more genes/breed scrolls for a dragon
  • Fully gene a dragon
  • Complete a dragon's wardrobe
  • Find the perfect familiar for a dragon
  • Find the perfect Vista for when a dragon is your avatar
  • Set a level goal for a dragon, up to 25
  • Give a Tincture and applicable battlestones to a dragon
  • Write or commission lore for a dragon
  • Draw or commission art for a dragon
  • Find, commission, or design a skin or accent for a dragon
  • Add additional lore or art to a dragon who already has it
  • Find a dragon's theme song
  • Find a mate for a dragon
  • Commission a review for a dragon

And remember, you don't have to do all of this at once or even do all of it at all: this is about meeting your goals for your dragons! Have fun!
jtgoRWq.png
Pinglist

Want a reminder ping to pick a new Dragon of the Month on the first? Let me know and I'll put you on the pinglist!

@Redtiger7736 @Icystorm @Lucks @Dragonwyspr @MeKat @Astronomic @FairyForestKing @LilyRaven @Vulcanatus @NeekoNeekoNii
Pinglist

Want a reminder ping to pick a new Dragon of the Month on the first? Let me know and I'll put you on the pinglist!

@Redtiger7736 @Icystorm @Lucks @Dragonwyspr @MeKat @Astronomic @FairyForestKing @LilyRaven @Vulcanatus @NeekoNeekoNii
jtgoRWq.png
Reserve 1
Reserve 1
jtgoRWq.png
Reserve 2
Reserve 2
jtgoRWq.png
And we're up and running! Let's see your dragons of the month, everyone! As for me, June 2019 will be my one five-digit dragon. She's currently called RachelBrook, but I want to get her a new name, among other things! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39268] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/393/39268_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Goals for her this month: new name, levelling to 25, completing gene/breed plans, getting lore written down. I'm going to wait until the Ancient Breed launch for the anniversary to see if she'll look good as the inaugural Ancient Breed before geneing her up, but otherwise, here's her planned scry: [center][img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=25&breed=14&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=22&tertgene=24&winggene=25&wings=8&auth=d6686a8ec9d6fd3a253db1ba8ecf040a82a4e383&dummyext=prev.png[/center][/img] If she stays as a Modern breed, I'll also want to design and purchase an outfit for her. And since this is the opening of the thread, here are my previous Dragons of the Month! [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36664797] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/366648/36664797_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] March 2019: Bakker, a fandragon of the old dactyl from [i]Raptor Red[/i]! He got his genes, outfit, levelling, and lore done. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26926312] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/269264/26926312_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] April 2019: Ramirez, a [i]Skies of Arcadia[/i] fandragon! He already had most of his genes and outfit done, but his outfit got tweaked slightly, and he got his levelling and lore finished. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40432384] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/404324/40432384_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] May 2019: Panther, an OC child of two [i]Raptor Red[/i] fandragons! She got her genes, levelling, outfit, accent, and lore aaall done from scratch. She didn't even have a personality when she got rolled! Good job, Panther! Oh, and her lore led to her getting a Sweetpuff familiar, and I got her a lovely mate, too. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51798743] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/517988/51798743_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
And we're up and running! Let's see your dragons of the month, everyone!

As for me, June 2019 will be my one five-digit dragon. She's currently called RachelBrook, but I want to get her a new name, among other things!

Goals for her this month: new name, levelling to 25, completing gene/breed plans, getting lore written down. I'm going to wait until the Ancient Breed launch for the anniversary to see if she'll look good as the inaugural Ancient Breed before geneing her up, but otherwise, here's her planned scry:
dragon?age=1&body=19&bodygene=25&breed=14&element=8&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=22&tertgene=24&winggene=25&wings=8&auth=d6686a8ec9d6fd3a253db1ba8ecf040a82a4e383&dummyext=prev.png

If she stays as a Modern breed, I'll also want to design and purchase an outfit for her.

And since this is the opening of the thread, here are my previous Dragons of the Month!

March 2019: Bakker, a fandragon of the old dactyl from Raptor Red! He got his genes, outfit, levelling, and lore done.

April 2019: Ramirez, a Skies of Arcadia fandragon! He already had most of his genes and outfit done, but his outfit got tweaked slightly, and he got his levelling and lore finished.

May 2019: Panther, an OC child of two Raptor Red fandragons! She got her genes, levelling, outfit, accent, and lore aaall done from scratch. She didn't even have a personality when she got rolled! Good job, Panther! Oh, and her lore led to her getting a Sweetpuff familiar, and I got her a lovely mate, too.
jtgoRWq.png
@MessengerDragon

Hello! You wanted a ping when the thread was up, so here we are! :)
@MessengerDragon

Hello! You wanted a ping when the thread was up, so here we are! :)
jtgoRWq.png
It's the first of June! Distinguished friends, pick your lucky dragons!
It's the first of June! Distinguished friends, pick your lucky dragons!
jtgoRWq.png
This is Super Cool... I think I shall do this, though I might wait til ancients are out to see if that breed catches my eye! Marking for later though
This is Super Cool... I think I shall do this, though I might wait til ancients are out to see if that breed catches my eye! Marking for later though
Wishlist (for now)
I've actually been wanting to do something like this! It's hard to make plans since I'm not sure what the ancients will look like. But I'll focus on Myran (5 digit) this month. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=95957] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/960/95957_350.png[/img] [/url] I want to possibly make him ancient? If not, anyway I want to get a primary gem gene for him.
I've actually been wanting to do something like this!

It's hard to make plans since I'm not sure what the ancients will look like.

But I'll focus on Myran (5 digit) this month.

95957_350.png

I want to possibly make him ancient?

If not, anyway I want to get a primary gem gene for him.
ice_rune_50x50.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8