Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke
1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34
@Tirtouga678 of course! thank you for your interest <3
@Tirtouga678 of course! thank you for your interest <3
The Fortress of Ice - Rollocke

tumblr_inline_nzqu0njNXM1tgh8q0_400.png

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 52[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]28[/b] Coliseum[/size][/font] Rin, Aster and Emil battled in the Woodland Path. Aster and Emil both reached Level 4, and Rin is still Level 7. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound @Tirtouga678 [/center]
Day 52

Coliseum

Rin, Aster and Emil battled in the Woodland Path. Aster and Emil both reached Level 4, and Rin is still Level 7.

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 53[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]120[/b] New Dragon[/size][/font] Aw heck, here we go again. Who missed me and my ridiculous rolls? lmao [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52156592] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=21&bodygene=7&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=25&auth=51fe93549b7b6896cf8d79a322a900e22c67259e&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] Minle seemed lost in thought ever since the big Clan meeting happened. Well, more than he usually was, anyway. Iris tried to talk to him a few times, but he wound up ignoring her. She didn't think he was doing it on purpose, but still she felt bad for bothering him, so she let him be. Trying not to let her loneliness get to her, Iris entertained herself by sorting out their supplies. Or more concretely, the flowers. The Nocturne had come to love them. She appreciated how rare they were down here, and admired the way they still found a way to persist in such a desolate land. Besides, they were all so pretty, some with see-through and delicate petals, others shaped just like little icicles, yet others deep blues and indigoes that were stark against the snow but still blended seamlessly into the icy landscape. So from time to time, Iris liked to scuttle up to the supply pile and arrange them. It never lasted, as new supplies and the general bustle in the cave always wound up dismantling her efforts, but she didn't mind. Just the action of arranging them left her feeling pleased, and anyway flowers didn't last forever, either. Iris didn't mind creating that temporary kind of art. But as she busied herself this time, bunching up some large white hibiscus-like flowers together, something flew past her ear with the quietest little [i]bzzz[/i]. Iris looked around, and for a moment couldn't find the source, but then she heard it again, whipping past her other ear. Then she spotted a dark shape fly towards the white flowers in front of her. It was... some kind of tiny blue fly? It was glowing, too. And it landed right on one of the petals. At first she considered catching and eating it - she [i]was[/i] a bit peckish - but it'd be such a shame. What if that's how these pretty flowers reproduced? She wouldn't mind letting one little insect go, if it meant it'd leave her favourite thing in its wake. But then there was more movement, and another fly landed next to the other. And then another. And then there was enough of them to cover the whole flower, and Iris squeaked and abandoned her treasure, recoiling from the swarm. The insects didn't seem interested in her at all. Having covered the flower, much to Iris' shock, they actually started to [i]lift[/i] it. And then fly off with it! Iris watched, stunned, as the flies slowly made their way out of the cave with her flower in tow. What in the blizzards?! Coming to, she bolted upright and then went after them. She could have tried to stop them, but she was too curious to see what they were trying to do. And anyway, she did not have the confidence in her physical ability to do anything beyond walk at a measured pace, given her feeble body. So she followed their trail, keeping some distance just in case. They lead her down the hill and then around, in the opposite direction of where Vannifer's den was. And soon enough, another tiny opening near the foot of the hill emerged, right behind a particularly tall green crystal jutting out of the ground besides. The insects dove right in. Iris hesitated. She'd followed her whims up til now, but this seemed a little scary. What should she do? And what was even going on?! She'd never seen insects behave like this before! If only Minle were here, he'd figure everything out right away. But she was alone, and they stole her flower, and she knew she probably shouldn't but Iris was young and curious and she couldn't help herself. Slowly, she peeked inside the cave, and seeing nothing, she tip-toed further in. It took barely a few steps before the small tunnel opened up to a much larger chamber, kept bright by the mellow glow of the crystals lining the tall walls. Iris was struck by the sight, and didn't notice another very important thing until said thing rushed violently in her direction. Iris gasped and tried to get away, but a swarm of those glowing blue insects surrounded her and blocked the exit. Trying to get away from them, she stumbled further into the chamber, desperately pawing in front of her face to clear her sight. "So what do we have here?" An unfamiliar, boyish voice resounded nearby, but Iris couldn't see the source. After just a moment, they spoke again. "Oh... A dragon." Even like this, Iris could tell they sounded far from thrilled about this discovery. "Nevermind. Let her go." The swarm moved away from her in an instant, and Iris breathed deeply. Her heart still pounding, she looked around and spotted a stranger staring right back at her. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=55520170] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=68&bodygene=40&breed=7&element=7&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=151&tertgene=22&winggene=40&wings=13&auth=4c1143fa1baf48ea3e14853e9f941e239b63f26f&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/center] [/url] The Spiral was of a similar age to her, and those flies seemed concentrated around him, hovering over him like an insectoid shield. His big eyes were dim and dark and they stared at Iris somewhat vacantly. "Who are you?" she choked out at last, still disturbed by what she'd just endured. "My name is Jemire," the Spiral said calmly. "I live here." "What?" Iris looked around the chamber. "But that's-- but [i]we[/i] live here." "Who is this 'we' you speak of?" Jemire got to his feet and walked towards the centre of the chamber. Iris only now noticed there was some kind of pot in the middle of it, thin smoke seeping out of it evenly. "My Clan," Iris clarified, following after him tentatively. "What Clan?" "Well... [i]The[/i] Clan! Our Clan..." The Nocturne trailed off. "A Clan without a name has as much claim to this land as your petty words do. Which is none." Wow, okay. He spoke pretty fancy for a hatchling, Iris thought. Just like Minle. Jemire leaned over the pot, stirring something inside using a large icicle-like stick. Iris observed him for a bit, until he reached for something on the ground and she recognised it immediately. "Hey! Your flies stole that flower from me!" she exclaimed. The Spiral [i]hmm[/i]ed noncommittally. "They are [i]fireflies[/i], not flies. And like I said, you don't [i]own[/i] this land." He held the flower over the pot. "And I need this for something, as you can see." "But..." Iris murmured half-heartedly, watching as Jemire threw the flower into the pot. A pleasant aroma soon filled the air, and Iris found herself fascinated all over again. She had so many questions! Just how did this Spiral find his way here? How long had he been here? Surely not that long, if they were the same age. And what was he making in that old pot? For all her curiosity however, Iris was tired. Exhausted, even. She felt a little sickly most of the time, but this entire excursion brought her small body to its limit. Thinking of the trek back up to the cave made her limbs feel like jelly. "Uh... Okay, I'll leave you to it." When the Spiral didn't acknowledge her words, Iris frowned and turned away. Fine, let him be like that. She didn't care. She was already accepting the fact she'd always be an outcast, even next to another outcast. But as she made it to the entrance, Jemire called after her. "Come again some time. Gets a bit lonely." Iris looked at him over her shoulder with her mouth hanging open, but the Spiral was still staring intently at the pot. Still she grinned. "Okay!" she said, and left the cave with a newfound bounce in her step. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound @Tirtouga678 Jemire is pronounced as: "je" as in "jet", "mi" as in "mirror" and re as in "ray". [/center]
Day 53

New Dragon

Aw heck, here we go again. Who missed me and my ridiculous rolls? lmao

tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png

dragon?age=0&body=21&bodygene=7&breed=11&element=5&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=99&tertgene=7&winggene=1&wings=25&auth=51fe93549b7b6896cf8d79a322a900e22c67259e&dummyext=prev.png

Minle seemed lost in thought ever since the big Clan meeting happened. Well, more than he usually was, anyway. Iris tried to talk to him a few times, but he wound up ignoring her. She didn't think he was doing it on purpose, but still she felt bad for bothering him, so she let him be.

Trying not to let her loneliness get to her, Iris entertained herself by sorting out their supplies. Or more concretely, the flowers. The Nocturne had come to love them. She appreciated how rare they were down here, and admired the way they still found a way to persist in such a desolate land. Besides, they were all so pretty, some with see-through and delicate petals, others shaped just like little icicles, yet others deep blues and indigoes that were stark against the snow but still blended seamlessly into the icy landscape.

So from time to time, Iris liked to scuttle up to the supply pile and arrange them. It never lasted, as new supplies and the general bustle in the cave always wound up dismantling her efforts, but she didn't mind. Just the action of arranging them left her feeling pleased, and anyway flowers didn't last forever, either. Iris didn't mind creating that temporary kind of art.

But as she busied herself this time, bunching up some large white hibiscus-like flowers together, something flew past her ear with the quietest little bzzz. Iris looked around, and for a moment couldn't find the source, but then she heard it again, whipping past her other ear. Then she spotted a dark shape fly towards the white flowers in front of her.

It was... some kind of tiny blue fly? It was glowing, too. And it landed right on one of the petals. At first she considered catching and eating it - she was a bit peckish - but it'd be such a shame. What if that's how these pretty flowers reproduced? She wouldn't mind letting one little insect go, if it meant it'd leave her favourite thing in its wake.

But then there was more movement, and another fly landed next to the other. And then another. And then there was enough of them to cover the whole flower, and Iris squeaked and abandoned her treasure, recoiling from the swarm.

The insects didn't seem interested in her at all. Having covered the flower, much to Iris' shock, they actually started to lift it. And then fly off with it!

Iris watched, stunned, as the flies slowly made their way out of the cave with her flower in tow. What in the blizzards?!

Coming to, she bolted upright and then went after them. She could have tried to stop them, but she was too curious to see what they were trying to do. And anyway, she did not have the confidence in her physical ability to do anything beyond walk at a measured pace, given her feeble body.

So she followed their trail, keeping some distance just in case. They lead her down the hill and then around, in the opposite direction of where Vannifer's den was. And soon enough, another tiny opening near the foot of the hill emerged, right behind a particularly tall green crystal jutting out of the ground besides. The insects dove right in.

Iris hesitated. She'd followed her whims up til now, but this seemed a little scary. What should she do? And what was even going on?! She'd never seen insects behave like this before! If only Minle were here, he'd figure everything out right away.

But she was alone, and they stole her flower, and she knew she probably shouldn't but Iris was young and curious and she couldn't help herself. Slowly, she peeked inside the cave, and seeing nothing, she tip-toed further in.

It took barely a few steps before the small tunnel opened up to a much larger chamber, kept bright by the mellow glow of the crystals lining the tall walls. Iris was struck by the sight, and didn't notice another very important thing until said thing rushed violently in her direction.

Iris gasped and tried to get away, but a swarm of those glowing blue insects surrounded her and blocked the exit. Trying to get away from them, she stumbled further into the chamber, desperately pawing in front of her face to clear her sight.

"So what do we have here?" An unfamiliar, boyish voice resounded nearby, but Iris couldn't see the source. After just a moment, they spoke again. "Oh... A dragon." Even like this, Iris could tell they sounded far from thrilled about this discovery. "Nevermind. Let her go."

The swarm moved away from her in an instant, and Iris breathed deeply. Her heart still pounding, she looked around and spotted a stranger staring right back at her.

The Spiral was of a similar age to her, and those flies seemed concentrated around him, hovering over him like an insectoid shield. His big eyes were dim and dark and they stared at Iris somewhat vacantly.

"Who are you?" she choked out at last, still disturbed by what she'd just endured.

"My name is Jemire," the Spiral said calmly. "I live here."

"What?" Iris looked around the chamber. "But that's-- but we live here."

"Who is this 'we' you speak of?" Jemire got to his feet and walked towards the centre of the chamber. Iris only now noticed there was some kind of pot in the middle of it, thin smoke seeping out of it evenly.

"My Clan," Iris clarified, following after him tentatively.

"What Clan?"

"Well... The Clan! Our Clan..." The Nocturne trailed off.

"A Clan without a name has as much claim to this land as your petty words do. Which is none." Wow, okay. He spoke pretty fancy for a hatchling, Iris thought. Just like Minle.

Jemire leaned over the pot, stirring something inside using a large icicle-like stick. Iris observed him for a bit, until he reached for something on the ground and she recognised it immediately.

"Hey! Your flies stole that flower from me!" she exclaimed.

The Spiral hmmed noncommittally. "They are fireflies, not flies. And like I said, you don't own this land." He held the flower over the pot. "And I need this for something, as you can see."

"But..." Iris murmured half-heartedly, watching as Jemire threw the flower into the pot. A pleasant aroma soon filled the air, and Iris found herself fascinated all over again. She had so many questions! Just how did this Spiral find his way here? How long had he been here? Surely not that long, if they were the same age. And what was he making in that old pot?

For all her curiosity however, Iris was tired. Exhausted, even. She felt a little sickly most of the time, but this entire excursion brought her small body to its limit. Thinking of the trek back up to the cave made her limbs feel like jelly.

"Uh... Okay, I'll leave you to it." When the Spiral didn't acknowledge her words, Iris frowned and turned away. Fine, let him be like that. She didn't care. She was already accepting the fact she'd always be an outcast, even next to another outcast.

But as she made it to the entrance, Jemire called after her. "Come again some time. Gets a bit lonely."

Iris looked at him over her shoulder with her mouth hanging open, but the Spiral was still staring intently at the pot. Still she grinned. "Okay!" she said, and left the cave with a newfound bounce in her step.

@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound @Tirtouga678

Jemire is pronounced as: "je" as in "jet", "mi" as in "mirror" and re as in "ray".

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri

Aww, those two are cute!
@demitri

Aww, those two are cute!
Tirtouga | FR +16 | she/her

@demitri I'm pretty sure the program you use for your rolls is rigged by now xD

@demitri I'm pretty sure the program you use for your rolls is rigged by now xD

2WRv2Ib.jpg

@Tirtouga678 thank you! i like them already too! <3

@Drachenschwinge yeah, same. i feel like it's my trademark to roll high by now though so i'm going to keep using it LOL
@Tirtouga678 thank you! i like them already too! <3

@Drachenschwinge yeah, same. i feel like it's my trademark to roll high by now though so i'm going to keep using it LOL

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
[center][font=Georgia][color=104984][b][size=5]Day 54[/size][/b][/color][/font] [font=Georgia][size=4][b]113[/b] New Dragon[/size][/font] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/593757735246495754/626677841777524746/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/593757735246495754/626678138490847243/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/593757735246495754/626678298340098049/unknown.png[/img] My lair space and supply piles are crying, ya'll. I too am crying. Anyway we'll take it slow with this introduction, but it'll happen eventually. [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51955958] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=21&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=162&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=118&auth=54278a2dc0dec49d3fb48c8ef2d4cf1d4968d3c4&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [/url][/center] Something wasn't adding up. No-one else seemed to notice it, but it was all Minle could think about. Moroz's story had him enthralled. He wasn't usually one for stories and daydreaming, but that was just the thing - her story was [i]real[/i]. And that made everything about it fascinating. He was desperate to know more about these 'creatures'. Minle liked using his brain, liked trying to figure things out to the very last detail. Big unknowns like this were frustrating, but the [i]potential[/i] nearly drove him crazy. Those abilities the creatures seemed to possess - to think what a dragon could achieve with such a power! And surely there had to be [i]some[/i] method to harness the crystals, too... But one thing still bothered him, beyond the typical questions everyone else seemed concentrated on. What were the creatures? How did they get out? What were they planning? That was all well and good, but they were all missing the other puzzle - what about the [i]machines[/i]? They had to come from somewhere too. More precisely, someone had to have [i]made[/i] them. Who did such a thing, and why? Did the creatures advance not only in terms of their raw power, but technologically as well? And Minle was still so curious to find out just [i]how[/i] the machines worked, what kept them going in these frigid wastes against all odds. There [i]was[/i] one way to find out more. A certain someone hadn't been at the meeting, since he still wasn't officially moved in. All Minle had to do was to wait for him to come back. The Mirror spent the next two days in a daze, thinking himself into oblivion until finally the one he had been waiting for had arrived. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51433535] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=51433535&skin=17524&apparel=3627,3629,3642,3640,3683,3684&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url][/center] Veritas had three large sacks clasped in his mouth, and he placed all of them by the entrance to Vannifer's den. Before he could disappear inside, Minle approached him. "Hey," he said, and didn't give the Imperial room to reply before continuing on. "I need to talk to you. It's about what happened with my brother." Veritas winced, clearly not anticipating such words to be the first thing to greet him upon his arrival. He seemed unwilling, but finally he murmured 'very well', and followed Minle a little ways from the den for some privacy. Minle wasted no time. "Those machines. From what I remember, you seemed familiar with them." The Imperial shook his head. "Seeing them, is about all I'm familiar with, little Minle. They seem to traverse certain lands on the regular." Fascinating! "Why?" "I haven't a clue," Veritas smiled. "I've never seen them do much besides walk, and I haven't decided to stick around close and observe, you know? No real reason, except perhaps for, oh I don't know, avoiding the impending doom and such!" Minle had so many questions, but finally he just boiled them all down to: "Do you really not know anything else about them? Anything at all?" Veritas paused, observing Minle carefully. "Weeell," he said slowly. "I can tell you that from the few times I've been close enough, I think I could sense a kind of magic in them. It was hard to tell for sure, though." Minle stared at the ground, his busy mind racing. Magic, as he thought... If only he could find a way to get better at it! All his training was adding up to so little. It was as if his body refused to cooperate with his efforts. Maybe if he could learn more magic, he'd understand this problem better... "If that is all..." Veritas trailed off. "Just one more thing." Minle looked back up at the Imperial, dismissing his theories for a moment. "How did you get away the last time? Why couldn't Aster follow you?" Veritas seemed uncomfortable again, and he smiled awkwardly. "Curious little thing, aren't you?" Minle narrowed his eyes. "Secretive little thing, aren't you?" he fired back, and the Imperial laughed. "Oh, I don't know about the 'little' part," he said with a shrug, but soon enough his smile died away and he sighed. "Yes, very well. I happen to know of a few tunnels in the area around my old home. I used one of them to get away after I spotted the unwelcomed guests on the horizon." "Tunnels? Like the lower level thing?" Minle didn't know too much about that, but he'd heard the adults mention it enough times to get a sense of what it meant. "Not quite," Veritas clarified. "They don't reach very far down, but they run underneath the ice in many directions. Some stretch for miles, I believe." Hmm. Minle almost spaced out again, but the Imperial went on. "I just want you to know, if I had known Aster was there..." "Yeah, I know," Minle interrupted. He wasn't interested in Vertias' guilt, or breaching this topic again at all. He'd already put the whole emotional side of it behind him. "Anyway, thanks, that's all I wanted. See you." As he turned away, Veritas called out to him. "Hold on, little Minle. You're not planning on doing anything silly, are you?" he asked with concern. "I know you must be upset over what happened, but please do not try to go after these creatures or any such thing. There isn't a way to carry out revenge on machines, believe me." Revenge? The thought hadn't even crossed his mind. "I won't. I'm not stupid," he said over his shoulder, and then walked away before the Imperial could question him any further. After all, what Minle had said was only [i]partly[/i] true. He didn't intend to seek the creatures out for [i]revenge[/i]. He just wanted to work them out for his own personal satisfaction. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/e2ef31cd285982310ff93e3d1f5c0ec9/tumblr_inline_o23j4ayWtt1r3lvtf_500.png[/img] [size=2]@Rebbawskaced @Drachenschwinge @SpiceCookie @catmeow1 @Everburn @windhound @Tirtouga678 [/center]
Day 54

New Dragon

unknown.png
unknown.png
unknown.png

My lair space and supply piles are crying, ya'll. I too am crying.

Anyway we'll take it slow with this introduction, but it'll happen eventually.

dragon?age=0&body=21&bodygene=0&breed=3&element=6&eyetype=3&gender=0&tert=162&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=118&auth=54278a2dc0dec49d3fb48c8ef2d4cf1d4968d3c4&dummyext=prev.png

Something wasn't adding up. No-one else seemed to notice it, but it was all Minle could think about.

Moroz's story had him enthralled. He wasn't usually one for stories and daydreaming, but that was just the thing - her story was real. And that made everything about it fascinating.

He was desperate to know more about these 'creatures'. Minle liked using his brain, liked trying to figure things out to the very last detail. Big unknowns like this were frustrating, but the potential nearly drove him crazy. Those abilities the creatures seemed to possess - to think what a dragon could achieve with such a power! And surely there had to be some method to harness the crystals, too...

But one thing still bothered him, beyond the typical questions everyone else seemed concentrated on. What were the creatures? How did they get out? What were they planning? That was all well and good, but they were all missing the other puzzle - what about the machines?

They had to come from somewhere too. More precisely, someone had to have made them. Who did such a thing, and why? Did the creatures advance not only in terms of their raw power, but technologically as well? And Minle was still so curious to find out just how the machines worked, what kept them going in these frigid wastes against all odds.

There was one way to find out more. A certain someone hadn't been at the meeting, since he still wasn't officially moved in. All Minle had to do was to wait for him to come back.

The Mirror spent the next two days in a daze, thinking himself into oblivion until finally the one he had been waiting for had arrived.

Veritas had three large sacks clasped in his mouth, and he placed all of them by the entrance to Vannifer's den. Before he could disappear inside, Minle approached him.

"Hey," he said, and didn't give the Imperial room to reply before continuing on. "I need to talk to you. It's about what happened with my brother."

Veritas winced, clearly not anticipating such words to be the first thing to greet him upon his arrival. He seemed unwilling, but finally he murmured 'very well', and followed Minle a little ways from the den for some privacy.

Minle wasted no time. "Those machines. From what I remember, you seemed familiar with them."

The Imperial shook his head. "Seeing them, is about all I'm familiar with, little Minle. They seem to traverse certain lands on the regular."

Fascinating! "Why?"

"I haven't a clue," Veritas smiled. "I've never seen them do much besides walk, and I haven't decided to stick around close and observe, you know? No real reason, except perhaps for, oh I don't know, avoiding the impending doom and such!"

Minle had so many questions, but finally he just boiled them all down to: "Do you really not know anything else about them? Anything at all?"

Veritas paused, observing Minle carefully. "Weeell," he said slowly. "I can tell you that from the few times I've been close enough, I think I could sense a kind of magic in them. It was hard to tell for sure, though."

Minle stared at the ground, his busy mind racing. Magic, as he thought... If only he could find a way to get better at it! All his training was adding up to so little. It was as if his body refused to cooperate with his efforts. Maybe if he could learn more magic, he'd understand this problem better...

"If that is all..." Veritas trailed off.

"Just one more thing." Minle looked back up at the Imperial, dismissing his theories for a moment. "How did you get away the last time? Why couldn't Aster follow you?"

Veritas seemed uncomfortable again, and he smiled awkwardly. "Curious little thing, aren't you?"

Minle narrowed his eyes. "Secretive little thing, aren't you?" he fired back, and the Imperial laughed.

"Oh, I don't know about the 'little' part," he said with a shrug, but soon enough his smile died away and he sighed. "Yes, very well. I happen to know of a few tunnels in the area around my old home. I used one of them to get away after I spotted the unwelcomed guests on the horizon."

"Tunnels? Like the lower level thing?" Minle didn't know too much about that, but he'd heard the adults mention it enough times to get a sense of what it meant.

"Not quite," Veritas clarified. "They don't reach very far down, but they run underneath the ice in many directions. Some stretch for miles, I believe."

Hmm. Minle almost spaced out again, but the Imperial went on.

"I just want you to know, if I had known Aster was there..."

"Yeah, I know," Minle interrupted. He wasn't interested in Vertias' guilt, or breaching this topic again at all. He'd already put the whole emotional side of it behind him. "Anyway, thanks, that's all I wanted. See you."

As he turned away, Veritas called out to him. "Hold on, little Minle. You're not planning on doing anything silly, are you?" he asked with concern. "I know you must be upset over what happened, but please do not try to go after these creatures or any such thing. There isn't a way to carry out revenge on machines, believe me."

Revenge? The thought hadn't even crossed his mind. "I won't. I'm not stupid," he said over his shoulder, and then walked away before the Imperial could question him any further. After all, what Minle had said was only partly true.

He didn't intend to seek the creatures out for revenge. He just wanted to work them out for his own personal satisfaction.

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri

Woah. Minle gives off that 'smart kid' vibe but... I hope he's not gonna get into any major trouble...
@demitri

Woah. Minle gives off that 'smart kid' vibe but... I hope he's not gonna get into any major trouble...

@Tirtouga678 he's definitely a smart egg! but perhaps not the wisest... :'))
@Tirtouga678 he's definitely a smart egg! but perhaps not the wisest... :'))

dottore... DOTTORE!!!
@demitri

Indeed! Let’s see where this brings him :)
@demitri

Indeed! Let’s see where this brings him :)

1 2 ... 13 14 15 16 17 ... 33 34