Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Art Shop Planning [Opinions?]
So I've decided I'll be opening an art shop soon, and I have an idea for the prices (I'll be accepting CAD, gems, and treasure, but prices with be chosen through real dollars and converted to others), and am currently working on banners and such! Here's what the top will most likely look like for the first post: [center][img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/bdc0/f/2018/230/2/0/header_by_farsidejr-dckjhvs.png[/img] .~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~. Link ~ Link ~ Link ~ Link .~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~. [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2cbb/f/2018/230/0/8/reserved_by_farsidejr-dckjg0r.png[/img][/center] Of course, the header won't say 'Reserved', but rather something like 'Rules & Slots' and stuff like that, depending on the content below it. I could also use the default dividers, but I don't like how they seem to be different shades randomly on my screen sometimes. idk if that happens for anyone else. ----- Gonna be going $1 = 100g, since that's the conversion when buying gems. My prices are probably going to be this: $1/100g - sketch, +$0.50/50g to make it a bust (because [i]hands[/i]) $2/200g - lineart, +$0.50/50g again to make it a bust $4/400g - coloured with minimal or no shading Optional background: free Apparel: +$1/100g (probably less, depending on just how complex it is) Accent or skin: +$1/100g (same as above) Complex shading: +$1/100g Basically the most expensive possible commission would be $7, which doesn't sound like much, or 700g, which does sound like much, despite them being worth the same. Probably will give discounts to people giving simple gened or basic dragons for the colouring. I'm thinking my pages are gonna go like this: - Welcome - Rules and Slots [will have my dollar : gem : treasure rate] - Prices [will have an example for each] - More Examples - Cheaper options [silly doodles, maybe adopts] - three reserved spaces just in case Am I missing anything? Any suggestions? My banners look okay? Tell me anything you think I should know! I can also show some examples of my work, if you'd like to compare for prices.
So I've decided I'll be opening an art shop soon, and I have an idea for the prices (I'll be accepting CAD, gems, and treasure, but prices with be chosen through real dollars and converted to others), and am currently working on banners and such!

Here's what the top will most likely look like for the first post:
header_by_farsidejr-dckjhvs.png
.~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~.
Link ~ Link ~ Link ~ Link
.~*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*~.
reserved_by_farsidejr-dckjg0r.png

Of course, the header won't say 'Reserved', but rather something like 'Rules & Slots' and stuff like that, depending on the content below it.

I could also use the default dividers, but I don't like how they seem to be different shades randomly on my screen sometimes. idk if that happens for anyone else.

Gonna be going $1 = 100g, since that's the conversion when buying gems.

My prices are probably going to be this:
$1/100g - sketch, +$0.50/50g to make it a bust (because hands)
$2/200g - lineart, +$0.50/50g again to make it a bust
$4/400g - coloured with minimal or no shading

Optional background: free
Apparel: +$1/100g (probably less, depending on just how complex it is)
Accent or skin: +$1/100g (same as above)
Complex shading: +$1/100g

Basically the most expensive possible commission would be $7, which doesn't sound like much, or 700g, which does sound like much, despite them being worth the same.
Probably will give discounts to people giving simple gened or basic dragons for the colouring.

I'm thinking my pages are gonna go like this:

- Welcome
- Rules and Slots [will have my dollar : gem : treasure rate]
- Prices [will have an example for each]
- More Examples
- Cheaper options [silly doodles, maybe adopts]
- three reserved spaces just in case

Am I missing anything? Any suggestions? My banners look okay? Tell me anything you think I should know! I can also show some examples of my work, if you'd like to compare for prices.
If I'm OP, I'm SUBBED! Sig_Banner.png sig_by_farsidejr-dckwam8.png
Actually I still want some more input on prices, so here are some examples of my work, most recent first followed by a couple slightly older ones
[Wildclaw Bust] - [Fae w/ book] - [Coatl headshot]
Actually I still want some more input on prices, so here are some examples of my work, most recent first followed by a couple slightly older ones
[Wildclaw Bust] - [Fae w/ book] - [Coatl headshot]
Maybe I should make custom dividers? To match the theme of the rest of my art shop
Maybe I should make custom dividers? To match the theme of the rest of my art shop
@Farsidejr im not the best at pricing but can say your art is stunning

make a self-edit spreadsheet for a pinglist. the prices are nice are you planning to draw apparel if yes add a cost for them and maybe add cost for harder genes
@Farsidejr im not the best at pricing but can say your art is stunning

make a self-edit spreadsheet for a pinglist. the prices are nice are you planning to draw apparel if yes add a cost for them and maybe add cost for harder genes
TvGyETb.gif
@AquaSoars
Thank you!!
I'll think about which genes I consider harder and try to figure out a price for that, and I'll look into a self-edit spreadsheet c:
@AquaSoars
Thank you!!
I'll think about which genes I consider harder and try to figure out a price for that, and I'll look into a self-edit spreadsheet c:
@Farsidejr i would love to get a ping once you open shop
@Farsidejr i would love to get a ping once you open shop
TvGyETb.gif
@Farsidejr
I'd say go for the custom dividers. Maybe also have options for your different styles? Send me a ping when you open? :)
@Farsidejr
I'd say go for the custom dividers. Maybe also have options for your different styles? Send me a ping when you open? :)
@Wraith296
I think to start I’ll stick to my usual style, then after some more practice I could definitely add some others!
I have an idea for custom dividers, I’ll start those tomorrow after I’m done the headers! c:

Thank you both for the input! I put you both on a pinglist

@AquaSoars
@Wraith296
I think to start I’ll stick to my usual style, then after some more practice I could definitely add some others!
I have an idea for custom dividers, I’ll start those tomorrow after I’m done the headers! c:

Thank you both for the input! I put you both on a pinglist

@AquaSoars
Finished the headers/banners [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/2389/f/2018/233/d/2/welcome_by_farsidejr-dcksmnv.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f1b0/f/2018/233/0/f/rules_and_slots_by_farsidejr-dckslbb.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/79ec/f/2018/233/2/e/prices_by_farsidejr-dckslam.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/10ad/f/2018/233/0/e/examples_by_farsidejr-dckslb4.png[/img] [img]https://orig00.deviantart.net/f055/f/2018/233/e/7/cheaper_options_by_farsidejr-dckslax.png[/img] Now to make the dividers! c: Might make another thing for bumps, but that can wait
Finished the headers/banners

welcome_by_farsidejr-dcksmnv.png

rules_and_slots_by_farsidejr-dckslbb.png

prices_by_farsidejr-dckslam.png

examples_by_farsidejr-dckslb4.png

cheaper_options_by_farsidejr-dckslax.png

Now to make the dividers! c:
Might make another thing for bumps, but that can wait