Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] Clan Kahakai's Lore [[GIANT WIP]]
[center][u]Note from Lemonie:[/u] Hello, reader! I hope you enjoy reading the lore of my clan through this interactive-ish story! Just know that this is a GIANT work-in-progress and will be for a very long time, as I have big, big plans for this! (Including art, LOTS of bbcode, secret stories, etc.) All I ask is that you not post here, as I would like to keep this as a collection of all my stories! Nevertheless, enjoy reading! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- [i]"Woosh...woosh...SPLASH!!" You jolt up from your peaceful slumber on warm sand to cold, salty water hitting your back. The first thing you see is hazy, but clear enough to get a general idea of what’s in front of you- you see you’re on the edge of a beach. You want to ponder how exactly you got washed up onto a beach, but there is no time for that. You took the hint given by the constant splashes of cold water behind you that the tide was rising over you- and quickly. Before you can take a good look ahead of you, you spread your little wings, and glide as fast as you can closer to the mainland of the mysterious island you found yourself on. It isn't long after you escape your watery death before you find many tall tikis standing around, and you hastily decide to follow them in hopes of finding some other dragons- or any lifeforms, for that matter. Weren't tikis a symbol of good luck, anyway? You know you don’t have the time and energy to think back to your textbooks on tiki lore, and know you need to tread forward. Soon, the tikis would only get taller, and a path would get more and more obvious as you glided along the warm sand. A little wooden archway soon makes itself present in front of you. It's small, but effective in it's simple job of welcoming newcomers to "Kahakai Island" and "Clan Kahakai". You yourself felt like you would be safer beyond that archway in Clan Kahakai's territory than you did alone just some time ago. Stepping inside the border, the first thing you notice are the many big huts around the area. Some in trees, a couple beside rock structures, and even some built inside particularly big sand-dunes. You can only assume most of these fragile-looking huts are held up by very powerful and consistent magic. You look around at all the homes in your line of sight, but the hut that most stood out to you was a somewhat small light brown hut, surrounded by piles of little shiny pearls, each one emanating a faint blue glow, which all together, made the house itself look like it was glowing blue. This hut was also the closest to the entrance you came from, and you simply wanted to sit down somewhere. You quickly make your way over and knock gingerly on the door, hoping not to come off as a threat to whoever might be lurking inside. [/i] [columns][img]https://imgur.com/tAv8Cl2.png[/img] [nextcol]"Oh my goodness, [i]don't tell me[/i] you're a newcomer!" You hear an excited voice through the giant palm-leaf door, also decorated with small pearls. "Please, come on in! I don't bite...unless you're a coconut cake!" [i]The dragon loudly laughed at his own admittedly sub-par joke, and as you walked inside you could even see the dragon in front of you was still red from laughter. You paid less attention to the red-faced, icy-blue and brown Pearlcatcher in front of you and gazed at the many trinkets, shells, and even more little pearls neatly placed on shelves, inside pots and jars, and on top of stacks of worn leather books, all surrounded by the light brown-colored wooden walls, paneled the same way as the wood floor. However, even with the spectacles the hut held, the main thing you noticed was a small granite pillar in the center of the room, housing a large purple pillow which appeared to be cushioning a large, shining pearl. You could only assume it was the Pearlcatcher’s own pearl, seeing how polished and well-kept it looked.[/i] [/columns] "It's a great place, huh? I collected all of these beautiful pearls and shells myself, right on this island!" the Pearlcatcher commented as he waves his claw in front of your eyes, bringing you out of your curious gaze. "I'm Kepano, Keeper of Stories and Coconut Cakes for Clan Kahakai!" he enthusiastically laughed. You patiently wait for him to calm down again before asking where you are. "Where [i]you[/i] are? You're in paradise! You'll love the dragons here- all such nice folks! We all love new dragons, but with the island being so hidden from the rest of the sea, we don't get them often...so i'm [i]so, so glad[/i] you're here!" he explained with a warm smile and enthusiastic claw-movements. You ask about the Clan Leader, who you presume knows the most about the island itself. "Do you mean Kailani? Oh, she's something! Real nice, she is! She'll tell you everything you need to know about the clan [i]and [/i]the island!" Kepano assured. "However..." Kepano added on, "at this time of day, she'll be going scavenging out at sea..." he mentioned with a sigh of disappointment. You anxiously ask if anyone would be available to explain [i]anything [/i] to you about the island at this time of day, and the answer once again disappoints. "Well...since you're just [i]so nice[/i], why don't I offer you the chance to learn more about the dragons on this island- right here and right now? You'll also learn a bit about the island itself while we're at it!" he muffled. Crumbs flew out of his mouth as he talked, and he was holding a half-eaten coconut cake in his claw, which you assume you simply didn't see him grab. He quickly gobbled down his cake, then made his way to the middle of his hut and stood beside his giant pearl, almost guarding it as he waited for you to come forward with him. "Come over here, don't be shy! My pearl won't lash out at you!" Kepano remarked, gesturing you with his claw over to a chair in front of his pearl that stood proudly in the center of the hut. You sit down in front of the pearl, and Kepano takes a seat on the other end of the sphere. The first thing you notice is that the pearl itself, which you thought you knew so well from your inspection of it earlier, was actually shining the same faint blue glow as the pearls outside Kepano’s door. You assume it's powerful Water dragon magic at work, but you don't know how making a pearl magical would help anybody. Aside from that it seemed to be a normal pearl for a Pearlcatcher, albeit it’s unusually large size. "Did you want to start?" he asks with a confused face. "Or... would you rather go out and look for Kailani right now?" -[url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2504288]Apologize for keeping Kepano waiting, and let him start doing his magic on the pearl. [/url] -Apologize, thank him, and insist you should go looking for Kailani now. (Read down!)
Note from Lemonie: Hello, reader! I hope you enjoy reading the lore of my clan through this interactive-ish story! Just know that this is a GIANT work-in-progress and will be for a very long time, as I have big, big plans for this! (Including art, LOTS of bbcode, secret stories, etc.) All I ask is that you not post here, as I would like to keep this as a collection of all my stories! Nevertheless, enjoy reading!

"Woosh...woosh...SPLASH!!" You jolt up from your peaceful slumber on warm sand to cold, salty water hitting your back. The first thing you see is hazy, but clear enough to get a general idea of what’s in front of you- you see you’re on the edge of a beach. You want to ponder how exactly you got washed up onto a beach, but there is no time for that. You took the hint given by the constant splashes of cold water behind you that the tide was rising over you- and quickly. Before you can take a good look ahead of you, you spread your little wings, and glide as fast as you can closer to the mainland of the mysterious island you found yourself on.

It isn't long after you escape your watery death before you find many tall tikis standing around, and you hastily decide to follow them in hopes of finding some other dragons- or any lifeforms, for that matter. Weren't tikis a symbol of good luck, anyway? You know you don’t have the time and energy to think back to your textbooks on tiki lore, and know you need to tread forward. Soon, the tikis would only get taller, and a path would get more and more obvious as you glided along the warm sand.

A little wooden archway soon makes itself present in front of you. It's small, but effective in it's simple job of welcoming newcomers to "Kahakai Island" and "Clan Kahakai". You yourself felt like you would be safer beyond that archway in Clan Kahakai's territory than you did alone just some time ago. Stepping inside the border, the first thing you notice are the many big huts around the area. Some in trees, a couple beside rock structures, and even some built inside particularly big sand-dunes. You can only assume most of these fragile-looking huts are held up by very powerful and consistent magic. You look around at all the homes in your line of sight, but the hut that most stood out to you was a somewhat small light brown hut, surrounded by piles of little shiny pearls, each one emanating a faint blue glow, which all together, made the house itself look like it was glowing blue. This hut was also the closest to the entrance you came from, and you simply wanted to sit down somewhere. You quickly make your way over and knock gingerly on the door, hoping not to come off as a threat to whoever might be lurking inside.

tAv8Cl2.png "Oh my goodness, don't tell me you're a newcomer!" You hear an excited voice through the giant palm-leaf door, also decorated with small pearls. "Please, come on in! I don't bite...unless you're a coconut cake!" The dragon loudly laughed at his own admittedly sub-par joke, and as you walked inside you could even see the dragon in front of you was still red from laughter. You paid less attention to the red-faced, icy-blue and brown Pearlcatcher in front of you and gazed at the many trinkets, shells, and even more little pearls neatly placed on shelves, inside pots and jars, and on top of stacks of worn leather books, all surrounded by the light brown-colored wooden walls, paneled the same way as the wood floor. However, even with the spectacles the hut held, the main thing you noticed was a small granite pillar in the center of the room, housing a large purple pillow which appeared to be cushioning a large, shining pearl. You could only assume it was the Pearlcatcher’s own pearl, seeing how polished and well-kept it looked.

"It's a great place, huh? I collected all of these beautiful pearls and shells myself, right on this island!" the Pearlcatcher commented as he waves his claw in front of your eyes, bringing you out of your curious gaze. "I'm Kepano, Keeper of Stories and Coconut Cakes for Clan Kahakai!" he enthusiastically laughed. You patiently wait for him to calm down again before asking where you are. "Where you are? You're in paradise! You'll love the dragons here- all such nice folks! We all love new dragons, but with the island being so hidden from the rest of the sea, we don't get them often...so i'm so, so glad you're here!" he explained with a warm smile and enthusiastic claw-movements.

You ask about the Clan Leader, who you presume knows the most about the island itself. "Do you mean Kailani? Oh, she's something! Real nice, she is! She'll tell you everything you need to know about the clan and the island!" Kepano assured. "However..." Kepano added on, "at this time of day, she'll be going scavenging out at sea..." he mentioned with a sigh of disappointment. You anxiously ask if anyone would be available to explain anything to you about the island at this time of day, and the answer once again disappoints. "Well...since you're just so nice, why don't I offer you the chance to learn more about the dragons on this island- right here and right now? You'll also learn a bit about the island itself while we're at it!" he muffled. Crumbs flew out of his mouth as he talked, and he was holding a half-eaten coconut cake in his claw, which you assume you simply didn't see him grab. He quickly gobbled down his cake, then made his way to the middle of his hut and stood beside his giant pearl, almost guarding it as he waited for you to come forward with him.

"Come over here, don't be shy! My pearl won't lash out at you!" Kepano remarked, gesturing you with his claw over to a chair in front of his pearl that stood proudly in the center of the hut. You sit down in front of the pearl, and Kepano takes a seat on the other end of the sphere. The first thing you notice is that the pearl itself, which you thought you knew so well from your inspection of it earlier, was actually shining the same faint blue glow as the pearls outside Kepano’s door. You assume it's powerful Water dragon magic at work, but you don't know how making a pearl magical would help anybody. Aside from that it seemed to be a normal pearl for a Pearlcatcher, albeit it’s unusually large size.

"Did you want to start?" he asks with a confused face. "Or... would you rather go out and look for Kailani right now?"

-Apologize for keeping Kepano waiting, and let him start doing his magic on the pearl.

-Apologize, thank him, and insist you should go looking for Kailani now. (Read down!)
swip.png - hi! i'm cassie.
- my pronouns are she/her.
- my timezone is fr+3.