Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Short story] Coli Fighting with Kiba
So it's always been my intent to write short stories or chapters after I finished with the lore for my dragons but while levelling fodder in the Coli with my newest love Kiba, I thought up this story and it was fun so I wrote it down. I'd really love to hear some feedback or constructive criticism or just if you liked the story. I'd like to know if anyone would like to see more stories or lore from me or if you'd like to see more written about Kiba [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24280841] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/242809/24280841_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] This is her, and this is the short story I wrote about a fight of hers in the Coli. [center][b]Kiba entered the Mire ready to battle.[/b] The two alongside her were weak newbies, Pilgrims they’d told her if she remembered right. They were in a rush to beef up a little before completing their Pilgrimage to the Lightweaver’s exaltation pillar. She couldn’t blame them a bit. As even the big guardian Devon, who towered over her, was a little on the scrawny side. The skydancer with him was even worse off. She didn’t mind though, she often fought with these types of companions by her side. Capriscen was simply on the way. She didn’t mind their inexperience though, she didn’t really need the help. The beasts they faced were two hungry looking blue Toridae and a smaller Common Podid. Kiba readied herself for the fight, buzzing with excitement. She exhaled softly and a soft pink curl of breath wisped around her fangs, bared in a grin. The edges of her outline began to blur as the spell worked its magic and she sped up. Kiba launched herself into battle, the first turn taken in an ambush. She dealt a harsh blow to the Podid at lightning speed before being knocked aside by the larger of the two Toridae. She spread her wings to steady herself and regain her footing before launching herself back at the creature as it hissed at her furiously. She was dimly aware of Devon and Markus finishing off the Podid she had wounded before her own combatant commanded her full attention. She leapt back to avoid a snap of its jaws mere inches from her face. The quick Mirror dealt a scratch to the blue reptile, raking her claws along its soft flesh below the armor. She took a second to renew her quickness spell and failed to account for the poisonous barbed tail arcing towards her. She screeched in pain as the stinger jabbed into her soft flesh behind her shoulder. She wouldn’t last much longer in this fight if she didn’t do something, however the Toridae wasn’t much better off. She’d hobbled the creature and it was bleeding badly. She took a deep breath and launched herself onto it and her battered body shrieked in protest, she could feel the poison racing through her bloodstream. The Toridae thrashed in a desperate attempt to shake her but she held on tight. She bit down hard on the only exposed part of its neck she could reach, sapping the life out of the creature to heal herself. The vivid pink breath curled out between her teeth, dizzying her as her vision doubled, more than usual. The Toridae went still, and like the Podid before it, it vanished in a plume of dust. Kiba turned her eyes to look to see how her companions were faring just in time to see the other Toridae bearing down on her only feet away from her. With no time for her to react and no energy left to attack the beast crunched its jaws shut on her and then she too was no longer on the battlefield. Instead she woke abruptly from her trance on the comfortingly cold floor of one of her nest, home in Capriscen. She shook her crest with some frustration and got to her feet to go to the buffet hall to get a meal. As she strode forward the phantom of her shoulder injury buzzed with a sharp pain but she walked it off. She suspected her poor companions would join her in the hall. She bore them no ill will, everyone loses a fight sometimes. “On the contrary,” She chuckled to herself, “I’m excited to see if they’ll fight with me again in the next round!” [/center]
So it's always been my intent to write short stories or chapters after I finished with the lore for my dragons but while levelling fodder in the Coli with my newest love Kiba, I thought up this story and it was fun so I wrote it down.

I'd really love to hear some feedback or constructive criticism or just if you liked the story. I'd like to know if anyone would like to see more stories or lore from me or if you'd like to see more written about Kiba This is her, and this is the short story I wrote about a fight of hers in the Coli.

Kiba entered the Mire ready to battle. The two alongside her were weak newbies, Pilgrims they’d told her if she remembered right. They were in a rush to beef up a little before completing their Pilgrimage to the Lightweaver’s exaltation pillar. She couldn’t blame them a bit. As even the big guardian Devon, who towered over her, was a little on the scrawny side. The skydancer with him was even worse off. She didn’t mind though, she often fought with these types of companions by her side. Capriscen was simply on the way. She didn’t mind their inexperience though, she didn’t really need the help.

The beasts they faced were two hungry looking blue Toridae and a smaller Common Podid. Kiba readied herself for the fight, buzzing with excitement. She exhaled softly and a soft pink curl of breath wisped around her fangs, bared in a grin. The edges of her outline began to blur as the spell worked its magic and she sped up.

Kiba launched herself into battle, the first turn taken in an ambush. She dealt a harsh blow to the Podid at lightning speed before being knocked aside by the larger of the two Toridae. She spread her wings to steady herself and regain her footing before launching herself back at the creature as it hissed at her furiously. She was dimly aware of Devon and Markus finishing off the Podid she had wounded before her own combatant commanded her full attention. She leapt back to avoid a snap of its jaws mere inches from her face. The quick Mirror dealt a scratch to the blue reptile, raking her claws along its soft flesh below the armor.

She took a second to renew her quickness spell and failed to account for the poisonous barbed tail arcing towards her. She screeched in pain as the stinger jabbed into her soft flesh behind her shoulder. She wouldn’t last much longer in this fight if she didn’t do something, however the Toridae wasn’t much better off. She’d hobbled the creature and it was bleeding badly.

She took a deep breath and launched herself onto it and her battered body shrieked in protest, she could feel the poison racing through her bloodstream. The Toridae thrashed in a desperate attempt to shake her but she held on tight. She bit down hard on the only exposed part of its neck she could reach, sapping the life out of the creature to heal herself. The vivid pink breath curled out between her teeth, dizzying her as her vision doubled, more than usual. The Toridae went still, and like the Podid before it, it vanished in a plume of dust.

Kiba turned her eyes to look to see how her companions were faring just in time to see the other Toridae bearing down on her only feet away from her. With no time for her to react and no energy left to attack the beast crunched its jaws shut on her and then she too was no longer on the battlefield. Instead she woke abruptly from her trance on the comfortingly cold floor of one of her nest, home in Capriscen.
She shook her crest with some frustration and got to her feet to go to the buffet hall to get a meal. As she strode forward the phantom of her shoulder injury buzzed with a sharp pain but she walked it off. She suspected her poor companions would join her in the hall. She bore them no ill will, everyone loses a fight sometimes. “On the contrary,” She chuckled to herself, “I’m excited to see if they’ll fight with me again in the next round!”
0f1mBJP.png