Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Lore Prompts] Order of the Rising Sun
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center]Day 6: [size=5][b]TREASURED[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/ntRJB7Q.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=17002307][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/170024/17002307.png[/img][/url][/center] After reluctantly parting ways with Aiva, Yokunen headed off in the direction of the forge of the head blacksmith of the Byrne Legion with a request that had been on his mind for months now. After much confusion, on Yoku’s part, including dodging flying metal and non sensible shouts about enough last minute requests to last his lifetime, Yoku headed instead for Pumice’s mate, Echino. He found her robed in a white coat, examining something under a microscope. She removed her jacket and pushed aside what she was doing to give him her full intention. “[color=orange][b]I came across this quite some time ago,[/b][/color]” Yokunen explained, reaching for something in the folds of his guise. “[color=orange][b]And I’ve been holding on to it ever since.[/b][/color]” He set down a rough stone. Echino moved to accept it, turning it over in her claws, testing various parts of it, and finally examining it under a different microscope. “[color=orange][b]I would appreciate it if it could be something she could wear over her heart. Something to remind her of hearth and home when we are not together.[/b][/color]” Echino was silent for some time, then finally set the stone down and smiled. “[color=#EC5B21]I am to know your timeline and I can do what you wish. Give me a full day to prepare this stone and another to create its setting. Come back on the third day to help me finish it and together we will create for you this hearthstone.[/color]”
Day 6:
TREASURED

ntRJB7Q.png17002307.png

After reluctantly parting ways with Aiva, Yokunen headed off in the direction of the forge of the head blacksmith of the Byrne Legion with a request that had been on his mind for months now. After much confusion, on Yoku’s part, including dodging flying metal and non sensible shouts about enough last minute requests to last his lifetime, Yoku headed instead for Pumice’s mate, Echino.

He found her robed in a white coat, examining something under a microscope. She removed her jacket and pushed aside what she was doing to give him her full intention. “I came across this quite some time ago,” Yokunen explained, reaching for something in the folds of his guise. “And I’ve been holding on to it ever since.” He set down a rough stone. Echino moved to accept it, turning it over in her claws, testing various parts of it, and finally examining it under a different microscope. “I would appreciate it if it could be something she could wear over her heart. Something to remind her of hearth and home when we are not together.

Echino was silent for some time, then finally set the stone down and smiled. “I am to know your timeline and I can do what you wish. Give me a full day to prepare this stone and another to create its setting. Come back on the third day to help me finish it and together we will create for you this hearthstone.
[center]Day 7: [size=5][b]DIRGE[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23927479][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/239275/23927479.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20381026][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/203811/20381026.png[/img][/url][/center] Aiva was at a loss for words, which was rare for her. After yesterday’s early morning run-in with Pinion, she had half-expected him to show up to this morning’s rendez-vous. Instead, she and Yokunen had their uninterrupted morning and went their separate ways. On her way home, she passed by the Flamecaller’s area of the Great Furnace, hoping to sneak a peek at the sun rising over the main arena and was shocked by what she saw. Mithril and a small army of soldiers were, well, she supposed ‘decorating’ was the intention, but certainly not the outcome. “[color=orange]What… is this for again… exactly?[/color]” she asked hesitantly, hoping the answer was going to be something like… a war meeting. Or perhaps something to scare the younglings into listening to their parents. “[color=#FF4000][b]Our Lady of Flames requested our assistance setting up for a rite of passage,[/b][/color]” Mithril answered coolly, not discontinuing his work. While Aiva knew most thought of metals and forging when they thought of Fire Flight, this felt like… overkill. Iron bars rose around a designated “aisle”, which was little more than a rocky outcrop a hair's breadth away from the lava pools. It gave the feeling of being in a prison… if that prison was slowly sinking into lava.The arena itself was littered with swords, maces, pikes, and all sort of weaponry which soldiers were attempting to hang on the cavernous walls. Firelight flickered ominously behind short, squat iron braziers and threw shadows more than offered any illumination. The stage that rose slightly above eye level seemed to have been decorated with the bones of the Flamecaller’s enemies. That was the last straw. “[color=orange]This won’t do… Atreyu! Basalt! Do we have any leftover banners from Flameforger’s?[/color]” A pair of Dragons trying to heft a rock on top of another rock looked at her dubiously, then looked to one another, and nodded. “[color=orange]Good, go get them, please. Anoa! Aunt Akari! Go see if we can find some of the tall-legged braziers with the open flames. How much time do we have to do this?[/color]” she asked, rounding on Mithril. The veteran offered the smallest of smirks, something unheard of mere months ago. “[color=#FF4000][b]Two days.[/b][/color]” Aiva sucked in a deep breath and nodded. It would be pushing it, but it needed to be done. The small Wildclaw scrambled atop a nearby ‘decorative’ boulder. “[color=orange]All right everyone, listen up! We can do better than this! Let’s make this rite one for the ages! For the Flamecaller![/color]” Mithril joined in the chorus of half-laughing cheers and stepped back to allow Aiva to add her touch to the event she was unknowingly decorating for her significant other.
Day 7:
DIRGE

23927479.png20381026.png

Aiva was at a loss for words, which was rare for her. After yesterday’s early morning run-in with Pinion, she had half-expected him to show up to this morning’s rendez-vous. Instead, she and Yokunen had their uninterrupted morning and went their separate ways. On her way home, she passed by the Flamecaller’s area of the Great Furnace, hoping to sneak a peek at the sun rising over the main arena and was shocked by what she saw. Mithril and a small army of soldiers were, well, she supposed ‘decorating’ was the intention, but certainly not the outcome. “What… is this for again… exactly?” she asked hesitantly, hoping the answer was going to be something like… a war meeting. Or perhaps something to scare the younglings into listening to their parents.

Our Lady of Flames requested our assistance setting up for a rite of passage,” Mithril answered coolly, not discontinuing his work.

While Aiva knew most thought of metals and forging when they thought of Fire Flight, this felt like… overkill. Iron bars rose around a designated “aisle”, which was little more than a rocky outcrop a hair's breadth away from the lava pools. It gave the feeling of being in a prison… if that prison was slowly sinking into lava.The arena itself was littered with swords, maces, pikes, and all sort of weaponry which soldiers were attempting to hang on the cavernous walls. Firelight flickered ominously behind short, squat iron braziers and threw shadows more than offered any illumination. The stage that rose slightly above eye level seemed to have been decorated with the bones of the Flamecaller’s enemies. That was the last straw.

This won’t do… Atreyu! Basalt! Do we have any leftover banners from Flameforger’s?” A pair of Dragons trying to heft a rock on top of another rock looked at her dubiously, then looked to one another, and nodded. “Good, go get them, please. Anoa! Aunt Akari! Go see if we can find some of the tall-legged braziers with the open flames. How much time do we have to do this?” she asked, rounding on Mithril.

The veteran offered the smallest of smirks, something unheard of mere months ago. “Two days.” Aiva sucked in a deep breath and nodded. It would be pushing it, but it needed to be done. The small Wildclaw scrambled atop a nearby ‘decorative’ boulder. “All right everyone, listen up! We can do better than this! Let’s make this rite one for the ages! For the Flamecaller!” Mithril joined in the chorus of half-laughing cheers and stepped back to allow Aiva to add her touch to the event she was unknowingly decorating for her significant other.
[center]Day 8: [size=5][b]NAKED[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/ntRJB7Q.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58817][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/589/58817.png[/img][/url][/center] “[color=#ff8400]Well hey there, sunshine, I didn’t know if you were doing to make it![/color]” Yokunen slowed as he reached the tailor, not expecting Cadence to hop down from his seat in front of the shop. “[color=orange][b]Well met, Cadence,[/b][/color]” Yoku greeted his fellow member of The Three. “[color=orange][b]I, uh… I didn’t expect you here.[/b][/color]” It was irregular for Yokunen to falter, but the light-hued Wildclaw had a way of bringing unwarranted emotions out of everyone he encountered. Cadence’s grin widened. “[color=#ff8400]Well of course,[/color]” he assured, throwing an arm around his compatriot. “[color=#ff8400]Who better to help dress you up all presentably after all?[/color]” Before Yoku could offer a sound of shock, Cadence ushered Yoku in. They had barely crossed the threshold when Cadence and an elder Dragon whipped Yoku’s guise off, and started unraveling his travelling bandages. “[color=orange][b]Cadence! Wait--! What are you--![/b][/color]” But his cries were in vain. Another couple minutes and Yoku was basically stripped down and thrust in a back area. The elder Dragon followed him in and began taking his measurements, which would have been fine, had Cadence not started bringing in armloads of clothes. “[color=#ff8400]Here,[/color]” he said, setting them in front of Yoku. “[color=#ff8400]Try these on.[/color]” -- Yokunen stood looking at himself in the mirror. Much to his chagrin, Cadence did not in fact seem to be sent by the Flamecaller and had little to do with his tailored attire. It was nearly [i]six hours[/i] before the tailor announced they were completed and Yoku realized Cadence had been dressing him for fun. However his horror at the “clothing” offered to him by Cadence was nothing compared to his mortal dread at putting on his actual “apparel”. Yoku took a deep breath, looking himself over. He was covered head-to-toe in delicate golden chains. They were incredibly ornate, light, and very thin. Silks hung from his arms and legs and about the largest piece offering him the most coverage was an etched armband bearing the Flamecaller’s insignia. Yoku didn’t realize how much he relied on his concealing guise to feel confident and this “apparel” left little to the imagination. For all intents and purposes, Yokunen was naked. He studied the chains and their links a little more closely and felt his breath catch in his throat. These were not just shiny bangles, but carefully crafted and forged pieces. They moved when he moved and were stronger than they appeared. Yoku knew from their weight that they were made to withstand the hottest magma, and the thought made him nervous. He didn’t expect to see Cadence standing outside the dressing area and the other Wildclaw offered a low whistle meant to make Yokunen uncomfortable. It worked. “[color=orange][b]Everything seems to be in order,[/b][/color]” Yoku stated matter-of-factly. “[color=orange][b]I’ll take my clothes back now so I don’t sully these.[/b][/color]” Cadence walked over and threw his arm around Yokunen again. “[color=#ff8400]Don’t you worry. I figured you’d want some time to get used to your new accoutrements, so I disposed of your other clothes.[/color]” Yoku’s mouth dropped open. “[color=#ff8400]No need to thank me![/color]” Cadence said jovially, patting him on the back. “[color=#ff8400]After all, what’re friends for?[/color]” [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/GYnnddG.png[/img][/url][/center]
Day 8:
NAKED

ntRJB7Q.png58817.png

Well hey there, sunshine, I didn’t know if you were doing to make it!

Yokunen slowed as he reached the tailor, not expecting Cadence to hop down from his seat in front of the shop. “Well met, Cadence,” Yoku greeted his fellow member of The Three. “I, uh… I didn’t expect you here.” It was irregular for Yokunen to falter, but the light-hued Wildclaw had a way of bringing unwarranted emotions out of everyone he encountered.

Cadence’s grin widened. “Well of course,” he assured, throwing an arm around his compatriot. “Who better to help dress you up all presentably after all?” Before Yoku could offer a sound of shock, Cadence ushered Yoku in.

They had barely crossed the threshold when Cadence and an elder Dragon whipped Yoku’s guise off, and started unraveling his travelling bandages. “Cadence! Wait--! What are you--!” But his cries were in vain. Another couple minutes and Yoku was basically stripped down and thrust in a back area. The elder Dragon followed him in and began taking his measurements, which would have been fine, had Cadence not started bringing in armloads of clothes. “Here,” he said, setting them in front of Yoku. “Try these on.

--

Yokunen stood looking at himself in the mirror. Much to his chagrin, Cadence did not in fact seem to be sent by the Flamecaller and had little to do with his tailored attire. It was nearly six hours before the tailor announced they were completed and Yoku realized Cadence had been dressing him for fun. However his horror at the “clothing” offered to him by Cadence was nothing compared to his mortal dread at putting on his actual “apparel”.

Yoku took a deep breath, looking himself over. He was covered head-to-toe in delicate golden chains. They were incredibly ornate, light, and very thin. Silks hung from his arms and legs and about the largest piece offering him the most coverage was an etched armband bearing the Flamecaller’s insignia. Yoku didn’t realize how much he relied on his concealing guise to feel confident and this “apparel” left little to the imagination. For all intents and purposes, Yokunen was naked.

He studied the chains and their links a little more closely and felt his breath catch in his throat. These were not just shiny bangles, but carefully crafted and forged pieces. They moved when he moved and were stronger than they appeared. Yoku knew from their weight that they were made to withstand the hottest magma, and the thought made him nervous.

He didn’t expect to see Cadence standing outside the dressing area and the other Wildclaw offered a low whistle meant to make Yokunen uncomfortable. It worked. “Everything seems to be in order,” Yoku stated matter-of-factly. “I’ll take my clothes back now so I don’t sully these.

Cadence walked over and threw his arm around Yokunen again. “Don’t you worry. I figured you’d want some time to get used to your new accoutrements, so I disposed of your other clothes.” Yoku’s mouth dropped open. “No need to thank me!” Cadence said jovially, patting him on the back. “After all, what’re friends for?
GYnnddG.png
[center]Day 9: [size=5][b]ETERNITY[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/zS35Wb4.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23927479][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/239275/23927479.png[/img][/url][/center] Yokunen’s mind wandered as he followed the path into the woods edging the Ashfall Wastes. Unlike their usual meeting times it was well before dawn and, also unlike usual, it had been a few days since they had been able to meet up. Yoku was a bundle of nerves as he approached, but that didn’t slow him down. Aiva stood clad in her samurai attire, looking out across the Firelands, her eyes drawn toward the Great Furnace. After this meeting the two of them would be heading for a rite of passage there that neither of them knew much about. She turned as she heard his approach and shock crossed her face briefly before her smile returned. “[color=orange]Well that is… unexpected![/color]” she said with a grin, crossing to touch her nose to the place where his neck and head met. Yokunen had grown slightly more used to his odd attire, but had forgotten Aiva hadn’t seen him in it yet. “[color=orange][b]Yes, it was… a shock,[/b][/color]” he offered simply. He didn’t tell her the things he had noticed about the way it was fashioned, or even the faint hum of trapped energy he felt it giving off. “[color=orange][b]Cadence threw out my clothes,[/b][/color]” he muttered grudgingly. He felt invigorated by Aiva’s immediate eruption of laughter. “[color=orange][b]Aiva,[/b][/color]” he began, and she stepped back tilting her head a little at his change in tone. “[color=orange][b]Aiva Ardghal, will you be my mate?[/b][/color]” Aiva grinned up at him. “[color=orange]This question is not new - are we not already mates? I will tell you yes a hundred times if I need to.[/color]” Yokunen let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and smiled kindly. “[color=orange][b]Yes, love, we are, however if you will have me, I would like you to be my [i]mate eternal[/i].[/b][/color]” He opened his hand to reveal the necklace he held. Aiva gasped, her hands inadvertently moving to cover her mouth. The chain and setting were rustic, strong, and yet somehow elegant, but it was the stone that caused her reaction. It seemed to shine as though it were lit from within by its own tiny fire. The color radiated outward, blending in with the setting and chain. “[color=orange][b]I want you by my side until the end of days,[/b][/color]” Yoku continued. “[color=orange][b]Mine to me, and mine. Mate.[/b][/color]” Tears welled up in Aiva’s eyes, but she didn’t hesitate in her response. “[color=orange]Yours to you, and mine to me. Mate.[/color]” Yokunen slipped the necklace over her head and they embraced. The call of a morning bird caused them to unwillingly separate, but together they headed down to the central arena of the Great Furnace. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23927479] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/239275/23927479_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
Day 9:
ETERNITY

zS35Wb4.png23927479.png

Yokunen’s mind wandered as he followed the path into the woods edging the Ashfall Wastes. Unlike their usual meeting times it was well before dawn and, also unlike usual, it had been a few days since they had been able to meet up. Yoku was a bundle of nerves as he approached, but that didn’t slow him down.

Aiva stood clad in her samurai attire, looking out across the Firelands, her eyes drawn toward the Great Furnace. After this meeting the two of them would be heading for a rite of passage there that neither of them knew much about. She turned as she heard his approach and shock crossed her face briefly before her smile returned. “Well that is… unexpected!” she said with a grin, crossing to touch her nose to the place where his neck and head met.

Yokunen had grown slightly more used to his odd attire, but had forgotten Aiva hadn’t seen him in it yet. “Yes, it was… a shock,” he offered simply. He didn’t tell her the things he had noticed about the way it was fashioned, or even the faint hum of trapped energy he felt it giving off. “Cadence threw out my clothes,” he muttered grudgingly. He felt invigorated by Aiva’s immediate eruption of laughter.

Aiva,” he began, and she stepped back tilting her head a little at his change in tone. “Aiva Ardghal, will you be my mate?

Aiva grinned up at him. “This question is not new - are we not already mates? I will tell you yes a hundred times if I need to.

Yokunen let out a breath he didn’t know he was holding and smiled kindly. “Yes, love, we are, however if you will have me, I would like you to be my mate eternal.” He opened his hand to reveal the necklace he held. Aiva gasped, her hands inadvertently moving to cover her mouth. The chain and setting were rustic, strong, and yet somehow elegant, but it was the stone that caused her reaction. It seemed to shine as though it were lit from within by its own tiny fire. The color radiated outward, blending in with the setting and chain. “I want you by my side until the end of days,” Yoku continued. “Mine to me, and mine. Mate.

Tears welled up in Aiva’s eyes, but she didn’t hesitate in her response. “Yours to you, and mine to me. Mate.” Yokunen slipped the necklace over her head and they embraced. The call of a morning bird caused them to unwillingly separate, but together they headed down to the central arena of the Great Furnace.
[center]Day 10: [size=5][b]PARADE[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=20381026][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/203811/20381026.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58817][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/589/58817.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/zS35Wb4.png[/img][/url][/center] The Great Furnace was already filling up with Dragons when Aiva and Yokunen arrived. They embraced again, then she headed inside, and he moved away from the path to meet up with Mithril and Cadence. Once most of the Dragons had arrived, whispers began overtaking over talking. All heads turned toward the entryway as three Dragons approached. [i]The Three![/i] The first was the Flamecaller’s Right Talon - Mithril. He was dressed as he normally would in battle attire, though today’s seemed a little bit more ornate and polished than usual. He was a large, muscular Dragon with a hide resembling the Molten Scar. His gait told of his comfort in combat and his expression told of his dislike for unnecessary banter. He nodded respectfully to some Dragons as he passed, but for the most part headed in a straight line for the stage. Shortly after him was Cadence Sylvertongue. Born of Light, Cadence had made his way to serve the Flamecaller and earned his place with his wit, eloquence, and persuasive speech. While many found him annoying and a flirt, they couldn’t deny that he had a presence to him and as much as anyone tried to dislike him, they were drawn to him, like a moth to the flame. He was able to coerce secrets out of the most guarded and make strangers feel like friends. He seemed to look at everyone at once and flashed a brilliant smile all the way. The whispers increased as the last Dragon approached. Normally cloaked in a spectre guise, The Flamecaller’s Shadow was shrouded in mystery. Rumor had it that he carried out the Flamecaller’s direct and least desirable orders. He was an assassin, and one of the very best. He was rarely seen unless he wanted to be, so to appear formally in front of such a crowd was unexpected. He carried himself almost regally as he walked, his head high. Once the Three were positioned on the stage, the crowd saw movement behind them, and a hush fell as the Flamecaller herself approached.
Day 10:
PARADE

20381026.png58817.pngzS35Wb4.png

The Great Furnace was already filling up with Dragons when Aiva and Yokunen arrived. They embraced again, then she headed inside, and he moved away from the path to meet up with Mithril and Cadence.

Once most of the Dragons had arrived, whispers began overtaking over talking. All heads turned toward the entryway as three Dragons approached. The Three!

The first was the Flamecaller’s Right Talon - Mithril. He was dressed as he normally would in battle attire, though today’s seemed a little bit more ornate and polished than usual. He was a large, muscular Dragon with a hide resembling the Molten Scar. His gait told of his comfort in combat and his expression told of his dislike for unnecessary banter. He nodded respectfully to some Dragons as he passed, but for the most part headed in a straight line for the stage.

Shortly after him was Cadence Sylvertongue. Born of Light, Cadence had made his way to serve the Flamecaller and earned his place with his wit, eloquence, and persuasive speech. While many found him annoying and a flirt, they couldn’t deny that he had a presence to him and as much as anyone tried to dislike him, they were drawn to him, like a moth to the flame. He was able to coerce secrets out of the most guarded and make strangers feel like friends. He seemed to look at everyone at once and flashed a brilliant smile all the way.

The whispers increased as the last Dragon approached. Normally cloaked in a spectre guise, The Flamecaller’s Shadow was shrouded in mystery. Rumor had it that he carried out the Flamecaller’s direct and least desirable orders. He was an assassin, and one of the very best. He was rarely seen unless he wanted to be, so to appear formally in front of such a crowd was unexpected. He carried himself almost regally as he walked, his head high.

Once the Three were positioned on the stage, the crowd saw movement behind them, and a hush fell as the Flamecaller herself approached.
[center]Day 11: [size=5][b]ADDRESS[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/2.png[/img][/url][/center] She had been watching them. On one hand - since they began entering this room, and on the other hand - since creation. After her bouts with the Shade, the Flamecaller had tried to take a quieter approach to her children. She wanted to allow them to grow and thrive as unhampered by herself as she could manage, but for a controlling, unevenly tempered fire deity, that was a lot to ask. Over the years she tried to remain distant, but did not ignore them when they sought her out and did not back down from a challenge. She felt now that this decision may have been wrong, and she intended to remedy it. She took her place in the center of the stage. Normally, she would dwarf most of the Dragons in this room, but through her decision, merely towered over them today. She spent her first moments surveying the room, looking at each Dragon that showed up individually and taking mental note. She nodded her great flamed head, pleased with the Clans and representative that had shown up. Action had always been her forte, and so she did not remain silent for long. “[color=crimson][i]My children, it has been a long time since we have spoken in such numbers. This showing to my summons pleases me.[/i][/color]” She let her eyes scan the room once more. “[color=crimson][i]Before me I see my ears and eyes - those of you who keep watch and alert me of the changes in the world and the other Flights. I see my wings -[/i][/color]” Pinion felt himself stand up a little straighter. “[color=crimson][i]those of you who do my bidding whether by message or by action with respect and authority. I see my talons -[/i][/color]” Mithril felt a smile cross his face beneath his armor. “[color=crimson][i]those who fight for our lands, and who keep our familiars and friends safe. I see my voice -[/i][/color]” Cadence openly grinned and tipped his head up. “[color=crimson][i]those who take my word and use it to our best advantages. And I see my flames -[/i][/color]” Yokunen nodded slightly. “[color=crimson][i]those whose unwavering loyalty and obedience burn brightly in the face of our foes.[/i][/color]” “[color=crimson][i]Together we have fended off the return of the Shade, we have battled the other Flights for supremacy, and we have dealt with the rise of the Beastclans. Now Sornieth itself is changing, and the Inferno has come.[/i][/color]” She allowed disapproval to color her tone before continuing. “[color=crimson][i]The bounty of the Ashfall Wastes was not meant to be lorded over and contained. It appeared FOR US, and it belongs TO US. To anyone born here and ventured to other Clans. To anyone from other Clans who call the Ashfall Wastes their home. Indeed, we have fought many battles against many foes, but I will NOT ALLOW us to fight OURSELVES.[/i][/color]” Her rich voice boomed and her flames crackled with her displeasure.
Day 11:
ADDRESS

2.png

She had been watching them. On one hand - since they began entering this room, and on the other hand - since creation. After her bouts with the Shade, the Flamecaller had tried to take a quieter approach to her children. She wanted to allow them to grow and thrive as unhampered by herself as she could manage, but for a controlling, unevenly tempered fire deity, that was a lot to ask. Over the years she tried to remain distant, but did not ignore them when they sought her out and did not back down from a challenge. She felt now that this decision may have been wrong, and she intended to remedy it.

She took her place in the center of the stage. Normally, she would dwarf most of the Dragons in this room, but through her decision, merely towered over them today. She spent her first moments surveying the room, looking at each Dragon that showed up individually and taking mental note. She nodded her great flamed head, pleased with the Clans and representative that had shown up. Action had always been her forte, and so she did not remain silent for long.

My children, it has been a long time since we have spoken in such numbers. This showing to my summons pleases me.” She let her eyes scan the room once more. “Before me I see my ears and eyes - those of you who keep watch and alert me of the changes in the world and the other Flights. I see my wings -” Pinion felt himself stand up a little straighter. “those of you who do my bidding whether by message or by action with respect and authority. I see my talons -” Mithril felt a smile cross his face beneath his armor. “those who fight for our lands, and who keep our familiars and friends safe. I see my voice -” Cadence openly grinned and tipped his head up. “those who take my word and use it to our best advantages. And I see my flames -” Yokunen nodded slightly. “those whose unwavering loyalty and obedience burn brightly in the face of our foes.

Together we have fended off the return of the Shade, we have battled the other Flights for supremacy, and we have dealt with the rise of the Beastclans. Now Sornieth itself is changing, and the Inferno has come.” She allowed disapproval to color her tone before continuing. “The bounty of the Ashfall Wastes was not meant to be lorded over and contained. It appeared FOR US, and it belongs TO US. To anyone born here and ventured to other Clans. To anyone from other Clans who call the Ashfall Wastes their home. Indeed, we have fought many battles against many foes, but I will NOT ALLOW us to fight OURSELVES.” Her rich voice boomed and her flames crackled with her displeasure.
[center]Day 12: [size=5][b]BLESSING[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/2.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/zS35Wb4.png[/img][/url][/center] The silence that followed her words was ominous and the air felt thicker. In the seconds that passed like ages, the Flamecaller composed herself. “[color=crimson][i]I know that I am hardly speaking to the guilty, but rather to those who shoulder my burden with me. And while this weight can be excruciating, it also reaps the greatest rewards.[/i][/color]” What they needed, she felt, was a show of her might. Something to rally to, to renew their stamina, and strengthen their resolve. “[color=crimson][i]Yokunen,[/i][/color]” she called. “[color=crimson][i]Step forward.[/i][/color]” Yokunen nodded his head, turning his back to the crowd so he was facing her. As he did so, Mithril and Cadence stepped back a few paces, then turned to face the Flamecaller as well, and took a knee. All eyes were on the Flamecaller. “[color=crimson][i]Born and raised of the Ashfall Wastes, you have overcome many difficulties in your life. Your travels took you beyond my reach, but still you remained loyal to me, and you returned to my service.[/i][/color]” Yokunen dipped his head briefly to her. “[color=crimson][i]When you returned to me, I gave you your name - [/i]Yokunen[i] - and brought your golden hue to the forefront. Today, I give you a new name. Today, I name you[/i] Kosuke[i].[/i][/color]” Her words rippled across Kosuke’s body, and he felt his forged apparel reacting. He felt warmth spreading around his entire being, and looked down to see his hands become dawn-kissed. “[color=orange][b]Thank you, my lady,[/b][/color]” he said, breathless from the change. The Flamecaller inclined her head to him, then took a single step back and turned, gesturing with open palm to the volcano behind her. “[color=crimson][i]Now,[/i] Kosuke[i], to complete your rite of passage, take the plunge.[/i][/color]” [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/0P3Gs4F.png[/img][/url][/center]
Day 12:
BLESSING

2.pngzS35Wb4.png

The silence that followed her words was ominous and the air felt thicker. In the seconds that passed like ages, the Flamecaller composed herself. “I know that I am hardly speaking to the guilty, but rather to those who shoulder my burden with me. And while this weight can be excruciating, it also reaps the greatest rewards.” What they needed, she felt, was a show of her might. Something to rally to, to renew their stamina, and strengthen their resolve. “Yokunen,” she called. “Step forward.

Yokunen nodded his head, turning his back to the crowd so he was facing her. As he did so, Mithril and Cadence stepped back a few paces, then turned to face the Flamecaller as well, and took a knee. All eyes were on the Flamecaller.

Born and raised of the Ashfall Wastes, you have overcome many difficulties in your life. Your travels took you beyond my reach, but still you remained loyal to me, and you returned to my service.” Yokunen dipped his head briefly to her. “When you returned to me, I gave you your name - Yokunen - and brought your golden hue to the forefront. Today, I give you a new name. Today, I name you Kosuke.

Her words rippled across Kosuke’s body, and he felt his forged apparel reacting. He felt warmth spreading around his entire being, and looked down to see his hands become dawn-kissed. “Thank you, my lady,” he said, breathless from the change.

The Flamecaller inclined her head to him, then took a single step back and turned, gesturing with open palm to the volcano behind her. “Now, Kosuke, to complete your rite of passage, take the plunge.
0P3Gs4F.png
[center]Day 13: [size=5][b]LEAP OF FAITH[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/gKhZkIV.png[/img][/url][/center] Kosuke stood on the volcano’s edge, looking down. Volcano diving had been a past-time in the Ashfall Wastes forever. One of his few positive childhood memories involved jumping into lava pools or smaller volcanoes for fun. His body was made to withstand the heat and often times he even used it as a method of scale-cleansing. He also knew that his new attire had been designed specifically for this. What froze Kosuke momentarily was not the height or the plunge itself, but stagefright. While he had prided himself on his backflips and other tricks as a child, this was a spectacle, a rite that had been done many times before and would be done many more times in the future. A test of sorts that the Flamecaller used. An [i]honor[/i]. One would jump into the air, retrieve something from the very bottom of her volcano, bring it up, set it down in the middle of the stage, and roar. He had been invited to see this rite once before, and he didn’t want to forget a step, especially in front of such a prestigious crowd. Kosuke felt the greatest urge to turn and look at Aiva. He knew he could pull strength from seeing her face, but he also knew this was something he needed to do alone. He took one long, deep breath letting the air out slowly and jumped from the ledge.
Day 13:
LEAP OF FAITH

gKhZkIV.png

Kosuke stood on the volcano’s edge, looking down. Volcano diving had been a past-time in the Ashfall Wastes forever. One of his few positive childhood memories involved jumping into lava pools or smaller volcanoes for fun. His body was made to withstand the heat and often times he even used it as a method of scale-cleansing. He also knew that his new attire had been designed specifically for this. What froze Kosuke momentarily was not the height or the plunge itself, but stagefright.

While he had prided himself on his backflips and other tricks as a child, this was a spectacle, a rite that had been done many times before and would be done many more times in the future. A test of sorts that the Flamecaller used. An honor. One would jump into the air, retrieve something from the very bottom of her volcano, bring it up, set it down in the middle of the stage, and roar. He had been invited to see this rite once before, and he didn’t want to forget a step, especially in front of such a prestigious crowd.

Kosuke felt the greatest urge to turn and look at Aiva. He knew he could pull strength from seeing her face, but he also knew this was something he needed to do alone. He took one long, deep breath letting the air out slowly and jumped from the ledge.
[center]Day 14: [size=5][b]REBORN[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=2][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/1/2.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/gKhZkIV.png[/img][/url][/center] As Kosuke vanished behind them, the Flamecaller continued. “[color=crimson][i]The Inferno has brought this bounty to us. It is to honor those we lost in our recurring fights with the Shade, the friends who turned on us as the Beastclans rose, the families torn apart.[/i][/color]” Kosuke welcomed the tingling sensation of being enveloped in magma. He had his sights set toward the bottom and dove down. There was a large chest though, oddly, the closer he got, the smaller it became. Quicker than he expected, he had reached the bottom. He grasped the chest, and felt a surge of energy roll over him. In one swift motion, he kicked off the bottom, propelling himself toward the surface. “[color=crimson][i]Together, we are stronger. When Fire Clans support Fire Clans, we have no match, no equal. Together, we will forge a new future for ourselves.[/i][/color]” With a massive clawed hand, the Flamecaller gestured to the volcano behind her and all of the Ashfall Wastes. “[color=crimson][i]This Inferno consumes,[/i][/color]” she turned, gesturing to all present. “[color=crimson][i]TOGETHER, we ARE the Inferno![/i][/color]” Kosuke erupted from below, the chest clutched between his front arms. He flew just above the platform he jumped from, and spread his wings wide, flecks of lava flying from his body as he did so. His first indication that something had changed was the looks of shock and awe from the gathered crowd, though then he saw Aiva’s face and the love and pride reflected in it and he re-gained himself. He landed in the center of the platform with the chest, reared back his head, and roared with everything in him. And the roar that met his ears, and the ears of all those present, was not of a Wildclaw, but an [i]Imperial[/i]. The Flamecaller looked at everyone individually and yet together at the same time. No one present was unaccounted for. Her voice rang clear as Kosuke’s roar ended. “[color=crimson][i]Are you with me, my [/i]Order of the Rising Sun[i]?[/i][/color]” There was not even a moment of hesitation from the crowd, and the sound was deafening. [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3476254][img]https://i.imgur.com/uAqlGGO.png[/img][/url][/center]
Day 14:
REBORN

2.pnggKhZkIV.png

As Kosuke vanished behind them, the Flamecaller continued. “The Inferno has brought this bounty to us. It is to honor those we lost in our recurring fights with the Shade, the friends who turned on us as the Beastclans rose, the families torn apart.

Kosuke welcomed the tingling sensation of being enveloped in magma. He had his sights set toward the bottom and dove down. There was a large chest though, oddly, the closer he got, the smaller it became. Quicker than he expected, he had reached the bottom. He grasped the chest, and felt a surge of energy roll over him. In one swift motion, he kicked off the bottom, propelling himself toward the surface.

Together, we are stronger. When Fire Clans support Fire Clans, we have no match, no equal. Together, we will forge a new future for ourselves.” With a massive clawed hand, the Flamecaller gestured to the volcano behind her and all of the Ashfall Wastes. “This Inferno consumes,” she turned, gesturing to all present. “TOGETHER, we ARE the Inferno!

Kosuke erupted from below, the chest clutched between his front arms. He flew just above the platform he jumped from, and spread his wings wide, flecks of lava flying from his body as he did so. His first indication that something had changed was the looks of shock and awe from the gathered crowd, though then he saw Aiva’s face and the love and pride reflected in it and he re-gained himself. He landed in the center of the platform with the chest, reared back his head, and roared with everything in him. And the roar that met his ears, and the ears of all those present, was not of a Wildclaw, but an Imperial.

The Flamecaller looked at everyone individually and yet together at the same time. No one present was unaccounted for. Her voice rang clear as Kosuke’s roar ended. “Are you with me, my Order of the Rising Sun?

There was not even a moment of hesitation from the crowd, and the sound was deafening.
uAqlGGO.png
[center][b]FAQ[/b][/center] [b]Why RP?[/b] Most of my internet "career", RP has been paramount in me being on any site. I had a close-knit group of friends I would spend HOURS creating stories with. After college, I went through some RL stuff and it slowed, basically to a stop within the last 5 or so years. I haven't even been good about getting my Dragon bios done. This was something I wanted to do for my rusty self to prove I can get back into it, and as it was a massive project for me to undertake, I wanted to involve my Flight and offer prizes. Then I had OOF friends who wanted to follow along, so I moved it here as well. *A note here, I started planning this event the end of February. It has been... crazy xD I had outlines done, and then Bounty of the Elements happened, and I edited it a little to include a nod to BoE. Then Yoku/Ko decided to snag two prompts for his mate, so I had to tangent around those, and then once people began replying In-Flight, I started moving from straight my lore to... more open, as well, so my Flight could be included properly. This included re-writing the ending a few times. xD I can't tell you the amount of revisions and updates I've made before posting each prompt and I still... am just proud of myself for getting something out there, because I see so many errors. xD;;; [b]WAIT, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?[/b] Well, you see, I had an [url=https://i.imgur.com/pGKTBYo.png][u]Imperial Scroll[/u][/url]. ;D [b]WHEN HOW HOW MUCH WHAT[/b] A RL friend of mine had two. They traded one off and were going to use their second, but decided not to. We worked out a price... and then the other three Imp Scrolls appeared. xD;; I paid more for mine (instead of the 500kg the others went for) but we had already set the deal and since it was a RL friend I was fine paying a bit more. (Plus - no competition - hey!) What really blows everyone's mind is how long I held onto it without using it. xD Here's some screenshots I took of the event :3 [list][*][url=https://imgur.com/pGKTBYo][u]Scrooooolllllllll[/u][/url] [*][url=https://imgur.com/xM1mgXO][u]IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING[/u][/url] [*][url=https://imgur.com/F0Xhgnz][u]OMG IT IS ISN'T IT[/u][/url] [*][url=https://i.imgur.com/Rx4jaqE.png][u]The Might of the Flamecaller[/u][/url][/list] I also totally did have a [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2266309][u]savings thread[/u][/url], but I didn't make it very public because I wanted to get Kosuke's Dragon bio completed and Aiva's updated first... and then I wanted to make it look a little nicer. WHOOPS.
FAQ

Why RP?
Most of my internet "career", RP has been paramount in me being on any site. I had a close-knit group of friends I would spend HOURS creating stories with. After college, I went through some RL stuff and it slowed, basically to a stop within the last 5 or so years. I haven't even been good about getting my Dragon bios done. This was something I wanted to do for my rusty self to prove I can get back into it, and as it was a massive project for me to undertake, I wanted to involve my Flight and offer prizes. Then I had OOF friends who wanted to follow along, so I moved it here as well.

*A note here, I started planning this event the end of February. It has been... crazy xD I had outlines done, and then Bounty of the Elements happened, and I edited it a little to include a nod to BoE. Then Yoku/Ko decided to snag two prompts for his mate, so I had to tangent around those, and then once people began replying In-Flight, I started moving from straight my lore to... more open, as well, so my Flight could be included properly. This included re-writing the ending a few times. xD I can't tell you the amount of revisions and updates I've made before posting each prompt and I still... am just proud of myself for getting something out there, because I see so many errors. xD;;;

WAIT, WHAT JUST HAPPENED?
Well, you see, I had an Imperial Scroll. ;D

WHEN HOW HOW MUCH WHAT
A RL friend of mine had two. They traded one off and were going to use their second, but decided not to. We worked out a price... and then the other three Imp Scrolls appeared. xD;; I paid more for mine (instead of the 500kg the others went for) but we had already set the deal and since it was a RL friend I was fine paying a bit more. (Plus - no competition - hey!) What really blows everyone's mind is how long I held onto it without using it. xD

Here's some screenshots I took of the event :3
I also totally did have a savings thread, but I didn't make it very public because I wanted to get Kosuke's Dragon bio completed and Aiva's updated first... and then I wanted to make it look a little nicer. WHOOPS.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9