Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | closed
1 2 3
I just want to practice writing quickly without worrying about the quality until later. I won't post any of my previous works here (you can check in my clan profile at the bottom if you [i]really[/i] want to (don't look at my clan it's a WIP)) since with those stories I spent a couple hours on, and with these I want to just try to write in a maximum of 1 hour. It won't mean that it'll be a terrible piece of writing when I give it to you though (but it will probably be bad). I will go over it and improve it if I feel like if I can, and then I'll give it to you~ Why am I doing this? Because I'm doing NaNo and I'm being too much of a perfectionist first time. I want to throw off my perfectionist cowl and just write the worst things and then improve it. [b]Form for Writing[/b] [code][b]Dragon/OC:[/b] give me either a picture or a link [b]Story or Lore:[/b] story or lore? [b]Details:[/b] Tell me anything about the derg/OC you want me to write about. If you don't give me any details I'll make up a personality and background for them, which may be something that you want/don't want.[/code] If you want to you can tell me a price range you would give me for the piece. This is all free, but I want to have a general understanding of how much people are willing to pay as I want to open a shop in the future. You can also critique me and give me advice on how to improve, I'd love to hear some feedback! (ps: just because im writing quickly doesnt mean ill give it back to you in a day. im in a busy time of life but i want to practice so... yeah)
I just want to practice writing quickly without worrying about the quality until later. I won't post any of my previous works here (you can check in my clan profile at the bottom if you really want to (don't look at my clan it's a WIP)) since with those stories I spent a couple hours on, and with these I want to just try to write in a maximum of 1 hour.

It won't mean that it'll be a terrible piece of writing when I give it to you though (but it will probably be bad). I will go over it and improve it if I feel like if I can, and then I'll give it to you~

Why am I doing this? Because I'm doing NaNo and I'm being too much of a perfectionist first time. I want to throw off my perfectionist cowl and just write the worst things and then improve it.

Form for Writing
Code:
[b]Dragon/OC:[/b] give me either a picture or a link [b]Story or Lore:[/b] story or lore? [b]Details:[/b] Tell me anything about the derg/OC you want me to write about. If you don't give me any details I'll make up a personality and background for them, which may be something that you want/don't want.

If you want to you can tell me a price range you would give me for the piece. This is all free, but I want to have a general understanding of how much people are willing to pay as I want to open a shop in the future. You can also critique me and give me advice on how to improve, I'd love to hear some feedback!

(ps: just because im writing quickly doesnt mean ill give it back to you in a day. im in a busy time of life but i want to practice so... yeah)
@PuffyRuffy [b]Dragon/OC:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33678138] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/336782/33678138_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Story or Lore:[/b] lore [b]Details:[/b] She is a blind seer (blind from birth) she can be temperamental at times and kind and gentle at other times.
@PuffyRuffy
Dragon/OC:

33678138_350.png

Story or Lore: lore
Details: She is a blind seer (blind from birth) she can be temperamental at times and kind and gentle at other times.
@PuffyRuffy I'd appreciate it if you'd like to write for Demon C: [b]Dragon/OC:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24980035] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/249801/24980035_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Story or Lore:[/b] Story, please. [b]Details:[/b] Has some lore in his bio. But basically a lonely, misunderstood rogue warrior who is not as savage as he appears. Blames himself for failing to protect/save Ivan, his best friend and partner, in a war.
@PuffyRuffy I'd appreciate it if you'd like to write for Demon C:

Dragon/OC:
24980035_350.png

Story or Lore: Story, please.
Details: Has some lore in his bio. But basically a lonely, misunderstood rogue warrior who is not as savage as he appears. Blames himself for failing to protect/save Ivan, his best friend and partner, in a war.
QBHm0vY.jpg
@HorrorFiend

Kleer is not woken up by the sun nor the moon. No, instead her primal spirit decides what to do and when to do it, no matter what the time is. Other dragons dare not to meddle with her unnatural behaviour, for the fear of being attacked without mercy from her uncontrollable body is far too great. Her monstrous features and disgusting looks make everyone else flee whenever she appears in their sight with their tail between their legs. The only job in her life is to stab fear into the hearts of other, and that job she does too well. Thieves and crooks never steal from her hoard in fear that, whilst in their sleep, Kleer will come and devour them for their misdeed towards her. Those many eyes of hers stare deep into anyone who looks upon her. They never blink, nor do they ever move, but yet they live from the power of Kleer’s soul. Only her putrid drooling and snapping jaws move in response to onlookers, growling and snarling and barking, begging to eat fresh meat of any kind.

It began when she had just broke out of her egg, signifying the start of her unfortunate life. A single, green eye was planted directly in her face, looking as though it had a thousand years already. The parents looked at Kleer is disgust and confusion, never wanting a mutated Snapper to have hatched from their perfect nest. But, when one lives next to the Wyrmwound, normal doesn’t exist there.

Kleer’s early life consisted of hiding her mutation shamefully. It wasn’t something that any dragon should ever have, and yet she was forsaken with the mysterious eye that was covered up every day. She hid it with a cloth bandage soaked in medicinal herbs, something that the clan doctor decided would prevent the eye from causing any more harm to her body.

Things began to get worse once she was close to being an adult. Her chest began to itch, and all day and night she itched and itched, scratching her body using whatever she could find. Then her hands, tail, and even her wings began to itch horribly. It was unbearable. Healers from ally clans came and went to try and help cease Kleer’s unending scratching, but whatever they came up with never stopped it.

Finally, on the day she was finally considered a fully grown dragon, something happened in her. The moment the clock struck midnight, Kleer felt pinching and bursts of pain where her body was raw from scratching, the greatest jolt of pain being on her neck and on the sides of her body. Kleer cried out in pain and shock, and her family rushed to see what was happening to her.

Dozens of green eyes, whether small or big, emerged all over her entire body, gazing lazily off into space as though they had always existed there since her hatch. Mouths and forked tongues spat green liquid onto the floor, grinning with uneven teeth as the dragons who had come stared in horror at what was in front of them. Only a few days and nights passed before the clan council decided that the best course of action would be to exile Kleer, as there was a possibility that she would mutate once more and go on a rampage.

At first, Kleer was devastated for the life she was destined to have: to forever wander across the unforgiving wastes of the Scarred Wasteland. Days and nights dragged by as she tried and tried again and again to return back to the clan, only to be turned back around, first with civil words before turning into violence. Eventually, after weeks of trying to prove herself as peaceful and innocent, she gave up on trying to return. There was no point of her to try anymore when even the clan leader saw that nothing good could come out of her.

Kleer then began to journey away. Away from the Wyrmwound, away from the clan, away from her past life. An unwanted feeling of sweet relief washed over her. At long last she could roam and grow without being shunned by anybody, her only sense of direction being where her instincts told her to go. Anything that crossed her path was consumed by the forever-hungry jaws, making Kleer fall even further into the hole of helplessness as the things fed off of her body and mind. By the time Kleer had reached the outskirts of the Plague lands she could no longer think for herself, only relying on the parasite that had infected her since birth. Her mission in life was finally decided: She was born to feed a creature that is rooted in every dragon; a thing that only emerges when the dragon decides that the way through life was through merciless violence and death.

There's your lore for Kleer! I spent roughly 1 hour on writing the basics for it, and then around half an hour on editing it a bit. I hope you like it~
@HorrorFiend

Kleer is not woken up by the sun nor the moon. No, instead her primal spirit decides what to do and when to do it, no matter what the time is. Other dragons dare not to meddle with her unnatural behaviour, for the fear of being attacked without mercy from her uncontrollable body is far too great. Her monstrous features and disgusting looks make everyone else flee whenever she appears in their sight with their tail between their legs. The only job in her life is to stab fear into the hearts of other, and that job she does too well. Thieves and crooks never steal from her hoard in fear that, whilst in their sleep, Kleer will come and devour them for their misdeed towards her. Those many eyes of hers stare deep into anyone who looks upon her. They never blink, nor do they ever move, but yet they live from the power of Kleer’s soul. Only her putrid drooling and snapping jaws move in response to onlookers, growling and snarling and barking, begging to eat fresh meat of any kind.

It began when she had just broke out of her egg, signifying the start of her unfortunate life. A single, green eye was planted directly in her face, looking as though it had a thousand years already. The parents looked at Kleer is disgust and confusion, never wanting a mutated Snapper to have hatched from their perfect nest. But, when one lives next to the Wyrmwound, normal doesn’t exist there.

Kleer’s early life consisted of hiding her mutation shamefully. It wasn’t something that any dragon should ever have, and yet she was forsaken with the mysterious eye that was covered up every day. She hid it with a cloth bandage soaked in medicinal herbs, something that the clan doctor decided would prevent the eye from causing any more harm to her body.

Things began to get worse once she was close to being an adult. Her chest began to itch, and all day and night she itched and itched, scratching her body using whatever she could find. Then her hands, tail, and even her wings began to itch horribly. It was unbearable. Healers from ally clans came and went to try and help cease Kleer’s unending scratching, but whatever they came up with never stopped it.

Finally, on the day she was finally considered a fully grown dragon, something happened in her. The moment the clock struck midnight, Kleer felt pinching and bursts of pain where her body was raw from scratching, the greatest jolt of pain being on her neck and on the sides of her body. Kleer cried out in pain and shock, and her family rushed to see what was happening to her.

Dozens of green eyes, whether small or big, emerged all over her entire body, gazing lazily off into space as though they had always existed there since her hatch. Mouths and forked tongues spat green liquid onto the floor, grinning with uneven teeth as the dragons who had come stared in horror at what was in front of them. Only a few days and nights passed before the clan council decided that the best course of action would be to exile Kleer, as there was a possibility that she would mutate once more and go on a rampage.

At first, Kleer was devastated for the life she was destined to have: to forever wander across the unforgiving wastes of the Scarred Wasteland. Days and nights dragged by as she tried and tried again and again to return back to the clan, only to be turned back around, first with civil words before turning into violence. Eventually, after weeks of trying to prove herself as peaceful and innocent, she gave up on trying to return. There was no point of her to try anymore when even the clan leader saw that nothing good could come out of her.

Kleer then began to journey away. Away from the Wyrmwound, away from the clan, away from her past life. An unwanted feeling of sweet relief washed over her. At long last she could roam and grow without being shunned by anybody, her only sense of direction being where her instincts told her to go. Anything that crossed her path was consumed by the forever-hungry jaws, making Kleer fall even further into the hole of helplessness as the things fed off of her body and mind. By the time Kleer had reached the outskirts of the Plague lands she could no longer think for herself, only relying on the parasite that had infected her since birth. Her mission in life was finally decided: She was born to feed a creature that is rooted in every dragon; a thing that only emerges when the dragon decides that the way through life was through merciless violence and death.

There's your lore for Kleer! I spent roughly 1 hour on writing the basics for it, and then around half an hour on editing it a bit. I hope you like it~
@PuffyRuffy [b]Dragon/OC:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36290895] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/362909/36290895_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Story or Lore:[/b] lore [b]Details:[/b] Go crazy/do whatever you want! :)
@PuffyRuffy
Dragon/OC:
36290895_350.png

Story or Lore: lore
Details: Go crazy/do whatever you want! :)
[b]Dragon/OC:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33772171] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/337722/33772171_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Story or Lore:[/b] Lore [b]Details:[/b] She's a merchant, and she's a lesbian. Anything else, go wild!
Dragon/OC:

33772171_350.png

Story or Lore: Lore
Details: She's a merchant, and she's a lesbian. Anything else, go wild!
WMVWGXM.png
@PuffyRuffy [b]Dragon/OC:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36061384] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=36061384&skin=18712&apparel=3694,3681,3623,3626,3624,3625,3682,3693,1750,1629&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/url] [b]Story or Lore:[/b] Story. [b]Details:[/b] Kurui is a delicate and gentle dragon with some magic. That's literally everything I have for her now (lol on my writing skills), so not sure what her backstory could be. Feel free to do what you think appropiate for her, but just nothing too dark or extremely dramatic.
@PuffyRuffy

Dragon/OC:

dragon?did=36061384&skin=18712&apparel=3694,3681,3623,3626,3624,3625,3682,3693,1750,1629&xt=dressing.png

Story or Lore: Story.

Details: Kurui is a delicate and gentle dragon with some magic. That's literally everything I have for her now (lol on my writing skills), so not sure what her backstory could be. Feel free to do what you think appropiate for her, but just nothing too dark or extremely dramatic.
vOi9e2i.png
@Dracana

Born as blind as a bat, Fenella is seen as mysterious and almost mystical by other dragons. Every month she receives a vision from what she assumes to be the skies above, where she believes that the origin of dragons started. These visions tell her about the upcoming future for a dragon that she knows of. It could be anyone, from an elderly Imperial to a newly hatched Nocturne, but she can easily pinpoint the exact person by recalling the vision, using the senses in it, including sight, to figure out who the most likely candidate is for the vision. Fenella always anticipates these sudden prophecies with excitement, as it is the only time she can see the world around her.

She is typically calm whenever she is inside her clan walls. She has a high position in the clan, for her prophecies are almost always correct and are important to the well being of the clan in the future. A great achievement of hers is, during on of her prophecies, she saw a horde of exiles coming through the fields and ferociously raiding the dragons without being able to warn them in time, resulting in the almost utter destruction of the clan. The clan leader listened to Fenella’s horrific prophecy, and prepared the warriors of the clan for an ambush from towards the north. The beginning of the prophecy came true, but the bloody end of the clan was averted from the anticipation of the attack. From then on Fenella was extremely respected throughout the clan, and loved for her magical ability.

However, Fenella has a nasty reputation within her bloodline. Fenella hatched a clutch of four Skydancers, each born without her power. She tried to teach them how to unlock the ability that she was certain was deep within them, but each and every one of them ended up leaving her to fight for their deity - a trait they obtained from their bloodthirsty father. Fenella grew furious as each one of her dragons left, leaving her spiteful for all hatchlings and young adults within the clan, believing that they too will ignore their parents’ wishes for their own selfish wants.

Fenella’s mood can swing suddenly if somebody does something wrong to her or does something she doesn’t approve of. One second she can be kind and caring to the visitor within her home, but the next she can be as loud as a hurricane while shouting at them for disturbing her meditation. Hatchlings fear her for this and never dare to approach her, which leaves Fenella quite happy to not having to deal with their foolishness.

She is also an elder dragon within the clan. She has lived many years on Sonreith, and she is often asked for guidance by strangers and friends who aren’t sure where to go with their life, feeling unfulfilled. Fenella cannot give them a straight answer as her power is weaker when she tries to use it on her own, often making her frustrated when she can’t help them. She uses special charms and homemade incenses to help her focus on the dragon’s future, but it still only gives her a hazy understanding of what is to come for them. Adults respect her for her mature outlook and wise advice when she answers her clients’ unknown questions. Fenella is more than glad to use her ability for the help of others.

Fenella is trying to further improve her powers of sight by spending time each night sitting and listening to her soul and mind, focusing her concentration. She tries to find out her future each time she does this, but whenever she attempts that she gets a searing sensation within her core that forces her to stop - almost as if it’s a warning for her. Fenella is curious about the power she has, and wishes to one day unlock all of the secrets of it. She isn’t sure how she got this mysterious ability, but she knows that she is grateful for it. One thing that Fenella is almost certain of is that, if she had hatched without anything special about her other than being blind, she would have a very, very boring life.

There you go! I tried spending about 20 minutes blasting out my ideas onto paper and then refining it afterwards. I think it worked out alright, but you tell me if you think I could have improved somewhere~
@Dracana

Born as blind as a bat, Fenella is seen as mysterious and almost mystical by other dragons. Every month she receives a vision from what she assumes to be the skies above, where she believes that the origin of dragons started. These visions tell her about the upcoming future for a dragon that she knows of. It could be anyone, from an elderly Imperial to a newly hatched Nocturne, but she can easily pinpoint the exact person by recalling the vision, using the senses in it, including sight, to figure out who the most likely candidate is for the vision. Fenella always anticipates these sudden prophecies with excitement, as it is the only time she can see the world around her.

She is typically calm whenever she is inside her clan walls. She has a high position in the clan, for her prophecies are almost always correct and are important to the well being of the clan in the future. A great achievement of hers is, during on of her prophecies, she saw a horde of exiles coming through the fields and ferociously raiding the dragons without being able to warn them in time, resulting in the almost utter destruction of the clan. The clan leader listened to Fenella’s horrific prophecy, and prepared the warriors of the clan for an ambush from towards the north. The beginning of the prophecy came true, but the bloody end of the clan was averted from the anticipation of the attack. From then on Fenella was extremely respected throughout the clan, and loved for her magical ability.

However, Fenella has a nasty reputation within her bloodline. Fenella hatched a clutch of four Skydancers, each born without her power. She tried to teach them how to unlock the ability that she was certain was deep within them, but each and every one of them ended up leaving her to fight for their deity - a trait they obtained from their bloodthirsty father. Fenella grew furious as each one of her dragons left, leaving her spiteful for all hatchlings and young adults within the clan, believing that they too will ignore their parents’ wishes for their own selfish wants.

Fenella’s mood can swing suddenly if somebody does something wrong to her or does something she doesn’t approve of. One second she can be kind and caring to the visitor within her home, but the next she can be as loud as a hurricane while shouting at them for disturbing her meditation. Hatchlings fear her for this and never dare to approach her, which leaves Fenella quite happy to not having to deal with their foolishness.

She is also an elder dragon within the clan. She has lived many years on Sonreith, and she is often asked for guidance by strangers and friends who aren’t sure where to go with their life, feeling unfulfilled. Fenella cannot give them a straight answer as her power is weaker when she tries to use it on her own, often making her frustrated when she can’t help them. She uses special charms and homemade incenses to help her focus on the dragon’s future, but it still only gives her a hazy understanding of what is to come for them. Adults respect her for her mature outlook and wise advice when she answers her clients’ unknown questions. Fenella is more than glad to use her ability for the help of others.

Fenella is trying to further improve her powers of sight by spending time each night sitting and listening to her soul and mind, focusing her concentration. She tries to find out her future each time she does this, but whenever she attempts that she gets a searing sensation within her core that forces her to stop - almost as if it’s a warning for her. Fenella is curious about the power she has, and wishes to one day unlock all of the secrets of it. She isn’t sure how she got this mysterious ability, but she knows that she is grateful for it. One thing that Fenella is almost certain of is that, if she had hatched without anything special about her other than being blind, she would have a very, very boring life.

There you go! I tried spending about 20 minutes blasting out my ideas onto paper and then refining it afterwards. I think it worked out alright, but you tell me if you think I could have improved somewhere~
@PuffyRuffy

Ahhhhh! It's perfect! I love it! Thank you so much <3
@PuffyRuffy

Ahhhhh! It's perfect! I love it! Thank you so much <3
@PuffyRuffy
Hi is this still open for requests?
@PuffyRuffy
Hi is this still open for requests?
QFXpYkj.png 6Af94.gif
1 2 3