Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Challenge - 30 Days, 30 Dragons
1 2
30 Days, 30 Dragons

I've had a story in my head for years. Years upon years. And the smallest thing will trip me up and make me abandon it for additional years. Whenever NaNoWriMo comes around, I swear I'll sit down and get it out, but then the same thing happens, or life happens, and... well... it never comes to fruition.

Lately I've been complaining about my creativity in general, and can't even get myself enough time or motivation to get my Dragon bios completed and updated. (I just recently had my first child in April.) So a good friend of mine *cough*@CyriusLi*cough* suggested - why not do a Dragon bio each day? Since the great Photobucket Catastrophe of 2017, now I haven't even switched over most of my images, so this really sounds like four birds with one stone.

I figured I'd make a topic to try and track and keep myself going. I'm worried I'll skip my larger, more RP-intensive important Dragons, but to counter this - I want to finally get a saving topic going for my big saving plan, and that requires two perma Dragons minimum be updated, four would be better. So there's my goals. I want to get this updated daily (or as close to it as I can - I'll be visiting family for a weekend so they'll get done early/late then).

So... there we are. Feel free to throw encouragement (please stow the stones xD), ask questions if you'd like, or heck, play along with me! Since I'm trying to cut down my Lair, this should be simple, right? xD
30 Days, 30 Dragons

I've had a story in my head for years. Years upon years. And the smallest thing will trip me up and make me abandon it for additional years. Whenever NaNoWriMo comes around, I swear I'll sit down and get it out, but then the same thing happens, or life happens, and... well... it never comes to fruition.

Lately I've been complaining about my creativity in general, and can't even get myself enough time or motivation to get my Dragon bios completed and updated. (I just recently had my first child in April.) So a good friend of mine *cough*@CyriusLi*cough* suggested - why not do a Dragon bio each day? Since the great Photobucket Catastrophe of 2017, now I haven't even switched over most of my images, so this really sounds like four birds with one stone.

I figured I'd make a topic to try and track and keep myself going. I'm worried I'll skip my larger, more RP-intensive important Dragons, but to counter this - I want to finally get a saving topic going for my big saving plan, and that requires two perma Dragons minimum be updated, four would be better. So there's my goals. I want to get this updated daily (or as close to it as I can - I'll be visiting family for a weekend so they'll get done early/late then).

So... there we are. Feel free to throw encouragement (please stow the stones xD), ask questions if you'd like, or heck, play along with me! Since I'm trying to cut down my Lair, this should be simple, right? xD
The Dragons

Day 1: Andromeda
Day 2: Pumice
Day 3: Anoa
Day 4: Nákra
Day 5: Echino
Day 6: Mamoru
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
spa
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
spa
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30

"Goal" Dragons to do: Yokunen, Aiva, Mithril, Anoa, HARVEST
The Dragons

Day 1: Andromeda
Day 2: Pumice
Day 3: Anoa
Day 4: Nákra
Day 5: Echino
Day 6: Mamoru
Day 7
Day 8
Day 9
Day 10
spa
Day 11
Day 12
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16
Day 17
Day 18
Day 19
Day 20
spa
Day 21
Day 22
Day 23
Day 24
Day 25
Day 26
Day 27
Day 28
Day 29
Day 30

"Goal" Dragons to do: Yokunen, Aiva, Mithril, Anoa, HARVEST
Yay! I am such a bad influence! I can't wait for you to start! I'll be here to help and encourage the entire way!
Yay! I am such a bad influence! I can't wait for you to start! I'll be here to help and encourage the entire way!
tRgMnPq.pngacecatcher.pngrare.png
@Cyriusli

Me: "I just want to do brainless things like level and watch poop tv"
You: "Creativity!"
Me: "POOPY TV."
Me: "Fine, I'll just do a thing..."
Also Me: /creates grand topic with flashing lights and plans of re-imaging and coding entire bios
(May be a little facetious with the above...)

>_> xD
@Cyriusli

Me: "I just want to do brainless things like level and watch poop tv"
Me: "POOPY TV."
Me: "Fine, I'll just do a thing..."
Also Me: /creates grand topic with flashing lights and plans of re-imaging and coding entire bios
(May be a little facetious with the above...)

>_> xD
@JovaniSkye If I could like this, I would 'cause that is pretty much how it happened XD
@JovaniSkye If I could like this, I would 'cause that is pretty much how it happened XD
Well holy goodness, that was a start.

I figured I'd start with someone "easy", as this first Dragon I got with a pre-made bio from a lore service. She was triple basic and I fell in love with the story. I figured since I had something to start from, she would be simpler. But NOPE.

Spent last night trying to move her images over while Photobucket glitched at me.

Took two nap times today to get that story. I feel the last bit is rushed and I'm not super pleased with it... I also made her a lot nicer than I've always seen her, but, DAY ONE HERE WE GO.

Day One: Andromeda

*For those curious, this is the lore she came with. I had altered some of it once I got her, but I only made little changes.

Quote:
It is written that the heavens did not sing before Andromeda was born.

There was a dark elegance to her, scribed in every dark scale; though her coat was dark, her eyes shone with the electricity of the Stormcatcher. Since her youth, she was concerned with her pursuit of truth and justice. When an oracle told her that she was destined to be saved from a terrible fate by another dragon's claws, she scoffed. She didn't need anyone else's help to succeed, and she would not sit idly by if her future lay in reliance.

Rather than accept the prophecy, she honed her skills as a warrior, becoming more fearsome than anyone could have ever dreamed. When the time came, it was her supposed savior who needed help, and she rescued him without batting an eyelash. It is said that he fell deeply in love with her on that day, though she had no care for his affections. When he swore that he would find her again, she shrugged him off with a dismissive frown, returning to her home in the northernmost peaks.

She is said to retain her battle prowess, and serves as the herald of night into day. By night she takes wing through the stars, soaring high into the heavens, keeping watch on the goings-on of other dragons. Perhaps one day the dragon she had saved would find her, but she wouldn't trouble herself with that detail until he managed to do it.
Well holy goodness, that was a start.

I figured I'd start with someone "easy", as this first Dragon I got with a pre-made bio from a lore service. She was triple basic and I fell in love with the story. I figured since I had something to start from, she would be simpler. But NOPE.

Spent last night trying to move her images over while Photobucket glitched at me.

Took two nap times today to get that story. I feel the last bit is rushed and I'm not super pleased with it... I also made her a lot nicer than I've always seen her, but, DAY ONE HERE WE GO.

Day One: Andromeda

*For those curious, this is the lore she came with. I had altered some of it once I got her, but I only made little changes.

Quote:
It is written that the heavens did not sing before Andromeda was born.

There was a dark elegance to her, scribed in every dark scale; though her coat was dark, her eyes shone with the electricity of the Stormcatcher. Since her youth, she was concerned with her pursuit of truth and justice. When an oracle told her that she was destined to be saved from a terrible fate by another dragon's claws, she scoffed. She didn't need anyone else's help to succeed, and she would not sit idly by if her future lay in reliance.

Rather than accept the prophecy, she honed her skills as a warrior, becoming more fearsome than anyone could have ever dreamed. When the time came, it was her supposed savior who needed help, and she rescued him without batting an eyelash. It is said that he fell deeply in love with her on that day, though she had no care for his affections. When he swore that he would find her again, she shrugged him off with a dismissive frown, returning to her home in the northernmost peaks.

She is said to retain her battle prowess, and serves as the herald of night into day. By night she takes wing through the stars, soaring high into the heavens, keeping watch on the goings-on of other dragons. Perhaps one day the dragon she had saved would find her, but she wouldn't trouble herself with that detail until he managed to do it.
Figured I'd go to someone who I had intended to make "blurby" to catch up. In my mind, Pumice was the sort of mad scientist/uber intelligent little guy. Pretty proud of this, and I think I got to come across what I had wanted. Sort of feel like I need to do Echino next, though hers would be a little longer, probably.

Hard to write about someone so much more intelligent then yourself. xD;;

Day Two: Pumice
Figured I'd go to someone who I had intended to make "blurby" to catch up. In my mind, Pumice was the sort of mad scientist/uber intelligent little guy. Pretty proud of this, and I think I got to come across what I had wanted. Sort of feel like I need to do Echino next, though hers would be a little longer, probably.

Hard to write about someone so much more intelligent then yourself. xD;;

Day Two: Pumice
I love both of these XD Your dragons are so cool lol
I love both of these XD Your dragons are so cool lol
Well, I tangented (but now I'm caught up!) and went to one of my main Dragons. She's missing a couple important adoptables, so I'm going to work on the last cruddy bit of her story once they're in. (She's mated to Mithril, and they have a couple adopt coming.)

Day Three: Anoa

@Cyriusli Awww, thanks :D I only spend an obsessive amount on them that no one gets to know/see xD;; I forget to put up adoptables and never get things done for everyone else to read. If I can follow through on this, ho-boy. So many stories. I feel so rusty though :c Back in college I was writing and RPing so constantly, that I felt I was making so much creative process. It just went down hill from about the time I got out here and never... got back up :c
Well, I tangented (but now I'm caught up!) and went to one of my main Dragons. She's missing a couple important adoptables, so I'm going to work on the last cruddy bit of her story once they're in. (She's mated to Mithril, and they have a couple adopt coming.)

Day Three: Anoa

@Cyriusli Awww, thanks :D I only spend an obsessive amount on them that no one gets to know/see xD;; I forget to put up adoptables and never get things done for everyone else to read. If I can follow through on this, ho-boy. So many stories. I feel so rusty though :c Back in college I was writing and RPing so constantly, that I felt I was making so much creative process. It just went down hill from about the time I got out here and never... got back up :c
@JovaniSkye Again, I'm such a bad influence XD It will come back to you real quick, don't worry!
@JovaniSkye Again, I'm such a bad influence XD It will come back to you real quick, don't worry!
1 2