Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | lamplight || an interactive lore story
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
#1, the more she knows the better
#1, the more she knows the better
@Pufferheart

You've been added!
@Pufferheart

You've been added!
TPoSyOQ.png 51xsGFL.png 10x10.png 10x10.png 10x10.png
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
1 !
1 !
115231.gif172037.gif172039.gif
Oo I just read all of it so far and am really enjoying it. Can I please be added to the pinglist?
and

#1 , I want to know what other dragons will think about that...

((Edit: On the front page there are two chapters(?) numbered 5. Just a heads up :3 ))
Oo I just read all of it so far and am really enjoying it. Can I please be added to the pinglist?
and

#1 , I want to know what other dragons will think about that...

((Edit: On the front page there are two chapters(?) numbered 5. Just a heads up :3 ))
lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
@NocturnistheDark

You've been added! Thank you so much for pointing out the two fives, I definitely wouldn't have noticed for a long time :D
@NocturnistheDark

You've been added! Thank you so much for pointing out the two fives, I definitely wouldn't have noticed for a long time :D
Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
[rule] [rule] [center][img]https://s26.postimg.org/gu1wivefd/slide_317791_2930101_free.jpg[/img][/center] [rule] [rule] [font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]Aan swallowed nervously. "There's something else, too." Un glanced at her. "And what's that?" She shifted rather anxiously, before breathing in. "I've got... voices. It feels normal, but nobody else seems to talk about having them. In my dream, they told me that [i]it[/i] was there, and then there was the other voice, but not like the others, darker and deeper. If that makes any sense." Un stiffened, and her mouth went taut. "That... I've only heard of that a few times, and even then, that was in the old ages, after the Shattering of the Pillar. Ancient, powerful mages," she said, with an air of fear. "Unstable." "Unstable?" Ophelius asked. "Yes," Un replied. "They... some went insane. Others, they lost themselves." Un shook slightly. "I fear for her. Her, and the entire Canyon." With more sympathy, Un glanced over at Aan, now visibly shaking, and said, "Do not fear, child. Magic is a complicated thing. We know so little of those mages, and perhaps your voices will not remain for long." '[i]That can't be true,[/i]' Aan thought to herself. '[i]They've never done anything to hurt me![/i]' [i]Do not listen to her,[/i] the voices said. [i]She knows not what we truly are.[/i] "They aren't evil. I know they're not." "You do not know enough about them yet. You're just a hatchling, Aan," Un said. "But, I believe you. For now." The way that Ophelius looked at Aan became odd, as if he was looking at a particularly intriguing specimen. His fear was somewhat gone. "Fascinating. I never thought that I'd have the opportunity to see a magical advance this rare in my entire lifetime!" He pranced around, investigating her wings and scales, to Aan's slight discomfort and Un's disgust. "Honestly, Ophelius, leave her alone!" she cried, nudging him roughly with her wings. "Right, right, sorry," he said. "I get a little overexcited sometimes." Un sighed. "You have the intelligence of half a glowworm sometimes, Ophelius. I don't know why you decided being a scientist was your passion." Ophelius narrowed his eyes. "I may not be the most intelligent, Un, but I have an eccentric spirit." She snorted. "Right. I'm sure you do. Now, let's stop wasting our time. Aan, I've got to ask you a question." "Yes?" Aan said, thoroughly confused. Un looked at her with a new sense of respect, as if seeing a true equal, although dangerous, in her. "You have great magical potential, and you might need help," she began. "Ophelius may be... scholarly. He knows the history of the old mages. I, on the other hand, have given my life to magic. I live by the Sight, the power of the true opening of eyes. As much as I hate to admit it, we could [i]both[/i] be of service to you. So, I suppose the choice is yours to make. Would you like to stay at Ophelius's home, or would you like to stay in my tent, with me? Don't worry; you'll be able to see both of us around." [center][font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]---[/center] [font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]1. Stay with Ophelius. 2. Stay with Un. [rule] [rule] [center][font=cambria][size=3][color=4A5156]@WorldOfOurOwn @Etzili @Korax @Baelfin @GlitterDCMarvel @Raccoongirl @Geology @widmo @Talismarr @JasperQuartz @Dawnsky23 @WithoutBounds @Einstakur @Ariya @Enako @ArtisticDragonn @Pufferheart @NocturnistheDark[/center] [rule] [rule]

slide_317791_2930101_free.jpg

Aan swallowed nervously. "There's something else, too." Un glanced at her. "And what's that?" She shifted rather anxiously, before breathing in. "I've got... voices. It feels normal, but nobody else seems to talk about having them. In my dream, they told me that it was there, and then there was the other voice, but not like the others, darker and deeper. If that makes any sense."

Un stiffened, and her mouth went taut. "That... I've only heard of that a few times, and even then, that was in the old ages, after the Shattering of the Pillar. Ancient, powerful mages," she said, with an air of fear. "Unstable." "Unstable?" Ophelius asked. "Yes," Un replied. "They... some went insane. Others, they lost themselves." Un shook slightly. "I fear for her. Her, and the entire Canyon."

With more sympathy, Un glanced over at Aan, now visibly shaking, and said, "Do not fear, child. Magic is a complicated thing. We know so little of those mages, and perhaps your voices will not remain for long."

'That can't be true,' Aan thought to herself. 'They've never done anything to hurt me!'

Do not listen to her, the voices said. She knows not what we truly are.

"They aren't evil. I know they're not."

"You do not know enough about them yet. You're just a hatchling, Aan," Un said. "But, I believe you. For now."

The way that Ophelius looked at Aan became odd, as if he was looking at a particularly intriguing specimen. His fear was somewhat gone. "Fascinating. I never thought that I'd have the opportunity to see a magical advance this rare in my entire lifetime!" He pranced around, investigating her wings and scales, to Aan's slight discomfort and Un's disgust. "Honestly, Ophelius, leave her alone!" she cried, nudging him roughly with her wings. "Right, right, sorry," he said. "I get a little overexcited sometimes."

Un sighed. "You have the intelligence of half a glowworm sometimes, Ophelius. I don't know why you decided being a scientist was your passion." Ophelius narrowed his eyes. "I may not be the most intelligent, Un, but I have an eccentric spirit." She snorted. "Right. I'm sure you do. Now, let's stop wasting our time. Aan, I've got to ask you a question."

"Yes?" Aan said, thoroughly confused. Un looked at her with a new sense of respect, as if seeing a true equal, although dangerous, in her. "You have great magical potential, and you might need help," she began. "Ophelius may be... scholarly. He knows the history of the old mages. I, on the other hand, have given my life to magic. I live by the Sight, the power of the true opening of eyes. As much as I hate to admit it, we could both be of service to you. So, I suppose the choice is yours to make. Would you like to stay at Ophelius's home, or would you like to stay in my tent, with me? Don't worry; you'll be able to see both of us around."

---

1. Stay with Ophelius.
2. Stay with Un.

Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png

I have a feeling Ophelius is going to be a bit awkward

I have a feeling Ophelius is going to be a bit awkward
lVuFHRe.png ZZRctbf.png
I vote #1.
I really love this story so far!
I vote #1.
I really love this story so far!
- order
#1 Ophelius is fun haha
#1 Ophelius is fun haha
COT3Kxt.gif Etsy
[rule] [rule] [center][img]https://s26.postimg.org/gu1wivefd/slide_317791_2930101_free.jpg[/img][/center] [rule] [rule] [font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]Aan glanced back and forth between the two of them. She took in Un, with her skeptical and wise eyes, her blue and purple scales, and then Ophelius, who looked on with curiosity and care, his golden wings folded to his sides. She already cared about them both. "I..." she began. "Un, I'm sorry. I think I'll stay with Ophelius for now." Ophelius instantly brightened, and Un looked over at him with a dull, surrendering look. "Alright," she sighed. "Just know that you can always change your mind." Ophelius jumped about in delight. "Thank you!" he cried. "You won't regret this. I'll make sure of it!" He paced around a little, with the sheer excitement of having a new friend, all the while thanking Un for her time. She couldn't help but chuckle a little at this. "It's no problem, really, you miserable heap of scales," she replied good-naturedly. With one last loud goodbye, Ophelius ushered Aan into his bookbag, which was a surprisingly comfortable fit since she was still a hatchling, and took off down the cobbled streets. A few dragons shot him looks as he brushed by, but he didn't seem to care. At the spot where the road branched off into smaller paths, Ophelius slowed to a trot. Then, at the mouth of his shabby abode, he began to walk, gently pushing aside the door and setting the bag on the ground. Invigorated and thoroughly shaken by her trip through the city, Aan crept out onto the hardwood floor, head spinning. Ophelius paced about the room, bringing his claws across the spines of various books. "You must have a lot of questions," he said without turning around. Quickly, after a little bit of indecision, he plucked a few from the shelves and blew the dust off them. "Here are a few notes on the ancient rulers and mages that Un told you about earlier. I... oh." He paused. "I don't suppose you know how to read, do you?" Aan shook her head. "Well, that's more important, obviously." He slid them away. "Well, I suppose the day is wide open. What do you want to do?" [center][font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]---[/center] [font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]1. Tell Ophelius to read her a little bit of the book. 2. Tell Ophelius to teach her how to read. 3. Ask Ophelius where she will sleep. [center][font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156]---[/center] [font=cambria][size=4][color=4A5156][i]((Sorry for the slight hiatus, everyone! I recently ran into a bad case of writer's block, and then I started my new Pinkerlocke, and between those two this whole thing accidentally got pushed to the side. I've decided that I'll definitely update this every weekend, so that I can have time for everything. Thank you all for your patience!))[/i] [rule] [rule] [center][font=cambria][size=3][color=4A5156]@WorldOfOurOwn @Etzili @Korax @Baelfin @GlitterDCMarvel @Raccoongirl @Geology @widmo @Talismarr @JasperQuartz @Dawnsky23 @WithoutBounds @Einstakur @Ariya @Enako @ArtisticDragonn @Pufferheart @NocturnistheDark[/center] [rule] [rule]

slide_317791_2930101_free.jpg

Aan glanced back and forth between the two of them. She took in Un, with her skeptical and wise eyes, her blue and purple scales, and then Ophelius, who looked on with curiosity and care, his golden wings folded to his sides. She already cared about them both. "I..." she began. "Un, I'm sorry. I think I'll stay with Ophelius for now." Ophelius instantly brightened, and Un looked over at him with a dull, surrendering look. "Alright," she sighed. "Just know that you can always change your mind."

Ophelius jumped about in delight. "Thank you!" he cried. "You won't regret this. I'll make sure of it!" He paced around a little, with the sheer excitement of having a new friend, all the while thanking Un for her time. She couldn't help but chuckle a little at this. "It's no problem, really, you miserable heap of scales," she replied good-naturedly.

With one last loud goodbye, Ophelius ushered Aan into his bookbag, which was a surprisingly comfortable fit since she was still a hatchling, and took off down the cobbled streets. A few dragons shot him looks as he brushed by, but he didn't seem to care.

At the spot where the road branched off into smaller paths, Ophelius slowed to a trot. Then, at the mouth of his shabby abode, he began to walk, gently pushing aside the door and setting the bag on the ground. Invigorated and thoroughly shaken by her trip through the city, Aan crept out onto the hardwood floor, head spinning.

Ophelius paced about the room, bringing his claws across the spines of various books. "You must have a lot of questions," he said without turning around. Quickly, after a little bit of indecision, he plucked a few from the shelves and blew the dust off them.

"Here are a few notes on the ancient rulers and mages that Un told you about earlier. I... oh." He paused. "I don't suppose you know how to read, do you?"

Aan shook her head.

"Well, that's more important, obviously." He slid them away. "Well, I suppose the day is wide open. What do you want to do?"

---

1. Tell Ophelius to read her a little bit of the book.
2. Tell Ophelius to teach her how to read.
3. Ask Ophelius where she will sleep.

---

((Sorry for the slight hiatus, everyone! I recently ran into a bad case of writer's block, and then I started my new Pinkerlocke, and between those two this whole thing accidentally got pushed to the side. I've decided that I'll definitely update this every weekend, so that I can have time for everything. Thank you all for your patience!))

Kenopsian
They / Them
FR +2
32995828.png
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13