Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Namesong Postal Archives (Lore/Stories)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14
Sanitize travel records: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32205710][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/322058/32205710_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Sanitize[/b] After quite a bit of travel, I managed to make it a small clan in Plague territory. I found it by falling into their den- literally! I fell down the entrance hole! The guard who was stationed there chuckled, saying that he wasn't surprised. I tried to tell him that I'm just uber clumsy, but he was having nothing of it- I wasn't the first weary traveler to fall down here! It seems I was a little rougher in my fall than I had first realized. I was helping the nice guard dragon (I just recently learned his name was FrontLines) to make sign, which doubles as a trap door, so that others wouldn't fall down when I tripped over some large, heavy stone dishes full of paints. The medic here says that it was probably already sprained (at least I think that's what he said? His weird accent and short sentences sounded more like 'Was sprain. Trip made worse. You no move now.'), and that's why I tripped so easily. I doubt that. I would trip without having a sprain. Hallelujah! I have been given a clean bill of health by the medic! I'm cleared for travel! And even better- I got to see the trap door put into place! Now hopefully I will be the last dragon to literally fall for this clan. Now I'm off agai- aaa-CHHOOOOOO!!!
Sanitize travel records:
32205710_350.png

Sanitize

After quite a bit of travel, I managed to make it a small clan in Plague territory. I found it by falling into their den- literally! I fell down the entrance hole! The guard who was stationed there chuckled, saying that he wasn't surprised. I tried to tell him that I'm just uber clumsy, but he was having nothing of it- I wasn't the first weary traveler to fall down here! It seems I was a little rougher in my fall than I had first realized. I was helping the nice guard dragon (I just recently learned his name was FrontLines) to make sign, which doubles as a trap door, so that others wouldn't fall down when I tripped over some large, heavy stone dishes full of paints. The medic here says that it was probably already sprained (at least I think that's what he said? His weird accent and short sentences sounded more like 'Was sprain. Trip made worse. You no move now.'), and that's why I tripped so easily. I doubt that. I would trip without having a sprain. Hallelujah! I have been given a clean bill of health by the medic! I'm cleared for travel! And even better- I got to see the trap door put into place! Now hopefully I will be the last dragon to literally fall for this clan. Now I'm off agai- aaa-CHHOOOOOO!!!
7wv9OeJ.png_E8BAgFT.png_wfPmarR.png_rrYlaAT.png_RQOAN3O.png
Conifer Travel log: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12629561] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/126296/12629561_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Conifer[/b] He stayed briefly in a clan known only as Namesong- a clan full of fluffy tundras, curses, and tenacious warriors and scholars alike. And it was in Namesong that he, along with several other travelers, experienced a cave-in firsthand. ------ Tenent He found himself in The Tangled Wood Tenements, unsure of how he got there, his memory fuzzy and brain turned into a smoothie by a massive headache. He was not the only one either. Several other familiar faces from Namesong were here as well, just as confused as he was. After a few weeks, he had learned nothing of what had happened. Distraught and confused, Conifer took to pacing the grounds of the Tenement's massive garden every day, hoping against hope to see a way out of the high fence and back to his wanderings. There never was. One day, two new travelers appeared in the Tenements, one of them familiar as well. He was a dark blue tundra named Fenrir, and he claimed to be a demigod of death- as well as rebirth. He claimed that he had come to rescue the lost travelers who had perished in the cave-in. This news sent the already unstable ridgeback into a frenzy, and only the small, white spiral who was traveling with Fenrir was able to calm him. A kindred soul. A sometimes gender-confused young male who had wished to see if Fenrir's claims had been true. And so they were. Gently, the spiral soothed the larger male, and with Fenrir's help, guided him to a small gate in the Tenement's walls that had escaped his notice before. With a smile and a nod, the pair walked through it, and back into the world of the living.
Conifer Travel log:

12629561_350.png

Conifer

He stayed briefly in a clan known only as Namesong- a clan full of fluffy tundras, curses, and tenacious warriors and scholars alike. And it was in Namesong that he, along with several other travelers, experienced a cave-in firsthand.

Tenent

He found himself in The Tangled Wood Tenements, unsure of how he got there, his memory fuzzy and brain turned into a smoothie by a massive headache. He was not the only one either. Several other familiar faces from Namesong were here as well, just as confused as he was.

After a few weeks, he had learned nothing of what had happened. Distraught and confused, Conifer took to pacing the grounds of the Tenement's massive garden every day, hoping against hope to see a way out of the high fence and back to his wanderings. There never was.

One day, two new travelers appeared in the Tenements, one of them familiar as well. He was a dark blue tundra named Fenrir, and he claimed to be a demigod of death- as well as rebirth. He claimed that he had come to rescue the lost travelers who had perished in the cave-in. This news sent the already unstable ridgeback into a frenzy, and only the small, white spiral who was traveling with Fenrir was able to calm him.

A kindred soul. A sometimes gender-confused young male who had wished to see if Fenrir's claims had been true. And so they were. Gently, the spiral soothed the larger male, and with Fenrir's help, guided him to a small gate in the Tenement's walls that had escaped his notice before. With a smile and a nod, the pair walked through it, and back into the world of the living.
Samedi travel log: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32149315] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321494/32149315_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Samedi[/b] Samedi came to Namesong just in time to experience a tragedy- a colossal cave-in of nearly half the lair. Most of the travelers who were currently staying there perished. A few members of the clan did as well. During the laborious process of digging out the rubble, Samedi became acquainted with one of the few surviving travelers besides himself- a brooding, dark blue tundra called Fenrir. In their discussions of what had happened, they came around to fervently discuss life and death, which led to the tundra openly claiming to be a demigod of such things. Samedi was unsure what exactly he meant. Fenrir refused to elaborate other than to say that he was 'planning on rescuing the souls who had been lost'. He trotted off into a shadow, returning with a sparkling blue and black mirror who was rather shocked at her sudden transportation. Instantly curious, Samedi asked to accompany him on his quest. While he was reluctant, he did not stop the spiral. He stepped into another shadow, the little white dragon right on his heels. As soon as they crossed through the shadow, they were standing in a quiet, peaceful garden. Not but a hundred yards away, an enormous white ridgeback was pacing ceaselessly. She seemed lost and confused. As memories that were not his and yet were washed over him, Samedi could feel his- her?- heart go out to this stranger. Timidly, he approached and started to speak with her. He quickly learned that 'she' was actually a 'he', and that they were quite happy to have someone to speak with of the outside world. Nodding at Fenrir, he walked him to the gate where they had apparently just entered this strange place. With an encouraging smile, they walked through together- and with a pop of energy, disappeared back into the world of the living.
Samedi travel log:

32149315_350.png

Samedi

Samedi came to Namesong just in time to experience a tragedy- a colossal cave-in of nearly half the lair. Most of the travelers who were currently staying there perished. A few members of the clan did as well. During the laborious process of digging out the rubble, Samedi became acquainted with one of the few surviving travelers besides himself- a brooding, dark blue tundra called Fenrir. In their discussions of what had happened, they came around to fervently discuss life and death, which led to the tundra openly claiming to be a demigod of such things. Samedi was unsure what exactly he meant. Fenrir refused to elaborate other than to say that he was 'planning on rescuing the souls who had been lost'. He trotted off into a shadow, returning with a sparkling blue and black mirror who was rather shocked at her sudden transportation. Instantly curious, Samedi asked to accompany him on his quest. While he was reluctant, he did not stop the spiral. He stepped into another shadow, the little white dragon right on his heels.

As soon as they crossed through the shadow, they were standing in a quiet, peaceful garden. Not but a hundred yards away, an enormous white ridgeback was pacing ceaselessly. She seemed lost and confused. As memories that were not his and yet were washed over him, Samedi could feel his- her?- heart go out to this stranger. Timidly, he approached and started to speak with her. He quickly learned that 'she' was actually a 'he', and that they were quite happy to have someone to speak with of the outside world. Nodding at Fenrir, he walked him to the gate where they had apparently just entered this strange place. With an encouraging smile, they walked through together- and with a pop of energy, disappeared back into the world of the living.
Oneiromancy travel log: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3658354][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/36584/3658354_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Oneiromancy[/b] [i]Real.... or dream? Dream... or real? Or any less real for being a dream? Perhaps the dream is the reality....[/i] The absentminded pearlcatcher mused as she continued her flight. She had been traveling quite a while- what seemed like eternity sometimes- but had yet to find the answer. The only thing she knew was that the recurring dream was becoming stronger. It was taking over her other dreams more frequently; so much so that she was wondering what her dream-visions were trying to tell her. The image of a small, brown bird taking rapid flight. A pale tan feather drifting to the ground in its wake, before being tossed up by the wind. The feeling of her claws trying to grab at it, and failing to reach it, as each time it just lifted past the tips of her claws. She sighed, the fading sun at her back painting the skies a dusky orange and giving her some final warmth before it disappeared beyond the horizon. In the distance she could already see the start of the blues of night suffusing the air. Slowly, her wings carried her down to the fibrous, moist ground below. She curled up as best she could among the tendrils that traversed the diseased landscape- she had no fear of them; she had been born here, in plague territory. Slowly, she allowed her eyelids to droop. Unsurprisingly, the dream came to her again, unbidden. Bird. Feather. Reaching. Failing. She growled to herself, frustrated anew with the unsolvable meaning. Why must it torment her so? The final images and sensations of the dream started to fade, but before she opened her eyes, she heard noise- a pure, heart-sickeningly sweet burst of birdsong, and a voice calling "Hi!". So startled was she at the sudden addition to her dream, her eyes flew wide open. Red. Inches from her own face, a pair of large, red orbs. Eyes. Staring straight into hers, unmoving, unblinking. Oneiromancy froze, feeling quite like a lamb waking up to a wolf standing over them, the frustration from watching the same dream for the umpteenth time quickly giving way to a mixture of surprise and disgust. "Oh gosh, oh gosh, ohgoshgoshgosh-" "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The owner of the red eyes quickly recoiled back, holding his claws in close to his body in nervous embarrassment. "You are so pretty; I wanted to look at you better." Normally such a comment would have been taken as sleazy remark, but when the one who said it was a hatchling barely big enough to reach her knee, it rang with honesty. He looked about to say something more, but was quickly distracted by a tiny little puffball of a bird that zipped around his head, twittering in the same sweet voice that she had just heard moments before. His face lit up, and he reached for his little feathered companion as it fluttered out of reach, a plume falling from its tiny wings. Oneiromancy watched, spellbound, as his eyes followed the down floating on the breeze, reaching, grasping for it. Each time he just about had it, a breeze would swirl it just out of reach. Getting to her feet, the pearlcatcher reached out, plucking the feather out of the air. She held it in her hands, recognizing it, and awestruck that she was holding it in her claws. The little spiral laughed, shouting out "You got it!" and leaping about. She laughed, empathizing with his unbridled joy. "Here you are, little..." She cocked her head, waiting for him to answer. He wasn't forthcoming, just patiently holding his hand out for the feather. Finally, she asked him outright. "What is your name little one?" "My daddy didn't give me a name before he left. He was too busy chasing 'tails'." His face twisted in a sour expression that made him look all the more adorable. His face was still a little scrunched up as he responded with "What is your name?" "Oneiromancy." "On- onero- one romance." He seemed really proud of himself as he tripped over the tricky word, unwittingly replacing it with other words that he knew. She chuckled, gently correcting him. "Oneiromancy. It means to see through your dreams, to learn truths." "Like a puzzle? Or a story?" She nodded, trying to keep a straight face at how serious he looked. "One romance means that you would have only one love in your life- one other that you would be faithful to forever." His little head dipped. She knew that such concepts were probably a little too deep for him to comprehend. She was surprised when his head raised with tears in his eyes. "I want to be that. I want to be OneRomance, to have one that I'm with forever." He sniffled, shaking himself off and stepping toward her with sudden force. "I like you." He firmly nodded, seemingly to himself. "I will be OneRomance for you. I won't leave you like my daddy left me." His big eyes looked to her, suddenly strong and assured. She was about to protest; he was so young.. but she stopped as her eyes came to rest on the feather still in her claws. ...she held it closer. She gazed at his steadfast determination, and she knew- her dream had led her here. Led her to [i]him[/i].
Oneiromancy travel log:
3658354_350.png

Oneiromancy

Real.... or dream? Dream... or real? Or any less real for being a dream? Perhaps the dream is the reality.... The absentminded pearlcatcher mused as she continued her flight. She had been traveling quite a while- what seemed like eternity sometimes- but had yet to find the answer. The only thing she knew was that the recurring dream was becoming stronger. It was taking over her other dreams more frequently; so much so that she was wondering what her dream-visions were trying to tell her. The image of a small, brown bird taking rapid flight. A pale tan feather drifting to the ground in its wake, before being tossed up by the wind. The feeling of her claws trying to grab at it, and failing to reach it, as each time it just lifted past the tips of her claws. She sighed, the fading sun at her back painting the skies a dusky orange and giving her some final warmth before it disappeared beyond the horizon. In the distance she could already see the start of the blues of night suffusing the air. Slowly, her wings carried her down to the fibrous, moist ground below. She curled up as best she could among the tendrils that traversed the diseased landscape- she had no fear of them; she had been born here, in plague territory. Slowly, she allowed her eyelids to droop. Unsurprisingly, the dream came to her again, unbidden. Bird. Feather. Reaching. Failing. She growled to herself, frustrated anew with the unsolvable meaning. Why must it torment her so? The final images and sensations of the dream started to fade, but before she opened her eyes, she heard noise- a pure, heart-sickeningly sweet burst of birdsong, and a voice calling "Hi!". So startled was she at the sudden addition to her dream, her eyes flew wide open. Red. Inches from her own face, a pair of large, red orbs. Eyes. Staring straight into hers, unmoving, unblinking. Oneiromancy froze, feeling quite like a lamb waking up to a wolf standing over them, the frustration from watching the same dream for the umpteenth time quickly giving way to a mixture of surprise and disgust. "Oh gosh, oh gosh, ohgoshgoshgosh-" "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" The owner of the red eyes quickly recoiled back, holding his claws in close to his body in nervous embarrassment. "You are so pretty; I wanted to look at you better." Normally such a comment would have been taken as sleazy remark, but when the one who said it was a hatchling barely big enough to reach her knee, it rang with honesty. He looked about to say something more, but was quickly distracted by a tiny little puffball of a bird that zipped around his head, twittering in the same sweet voice that she had just heard moments before. His face lit up, and he reached for his little feathered companion as it fluttered out of reach, a plume falling from its tiny wings. Oneiromancy watched, spellbound, as his eyes followed the down floating on the breeze, reaching, grasping for it. Each time he just about had it, a breeze would swirl it just out of reach. Getting to her feet, the pearlcatcher reached out, plucking the feather out of the air. She held it in her hands, recognizing it, and awestruck that she was holding it in her claws. The little spiral laughed, shouting out "You got it!" and leaping about. She laughed, empathizing with his unbridled joy. "Here you are, little..." She cocked her head, waiting for him to answer. He wasn't forthcoming, just patiently holding his hand out for the feather. Finally, she asked him outright. "What is your name little one?" "My daddy didn't give me a name before he left. He was too busy chasing 'tails'." His face twisted in a sour expression that made him look all the more adorable. His face was still a little scrunched up as he responded with "What is your name?" "Oneiromancy." "On- onero- one romance." He seemed really proud of himself as he tripped over the tricky word, unwittingly replacing it with other words that he knew. She chuckled, gently correcting him. "Oneiromancy. It means to see through your dreams, to learn truths." "Like a puzzle? Or a story?" She nodded, trying to keep a straight face at how serious he looked. "One romance means that you would have only one love in your life- one other that you would be faithful to forever." His little head dipped. She knew that such concepts were probably a little too deep for him to comprehend. She was surprised when his head raised with tears in his eyes. "I want to be that. I want to be OneRomance, to have one that I'm with forever." He sniffled, shaking himself off and stepping toward her with sudden force. "I like you." He firmly nodded, seemingly to himself. "I will be OneRomance for you. I won't leave you like my daddy left me." His big eyes looked to her, suddenly strong and assured. She was about to protest; he was so young.. but she stopped as her eyes came to rest on the feather still in her claws. ...she held it closer. She gazed at his steadfast determination, and she knew- her dream had led her here. Led her to him.
OneRomance travel log: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32818761] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/328188/32818761_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]OneRomance[/b] It was early in the abiding boneyard, and the young spiral and his bird companion headed out into the morning sun. They hadn't traveled far when he stumbled upon a female pearlcatcher, fast asleep. He looked at her, and how her scales flourished with streaks of white, just like his. He was enchanted, and leaned in as close as he could, whispering "Hi." softly, so as not to wake her. His bird twittered, and he tried to shush it quickly, leaning in close to see if it had woken the sleeping lady dragon. He saw a twitch run through her body, and her eyes flew open, with his face still just inches from hers. "Oh gosh, oh gosh, ohgoshgoshgosh-" "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he quickly recoiled back, holding his claws in close to his body in nervous embarrassment. "You are so pretty; I wanted to look at you better." Normally such a comment would have been taken as a sleazy remark, but when the one who said it was a hatchling barely big enough to reach her knee, it rang with honesty. He looked about to say something more, but was quickly distracted by the tiny little puffball of a bird that zipped around his head, twittering in the same sweet voice that she had just heard moments before. His face lit up, and he reached for his little feathered companion as it fluttered out of reach, a plume falling from its tiny wings. Oneiromancy watched, spellbound, as his eyes followed the down floating on the breeze, reaching, grasping for it. Each time he just about had it, a breeze would swirl it just out of reach. Getting to her feet, the pearlcatcher reached out, plucking the feather out of the air. She held it in her hands, recognizing it, and awestruck that she was holding it in her claws. The little spiral laughed, shouting out "You got it!" and leaping about. She laughed, empathizing with his unbridled joy. "Here you are, little..." She cocked her head, waiting for him to answer. He wasn't forthcoming, just patiently holding his hand out for the feather. Finally, she asked him outright. "What is your name little one?" "My daddy didn't give me a name before he left. He was too busy chasing 'tails'." His face twisted in a sour expression that made him look all the more adorable. His face was still a little scrunched up as he responded with "What is your name?" "Oneiromancy." "On- onero- one romance." He seemed really proud of himself as he tripped over the tricky word, unwittingly replacing it with other words that he knew. She chuckled, gently correcting him. "Oneiromancy. It means to see through your dreams, to learn truths." "Like a puzzle? Or a story?" She nodded, trying to keep a straight face at how serious he looked. "One romance means that you would have only one love in your life- one other that you would be faithful to forever." His little head dipped. She knew that such concepts were probably a little too deep for him to comprehend. She was surprised when his head raised with tears in his eyes. "I want to be that. I want to be OneRomance, to have one that I'm with forever." He sniffled, shaking himself off and stepping toward her with sudden force. "I like you." He firmly nodded, seemingly to himself. "I will be OneRomance for you. I won't leave you like my daddy left me." His big eyes looked to her, suddenly strong and assured. He could see her hesitation, but he swore an oath to himself, right there and then- no matter what, he would never leave her side. He would be faithful and strong for her. [i]...and if I ever see that rotten womanizing dad of mine, I'll give him what's coming....[/i]
OneRomance travel log:

32818761_350.png

OneRomance

It was early in the abiding boneyard, and the young spiral and his bird companion headed out into the morning sun. They hadn't traveled far when he stumbled upon a female pearlcatcher, fast asleep. He looked at her, and how her scales flourished with streaks of white, just like his. He was enchanted, and leaned in as close as he could, whispering "Hi." softly, so as not to wake her. His bird twittered, and he tried to shush it quickly, leaning in close to see if it had woken the sleeping lady dragon. He saw a twitch run through her body, and her eyes flew open, with his face still just inches from hers. "Oh gosh, oh gosh, ohgoshgoshgosh-" "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" he quickly recoiled back, holding his claws in close to his body in nervous embarrassment. "You are so pretty; I wanted to look at you better." Normally such a comment would have been taken as a sleazy remark, but when the one who said it was a hatchling barely big enough to reach her knee, it rang with honesty. He looked about to say something more, but was quickly distracted by the tiny little puffball of a bird that zipped around his head, twittering in the same sweet voice that she had just heard moments before. His face lit up, and he reached for his little feathered companion as it fluttered out of reach, a plume falling from its tiny wings. Oneiromancy watched, spellbound, as his eyes followed the down floating on the breeze, reaching, grasping for it. Each time he just about had it, a breeze would swirl it just out of reach. Getting to her feet, the pearlcatcher reached out, plucking the feather out of the air. She held it in her hands, recognizing it, and awestruck that she was holding it in her claws. The little spiral laughed, shouting out "You got it!" and leaping about. She laughed, empathizing with his unbridled joy. "Here you are, little..." She cocked her head, waiting for him to answer. He wasn't forthcoming, just patiently holding his hand out for the feather. Finally, she asked him outright. "What is your name little one?" "My daddy didn't give me a name before he left. He was too busy chasing 'tails'." His face twisted in a sour expression that made him look all the more adorable. His face was still a little scrunched up as he responded with "What is your name?" "Oneiromancy." "On- onero- one romance." He seemed really proud of himself as he tripped over the tricky word, unwittingly replacing it with other words that he knew. She chuckled, gently correcting him. "Oneiromancy. It means to see through your dreams, to learn truths." "Like a puzzle? Or a story?" She nodded, trying to keep a straight face at how serious he looked. "One romance means that you would have only one love in your life- one other that you would be faithful to forever." His little head dipped. She knew that such concepts were probably a little too deep for him to comprehend. She was surprised when his head raised with tears in his eyes. "I want to be that. I want to be OneRomance, to have one that I'm with forever." He sniffled, shaking himself off and stepping toward her with sudden force. "I like you." He firmly nodded, seemingly to himself. "I will be OneRomance for you. I won't leave you like my daddy left me." His big eyes looked to her, suddenly strong and assured. He could see her hesitation, but he swore an oath to himself, right there and then- no matter what, he would never leave her side. He would be faithful and strong for her. ...and if I ever see that rotten womanizing dad of mine, I'll give him what's coming....
Paradigm travel log: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29761590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/297616/29761590_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Paradigm[/b] Silently- as always- she followed the faint scent trail that Talus had made when he left the lair. She would try not to admit it too much to herself, but the loneliness and fear of the unknown world around her was nearly crushing. Anything that she knew- the least, tiny scrap of the familiar things from her lair that she could cling to gave her a small, shallow comfort. And his scent was one. She tracked it all the way to the Plague Territory, traversing the oozing, semi-living ground in an attempt to find this little piece of her past. Once she found him, she almost wished she hadn't. This clan- it was noisy. And chaotic. And crowded. She had to share a room with the other travelers, and there were no little spiral tunnels to hide in here. The best she could do was a hammock all the way in the back corner, behind some stacked up trunks and shelves. But at least here she didn't have her parents' disapproving gazes following her around, right? And even Talus seemed cheerful enough, happily training- training? The word resonated with her, and before she knew it, she had discreetly followed him to the armory, where she had outfitted herself with a fancy trident, and taken to the fields. The solid stick of the tines in sawdust dummies felt oddly... freeing. Despite her nerves screaming at her that everyone was watching her clumsy movements and mistakes, she continued to train and fight. The rougher and harder and stronger her strikes, the better she felt. She actually... enjoyed it. It scared her, but she could almost see the scales shredding and ripping off of hides every time she tore a dummy apart. And she loved it. Relished it. Treated it like a fine art. Then she found the bestiary, the large complex of burrows and stables and gardens that housed the familiars and animals. She spent much time here, in their nonjudgmental presence. They understood her love of fighting- it was kill or be killed in nature. They didn't question it. She could feel the wary, untrusting glances from the dragons when she trained. And she didn't like that, not at all. But... they left her alone for the most part, which was fine with her. Then he came- the little one. The one who wouldn't leave her alone. A tiny mirror pup who was just as mute as she herself was. ...until he started to sound like the familiars and other things around him. They dubbed him Rattlerumble, and he would. not. leave. her. alone! Deep down, though, she did enjoy his being there- he wasn't like the others who judged her for what she couldn't help. He just played with the familars like she did. And tore apart the dummies, like she did. ...and tried to hide in the corner hammock, like she did. She let out a sigh, roughly picking him up to put on her back. He didn't seem the least bit phased. That night, she had the best sleep she had since leaving the clan. And she set out the next morning, the little one following her, his body and sounds suggesting that he was really a webwing, which was just fine with her. She grinned, for the first time in her life, a laugh held back by the silence she was forced to bear.
Paradigm travel log:

29761590_350.png

Paradigm

Silently- as always- she followed the faint scent trail that Talus had made when he left the lair. She would try not to admit it too much to herself, but the loneliness and fear of the unknown world around her was nearly crushing. Anything that she knew- the least, tiny scrap of the familiar things from her lair that she could cling to gave her a small, shallow comfort. And his scent was one.

She tracked it all the way to the Plague Territory, traversing the oozing, semi-living ground in an attempt to find this little piece of her past. Once she found him, she almost wished she hadn't. This clan- it was noisy. And chaotic. And crowded. She had to share a room with the other travelers, and there were no little spiral tunnels to hide in here. The best she could do was a hammock all the way in the back corner, behind some stacked up trunks and shelves.

But at least here she didn't have her parents' disapproving gazes following her around, right? And even Talus seemed cheerful enough, happily training- training? The word resonated with her, and before she knew it, she had discreetly followed him to the armory, where she had outfitted herself with a fancy trident, and taken to the fields. The solid stick of the tines in sawdust dummies felt oddly... freeing. Despite her nerves screaming at her that everyone was watching her clumsy movements and mistakes, she continued to train and fight. The rougher and harder and stronger her strikes, the better she felt. She actually... enjoyed it.

It scared her, but she could almost see the scales shredding and ripping off of hides every time she tore a dummy apart. And she loved it. Relished it. Treated it like a fine art.

Then she found the bestiary, the large complex of burrows and stables and gardens that housed the familiars and animals. She spent much time here, in their nonjudgmental presence. They understood her love of fighting- it was kill or be killed in nature. They didn't question it. She could feel the wary, untrusting glances from the dragons when she trained. And she didn't like that, not at all. But... they left her alone for the most part, which was fine with her.

Then he came- the little one. The one who wouldn't leave her alone. A tiny mirror pup who was just as mute as she herself was. ...until he started to sound like the familiars and other things around him. They dubbed him Rattlerumble, and he would. not. leave. her. alone! Deep down, though, she did enjoy his being there- he wasn't like the others who judged her for what she couldn't help. He just played with the familars like she did. And tore apart the dummies, like she did. ...and tried to hide in the corner hammock, like she did. She let out a sigh, roughly picking him up to put on her back. He didn't seem the least bit phased. That night, she had the best sleep she had since leaving the clan.

And she set out the next morning, the little one following her, his body and sounds suggesting that he was really a webwing, which was just fine with her. She grinned, for the first time in her life, a laugh held back by the silence she was forced to bear.
Rizoel travel records: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23480870] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234809/23480870_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Rizoel[/b] The Plaguelands. Desolate. Harsh. Survival of the strongest. Very much away from most other dragons. Away from anyone I could hurt. Despite the fire burning in her body, Rizoel could still feel a little gnawing of loneliness. She had been wandering for quite a while now, her partially self-imposed exile no easier than when she had begun. Her pride and stubbornness would not let her go back to Magen Rishon, no matter how terrible it felt to wander aimlessly like this. Angrily, she swung her sword at the fleshy tendrils that criss-crossed the toxic soil under her feet. Each solid squish felt remotely satisfying. Half of her was content to keep swinging, wanting to hit something bigger, to hack it apart. The other, quieter side of her wanted to stop; to not give in. This side of her knew that her love of ripping things apart was wrong; that while she gave it sway she would never be accepted by anywhere but the lowest of dens. Swish. Swish. Swish. Swi-unk. The rhythmic slicing of her blade was halted. She looked down, wrenching it free from where it had stuck into the ground. ...Not ground.... She leaned closer, seeing a trapdoor, partially covered with some young tendrils, grasping and seeking to coat it over. With a few deft movements, the growing threat was removed. With a heave, she lifted it open, peering down into the deep shaft below. I suppose... there is only one way to see what's down there. Maybe if I'm lucky, I will be walking right into a fight... She jumped down, gently descending, small fires glowing to life around her. Their flickering made the tunnel seem eerie and unnatural. She touched down, and trotted about one hundred yards before she came across a torch, and in its light a dozing tundra dragon, dressed in armor. She picked up a small stone from the ground, readying her sword should she need it- and she tossed the stone. It struck true, and the tundra awoke with a small yelp, rattling his armor. "Who goes there?" "Rizoel, Demigoddess of Flame and Battle." The title she chose surprised even herself. His eyes blinked in confusion, but he nodded, taking in her appearance and slowly unlocking the large wooden door behind him. He gestures towards it, and she sheathes her blade, walking through, curious as to what sort of clan would let a clearly armed and experienced stranger walk right through the front gate. As she was contemplating this, the door closed with a resounding whump! She quickly learned that this clan, Namesong, was a group of battle-hardened mercenaries and scholars. They cared little for extra fighters walking in- everyone who knew their way around a battlefield could be a potential ally. In fact, she learned that they were consigning foreign fighters to help them in a program they were calling Borrowed Time. It gave the clan more fighting power to help seek out and defeat shade remnants known as the Story Vortex. She paused, debating if she should join... but terrified that she would lose control and hurt those around her; the other fighters she would be working with. She spent the night in the clan's traveler's quarters, and in the morning she set out, determined to help this clan's mission- whether they knew it our not. Perhaps she could temper her bloodlust in a noble cause.... a noble cause that also let her use her blade without fear.... Her mind was made up. She would fight the shade fragments. She would use her flames to bring light to the darkness, or go down in a blaze of battle trying.
Rizoel travel records:

23480870_350.png

Rizoel

The Plaguelands. Desolate. Harsh. Survival of the strongest. Very much away from most other dragons. Away from anyone I could hurt. Despite the fire burning in her body, Rizoel could still feel a little gnawing of loneliness. She had been wandering for quite a while now, her partially self-imposed exile no easier than when she had begun.

Her pride and stubbornness would not let her go back to Magen Rishon, no matter how terrible it felt to wander aimlessly like this. Angrily, she swung her sword at the fleshy tendrils that criss-crossed the toxic soil under her feet. Each solid squish felt remotely satisfying. Half of her was content to keep swinging, wanting to hit something bigger, to hack it apart. The other, quieter side of her wanted to stop; to not give in. This side of her knew that her love of ripping things apart was wrong; that while she gave it sway she would never be accepted by anywhere but the lowest of dens.

Swish. Swish. Swish. Swi-unk. The rhythmic slicing of her blade was halted. She looked down, wrenching it free from where it had stuck into the ground. ...Not ground.... She leaned closer, seeing a trapdoor, partially covered with some young tendrils, grasping and seeking to coat it over. With a few deft movements, the growing threat was removed. With a heave, she lifted it open, peering down into the deep shaft below. I suppose... there is only one way to see what's down there. Maybe if I'm lucky, I will be walking right into a fight...

She jumped down, gently descending, small fires glowing to life around her. Their flickering made the tunnel seem eerie and unnatural. She touched down, and trotted about one hundred yards before she came across a torch, and in its light a dozing tundra dragon, dressed in armor.

She picked up a small stone from the ground, readying her sword should she need it- and she tossed the stone. It struck true, and the tundra awoke with a small yelp, rattling his armor. "Who goes there?"

"Rizoel, Demigoddess of Flame and Battle." The title she chose surprised even herself. His eyes blinked in confusion, but he nodded, taking in her appearance and slowly unlocking the large wooden door behind him. He gestures towards it, and she sheathes her blade, walking through, curious as to what sort of clan would let a clearly armed and experienced stranger walk right through the front gate. As she was contemplating this, the door closed with a resounding whump!

She quickly learned that this clan, Namesong, was a group of battle-hardened mercenaries and scholars. They cared little for extra fighters walking in- everyone who knew their way around a battlefield could be a potential ally. In fact, she learned that they were consigning foreign fighters to help them in a program they were calling Borrowed Time. It gave the clan more fighting power to help seek out and defeat shade remnants known as the Story Vortex.

She paused, debating if she should join... but terrified that she would lose control and hurt those around her; the other fighters she would be working with. She spent the night in the clan's traveler's quarters, and in the morning she set out, determined to help this clan's mission- whether they knew it our not. Perhaps she could temper her bloodlust in a noble cause.... a noble cause that also let her use her blade without fear....

Her mind was made up. She would fight the shade fragments. She would use her flames to bring light to the darkness, or go down in a blaze of battle trying.
Rizoel travel records: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=23480870] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/234809/23480870_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Rizoel[/b] The thought of that slimy, dark presence being anywhere near her sent slight shivers through her core. She gave a rough shake, a few embers detaching themselves from the tips of her feathers and swirling into nonexistence as they quickly burned out. She needed to leave this place. She needed to get away from this creature so like herself and yet so chillingly foreign. She quickly found her wings taking her back toward the one place that seemed relatively safe for the time being. After the large, thick door that acted as the entrance to Namesong was behind her, she breathed a little easier. What am I doing, running scared? Why should I? Her only answer was the memory of that dark presence envoloping her. It had felt like she was a lone candle pushing back the blackness of night. No. She corrected herself. A single candle pushing back the darkness of a crypt. A deep, underground chamber that should best be left forgotten. She was mulling over the particulars of how best to slay the creature when a hideously strong ripple tripped down her spine. She stopped dead in her tracks, looking around with quick, covert glances. It took only an instant to locate the dark blue tundra who was staring her down like he had seen a shooting star. Her fingers already itching towards her blade, she slowly slunk up to him. "What are you looking at, fluffball?!" The end of her snarl turned into a slight gasp- the air around this dragon felt so strange! The fur on her back quivered, as if charged with static. Looking hard into this tundra's eyes, waiting for his answer, she felt another ripple. A click in her mind. Her gaze hardened, but not with hatred or confusion. More like distrust. "...You're another demigod. You're like me." The tundra shook his head, the motion going to the very tip of his tail like a cat. His answer: the mere phrase "I am Fenrir." His eyebrows came together. "Best be careful of the dark- it does not bode you well." With this cryptic statement, he stood once more, seemingly to trot off. But Rizoel stopped him. She quickly darted in front of him, still staring him down like an offended alpha wolf. "What are you, demigod? Son of a prophet? Seer of visions?" Her sneer became more of a smirk. "Or maybe you're just a washed up son of a minor deity; a demigod of nothing." Her bared grin did not appear to phase him. Instead, he merely stood, lifting a paw in her direction. "Do not tred here, Rizoel, Demigoddess of Fire. Such a domain is not your place. Darkness only reigns after the light has been snuffed out. Best case, it is because the lights are far away and mere pinpricks. Do not test your luck; you will be overwhelmed." "What does that mean, huh?!" Rizoel snarled, all her feathers and fur erect now in disdain and threat. Small motes of flame were drifting about in her agitation. Still, the tundra retained his aloof composure. His paw touched the ground once more. His pink eyes began to fiz with intensity. The air around the two of them grew thick. "I am Fenrir, Demigod of DEATH and REBIRTH. DO NOT MEDDLE WHERE YOUR POWERS HAVE NO SWAY." His voice was far deeper, the reverberations from it making the very air seem to thrum. Slightly shaken, Rizoel finally stepped aside. She was too stunned to truly react how she would want to. He passed her by, not looking at her anymore. Before he was out of sight, he paused. "Beware the dark, young one." His power. It was old, far more ancient than even her lineage of power. It was also familiar. It was what had made her skin crawl and shiver. That had felt far different than the chilling sensation of the entity she had encountered before, though. His power was dark, yes, but a warm darkness. Like an endless night sky filled with stars, too far for any real light to shine, but all the more beautiful for it. Corruption or purification? The wheels of fate began to turn....
Rizoel travel records:

23480870_350.png

Rizoel

The thought of that slimy, dark presence being anywhere near her sent slight shivers through her core. She gave a rough shake, a few embers detaching themselves from the tips of her feathers and swirling into nonexistence as they quickly burned out. She needed to leave this place. She needed to get away from this creature so like herself and yet so chillingly foreign.

She quickly found her wings taking her back toward the one place that seemed relatively safe for the time being. After the large, thick door that acted as the entrance to Namesong was behind her, she breathed a little easier. What am I doing, running scared? Why should I? Her only answer was the memory of that dark presence envoloping her. It had felt like she was a lone candle pushing back the blackness of night. No. She corrected herself. A single candle pushing back the darkness of a crypt. A deep, underground chamber that should best be left forgotten.

She was mulling over the particulars of how best to slay the creature when a hideously strong ripple tripped down her spine. She stopped dead in her tracks,
looking around with quick, covert glances. It took only an instant to locate the dark blue tundra who was staring her down like he had seen a shooting star. Her fingers already itching towards her blade, she slowly slunk up to him. "What are you looking at,
fluffball?!" The end of her snarl turned into a slight gasp- the air around this dragon felt so strange! The fur on her back quivered, as if charged with static. Looking hard into this tundra's eyes, waiting for his answer, she felt another ripple. A click in her mind. Her gaze hardened, but not with hatred or confusion. More like distrust. "...You're another demigod. You're like me."

The tundra shook his head, the motion going to the very tip of his tail like a cat. His answer: the mere phrase "I am Fenrir." His eyebrows came together. "Best be careful of the dark- it does not bode you well." With this cryptic statement, he stood once more, seemingly to trot off. But Rizoel stopped him. She quickly darted in front of him, still staring him down like an offended alpha wolf.

"What are you, demigod? Son of a prophet? Seer of visions?" Her sneer became more of a smirk. "Or maybe you're just a washed up son of a minor deity; a demigod of nothing." Her bared grin did not appear to phase him. Instead, he merely stood, lifting a paw in her direction.

"Do not tred here, Rizoel, Demigoddess of Fire. Such a domain is not your place. Darkness only reigns after the light has been snuffed out. Best case, it is because the lights are far away and mere pinpricks. Do not test your luck; you will be overwhelmed."

"What does that mean, huh?!" Rizoel snarled, all her feathers and fur erect now in disdain and threat. Small motes of flame were drifting about in her agitation. Still, the tundra retained his aloof composure. His paw touched the ground once more.

His pink eyes began to fiz with intensity. The air around the two of them grew thick. "I am Fenrir, Demigod of DEATH and REBIRTH. DO NOT MEDDLE WHERE YOUR POWERS HAVE NO SWAY." His voice was far deeper, the reverberations from it making the very air seem to thrum. Slightly shaken, Rizoel finally stepped aside. She was too stunned to truly react how she would want to. He passed her by, not looking at her anymore. Before he was out of sight, he paused. "Beware the dark, young one."

His power. It was old, far more ancient than even her lineage of power. It was also familiar. It was what had made her skin crawl and shiver. That had felt far different than the chilling sensation of the entity she had encountered before, though. His power was dark, yes, but a warm darkness. Like an endless night sky filled with stars, too far for any real light to shine, but all the more beautiful for it.

Corruption or purification? The wheels of fate began to turn....
Viatrix travel records: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30049083][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/300491/30049083_350.png[/img][/url] [b]Viatrix[/b] I- I've been feeling so dizzy lately... The imperial guard escorted me to the edge of the strand, and pointed me in the direction of the ice territories. I took off, but it was slow going. My head was so out of sorts, and a number of times I fell right out of the sky and into the soft grasses of the wind territory. I felt so lost; my head felt so fuzzy. I decided that maybe I should just nap... I woke up in an infirmary, in a Plague den. It appears the high levels of magic in the Starwood Strand affected my internal compass- I should stay at least a few days for treatment and to make sure nothing happens. While confined to the burrow, I explored. And one dragon that I came across was the pale, beautiful, regal ComeMorningLight- a princess and ambassador to the clan. She was the most beautiful dragon I had ever seen, and apparently she didn't find me half bad either. We quickly found ourselves sharing a nest, and from it, I gained two beautiful children- WishFall and WishFull. I thought my- well, maybe not perfect, but certain full. I was content for now. Until the day they came and found me- and asked me if it was possible that I had [i]any other kids besides them[/i], because there was a pearlcatcher, looking for a dragon that sounds just like me. Slightly perplexed, I followed them to their den, waiting on the outside of the door frame- no sense in overcrowding. WishFall inttroduced mel "Alyx," he began, "This is our father." We all watched the immature pearlcatcher take his time to process this. "Why did you want me to meet your father? I'm sure he's great, but unless he knows where my father is..." he nervously rubbed his snout, protectively hugging his pearl near his chest and looking back and forth between the pair. "No, uh, um, [i]our[/i] as in... including you. This is [i]our[/i] father, Viatrix." I waited for him to process the information. He kept looking around at the three of us like he was trying to reconcile a frog and a tadpole. "Well... you do look an awful lot like her..." He glanced over at me again, and I could see the gears turning in his head- he was thinking pretty hard. He finally met his eyes. "Tell me about your mother, and everything."Upon learning of his existence, I wanted to know everything! I hadn't been there for most of hi life, but I could still lave a decent amount of free reign.I watched him try to form a questitons, before finally just writing "I should have gone back..." I looked at WishFall and Wishfull, walking up and hugging them. "I love you two so much more than you could know. You've grown up so well, and I am very proud of you." They seemed to swell with pride, but they quickly deflated. "Where are yo going? Why are you saying this? What's going on? What are you doing?" I gently shushed them. "Somewhere I should have checked up on a long time ago." I shook my head. "Kids." He looked over at me, and then to my friends. "I have spent so much time trying to get back that I have not been looking forward. My old clan is thoroughly lost to me, but you know what? I have a fantastic family right here- my kids, my friends who care for me.... my mate...." I choked on the last word or two. The egg was safe for now. py. I could barely hear it! He came over to me again. "I am giving up my search for my old clan. What is important is now. And that includes building my family up right- I have a child I didn't even know I had, and I will not waste a second more to get to know them, and to check up on the mate I abandoned so long ago to chase a stupid idea that is not going to help me live my life." I met him straight in the eye. "I am sorry that I missed so much of your life- but I'm going to make up for that. We are going to travel back to see your mother." He paused, a smile creeping over his face. "Though I think we're going to take the scenic route- stop a few places along the way first." I winked at him, pleased with how hell everything happened. I wanted to explode inside, but this time with happiness rather than nervousness! This was even better than I had hoped! I was only half expecting his blurbing out of :I blurt out, "And you can stay forever and we can be a family for real!" A pained expression crossed his face. "No.... not quite." I sadly and gently patted my shoulder. "It's not just you and your mother that I have; I can't just disappear." I was a little upset. He had just said?! "What's so important?!""....Just because I found you does not mean that I am abandoning my other children. Not to mention my friends here; this clan is my home now." He spaced out a little , so I tried to explain more conclusively. I explained- how I had still been looking for my old clan who had been lost to the ice. How my travels had eventually brought me to Namesong, and how I had become very attracted to a tundra girl who was here. I explained how mates were different around here- more loose and spur of the moment. Finally, we all hugged, and he said his goodbyes to his new siblings. I explained how I would be back after I had made up for lost time, and 'showed' him around for a while. I also said that we would stop and up on his mother. I could only hope that this little road trip would go well, and that my other kids would stay safe at home with Namesong in my abscence.
Viatrix travel records:
30049083_350.png

Viatrix

I- I've been feeling so dizzy lately... The imperial guard escorted me to the edge of the strand, and pointed me in the direction of the ice territories. I took off, but it was slow going. My head was so out of sorts, and a number of times I fell right out of the sky and into the soft grasses of the wind territory. I felt so lost; my head felt so fuzzy. I decided that maybe I should just nap... I woke up in an infirmary, in a Plague den. It appears the high levels of magic in the Starwood Strand affected my internal compass- I should stay at least a few days for treatment and to make sure nothing happens. While confined to the burrow, I explored. And one dragon that I came across was the pale, beautiful, regal ComeMorningLight- a princess and ambassador to the clan. She was the most beautiful dragon I had ever seen, and apparently she didn't find me half bad either. We quickly found ourselves sharing a nest, and from it, I gained two beautiful children- WishFall and WishFull. I thought my- well, maybe not perfect, but certain full. I was content for now. Until the day they came and found me- and asked me if it was possible that I had any other kids besides them, because there was a pearlcatcher, looking for a dragon that sounds just like me. Slightly perplexed, I followed them to their den, waiting on the outside of the door frame- no sense in overcrowding. WishFall inttroduced mel "Alyx," he began, "This is our father." We all watched the immature pearlcatcher take his time to process this. "Why did you want me to meet your father? I'm sure he's great, but unless he knows where my father is..." he nervously rubbed his snout, protectively hugging his pearl near his chest and looking back and forth between the pair. "No, uh, um, our as in... including you. This is our father, Viatrix." I waited for him to process the information. He kept looking around at the three of us like he was trying to reconcile a frog and a tadpole. "Well... you do look an awful lot like her..." He glanced over at me again, and I could see the gears turning in his head- he was thinking pretty hard. He finally met his eyes. "Tell me about your mother, and everything."Upon learning of his existence, I wanted to know everything! I hadn't been there for most of hi life, but I could still lave a decent amount of free reign.I watched him try to form a questitons, before finally just writing "I should have gone back..." I looked at WishFall and Wishfull, walking up and hugging them. "I love you two so much more than you could know. You've grown up so well, and I am very proud of you." They seemed to swell with pride, but they quickly deflated. "Where are yo going? Why are you saying this? What's going on? What are you doing?" I gently shushed them. "Somewhere I should have checked up on a long time ago." I shook my head. "Kids." He looked over at me, and then to my friends. "I have spent so much time trying to get back that I have not been looking forward. My old clan is thoroughly lost to me, but you know what? I have a fantastic family right here- my kids, my friends who care for me.... my mate...." I choked on the last word or two. The egg was safe for now. py. I could barely hear it! He came over to me again. "I am giving up my search for my old clan. What is important is now. And that includes building my family up right- I have a child I didn't even know I had, and I will not waste a second more to get to know them, and to check up on the mate I abandoned so long ago to chase a stupid idea that is not going to help me live my life." I met him straight in the eye. "I am sorry that I missed so much of your life- but I'm going to make up for that. We are going to travel back to see your mother." He paused, a smile creeping over his face. "Though I think we're going to take the scenic route- stop a few places along the way first." I winked at him, pleased with how hell everything happened. I wanted to explode inside, but this time with happiness rather than nervousness! This was even better than I had hoped! I was only half expecting his blurbing out of :I blurt out, "And you can stay forever and we can be a family for real!" A pained expression crossed his face. "No.... not quite." I sadly and gently patted my shoulder. "It's not just you and your mother that I have; I can't just disappear." I was a little upset. He had just said?! "What's so important?!""....Just because I found you does not mean that I am abandoning my other children. Not to mention my friends here; this clan is my home now." He spaced out a little , so I tried to explain more conclusively. I explained- how I had still been looking for my old clan who had been lost to the ice. How my travels had eventually brought me to Namesong, and how I had become very attracted to a tundra girl who was here. I explained how mates were different around here- more loose and spur of the moment. Finally, we all hugged, and he said his goodbyes to his new siblings. I explained how I would be back after I had made up for lost time, and 'showed' him around for a while. I also said that we would stop and up on his mother. I could only hope that this little road trip would go well, and that my other kids would stay safe at home with Namesong in my abscence.
RattleRumble travel log: ------ [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33132616] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331327/33132616_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]RattleRumble[/b] The young mirror was barely old enough to walk when he found himself passed off from his birth home of Clan Malevu to the free-wheeling, lax care of Namesong's mercenaries, doctors, and curse-breakers. Mute from the moment he hatched, his parents had abandoned him there in hopes that they would be able to free him from whatever was causing his silence. Given free reign of the extensive burrow beneath the Plague territory, he quickly discovered the den where all the travelers lived while they were staying with the clan. Many of them had come across dragons in their travels with various strange maladies and conditions, and so were perfectly accepting of the silent little pup. They were even quite happy to let him snuggle up in their hammocks or show him baubles from their knapsacks. They told stories, and sang songs, playing and wrestling with the little one, uncaring of his strange quietness. And one day- almost miraculously- he made a sound. After yawning his strange, soundless yawn, he blinked his eyes sleepily, and let out a small, distinct creaking in the back of his throat. He clumsily climbed into one of the hammocks around the room and fell asleep- the hammock swaying gently and creaking in time to the movements. The travelers were astounded, and this just renewed their love and interest of the little mirror. As he got slightly older, he started to leave his favorite room for greater amounts of time, following the travelers around on their daily routines. Many of the travelers were fighters, warriors or mercenaries in training who had come to Namesong for practice and instructions. His favorite was a cantankerous bogsneak who spoke as little as he did. She would head off almost every day to go and fight in the sparring rooms, her aggressive style both deadly and off-putting to most... but not him. He was wondrous of her skill, and would continue to sneak out after her despite her obvious dislike of his intrusion. She was snappy- quite literally- at almost any who came near her, including him. He was undeterred though, and continued to follow her, day after day, as she would follow the same routine- spar, spend time with the familiars in the bestiary, and curl up, alone, in her hammock in the far corner. He quickly came to enjoy these things. He would try to knock over the sparring dummies, ripping up the sacks and sending the burlap and sawdust flying everywhere! And he would leap and play with the various familiars, slowly learning their sounds and calls and moods, until he could almost disappear among them, his behavior and mimicry skills having grown until the familiars themselves couldn't always quite decide if he was dragon or parda. When she slept; he slept. When she snarled and bristled, he rolled over submissively like the wolves had taught him. And slowly, she would flatten her crest. Then came the evening where the young pup managed, peeping like a baby sweetpuff, to tuck himself into her hammock, curled up on her shoulders right next to her little frog Bubble. And she did not snap. She did not do more than give an annoyed huff of air at him, letting him struggle his way onto her back and fall asleep there. The next day they were gone- the both of them. She had decided to move on, and he- buzzing excitedly like a webwing's wing beats- had followed in her wake.
RattleRumble travel log:

33132616_350.png

RattleRumble

The young mirror was barely old enough to walk when he found himself passed off from his birth home of Clan Malevu to the free-wheeling, lax care of Namesong's mercenaries, doctors, and curse-breakers. Mute from the moment he hatched, his parents had abandoned him there in hopes that they would be able to free him from whatever was causing his silence. Given free reign of the extensive burrow beneath the Plague territory, he quickly discovered the den where all the travelers lived while they were staying with the clan. Many of them had come across dragons in their travels with various strange maladies and conditions, and so were perfectly accepting of the silent little pup. They were even quite happy to let him snuggle up in their hammocks or show him baubles from their knapsacks. They told stories, and sang songs, playing and wrestling with the little one, uncaring of his strange quietness. And one day- almost miraculously- he made a sound. After yawning his strange, soundless yawn, he blinked his eyes sleepily, and let out a small, distinct creaking in the back of his throat. He clumsily climbed into one of the hammocks around the room and fell asleep- the hammock swaying gently and creaking in time to the movements. The travelers were astounded, and this just renewed their love and interest of the little mirror.

As he got slightly older, he started to leave his favorite room for greater amounts of time, following the travelers around on their daily routines. Many of the travelers were fighters, warriors or mercenaries in training who had come to Namesong for practice and instructions. His favorite was a cantankerous bogsneak who spoke as little as he did. She would head off almost every day to go and fight in the sparring rooms, her aggressive style both deadly and off-putting to most... but not him. He was wondrous of her skill, and would continue to sneak out after her despite her obvious dislike of his intrusion.

She was snappy- quite literally- at almost any who came near her, including him. He was undeterred though, and continued to follow her, day after day, as she would follow the same routine- spar, spend time with the familiars in the bestiary, and curl up, alone, in her hammock in the far corner. He quickly came to enjoy these things. He would try to knock over the sparring dummies, ripping up the sacks and sending the burlap and sawdust flying everywhere! And he would leap and play with the various familiars, slowly learning their sounds and calls and moods, until he could almost disappear among them, his behavior and mimicry skills having grown until the familiars themselves couldn't always quite decide if he was dragon or parda. When she slept; he slept. When she snarled and bristled, he rolled over submissively like the wolves had taught him. And slowly, she would flatten her crest.

Then came the evening where the young pup managed, peeping like a baby sweetpuff, to tuck himself into her hammock, curled up on her shoulders right next to her little frog Bubble. And she did not snap. She did not do more than give an annoyed huff of air at him, letting him struggle his way onto her back and fall asleep there.

The next day they were gone- the both of them. She had decided to move on, and he- buzzing excitedly like a webwing's wing beats- had followed in her wake.
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14