Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | (Pinkerlocke) Shifting Sunlight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29
[center][item=Snow Streak Pinion] [b]Day 4:[/b] Ahhhggg... More writing. I wanted a new dragon, lol. Writing bios today! c: [/center] [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30277207] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/302773/30277207_350.png[/img] [/url] Frostblossom is a young fae originally from The Ashfall Waste. Her mother is a fae like herself, and is very good at finding minerals. Frostblossom's father is a skydancer, and as faes can naturally sense magical and elemental signatures, and skydancers seem to have a sixth sense, it only has made Frostblossom even more sensitive to the elemental and magical energies around her. She has only recently left home, and has traveled to the Sunbeam Ruins in the hopes to find gold. [/center] [/quote] [quote] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30809590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308096/30809590_350.png[/img] [/url] Raigi is a snapper who left his clan because he doesn't want to be sent to be exalted because he wants to learn more about the world and see and do amazing and wonderful things that exalted dragons can't, like picking his own job, and one day being a father. He somehow on the way to the Auction House found his way into the Sunbeam Ruins. He bumped into another hatchling while escaping, who's name is Howard. The two became best friends and wandered out into the forest and soon met up with Frostblossom. [/center] [/quote] [quote] [center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30820776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308208/30820776_350.png[/img] [/url] Howard is bogsneak who ran away from his clan because he doesn't want to be sent away to be exalted because he wants to explore more of the world instead of being stuck somewhere reading books and things or something as an exalted dragon. On his way being taken to the Auction House, he escaped and met up with Raigi. They have become best friends and were wandering the forests of the Sunbeam Ruins before meeting up with Frostblossom. [/center] [/quote]
Snow Streak Pinion

Day 4:

Ahhhggg... More writing. I wanted a new dragon, lol. Writing bios today! c:
Quote:

30277207_350.png

Frostblossom is a young fae originally from The Ashfall Waste. Her mother is a fae like herself, and is very good at finding minerals. Frostblossom's father is a skydancer, and as faes can naturally sense magical and elemental signatures, and skydancers seem to have a sixth sense, it only has made Frostblossom even more sensitive to the elemental and magical energies around her. She has only recently left home, and has traveled to the Sunbeam Ruins in the hopes to find gold.
Quote:

30809590_350.png

Raigi is a snapper who left his clan because he doesn't want to be sent to be exalted because he wants to learn more about the world and see and do amazing and wonderful things that exalted dragons can't, like picking his own job, and one day being a father. He somehow on the way to the Auction House found his way into the Sunbeam Ruins. He bumped into another hatchling while escaping, who's name is Howard. The two became best friends and wandered out into the forest and soon met up with Frostblossom.

Quote:

30820776_350.png

Howard is bogsneak who ran away from his clan because he doesn't want to be sent away to be exalted because he wants to explore more of the world instead of being stuck somewhere reading books and things or something as an exalted dragon. On his way being taken to the Auction House, he escaped and met up with Raigi. They have become best friends and were wandering the forests of the Sunbeam Ruins before meeting up with Frostblossom.
a3665186-2e54-4922-869a-430b41931c92.png
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

Trigun Stampede - Dr. Stone
Fleet Foxes - Delicious in Dungeon

[center][item=Poisonous Toridae] Day 5: (YES OH YES YAY YAY NEW DRAGON) [IMG]http://i68.tinypic.com/3147cqf.jpg[/IMG] (THANKS PINKERTON. ) Alrighty! Random Number Generator, give me a number! :D It gave me.... 1. What is 1? *Hurries to look at list* Fae.... Okay, let's go buy the cheapest adult fae then! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30778155] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307782/30778155_350.png[/img] [/url] This was the cheapest adult fae. She's unnamed, so let's see... What will we name you... Name randomizer says Chartreuseterror, lol, I think not. Randomize again and it says Flightstone... Meh... Again and and few more times and Atmosphere pops up. Nope. Well, Flightstone it is I guess. Everyone, meet Flightstone! Her companion is a Poisonous Toridae! I might try to dress her up a bit today. She'll be introduced into the story tomorrow! [/center]
Poisonous Toridae

Day 5:

(YES OH YES YAY YAY NEW DRAGON)

3147cqf.jpg

(THANKS PINKERTON. )

Alrighty! Random Number Generator, give me a number! :D

It gave me.... 1. What is 1? *Hurries to look at list* Fae.... Okay, let's go buy the cheapest adult fae then!

30778155_350.png

This was the cheapest adult fae. She's unnamed, so let's see... What will we name you... Name randomizer says Chartreuseterror, lol, I think not. Randomize again and it says Flightstone... Meh... Again and and few more times and Atmosphere pops up. Nope. Well, Flightstone it is I guess.

Everyone, meet Flightstone! Her companion is a Poisonous Toridae! I might try to dress her up a bit today. She'll be introduced into the story tomorrow!
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

[center] [item=Chrome Laser Head] [b]Day 6:[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30778155] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/307782/30778155_350.png[/img] [/url] A small, young fae slowly flew into the forest slowly. The sky was darkening as twilight approached. All that was left of the glorious sun was the top barely above the horizon as it sank, dying the sky and clouds around it richly golden, red and orange in hue. She had been traveling all day, and besides a few quick stops to hover in mid air eat flying insects and to drink from her canteen, she had been moving all day. She flew downwards, landing softly on the ground. She straightened her bandana and dusted off her coat. Exhausted, she let her wings lie flat, and crawled along looking for a place to rest before night came. [i]I don't want to be just on the ground... Who knows what roams these forests...[/i] She thought with a shiver as a chill wind blew past. She continued onward, and then, just when she was sniffing a tree's hollow, she thought she saw swift movement out of the corner of her eye. A crack of leaves and twigs. The creaking of an old log. The movement of brush and undergrowth as something moved through. She kept glancing around, trying to see what it was. [b]"It's okay Flightstone, it's all right, it's probably nothing, maybe a squirrel or something....Just, just calm down. Calm down..."[/b] She said to herself, closing her eyes as she took deep breaths. Suddenly something sharp nudged her back. Flightstone gasped, eyes wide, terrified to move. [b]"Turn around."[/b] A gruff voice said. Flightstone slowly turned around, to see a Snapper and Bogsneak standing behind her. The bogsneak has a spear pointed at her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30809590] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308096/30809590_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30820776] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/308208/30820776_350.png[/img] [/url] Both looked fierce, with narrowed eyes. The only thing not so frightening about them was their size... They were a... [i]bit[/i] smaller than your average snappers and bogsneaks. She could tell that they must be around her age. Still though, she was still small she didn't dare try her luck against them and risk getting smushed or stabbed. [b]"State your business."[/b] The bogsneak growled. [b]"I'm just-I just got here after traveling all day. I've been flying all day and I just was looking for somewhere to rest."[/b] She explained, eyes wide. [b]"[i]Why[/i] are you in this forest though, why did you come to the Sunbeam Ruins? Are you looking for [i]something[/i]?"[/b] The bogsneak asked. [b]"Well, I came here to look for gemstones but I don't see what that has to do with anything??"[/b] Flightstone said, moving nervously under their glares. The snapper and the bogsneak looked at each other, eyes wide. They looked even more fierce now. [b]"Well, well, there's no gems here! Nope! Definitely not any precious metals or, or gemstones at all!"[/b] The snapper shouted, his eyes shifting back and forth suspiciously. [b]"Shut your [i]mouth[/i] Raigi you're gonna [i]ruin[/i] everything and then she'll [i]know![/i]"[/b] The bogsneak whispered angrily. However, his harsh whispers were not quiet enough to escape Flightstone's ears. [b]"Look, listen, I'm not going to steal your gemstones or mining spot or anything!"[/b] She said, exasperated. The bogsneak gasped. [b]"See! I [i]told[/i] you! Now she [i]knows[/i]..."[/b] The bogsneak growled at the Snapper, Raigi. [b]"Oh whatever Howard, big whoop."[/b] Raigi said, then looked down at the small fae, less threatening than before. [b]"Sorry about how rude we were earlier."[/b] He said. [b]"I'm not."[/b] Howard huffed. Raigi narrowed his eyes at Howard, then turned back to Flightstone. [b]"Ignore him. My name's Raigi, what's your name?"[/b] He said with a smile, staring at her. [b]"Um, my name's Flightstone..."[/b] She said shyly. [b]"Nice to meet you Flightstone. Hey-! I have an idea! Why don't you come with us! Help us look for metals and gems!"[/b] Raigi said excitedly, galloping around. [b]"Absolutely not!"[/b] Howard snarled. [b]"[i]You're[/i] not in charge of the program Howard. Frostblossom is. We'll ask her, not [i]you[/i]."[/b] Raigi said with head held high. Howard stomped his feet and have a frustrated growl, stomping off towards camp. Raigi laughed a little, then looked back at Flightstone. [b]"Come on, follow me. It's getting really dark, so we need to get back to camp soon, and we can ask Frostblossom about you helping us."[/b] He said to her with a smile. [b]"Okay... That sounds great."[/b] Flightstone said with a sheepish smile. [i]It's only for the night, don't worry, I can leave as soon as morning comes."[/i] She thought nervously to herself, following the snapper. [i]And I hope this Frostblossom is as nice as Raigi....[/i] ~*~ It was night once they reached the camp. Flightstone looked around. There were three huts and a smaller structure behind one of the huts. A large wall made of logs surrounded the camp. In one of the huts she noticed Howard, who looked irritated. [b]"Who's this?"[/b] A voice asked. Flightstone turned her head to see a gray and white full grown fae coming towards her and Raigi. [b]"This is Flightstone. We found her out in the forest, and decided to bring her here. Can she join us?"[/b] Raigi asked. [b]"Hmm. I guess. We need all the help we can get. Keep an eye on here though, make sure she doesn't steal anything."[/b] She said, going back to her hut. [b]"I will."[/b] Raigi said, staring down at Flightstone with a grin. [b]"Um, so... Where do I sleep?"[/b] She asked. [b]"Oh! Um, well... I don't know. Oh wait! Yes I do! You can sleep in the storage and cleaning area! Just don't steal anything!"[/b] He said with a friendly smile, pointing towards the structure behind the hut Frostblossom was in. [b]"Okay. Thanks."[/b] Flightstone said, then went inside. She gasped at all the gems and gold inside. They were in little pans, and burlap and canvas sacks. She looked around for a place to sleep and soon settled down on a pile of empty burlap and canvas... ~*~ A loud roar was heard in the middle of the night. Flightstone woke up with a gasp, knocking some gems down as she got up. She hurried out into the middle of the camp, looking around. Frostblossom was already standing in the middle of camp. [b]"What's that???!"[/b] She asked, terrified. It sounded like it was no more than 50 feet away. [b]"Don't worry. It's not going to get into camp. We're safe."[/b] She said calmly, her face slightly twisted in worry. [b]"But it sounds like it's just right outside!"[/b] Flightstone whispered with wide eyes. [b]"What are you talking about? It's really loud, but it's probably a mile away or more. It won't come here. Go back to sleep. Just DON'T leave camp.. "[/b] Frostblossom said, going back to her hut. Flightstone wasn't so sure, but the roar was fading into the distance... What was that thing anyway? It sounded more horrible than anything she had ever heard before. No one had to worry, she certainly was not leaving camp... And why was there walls if it wouldn't come near...? She shuddered, and tiredness took over, and she decided to go back to sleep... For now, if she could... [/center]

Chrome Laser Head

Day 6:

30778155_350.png

A small, young fae slowly flew into the forest slowly. The sky was darkening as twilight approached. All that was left of the glorious sun was the top barely above the horizon as it sank, dying the sky and clouds around it richly golden, red and orange in hue.

She had been traveling all day, and besides a few quick stops to hover in mid air eat flying insects and to drink from her canteen, she had been moving all day. She flew downwards, landing softly on the ground. She straightened her bandana and dusted off her coat. Exhausted, she let her wings lie flat, and crawled along looking for a place to rest before night came. I don't want to be just on the ground... Who knows what roams these forests... She thought with a shiver as a chill wind blew past. She continued onward, and then, just when she was sniffing a tree's hollow, she thought she saw swift movement out of the corner of her eye.

A crack of leaves and twigs.

The creaking of an old log.

The movement of brush and undergrowth as something moved through.

She kept glancing around, trying to see what it was. "It's okay Flightstone, it's all right, it's probably nothing, maybe a squirrel or something....Just, just calm down. Calm down..." She said to herself, closing her eyes as she took deep breaths. Suddenly something sharp nudged her back.

Flightstone gasped, eyes wide, terrified to move.

"Turn around." A gruff voice said.

Flightstone slowly turned around, to see a Snapper and Bogsneak standing behind her. The bogsneak has a spear pointed at her.

30809590_350.png

30820776_350.png

Both looked fierce, with narrowed eyes. The only thing not so frightening about them was their size... They were a... bit smaller than your average snappers and bogsneaks. She could tell that they must be around her age. Still though, she was still small she didn't dare try her luck against them and risk getting smushed or stabbed.

"State your business." The bogsneak growled.

"I'm just-I just got here after traveling all day. I've been flying all day and I just was looking for somewhere to rest." She explained, eyes wide.

"Why are you in this forest though, why did you come to the Sunbeam Ruins? Are you looking for something?" The bogsneak asked.

"Well, I came here to look for gemstones but I don't see what that has to do with anything??" Flightstone said, moving nervously under their glares.

The snapper and the bogsneak looked at each other, eyes wide. They looked even more fierce now. "Well, well, there's no gems here! Nope! Definitely not any precious metals or, or gemstones at all!" The snapper shouted, his eyes shifting back and forth suspiciously.

"Shut your mouth Raigi you're gonna ruin everything and then she'll know!" The bogsneak whispered angrily. However, his harsh whispers were not quiet enough to escape Flightstone's ears.

"Look, listen, I'm not going to steal your gemstones or mining spot or anything!" She said, exasperated.

The bogsneak gasped. "See! I told you! Now she knows..." The bogsneak growled at the Snapper, Raigi.

"Oh whatever Howard, big whoop." Raigi said, then looked down at the small fae, less threatening than before. "Sorry about how rude we were earlier." He said.

"I'm not." Howard huffed.

Raigi narrowed his eyes at Howard, then turned back to Flightstone. "Ignore him. My name's Raigi, what's your name?" He said with a smile, staring at her.

"Um, my name's Flightstone..." She said shyly.

"Nice to meet you Flightstone. Hey-! I have an idea! Why don't you come with us! Help us look for metals and gems!" Raigi said excitedly, galloping around.

"Absolutely not!" Howard snarled.

"You're not in charge of the program Howard. Frostblossom is. We'll ask her, not you." Raigi said with head held high.

Howard stomped his feet and have a frustrated growl, stomping off towards camp.

Raigi laughed a little, then looked back at Flightstone. "Come on, follow me. It's getting really dark, so we need to get back to camp soon, and we can ask Frostblossom about you helping us." He said to her with a smile.

"Okay... That sounds great." Flightstone said with a sheepish smile. It's only for the night, don't worry, I can leave as soon as morning comes." She thought nervously to herself, following the snapper. And I hope this Frostblossom is as nice as Raigi....

~*~

It was night once they reached the camp. Flightstone looked around. There were three huts and a smaller structure behind one of the huts. A large wall made of logs surrounded the camp. In one of the huts she noticed Howard, who looked irritated.

"Who's this?" A voice asked. Flightstone turned her head to see a gray and white full grown fae coming towards her and Raigi.

"This is Flightstone. We found her out in the forest, and decided to bring her here. Can she join us?" Raigi asked.

"Hmm. I guess. We need all the help we can get. Keep an eye on here though, make sure she doesn't steal anything." She said, going back to her hut.

"I will." Raigi said, staring down at Flightstone with a grin.

"Um, so... Where do I sleep?" She asked.

"Oh! Um, well... I don't know. Oh wait! Yes I do! You can sleep in the storage and cleaning area! Just don't steal anything!" He said with a friendly smile, pointing towards the structure behind the hut Frostblossom was in.

"Okay. Thanks." Flightstone said, then went inside. She gasped at all the gems and gold inside. They were in little pans, and burlap and canvas sacks. She looked around for a place to sleep and soon settled down on a pile of empty burlap and canvas...

~*~

A loud roar was heard in the middle of the night. Flightstone woke up with a gasp, knocking some gems down as she got up. She hurried out into the middle of the camp, looking around. Frostblossom was already standing in the middle of camp. "What's that???!" She asked, terrified. It sounded like it was no more than 50 feet away.

"Don't worry. It's not going to get into camp. We're safe." She said calmly, her face slightly twisted in worry.

"But it sounds like it's just right outside!" Flightstone whispered with wide eyes.

"What are you talking about? It's really loud, but it's probably a mile away or more. It won't come here. Go back to sleep. Just DON'T leave camp.. " Frostblossom said, going back to her hut.

Flightstone wasn't so sure, but the roar was fading into the distance... What was that thing anyway? It sounded more horrible than anything she had ever heard before. No one had to worry, she certainly was not leaving camp... And why was there walls if it wouldn't come near...? She shuddered, and tiredness took over, and she decided to go back to sleep... For now, if she could...

█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
will you add me to the pinglist?
@Spottedleaf125
will you add me to the pinglist?
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@zzzhorses

Sure thing! c:
@zzzhorses

Sure thing! c:
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

[center] [item=Haunting Houndskull] [b]Day 7:[/b] Writing again today, sorry it's late! The Haunting Houndskull has an interesting tooltip.... ~*~ [i]Whoosh[/i] Flightstone flew past quickly with a shovel, pick, and small pan. The sparkling Fae landed next to Raigi and Howard, who were in a small dug out pit. Howard was up to his ankles in dirt, digging furiously. Meanwhile, Raigi was inspecting rocks closely, then backing up and smashing his front feet on the rock, breaking them open. Raigi lowered his head down, looking closer. [b]"I see a glimmer!"[/b] He called. Flightstone rushed over, and started chipping at it with her pick. She soon broke the small gem free and dropped it into the pan. Howard looked up. [b]"Rock."[/b] He said, carrying a rock over to the two. Raigi nodded, then started to back up to crush it open, but froze, looking down at Flightstone, who was watching him. [b]"No offense, but you'd better back up. Bits of rock fly [i]everywhere[/i] when I crush them. I guess it's 'cause I'm so strong."[/b] He said smugly. [b]"Oh, okay."[/b] Flightstone said, starting to leave. [b]"No, wait!"[/b] Raigi said with eyes wide. Flightstone slowly turned around. [b]"What?"[/b] [b]"I uh... You're safe at that distance... You can watch if you'd like still without, you know, getting hurt or anything."[/b] Raigi said, pawing at the ground. Howard rolled his eyes. Flightstone chuckled. [b]"Sure!"[/b] She said, watching Raigi. Raigi gave a roar and ran over to the rock, and then brought his feet down quickly, stomping the rock with a lot of force. The rock shattered in half and Raigi lost his footing and slipped, hitting his chin. [b]"Oh no! Are you alright Raigi?"[/b] Flightstone asked, fluttering over. [b]"I'm, I'm fine..."[/b] Raigi said, getting up, spitting out some dirt. Half of his face was caked in it. Howard gave a huff of amusement, snickering as he dug. [b]"Don't worry Flightstone, the only thing he hurt is his pride."[/b] Raigi gave a low irritated growl, glaring at Howard. Howard shrugged it off. Flightstone looked at the rock, and gasped. [b]"Look Raigi, look!"[/b] She said, staring at it closely. The light hitting the gems made her eyes sparkle. Raigi came over, and gasped as well. [b]"It's, it's [i]beautiful[/i]![/b] [b]"What, what??"[/b] Howard said, hurrying over. The rock had many small, unassuming, rough looking green gems in it. Flightstone and Raigi looked at each other excitedly. Howard grimaced in confusion. [b]"I don't get it!"[/b] He said. Flightstone carefully chipped one out, and held it up to the light. [b]"Emeralds!"[/b] [b]"Wait- Aren't those really super valuable or something??"[/b] Howard asked, jaw slack. [b]"Yes, they are! And we've found some!!!!"[/b] Raigi said, jumping around excitedly. Flightstone quickly chipped at them, and after several anticipating minutes got them all free. [b]"I've got to take these to Frostblossom! Howard, stay here and guard the dig spot!"[/b] Flightstone said, and motioned for Raigi to follow. [b]"Come on!"[/b] She said. [b]"I'm coming!!!"[/b] Raigi came galloping, following after her. ~*~ Frostblossom was cleaning some small gemstones when Flightstone and Raigi burst in. [b]"Look!!!"[/b] Flightstone said, randomly grabbing a gem from the pan. Frostblossom leaned forward and looked. [b]"What, an agate?"[/b] She asked. [b]"What-? No! Not that! This, these!"[/b] Flightstone said, tossing the agate back in the pan and showing the emeralds. Frostblossom's eyes lit up and she picked some up and held it up to the firefly lantern. She grinned, looking back at them. [b]"This is perfect."[/b] @zzzhorses [/center]
Haunting Houndskull

Day 7:

Writing again today, sorry it's late! The Haunting Houndskull has an interesting tooltip....

~*~

Whoosh

Flightstone flew past quickly with a shovel, pick, and small pan. The sparkling Fae landed next to Raigi and Howard, who were in a small dug out pit. Howard was up to his ankles in dirt, digging furiously. Meanwhile, Raigi was inspecting rocks closely, then backing up and smashing his front feet on the rock, breaking them open.

Raigi lowered his head down, looking closer. "I see a glimmer!" He called. Flightstone rushed over, and started chipping at it with her pick. She soon broke the small gem free and dropped it into the pan.

Howard looked up. "Rock." He said, carrying a rock over to the two. Raigi nodded, then started to back up to crush it open, but froze, looking down at Flightstone, who was watching him. "No offense, but you'd better back up. Bits of rock fly everywhere when I crush them. I guess it's 'cause I'm so strong." He said smugly.

"Oh, okay." Flightstone said, starting to leave.

"No, wait!" Raigi said with eyes wide.

Flightstone slowly turned around. "What?"

"I uh... You're safe at that distance... You can watch if you'd like still without, you know, getting hurt or anything." Raigi said, pawing at the ground. Howard rolled his eyes.

Flightstone chuckled. "Sure!" She said, watching Raigi.

Raigi gave a roar and ran over to the rock, and then brought his feet down quickly, stomping the rock with a lot of force. The rock shattered in half and Raigi lost his footing and slipped, hitting his chin.

"Oh no! Are you alright Raigi?" Flightstone asked, fluttering over.

"I'm, I'm fine..." Raigi said, getting up, spitting out some dirt. Half of his face was caked in it.

Howard gave a huff of amusement, snickering as he dug. "Don't worry Flightstone, the only thing he hurt is his pride."

Raigi gave a low irritated growl, glaring at Howard. Howard shrugged it off.

Flightstone looked at the rock, and gasped. "Look Raigi, look!" She said, staring at it closely. The light hitting the gems made her eyes sparkle.

Raigi came over, and gasped as well. "It's, it's beautiful!

"What, what??" Howard said, hurrying over.

The rock had many small, unassuming, rough looking green gems in it. Flightstone and Raigi looked at each other excitedly. Howard grimaced in confusion. "I don't get it!" He said.

Flightstone carefully chipped one out, and held it up to the light. "Emeralds!"

"Wait- Aren't those really super valuable or something??" Howard asked, jaw slack.

"Yes, they are! And we've found some!!!!" Raigi said, jumping around excitedly.

Flightstone quickly chipped at them, and after several anticipating minutes got them all free.

"I've got to take these to Frostblossom! Howard, stay here and guard the dig spot!" Flightstone said, and motioned for Raigi to follow. "Come on!" She said.

"I'm coming!!!" Raigi came galloping, following after her.

~*~

Frostblossom was cleaning some small gemstones when Flightstone and Raigi burst in.

"Look!!!" Flightstone said, randomly grabbing a gem from the pan.

Frostblossom leaned forward and looked. "What, an agate?" She asked.

"What-? No! Not that! This, these!" Flightstone said, tossing the agate back in the pan and showing the emeralds.

Frostblossom's eyes lit up and she picked some up and held it up to the firefly lantern.

She grinned, looking back at them.

"This is perfect."

@zzzhorses
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125
ooh, are they going to go sell the emeralds or something and get rich?
@Spottedleaf125
ooh, are they going to go sell the emeralds or something and get rich?
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
[center][item=Discipline] [b]Day 8:[/b] (OH NO! Not [i]another[/i] battlestone! ;; I flipped... and got heads... Time to randomize to see who is going to have to battle... For reference: 1. Frostblossom 2. Raigi 3. Howard 4. Flightstone Okay randomizer..... First Number is... 2! Oh Raigi... ;; 1! Frostblossom. She's was in the last battle too... That's a little reassuring. 3. Howard comes too! Let's get going! Hopefully things will turn out better. I have more health potions this time. ) (A warning for death and slight gore if any might occur. Let's hope not.) Flightstone was getting ready to go to sleep. It had been a long day of hunting for more gemstones- especially emeralds, and had actually found a good amount of gems. Turns out, there [i]was[/i] more emeralds. Each individual emerald was gently picked and loosened from the rock, taken to Frostblossom, and then rinsed and cleaned before being packed away into a now rather bulging canvas sack. Frostblossom has told them yesterday her plan, why they had been saving up so many gems. [b]"We'll get as much as we can of any and all precious gems and metals in the area, and store them here, maybe even bury them in hiding. We'll wash them, double check them to make sure they're the right type, label the sacks, and then we can take them to a dragon I contacted before I made this journey. They are an appraiser, and they will tell us the correct value for the different types." [/b] Frostblossom had said simply the night before. [b]"And then?"[/b] Raigi and Flightstone has asked. [b]"Then, we perhaps smelt and polish the gems and metals, and then we sell them."[/b] ....Yes... So much treasure they would have... It would be wonderful. All the lovely things they could buy... Flightstone had decided she'd stay and help after all, despite her apprehension at first. [i]Frostblossom is a fair dragon after all, she's promised to divide the treasure evenly due to all our hard work... She's even offered that we can go ahead and split the gems and metals after the appraiser says the price and each take our own share then and polish and sell. She says she's very grateful for all the help we've offered.[/i] Flightstone yawned and started to try and go to sleep, not wanting to bother thinking or worrying about the roars of whatever it was that she had heard her first night here. She hadn't heard it the other night, though yesterday she did have a strange feeling of being watched throughout the day... Oh well, she guessed it was just nerves. ~*~ Frostblossom sighed, it was late. The firefly lantern was buzzing and flickering in her hut. She had been writing with her quill on birch paper almost all evening, writing down the amounts of each gem and metal type. She chuckled to herself. That first day, hunting among boulders for gold... It was funny how far she had come with some help by meeting those hatchlings that fateful day... She almost looked to them like a mother would to her children, or an elder sister to her younger brothers. She would have never sent them back to the Auction House, even though she did threaten it that one time. She hoped they knew that. Raigi and Howard were such good dragons. Flightstone seemed good too, or Raigi certainly thought so. She smirked and then finished her writing, looking at some of the sacks of gems and metals. [i]Hmm... So many. We definitely will [b]have[/b] to just take them to the appraiser a trickle at a time. Maybe half a sack or so at a time, that way even if we get robbed it will only be a tiny bit stolen. We certainly wouldn't want to take these all at once. We'd be robbed for sure, a sitting target. I'll have to make sure to explain that to the others tomorrow[/i] She thought, then leaned back. Suddenly, she heard a loud thump, and she shot back up. It sounded like it was outside the fence... Right outside. Silence filled the air. The creeping type that surrounded everything around in a suppressive, smothering, fog of soundlessness... Like the night... Frostblossom shivered. She couldn't sense anything around, and yet she felt she should get up and go out and check... She knew she shouldn't be heading outside the fence but the silence was almost beckoning her to check, to make sure that they were safe and that nothing was there. In a trance, the fae got up, walking out of the hut, and into the consuming night, even though every fiber screamed no... She tried to fight it, but it was almost like something was pulling her... She was starting, with a dread, to realize what she was feeling. It was magic. Bad magic. Pulling her. Silencing her. She felt it. She felt it now. It was an [i][b]overwhelming[/b][/i] mass of magic and elemental property, pulling her like a magnet, overriding her own magic and elements... She thought, maybe... Maybe it might work. Faes were all connected in a sense. It was her only hope as her legs and wings moved forward without her permission... ~*~ Flightstone woke up with a start. She [i]sensed[/i] something. Something horrid. Something repulsive. Then, words popped up into her head. Simple words. Two words. [b]Help. Me.[/b] Then one more, fuzzy, but transmitted as well. [b][i]Please[/i][/b] It sounded almost like... Frostblossom. Flightstone's eyes widened as she realized. She leapt up and flew outside, loudly knocking more gems and pans down. Raigi and Howard woke up, and immediately ran out into the middle of camp. They looked at each other, knowing this feeling. It had happened [i]last[/i] time. They thought they saw something, someone being dragged up through the trees on the other side of the wall... Frostblossom was being pulled backwards by an invisible force. Her eyes were wide as she stared down at Raigi, Howard, and Flightstone who was already flying towards her to help, she was just out of reach a little bit [b]"FROSTBLOSSOM!!!! NO!!!!"[/b] Raigi screeched, galloping towards the gate. Howard was silent in shock, but ran as well. Flightstone tried to get closer, but the energy moved slightly into another invisible limb and with a boom threw Flightstone across the camp. That shift of energy caused the grip to be slightly lessened on Frostblossom. She was able to speak. [b]"RUN!"[/b] She screamed, and then there was an ear splitting roar and Frostblossom was yanked away into the darkness of the night as they all stopped at the edge of the forest and watched in horror as she disappeared. There was crashing and trees and breaking and crunching... and then everything was silent again. Completely silent. Then all sound slowly ebbed back. [b]"No NO NO!!!"[/b] Raigi screeched, running into the forest, Howard and Flightstone following. Raigi broke down small trees and and crashed through brush as he ran. He soon came to a stop, looking down at the ground. There was a trail. He kept running, following it, and soon came across... Raigi looked away in disgust and horror, screaming. Howard gasped. Flightstone almost passed out. Frostblossom was dead. Howard opened a pack and threw burlap over the remains, and slipped it under her body as well, and then they lifted her up and carried her out to a hill near the camp. Soon, they laid her down and covered leaves around it. Raigi was sobbing. Flightstone was silent in shock. Howard slowly started digging up dirt and covering it around Frostblossom. They grouped together and each put branches over her body. Then flowers. Then stones and rocks to cover. Howard and Raigi collapsed next to the grave, crying softly. Flightstone looked up at the night sky, the moon shining down onto her grave. She rested a lilly on top of the grave. ~*~ They stayed there until dawn, even with the pressing fear of the monster, their grieving hearts couldn't take it to leave behind the Fae who had started this journey for them. They had sat and kept a vigil the entire night by her grave. Howard finally got up. [b]"Come... Come on guys... We need to keep the camp safe. The gems. The gold. We need to take them to the appraiser... It's what she would have wanted."[/b] Howard said. Raigi got up, eyes puffy. [b]"We-we-we can take her share here, and put it around her g-g-gr-gra-grav-oh!"[/b] He started sobbing again. Howard came closer. Flightstone leaned against Raigi. [b]"Of course we will Raigi, of course we will..."[/b] (Round 2... Frostblossom. She's gone. RIP strong confident leader... R.I.P... :( What will the others do without you...? ) @zzzhorses [/center]
Discipline

Day 8:

(OH NO! Not another battlestone! ;; I flipped... and got heads... Time to randomize to see who is going to have to battle...

For reference:

1. Frostblossom
2. Raigi
3. Howard
4. Flightstone

Okay randomizer.....

First Number is...

2! Oh Raigi... ;;
1! Frostblossom. She's was in the last battle too... That's a little reassuring.
3. Howard comes too!

Let's get going! Hopefully things will turn out better. I have more health potions this time. )

(A warning for death and slight gore if any might occur. Let's hope not.)

Flightstone was getting ready to go to sleep. It had been a long day of hunting for more gemstones- especially emeralds, and had actually found a good amount of gems. Turns out, there was more emeralds. Each individual emerald was gently picked and loosened from the rock, taken to Frostblossom, and then rinsed and cleaned before being packed away into a now rather bulging canvas sack.

Frostblossom has told them yesterday her plan, why they had been saving up so many gems.

"We'll get as much as we can of any and all precious gems and metals in the area, and store them here, maybe even bury them in hiding. We'll wash them, double check them to make sure they're the right type, label the sacks, and then we can take them to a dragon I contacted before I made this journey. They are an appraiser, and they will tell us the correct value for the different types." Frostblossom had said simply the night before.

"And then?" Raigi and Flightstone has asked.

"Then, we perhaps smelt and polish the gems and metals, and then we sell them."

....Yes... So much treasure they would have... It would be wonderful. All the lovely things they could buy... Flightstone had decided she'd stay and help after all, despite her apprehension at first. Frostblossom is a fair dragon after all, she's promised to divide the treasure evenly due to all our hard work... She's even offered that we can go ahead and split the gems and metals after the appraiser says the price and each take our own share then and polish and sell. She says she's very grateful for all the help we've offered.

Flightstone yawned and started to try and go to sleep, not wanting to bother thinking or worrying about the roars of whatever it was that she had heard her first night here. She hadn't heard it the other night, though yesterday she did have a strange feeling of being watched throughout the day... Oh well, she guessed it was just nerves.

~*~

Frostblossom sighed, it was late. The firefly lantern was buzzing and flickering in her hut. She had been writing with her quill on birch paper almost all evening, writing down the amounts of each gem and metal type. She chuckled to herself. That first day, hunting among boulders for gold... It was funny how far she had come with some help by meeting those hatchlings that fateful day... She almost looked to them like a mother would to her children, or an elder sister to her younger brothers. She would have never sent them back to the Auction House, even though she did threaten it that one time. She hoped they knew that. Raigi and Howard were such good dragons. Flightstone seemed good too, or Raigi certainly thought so. She smirked and then finished her writing, looking at some of the sacks of gems and metals. Hmm... So many. We definitely will have to just take them to the appraiser a trickle at a time. Maybe half a sack or so at a time, that way even if we get robbed it will only be a tiny bit stolen. We certainly wouldn't want to take these all at once. We'd be robbed for sure, a sitting target. I'll have to make sure to explain that to the others tomorrow She thought, then leaned back.

Suddenly, she heard a loud thump, and she shot back up. It sounded like it was outside the fence... Right outside. Silence filled the air. The creeping type that surrounded everything around in a suppressive, smothering, fog of soundlessness... Like the night... Frostblossom shivered. She couldn't sense anything around, and yet she felt she should get up and go out and check... She knew she shouldn't be heading outside the fence but the silence was almost beckoning her to check, to make sure that they were safe and that nothing was there. In a trance, the fae got up, walking out of the hut, and into the consuming night, even though every fiber screamed no... She tried to fight it, but it was almost like something was pulling her... She was starting, with a dread, to realize what she was feeling. It was magic. Bad magic. Pulling her. Silencing her. She felt it. She felt it now. It was an overwhelming mass of magic and elemental property, pulling her like a magnet, overriding her own magic and elements... She thought, maybe... Maybe it might work. Faes were all connected in a sense. It was her only hope as her legs and wings moved forward without her permission...

~*~

Flightstone woke up with a start. She sensed something. Something horrid. Something repulsive. Then, words popped up into her head. Simple words. Two words.

Help. Me.

Then one more, fuzzy, but transmitted as well.

Please

It sounded almost like... Frostblossom. Flightstone's eyes widened as she realized. She leapt up and flew outside, loudly knocking more gems and pans down.

Raigi and Howard woke up, and immediately ran out into the middle of camp. They looked at each other, knowing this feeling. It had happened last time.

They thought they saw something, someone being dragged up through the trees on the other side of the wall...

Frostblossom was being pulled backwards by an invisible force. Her eyes were wide as she stared down at Raigi, Howard, and Flightstone who was already flying towards her to help, she was just out of reach a little bit

"FROSTBLOSSOM!!!! NO!!!!" Raigi screeched, galloping towards the gate. Howard was silent in shock, but ran as well. Flightstone tried to get closer, but the energy moved slightly into another invisible limb and with a boom threw Flightstone across the camp.

That shift of energy caused the grip to be slightly lessened on Frostblossom. She was able to speak. "RUN!" She screamed, and then there was an ear splitting roar and Frostblossom was yanked away into the darkness of the night as they all stopped at the edge of the forest and watched in horror as she disappeared. There was crashing and trees and breaking and crunching... and then everything was silent again.

Completely silent.

Then all sound slowly ebbed back.

"No NO NO!!!" Raigi screeched, running into the forest, Howard and Flightstone following. Raigi broke down small trees and and crashed through brush as he ran. He soon came to a stop, looking down at the ground. There was a trail. He kept running, following it, and soon came across...

Raigi looked away in disgust and horror, screaming. Howard gasped. Flightstone almost passed out.

Frostblossom was dead.

Howard opened a pack and threw burlap over the remains, and slipped it under her body as well, and then they lifted her up and carried her out to a hill near the camp. Soon, they laid her down and covered leaves around it. Raigi was sobbing. Flightstone was silent in shock. Howard slowly started digging up dirt and covering it around Frostblossom. They grouped together and each put branches over her body. Then flowers. Then stones and rocks to cover. Howard and Raigi collapsed next to the grave, crying softly. Flightstone looked up at the night sky, the moon shining down onto her grave. She rested a lilly on top of the grave.

~*~

They stayed there until dawn, even with the pressing fear of the monster, their grieving hearts couldn't take it to leave behind the Fae who had started this journey for them. They had sat and kept a vigil the entire night by her grave.

Howard finally got up. "Come... Come on guys... We need to keep the camp safe. The gems. The gold. We need to take them to the appraiser... It's what she would have wanted." Howard said.

Raigi got up, eyes puffy. "We-we-we can take her share here, and put it around her g-g-gr-gra-grav-oh!" He started sobbing again. Howard came closer. Flightstone leaned against Raigi.

"Of course we will Raigi, of course we will..."

(Round 2... Frostblossom. She's gone. RIP strong confident leader... R.I.P... :( What will the others do without you...? )

@zzzhorses
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@zzzhorses

(I hope you don't mind that I answered your question in the story, yes, they are planning on eventually selling some of the emeralds. c: )
@zzzhorses

(I hope you don't mind that I answered your question in the story, yes, they are planning on eventually selling some of the emeralds. c: )
█████████████████
███████████████
███
She/her - 23 - Artist

@Spottedleaf125

Poor Frostblossom..... Could I be added to the pinglist? I am really enjoying this pinkerlocke!
@Spottedleaf125

Poor Frostblossom..... Could I be added to the pinglist? I am really enjoying this pinkerlocke!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 28 29