Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Paths We Wander [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30 31
@IronPen

Thanks!!! And yeah, these harpies are particularly nasty...
@IronPen

Thanks!!! And yeah, these harpies are particularly nasty...
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@petall Ahhh this is such an interesting plot idea! I like Viper's exploration a lot. Can't wait to see what Viper decides on :D
@petall Ahhh this is such an interesting plot idea! I like Viper's exploration a lot. Can't wait to see what Viper decides on :D
9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png Left: Sales thread. Right: Egg a day challenge. 9a7022265cce6e6517f86509db3f1669ab24b257.png
@Kizzan

Thank you!!!
@Kizzan

Thank you!!!
b7742e507b7cf8e2cd71c4f2ffd5a17c3b9f9e2e.png 7ae5f576df9583faed137e7e0ca37146ab2a57b6.png
@Petall
I wonder what happens if he says no.
@Petall
I wonder what happens if he says no.
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
@zzzhorses

You'll have to wait and see!
@zzzhorses

You'll have to wait and see!
@Petall
I guess I will.
@Petall
I guess I will.
aNHEZYf.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6ky5FlX1r2ao8y_540.pngTn4TEAZ.png+0 FRT ~ she/they ~ INFP
[center][b][u]Day 29[/u][/b] [item=Sardines] Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles @CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/12#post_25599138]Previous[/url] _______________________________________________________________________________________[/center] Today was the day. The day Iwan had been waiting for. The day he would prove himself, for once and for all. He ran ahead of the group, scouting ahead and keeping low to the ground. He would prove himself to be the best hunter, the best fighter, the best candidate for anything. He glanced back, cheking he hadn't strayed too far from his family. He caught sight of Sobek, leaping up to catch a butterfly, and he rolled his eyes. Why didn't his brother take anything seriously? He didn't care about being stronger, or being the best he could be. All he cared about was singing and dancing, nothing that would really help him get anywhere in life. Still, he had to admit that his brother was happy. That had to count for something. Though his memories had greatly faded of his hatchling day, he still remembered the strong urge to protect his brother. The fear that tremored through his heart still coursed through him some nights, awaking him from his dreams. He was glad Sobek did not seem to remember what he did. Perhaps that's why he was so short with him, because he wished he could forget too. Life was not fun and games. Life was about survival. That's what today was about. Survival. It had not been long ago that Viper returned to the cavern unusually flustered. He had heard the serthis demand that his mother start teaching he and his brother to protect themselves, though he had not heard more before his father had shooed him away. He had tried to slink closer without being noticed, but it was at that time that Sobek had decided to come up behind him and sing to him at the top of his lungs, and Iwan could not hear anything and could not move closer without alerting them to his presence. Still, he had to agree. The world was dangerous, and they had to defend themselves. [center]***[/center] Training had been going well. Iwan's muscles were already aching from using them so much, but he knew that they were getting stronger. He felt certain he'd be able to take on a death head's stag on his own now, if only he got the chance. He growled at the ember mouse he was facing. It didn't seemed fazed. [i]It should be.[/i] Iwan thought to himself. [i]It's about to be my dinner![/i] His mother had clearly instructed him to attack only when provoked, or during a hunt, and that unless necessary to his safety, avoid killing anything. Iwan's stomach was growling, and looking at the large mouse brought saliva to his mouth. He had eaten plenty of ember mice before, why should this be any different? Just as he was about to pounce, the mouse darted out from beneath his paws. Iwan cursed, earning a stern look from his mother, but his shame didn't last long. He suddenly saw the ember mouse glow brighter, and it shot a burst of energy towards Sobek. his brother barely had time to react. it hit him squarely in the chest, causing his pale green eyes to widen with shock before he collapsed. Iwan felt his heart drop. In a surge of anger, he pounced on the mouse, successfully killing the large rodent this time, but he felt little satisfaction. Dropping his prey to be picked up later, he raced over to his brother. He was hardly moving. Their mother and father were over him, worry filling their eyes, while Viper began to examine the smaller mirror. [i]This is all my fault.[/i] Iwan thought to himself, starting to breath heavily. It was only when Susan came up behind him that he remembered to do his breathing exercises. Sobek's four eyes opened slowly, and looked up at their parents. He cracked open his mouth and a quiet noise could be heard. Everyone waited with baited breath, and then Iwan realized it was a song. "I remember death so much it feels more like a memory." Sobek sang. "Is this where it gets me..." His voice grew louder with each word, until he was on his feet again, belting out the song as if nothing had happened. "Yeah, he's okay. We get the point, you lump!" Iwan laughed, though despite his words, he was relieved Sobek was okay. He didn't know what he would do with himself if something happened to his brother. ____________________________________________________________________________________ Pinkerton, please, I beg of you, stop with the Coli. Will I constantly have to be fearing for my dragon's lives? I'd like at least a week before anyone else dies, thanks. I had a few close calls with Sobek. I'm so thankful he's alright, I love writing him far too much. I thought you guys might enjoy a new POV, and I thought it would be cool to explore the two brothers more deeply, because before they were just sort of there and just used to lighten the mood, but they are grown up now and I'm excited to make them deeper characters. [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2090290/14#post_25643041]Next[/url][/center]
Day 29
Sardines
Sentence: 30-40 Coli Battles
@CleverDual @Kyrinasha @MysterySandwing @Ezmara @Shanuuk @Skyeset @Kizzan @Leopardmask @Tiirran @IronPen @misdemeanours @zzzhorses

Previous
_______________________________________________________________________________________

Today was the day. The day Iwan had been waiting for. The day he would prove himself, for once and for all. He ran ahead of the group, scouting ahead and keeping low to the ground. He would prove himself to be the best hunter, the best fighter, the best candidate for anything.

He glanced back, cheking he hadn't strayed too far from his family. He caught sight of Sobek, leaping up to catch a butterfly, and he rolled his eyes. Why didn't his brother take anything seriously? He didn't care about being stronger, or being the best he could be. All he cared about was singing and dancing, nothing that would really help him get anywhere in life. Still, he had to admit that his brother was happy. That had to count for something.

Though his memories had greatly faded of his hatchling day, he still remembered the strong urge to protect his brother. The fear that tremored through his heart still coursed through him some nights, awaking him from his dreams. He was glad Sobek did not seem to remember what he did. Perhaps that's why he was so short with him, because he wished he could forget too. Life was not fun and games. Life was about survival.

That's what today was about. Survival. It had not been long ago that Viper returned to the cavern unusually flustered. He had heard the serthis demand that his mother start teaching he and his brother to protect themselves, though he had not heard more before his father had shooed him away. He had tried to slink closer without being noticed, but it was at that time that Sobek had decided to come up behind him and sing to him at the top of his lungs, and Iwan could not hear anything and could not move closer without alerting them to his presence. Still, he had to agree. The world was dangerous, and they had to defend themselves.

Training had been going well. Iwan's muscles were already aching from using them so much, but he knew that they were getting stronger. He felt certain he'd be able to take on a death head's stag on his own now, if only he got the chance.

He growled at the ember mouse he was facing. It didn't seemed fazed. It should be. Iwan thought to himself. It's about to be my dinner! His mother had clearly instructed him to attack only when provoked, or during a hunt, and that unless necessary to his safety, avoid killing anything. Iwan's stomach was growling, and looking at the large mouse brought saliva to his mouth. He had eaten plenty of ember mice before, why should this be any different?

Just as he was about to pounce, the mouse darted out from beneath his paws. Iwan cursed, earning a stern look from his mother, but his shame didn't last long. He suddenly saw the ember mouse glow brighter, and it shot a burst of energy towards Sobek. his brother barely had time to react. it hit him squarely in the chest, causing his pale green eyes to widen with shock before he collapsed.

Iwan felt his heart drop. In a surge of anger, he pounced on the mouse, successfully killing the large rodent this time, but he felt little satisfaction. Dropping his prey to be picked up later, he raced over to his brother. He was hardly moving. Their mother and father were over him, worry filling their eyes, while Viper began to examine the smaller mirror. This is all my fault. Iwan thought to himself, starting to breath heavily. It was only when Susan came up behind him that he remembered to do his breathing exercises.

Sobek's four eyes opened slowly, and looked up at their parents. He cracked open his mouth and a quiet noise could be heard. Everyone waited with baited breath, and then Iwan realized it was a song.

"I remember death so much it feels more like a memory." Sobek sang. "Is this where it gets me..." His voice grew louder with each word, until he was on his feet again, belting out the song as if nothing had happened.

"Yeah, he's okay. We get the point, you lump!" Iwan laughed, though despite his words, he was relieved Sobek was okay. He didn't know what he would do with himself if something happened to his brother.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Pinkerton, please, I beg of you, stop with the Coli. Will I constantly have to be fearing for my dragon's lives? I'd like at least a week before anyone else dies, thanks.

I had a few close calls with Sobek. I'm so thankful he's alright, I love writing him far too much.

I thought you guys might enjoy a new POV, and I thought it would be cool to explore the two brothers more deeply, because before they were just sort of there and just used to lighten the mood, but they are grown up now and I'm excited to make them deeper characters.

@Petall
that sounds like Iwan could really be guardian and his Charge is Sobek.
@Petall
that sounds like Iwan could really be guardian and his Charge is Sobek.
@zzzhorses

Very true! I was actually thinking about that as I was writing it. Although, in this case, Iwan's protectiveness comes around as a result of trauma instead of instinctual need to protect a charge.
@zzzhorses

Very true! I was actually thinking about that as I was writing it. Although, in this case, Iwan's protectiveness comes around as a result of trauma instead of instinctual need to protect a charge.
@Petall
ah. but what if he is transmuted into a guardian by the harpies or something and then realizes that is his true form?
@Petall
ah. but what if he is transmuted into a guardian by the harpies or something and then realizes that is his true form?
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 30 31