Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Light in Her Eyes [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20
[center][img]https://36.media.tumblr.com/f43c2443b08901bee713c05414a40b1e/tumblr_nyx7lwPOlQ1umun6fo2_400.png[/img][/center] [i]As the bright purple light came from that spiral, my world went dark and vanished. The well of my grief burst. Before my eyes lay not the newborns and a serthis, but my mate and a small nocturne. The purple hue that hung in the air was the same. The number of innocent lives lost was the same. Me… left standing, helpless in the aftermath. The same. Ella was a stunning dragon, and I never deserved her kindness, much less her affection. She’d send me clouds of mist that would fog up my eyes, which would freeze to snow in my surprise. Once, I tried to make her a sculpture… Alas, I was never good with my claws. What was supposed to be her visage reminded me more of a nochnyr, strange, patched together, and unnerving. In my frustration, I got both my horns stuck in the abomination, and had to wait for one of our clan mates to free me. Unfortunately, before rescue, Ella arrived. I had always questioned whether or not she had Foresight like her watery bretherin, but she would always tell me it made no matter. She laughed in my face, and I spoke to her bitterly until she could calm me down. I was stuck in the face of my failure, but at least I wasn’t alone. Alone is a feeling I’ve since become rather familiar with. Our clan was small, but affluent. As such, our coffers allowed Ella and me travel permissions. Of course, before that we had to conquer the Twisting Crescendo and let free our handmade kites. Mine was purple with a light blue tail, and hers a blinding white with a tail of the deepest blue. Clutching our kites in one pair of claws, and pearls in the other, we flew towards up and forwards, seeking the eye of the storm. When we finally reached the center, our ascent upwards was like a dream. Nearing the highest we could fly, I discovered the wonky shape of my kite. I knew it wouldn’t be able to fly. Noticing my trouble, Ella, madwoman that she was, asked me to dance. [/i]Dance? Here?![i] I shouted. She nodded and started to move in ways I had only studied, performing The Dance of Acceptance. She was intending to marry me. Clutching my pearl, I rode the winds the best I could, we both still winding steadily up towards our limits. Our dance was short, and debris started to fly into my eyes, but we were Bonded. Ella deftly grabbed my kite and worked it into hers, letting the joint kite fly towards the floating city. [/i]“Problem solved.”[i] she told me. The Shattered Plain, the Shifting Expanse, even down into the Sea of a Thousand Currents, our travels bore much fruit. We both were aspiring scholars, she with an interest in the earliest dragons, and I the dubious nature of the Shade. My work eventually brought us both to the Hewn City, where it was theorized that the most resilient strains of the defeated entity resided. Ella's sleep was disturbed, and I often woke up in the night to find her watching me intently with a far off stare. Weeks passed, and I started to feel a dryness in my throat, and Ella oft seemed lost in a distant world. How I should have noticed the signs and retreated. It was strange that we never came across any other dragons after we hit the field in the Hewn City. Occasionally helpful Longneck and a young, but rather small Serthis clan, sure, but no established dragons. The necklaces we wore began to look foreign; they may as well have been trinkets we found in the grime rather than the markings of respected clan members. When we did encounter a dragon though... Ella was ahead of me, lucid, when we both heard a long screech like a nocturne's. Up against a crumbled wall was indeed a small red and green nocturne, spots covering its wings and scales. It couldn't have been more than a few months old, and its pink eyes were bright an alert. He had said a small hello before continuing to scuffle along the wall. Without consulting my mate, I began to walk toward the small dragon, then she took to the sky and bowled me over. The nocturne screamed and a dark purple wave of... something engulfed us all. My insides scorched, and I barely spotted the small noctune clumsily taking flight, smashing headlong into the wall and rolling away. The the strangely dark light subsided, Ella was still with me, but only in body. Her eyes were wide open and her pearl was shattered. My burning in my scales intensified as my mind cleared enough to realize her passing. I don't know what I was thinking next. I had left her body where it lay, and started to run. Not fly, but run, pearl in one of my hind feet, dragging me down. A voice that sounded like mine told me to drop it, for what good is a soul when its other half has shattered? I hung on tighter and started to fly. I flew only as high as I dared, the burning in my scales growing hotter and hotter with every inch I gained. I eventually found the Halls of Home when my heart was screaming, my body numb, and my ears less ringing as they were hammering. I took my pearl in my claws and expelled out my mouth everything I had experienced. The mucous was like thick sludge, bubbling as it slithered out through my teeth. Smoothing it out best I could, something disturbing started to happen. My pearl was drying pink. I looked at my claws, my palms. Bright pink and purple. I scratched at my pearl, desperate to remove the taint, but it was unyielding. Running my claws through the dirt, a surefire way to remove dried lacquer from my claws, made no difference. My head felt like it was going to explode, and I fell unconscious. My denial caused me to hurt. To be awake was to hurt. I found the temporary camp Ella and I held when I could handle the pain. I brought my well worn wolf pelts and her depin hides back to the Halls of Home. The hides still held her scent. It helped the pain for a while, but eventually to lie on them only made it worse, like the most frigid air had blown directly into my nose. I never did find her body. And whether it be shame, duty, or the dark powers of the City itself, but I have not found myself able to stray too far away from this place. Months passed before I learned to work with the new energy within me. It surged when I did, and responded well to my bitterness and hatred, and in those early days, the hatred was the only thing to stop the hurt and the voices that did [u]not[/u] sound like mine. It feels good to not keep it hidden. Nonetheless, it, and the increase in my natural magic, need to be channeled, even if it means spending hours to myself. This task is proving more difficult now that there are more dragons in the Halls of Home. Adara... The Shining One. She glowed in the eyes I had made, and made my heart brighten the moment I saw her. The words poured out of my mouth and I... remembered a feeling I had not felt since before Ella's death. Penn. Now he was familiar. I need not tell you how the hatred flowed forth. In him was Pain and Hurt and Burning and Power and Death. Gabriel. Gabriel... When they slid off of His back... I thought to have saw the ghost of my world. They looked like Ella. They smelled like Ella. Gabriel was not Ella. A different kind of pain entered my heart. Regret. Loss. Loneliness. As Gabriel recovered, they looked less and less like Ella. The eyes I made saw something else too, something with four keen eyes... Which brings us back to the second spiral, Blaize. Daughter of The Light and The Bringer of Pain. When that bright purple flash happened, Penn bolted, and I saw an emotion I had only seen once past on his face: Terror. All the warmth was sapped out of me as the aftershocks, benign, waved through the air. All semblance of power I felt I had disappeared. It felt like the remnants of the first dark purple wave had left in sight of this new creation. Then it returned. Funny, how Blaize has started to show glowing scales like mine. What started out a soft purple has now turned into a blazing orange, looking to burst forth at any minute, unlike mine, which stayed the same colour and are like veins. I am quite unsure what the future holds, but at this point I can confidently say we are not the strongest beings in this place.[/i] Day 22: [item=green birdskull necklace] (Wild card: Writing) -------------- [color=800000]Well... this was a lot longer than expected. So there's Rastus! I originally was dead set on having him be from the Southern Icefeilds, and I will still say he IS, but I couldn't imagine Ella living there or in the Shifting Expanse, plus I didn't want ol Razmataz to be from a Light clan, so I got to use a bit of my Wind headcanons! @HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11
tumblr_nyx7lwPOlQ1umun6fo2_400.png
As the bright purple light came from that spiral, my world went dark and vanished. The well of my grief burst. Before my eyes lay not the newborns and a serthis, but my mate and a small nocturne. The purple hue that hung in the air was the same. The number of innocent lives lost was the same. Me… left standing, helpless in the aftermath. The same.

Ella was a stunning dragon, and I never deserved her kindness, much less her affection. She’d send me clouds of mist that would fog up my eyes, which would freeze to snow in my surprise. Once, I tried to make her a sculpture… Alas, I was never good with my claws. What was supposed to be her visage reminded me more of a nochnyr, strange, patched together, and unnerving. In my frustration, I got both my horns stuck in the abomination, and had to wait for one of our clan mates to free me. Unfortunately, before rescue, Ella arrived. I had always questioned whether or not she had Foresight like her watery bretherin, but she would always tell me it made no matter. She laughed in my face, and I spoke to her bitterly until she could calm me down. I was stuck in the face of my failure, but at least I wasn’t alone. Alone is a feeling I’ve since become rather familiar with.

Our clan was small, but affluent. As such, our coffers allowed Ella and me travel permissions. Of course, before that we had to conquer the Twisting Crescendo and let free our handmade kites. Mine was purple with a light blue tail, and hers a blinding white with a tail of the deepest blue. Clutching our kites in one pair of claws, and pearls in the other, we flew towards up and forwards, seeking the eye of the storm. When we finally reached the center, our ascent upwards was like a dream. Nearing the highest we could fly, I discovered the wonky shape of my kite. I knew it wouldn’t be able to fly. Noticing my trouble, Ella, madwoman that she was, asked me to dance.
Dance? Here?! I shouted. She nodded and started to move in ways I had only studied, performing The Dance of Acceptance. She was intending to marry me. Clutching my pearl, I rode the winds the best I could, we both still winding steadily up towards our limits. Our dance was short, and debris started to fly into my eyes, but we were Bonded. Ella deftly grabbed my kite and worked it into hers, letting the joint kite fly towards the floating city. “Problem solved.” she told me.

The Shattered Plain, the Shifting Expanse, even down into the Sea of a Thousand Currents, our travels bore much fruit. We both were aspiring scholars, she with an interest in the earliest dragons, and I the dubious nature of the Shade. My work eventually brought us both to the Hewn City, where it was theorized that the most resilient strains of the defeated entity resided. Ella's sleep was disturbed, and I often woke up in the night to find her watching me intently with a far off stare. Weeks passed, and I started to feel a dryness in my throat, and Ella oft seemed lost in a distant world. How I should have noticed the signs and retreated.

It was strange that we never came across any other dragons after we hit the field in the Hewn City. Occasionally helpful Longneck and a young, but rather small Serthis clan, sure, but no established dragons. The necklaces we wore began to look foreign; they may as well have been trinkets we found in the grime rather than the markings of respected clan members. When we did encounter a dragon though...

Ella was ahead of me, lucid, when we both heard a long screech like a nocturne's. Up against a crumbled wall was indeed a small red and green nocturne, spots covering its wings and scales. It couldn't have been more than a few months old, and its pink eyes were bright an alert. He had said a small hello before continuing to scuffle along the wall. Without consulting my mate, I began to walk toward the small dragon, then she took to the sky and bowled me over. The nocturne screamed and a dark purple wave of... something engulfed us all. My insides scorched, and I barely spotted the small noctune clumsily taking flight, smashing headlong into the wall and rolling away. The the strangely dark light subsided, Ella was still with me, but only in body. Her eyes were wide open and her pearl was shattered. My burning in my scales intensified as my mind cleared enough to realize her passing.

I don't know what I was thinking next. I had left her body where it lay, and started to run. Not fly, but run, pearl in one of my hind feet, dragging me down. A voice that sounded like mine told me to drop it, for what good is a soul when its other half has shattered? I hung on tighter and started to fly. I flew only as high as I dared, the burning in my scales growing hotter and hotter with every inch I gained. I eventually found the Halls of Home when my heart was screaming, my body numb, and my ears less ringing as they were hammering. I took my pearl in my claws and expelled out my mouth everything I had experienced. The mucous was like thick sludge, bubbling as it slithered out through my teeth. Smoothing it out best I could, something disturbing started to happen. My pearl was drying pink. I looked at my claws, my palms. Bright pink and purple. I scratched at my pearl, desperate to remove the taint, but it was unyielding. Running my claws through the dirt, a surefire way to remove dried lacquer from my claws, made no difference. My head felt like it was going to explode, and I fell unconscious.

My denial caused me to hurt. To be awake was to hurt. I found the temporary camp Ella and I held when I could handle the pain. I brought my well worn wolf pelts and her depin hides back to the Halls of Home. The hides still held her scent. It helped the pain for a while, but eventually to lie on them only made it worse, like the most frigid air had blown directly into my nose. I never did find her body. And whether it be shame, duty, or the dark powers of the City itself, but I have not found myself able to stray too far away from this place.

Months passed before I learned to work with the new energy within me. It surged when I did, and responded well to my bitterness and hatred, and in those early days, the hatred was the only thing to stop the hurt and the voices that did not sound like mine. It feels good to not keep it hidden. Nonetheless, it, and the increase in my natural magic, need to be channeled, even if it means spending hours to myself. This task is proving more difficult now that there are more dragons in the Halls of Home.

Adara... The Shining One. She glowed in the eyes I had made, and made my heart brighten the moment I saw her. The words poured out of my mouth and I... remembered a feeling I had not felt since before Ella's death.

Penn. Now he was familiar. I need not tell you how the hatred flowed forth. In him was Pain and Hurt and Burning and Power and Death.

Gabriel. Gabriel... When they slid off of His back... I thought to have saw the ghost of my world. They looked like Ella. They smelled like Ella. Gabriel was not Ella. A different kind of pain entered my heart. Regret. Loss. Loneliness. As Gabriel recovered, they looked less and less like Ella. The eyes I made saw something else too, something with four keen eyes...

Which brings us back to the second spiral, Blaize. Daughter of The Light and The Bringer of Pain. When that bright purple flash happened, Penn bolted, and I saw an emotion I had only seen once past on his face: Terror. All the warmth was sapped out of me as the aftershocks, benign, waved through the air. All semblance of power I felt I had disappeared. It felt like the remnants of the first dark purple wave had left in sight of this new creation. Then it returned.

Funny, how Blaize has started to show glowing scales like mine. What started out a soft purple has now turned into a blazing orange, looking to burst forth at any minute, unlike mine, which stayed the same colour and are like veins.

I am quite unsure what the future holds, but at this point I can confidently say we are not the strongest beings in this place.

Day 22:
Green Birdskull Necklace
(Wild card: Writing)
Well... this was a lot longer than expected. So there's Rastus! I originally was dead set on having him be from the Southern Icefeilds, and I will still say he IS, but I couldn't imagine Ella living there or in the Shifting Expanse, plus I didn't want ol Razmataz to be from a Light clan, so I got to use a bit of my Wind headcanons!

@HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11
tumblr_nwsrmeoR4W1sk2f1lo1_500.png
@Fitali there is no exact way or phrase to describe how happy and achy this update makes me feel. This is so good. Rastus, I feel for you, and I want to know more about you and hhhhhhh <3
@Fitali there is no exact way or phrase to describe how happy and achy this update makes me feel. This is so good. Rastus, I feel for you, and I want to know more about you and hhhhhhh <3
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo5_500.png
Day 23: [item=forgotten poet's tools] The image wouldn't leave my head for days, so I made up a really simple 18 second video. Please watch at 480 or better, I beg of you. I'm so DONE with my computer programs and dealing with transparent vs. non-trasparents and ugh. I honestly don't know what's up with Gabriel's bit, I was sure everything was the same size, but I guess not. If you see the eye color change at one point, then HO-RAY. Most of the time I have to full screen to see that though (and I do, because I made it to fit the beat and UGH PEARLCATCHER EYES SO SMALL). I freaking love this song in relation to this Pinkerlocke. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uyCv3llmA @HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11 (P.S. Thylacine may be the only tert I think works on Penn imo)
Day 23:
Forgotten Poet's Tools

The image wouldn't leave my head for days, so I made up a really simple 18 second video. Please watch at 480 or better, I beg of you. I'm so DONE with my computer programs and dealing with transparent vs. non-trasparents and ugh.

I honestly don't know what's up with Gabriel's bit, I was sure everything was the same size, but I guess not. If you see the eye color change at one point, then HO-RAY. Most of the time I have to full screen to see that though (and I do, because I made it to fit the beat and UGH PEARLCATCHER EYES SO SMALL). I freaking love this song in relation to this Pinkerlocke.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4uyCv3llmA

(P.S. Thylacine may be the only tert I think works on Penn imo)
Rastus, Penn, and Blaize had all left the lair by late afternoon, and Adara trusted that her daughter was in good claws one way or the other. For that matter, she had to trust one or both of the drakes could handle the little firebrand that was her progeny. Adara herself was sorting through the diminutive hoard, a slowly growing thing as the dragons could spend more and more time away from the lair. Still, supplies like potions needed to be rationed, as Rastus could only make so many. Gabriel sat nearby, working something with their claws. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i][size=1]Ma chérie…[/size] Adara? If I could borrow you for a moment?[/i] Adara trotted over to the pearlcatcher, somewhat relieved she had a reason to talk to Gabriel, whose faraway stare she still made her hesitant to approach on her own. In Gabriel’s hands, there seemed to be some sort of necklace. They continued to work as they spoke. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]You must have been quite loved in your old clan. That gold band is stunning.[/i] Gabriel said, smiling softly. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i] Oh. Uh. Maybe. My mom was a traveler and dad was a scout so… Maybe they expected me to stray sometimes.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]I think… the world ought to be a beautiful place, Adara. And it’s a real shame that this cursed place was your first taste of it. [u]When[/u] you get out, leave this city behind. Stray. If you want, of course.[/i] They twitched their whiskers uncomfortably, then met Adara’s eyes for a moment before looking down at their work again. [i]Anyway…[/i] Gabriel leaned forward and delicately began to fit and fasten their work around Adara’s neck. A strange warmth radiated from the points where their careful claws scraped her scales. She caught a whiff of something that smelled like home. She decided to hold her breath to avoid it. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Does that feel alright? It’s for Blaize, but you’re such a large spiral– I’m not hurting you, am I?[/i] Gabriel looked concerned, and attempted to quickly remove the makeshift necklace, snapping a central strand in the process. Old beads and a tiny birdskull fell to the floor. Adara curled her tail around the pieces, containing their scatter. Picking up the birdskull, she couldn’t help but grin. It looked exactly like the skull of her daughter’s first prey, down to the clumsy scratch on its beak. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Is this what I think it is?[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Yeah… I dug it up a few days after it was buried… It’s not weird, is it?[/i] Gabriel looked almost embarrassed. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]No! It’s fantastic! But why put in all this effort?[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]I thought it was obvious. She was born to our clan, right? She should be proud. [u]We[/u] should be proud.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Proud? Of what? Being lost here? Having lost a newborn? And since when were we a clan?![/i] Adara’s ears were burning for a different reason now. Gabriel looked crestfallen in the sudden shift in mood. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Adara… What do I have if not your company. Penn’s, Rastus’, Blaize’s too. A black piece of metal and this pearl? These things are borrowed, but my history will never leave me. No, What we have is each other. I know loss. All of us here know of loss. What is a clan but a collection of similar dragons? What we should be proud of is finding and keeping each other.[/i] Gabriel’s tone was soft, their voice quiet, as if talking only to themself. Braiding the threads the best they could, they pulled several long, silky strands from their mane and attempted to strengthen the line. Adara, blood still pounding in her ears, looked upon the pearlcatcher with curiosity. Their mane and tail looked nothing like the thick, short, and oily affair they had possessed before it had all fallen out. And to grow back so long so quickly… A questioned entered Adara’s head. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Gabriel… Where are you from?[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]The Beacon of Tsunami Flats.[/i] They replied smoothy. Upon seeing the look Adara gave them, they cocked their head. [i]Ai-je dit quelque chose d'étrange? Is there something the matter, Adara?“[/i] Before she could inquire further, an orange streak bowled into Adara. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d8fbb51a5b61901fc3e57f17dfde7e9b/tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.png[/img][i]Mom! [size=2]And Gabriel, you too, I guess…![/size] Check out what father and dad showed me today![/i] The excited Blaize leapt off of her mother and closed her eyes. The orange glow under her scales ebbed and pulsed, similar to a beating heart. Slowly, it started to fade, to the point where her scales held only the tiniest of a shimmer. In an explosive exhalation, Blaze snapped her eyes back open and began to breathe heavily, the normal state of her glow rebounding. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d8fbb51a5b61901fc3e57f17dfde7e9b/tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.png[/img][i]Huff... Father... I mean, Rastus... showed me that one! (puff)[/i] Blaize wriggled with pride. [i]He said that I did very good! But Dad showed me something too! I am very-- *cough* Oops! I mean... [color=c653c6] I am very proud of you, my darling.[/color] Ha! That one tickles my tongue! Sounds so weird...[/i] Adara stiffened. [i]No. Nonononononono! Not her too![/i] A violent urge started to prickle at the back of her mind, and urge that she dare not give a name. She thought she saw feathers to her left. Drawing in one long, deep breath, Adara spoke. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]You are [b]never[/b] to do that trick again.[/i] Blaize flattened her ears. [i]Do you understand, Blaize?[/i] The spotted spiral nodded, hurt in her large yellow eyes. Adara softened her tone a little and touched her daughter's forehead. [i]Hey, can you show me the thing Rastus taught you again? I thought it was really cool.[/i] [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d8fbb51a5b61901fc3e57f17dfde7e9b/tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.png[/img][i]... O-okay. [size=2]It kind of hurts though...[/i][/size] Gabriel put down the completed necklace near Adara and retreated farther into the lair, trusting Adara to present it to her daughter. This was no time to get involved in the spirals' matters. ~~~~~ Later, into the evening, the drakes returned. Penn was laden with food, one basket each of plants and insects, and one last basket with a few assorted snakes inside. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Thanks for the weaving, Rastus, it's a big help.[/i] He said, pushing the basket of plants towards the large pearlcatcher. A small collection of seaberries rested on top. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/6dd047b02fdb223fd7d0c78c04c2a57c/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo4_75sq.png[/img][i][size=2]you'rewelcome.[/size][/i] . . . [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Can I have a word alone with you, Penn? Now?[/i] Gabriel and Rastus cast Adara wary glances, while Penn shrugged and pushed the other two baskets towards Blaize, who immediately started to sift through the insects hungrily, paying no mind to the tension in the air. Alone outside the lair, Adara could barely contain a growl. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/88a96d3742678b6fac1884d4fbc3c681/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Just [u]what[/u] happened when you were alone with our daughter today?[/i] Penn appeared confused. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Not much, really. After Rastus left, Blaize wanted to play a game, so we played for a bit before I showed her how to walk quietly. Oh! She had a little hiccough in her magic and burned me a little when we were playing, but she apologized right away, and I told her how [color=#660066][b]proud[/b][/color] I was of her. I think we bonded a bit after that, but it's hard to remember what we said.[/i] A gray shape flashed through the trees before Adara could make a retort. Penn dug his claws into the ground, preparing for an attack. The shape didn't return. But Penn was not convinced. That night, the four adult dragons arranged a lookout schedule. Adara took the first shift, and her watch was mostly uneventful. Some time, when her watch was half over, she thought she heard a rock crumble, though she saw nothing disturb the night. Penn's shift came next. Just as Adara was drifting off to sleep, violent screeching pierced through the lair. Everyone, including young Blaize, ran prepared to investigate, assist, and in one case, kill. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Oh gods! Oh, mother! Ohhhhhhhhh LightweaverandIcewardencombined PLEASE! Let me gooooo![/i] Penn had pinned, beneath his claws, a young nocturne. It beat its pale blue wings helplessly as Penn growled, a trace of a smile on his lips. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]How dare you disturb the peace of my clan, you shadow! [color=#660066]Sneaking around in the nig[color=#660066]ht is a surefire way to be asking for trouble, as far as I'm concerned.[/i][/color] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]I swear, mister, I was only trying to find my way back to my mom![/i] The strange nocturne turned his head to look at the onlooking dragons, his face a picture of fear. [i]It's true! No matter where I look though, I keep passing by this place![/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/6dd047b02fdb223fd7d0c78c04c2a57c/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo4_75sq.png[/img][i]Let him up, Nocturne.[/i] Rastus forcefully exhaled through his nose, a dusting of frost sticking immediately to his whiskers. [i]A quarrel with this innocent one is yet another quarrel with me.[/i] Penn considered the purple drake's words for a moment before shifting his weight off of his captive, doing to tortuously slowly. Still shaking, the young nocturne backed up several paces before sitting down to look at the group, ready to flee at any moment. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d8fbb51a5b61901fc3e57f17dfde7e9b/tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.png[/img][i]Hi there! What's your name, you? I'm Blaize.[/i] Blaize, unable to contain herself, twinkled while speaking to the stranger. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/cd4fc7daed557931f945faf35df2fa6d/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo2_400.png[/img] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]My name is Stay.[/i] the nocturne said, shifting his gaze between Blaize and Rastus, who had thus far proven friendly. [img]https://40.media.tumblr.com/d8fbb51a5b61901fc3e57f17dfde7e9b/tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.png[/img][i]STAY? That's not a real na--[/i] Blaize was interrupted by Adara, who put a wing to her daughter's mouth. Stay seemed to brighten up a little. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Yup! Stay. Mom was always like "Stay, quiet!" "Stay, hidden!" "Stay, with your siblings!" She always gives commands like that.[/i] He picked at a small, crudely made bracelet around one of his wrists, securing a rough piece of some sort of blue gemstone. [i]I haven't been able to find her [b]anywhere[/b] though![/i] Stay shifted his weight nervously, clearly on pins and needles. [i]She said we had to keep moving, but I'm still here![/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]It is the dead of night, little snowflake, I don't imagine she and your kin will still be moving about this late. What would you say to resting your head under our roof for tonight?[/i] Gabriel looked to their clanmates, and all but Penn gave a small nod with permission. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]But if I can catch up--[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/2f8874da4a2632f71a4694711d0f5bef/tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]You have said yourself that you have passed by here several times, you must admit that you are lost.[/i] Rastus sighed knowingly, and Adara felt a wave of familiarity come over her. Penn frowned and relaxed his stance, drawing his tail around Blaize. Stay looked to all the dragons in turn. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]I guess... one night won't hurt too much.[/i] Day 24: [item=sanded cedar plank][item=green aviator scarf]Wildcard: New dragon. ---------- [i][color=800000]A double update today to make up for my absence-- I've actually been working on this one for the past 3 days OTL. With the addition of Stay, I have 2 Nocs, 2 spirals, and 2 PCs. I also have 3 males and 3 females if I include Gabe. 3 Underbellies, 3 basic terts. 2 Iridescent, 2 clown, 2 basic primaries. Stay therefore looks like he's going to bring a bit of balance to my ragtag group. I also have been through 2 food drops from the last time I updated levels, so Adara, Penn, Rastus, and Gabe (finally, Gabe took forever to catch up) are level 8, Blaize is level 5, and Stay is level 4.[/i] @HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11
Rastus, Penn, and Blaize had all left the lair by late afternoon, and Adara trusted that her daughter was in good claws one way or the other. For that matter, she had to trust one or both of the drakes could handle the little firebrand that was her progeny. Adara herself was sorting through the diminutive hoard, a slowly growing thing as the dragons could spend more and more time away from the lair. Still, supplies like potions needed to be rationed, as Rastus could only make so many.

Gabriel sat nearby, working something with their claws.

tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngMa chérie… Adara? If I could borrow you for a moment?

Adara trotted over to the pearlcatcher, somewhat relieved she had a reason to talk to Gabriel, whose faraway stare she still made her hesitant to approach on her own. In Gabriel’s hands, there seemed to be some sort of necklace. They continued to work as they spoke.

tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngYou must have been quite loved in your old clan. That gold band is stunning. Gabriel said, smiling softly.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.png Oh. Uh. Maybe. My mom was a traveler and dad was a scout so… Maybe they expected me to stray sometimes.
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngI think… the world ought to be a beautiful place, Adara. And it’s a real shame that this cursed place was your first taste of it. When you get out, leave this city behind. Stray. If you want, of course. They twitched their whiskers uncomfortably, then met Adara’s eyes for a moment before looking down at their work again. Anyway…

Gabriel leaned forward and delicately began to fit and fasten their work around Adara’s neck. A strange warmth radiated from the points where their careful claws scraped her scales. She caught a whiff of something that smelled like home. She decided to hold her breath to avoid it.

tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngDoes that feel alright? It’s for Blaize, but you’re such a large spiral– I’m not hurting you, am I?

Gabriel looked concerned, and attempted to quickly remove the makeshift necklace, snapping a central strand in the process. Old beads and a tiny birdskull fell to the floor. Adara curled her tail around the pieces, containing their scatter. Picking up the birdskull, she couldn’t help but grin. It looked exactly like the skull of her daughter’s first prey, down to the clumsy scratch on its beak.

tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngIs this what I think it is?
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngYeah… I dug it up a few days after it was buried… It’s not weird, is it? Gabriel looked almost embarrassed.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngNo! It’s fantastic! But why put in all this effort?
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngI thought it was obvious. She was born to our clan, right? She should be proud. We should be proud.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngProud? Of what? Being lost here? Having lost a newborn? And since when were we a clan?! Adara’s ears were burning for a different reason now. Gabriel looked crestfallen in the sudden shift in mood.
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngAdara… What do I have if not your company. Penn’s, Rastus’, Blaize’s too. A black piece of metal and this pearl? These things are borrowed, but my history will never leave me. No, What we have is each other. I know loss. All of us here know of loss. What is a clan but a collection of similar dragons? What we should be proud of is finding and keeping each other. Gabriel’s tone was soft, their voice quiet, as if talking only to themself. Braiding the threads the best they could, they pulled several long, silky strands from their mane and attempted to strengthen the line.

Adara, blood still pounding in her ears, looked upon the pearlcatcher with curiosity. Their mane and tail looked nothing like the thick, short, and oily affair they had possessed before it had all fallen out. And to grow back so long so quickly… A questioned entered Adara’s head.

tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngGabriel… Where are you from?
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngThe Beacon of Tsunami Flats. They replied smoothy. Upon seeing the look Adara gave them, they cocked their head. Ai-je dit quelque chose d'étrange? Is there something the matter, Adara?“

Before she could inquire further, an orange streak bowled into Adara.

tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.pngMom! And Gabriel, you too, I guess…! Check out what father and dad showed me today!

The excited Blaize leapt off of her mother and closed her eyes. The orange glow under her scales ebbed and pulsed, similar to a beating heart. Slowly, it started to fade, to the point where her scales held only the tiniest of a shimmer. In an explosive exhalation, Blaze snapped her eyes back open and began to breathe heavily, the normal state of her glow rebounding.
tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.pngHuff... Father... I mean, Rastus... showed me that one! (puff) Blaize wriggled with pride. He said that I did very good! But Dad showed me something too! I am very-- *cough* Oops! I mean... I am very proud of you, my darling. Ha! That one tickles my tongue! Sounds so weird...

Adara stiffened. No. Nonononononono! Not her too! A violent urge started to prickle at the back of her mind, and urge that she dare not give a name. She thought she saw feathers to her left. Drawing in one long, deep breath, Adara spoke.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngYou are never to do that trick again. Blaize flattened her ears. Do you understand, Blaize? The spotted spiral nodded, hurt in her large yellow eyes. Adara softened her tone a little and touched her daughter's forehead. Hey, can you show me the thing Rastus taught you again? I thought it was really cool.
tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.png... O-okay. It kind of hurts though...

Gabriel put down the completed necklace near Adara and retreated farther into the lair, trusting Adara to present it to her daughter. This was no time to get involved in the spirals' matters.

~~~~~

Later, into the evening, the drakes returned. Penn was laden with food, one basket each of plants and insects, and one last basket with a few assorted snakes inside.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngThanks for the weaving, Rastus, it's a big help. He said, pushing the basket of plants towards the large pearlcatcher. A small collection of seaberries rested on top.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo4_75sq.pngyou'rewelcome.

tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngCan I have a word alone with you, Penn? Now?

Gabriel and Rastus cast Adara wary glances, while Penn shrugged and pushed the other two baskets towards Blaize, who immediately started to sift through the insects hungrily, paying no mind to the tension in the air. Alone outside the lair, Adara could barely contain a growl.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo1_75sq.pngJust what happened when you were alone with our daughter today?
Penn appeared confused.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngNot much, really. After Rastus left, Blaize wanted to play a game, so we played for a bit before I showed her how to walk quietly. Oh! She had a little hiccough in her magic and burned me a little when we were playing, but she apologized right away, and I told her how proud I was of her. I think we bonded a bit after that, but it's hard to remember what we said.

A gray shape flashed through the trees before Adara could make a retort. Penn dug his claws into the ground, preparing for an attack. The shape didn't return.

But Penn was not convinced. That night, the four adult dragons arranged a lookout schedule. Adara took the first shift, and her watch was mostly uneventful. Some time, when her watch was half over, she thought she heard a rock crumble, though she saw nothing disturb the night. Penn's shift came next. Just as Adara was drifting off to sleep, violent screeching pierced through the lair. Everyone, including young Blaize, ran prepared to investigate, assist, and in one case, kill.

tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngOh gods! Oh, mother! Ohhhhhhhhh LightweaverandIcewardencombined PLEASE! Let me gooooo!

Penn had pinned, beneath his claws, a young nocturne. It beat its pale blue wings helplessly as Penn growled, a trace of a smile on his lips.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngHow dare you disturb the peace of my clan, you shadow! Sneaking around in the night is a surefire way to be asking for trouble, as far as I'm concerned.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngI swear, mister, I was only trying to find my way back to my mom! The strange nocturne turned his head to look at the onlooking dragons, his face a picture of fear. It's true! No matter where I look though, I keep passing by this place!
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo4_75sq.pngLet him up, Nocturne. Rastus forcefully exhaled through his nose, a dusting of frost sticking immediately to his whiskers. A quarrel with this innocent one is yet another quarrel with me.

Penn considered the purple drake's words for a moment before shifting his weight off of his captive, doing to tortuously slowly. Still shaking, the young nocturne backed up several paces before sitting down to look at the group, ready to flee at any moment.

tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.pngHi there! What's your name, you? I'm Blaize. Blaize, unable to contain herself, twinkled while speaking to the stranger.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo2_400.png
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngMy name is Stay. the nocturne said, shifting his gaze between Blaize and Rastus, who had thus far proven friendly.
tumblr_o0z8y2p6YK1umun6fo2_75sq.pngSTAY? That's not a real na-- Blaize was interrupted by Adara, who put a wing to her daughter's mouth. Stay seemed to brighten up a little.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngYup! Stay. Mom was always like "Stay, quiet!" "Stay, hidden!" "Stay, with your siblings!" She always gives commands like that. He picked at a small, crudely made bracelet around one of his wrists, securing a rough piece of some sort of blue gemstone. I haven't been able to find her anywhere though! Stay shifted his weight nervously, clearly on pins and needles. She said we had to keep moving, but I'm still here!
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngIt is the dead of night, little snowflake, I don't imagine she and your kin will still be moving about this late. What would you say to resting your head under our roof for tonight? Gabriel looked to their clanmates, and all but Penn gave a small nod with permission.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngBut if I can catch up--
tumblr_o04x6kqzRe1umun6fo1_75sq.pngYou have said yourself that you have passed by here several times, you must admit that you are lost.

Rastus sighed knowingly, and Adara felt a wave of familiarity come over her. Penn frowned and relaxed his stance, drawing his tail around Blaize. Stay looked to all the dragons in turn.

tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngI guess... one night won't hurt too much.

Day 24:
Sanded Cedar Plank Green Aviator Scarf Wildcard: New dragon.

A double update today to make up for my absence-- I've actually been working on this one for the past 3 days OTL. With the addition of Stay, I have 2 Nocs, 2 spirals, and 2 PCs. I also have 3 males and 3 females if I include Gabe. 3 Underbellies, 3 basic terts. 2 Iridescent, 2 clown, 2 basic primaries. Stay therefore looks like he's going to bring a bit of balance to my ragtag group. I also have been through 2 food drops from the last time I updated levels, so Adara, Penn, Rastus, and Gabe (finally, Gabe took forever to catch up) are level 8, Blaize is level 5, and Stay is level 4.

Stay felt beyond groggy, his vision blurred and his head aching. Stumbling around the unfamiliar lair, he poked his head into one of the rooms. 2 sleeping spirals, Blaize and... Adara...? He couldn't remember the name of the second one, it didn't matter anyway, it was his own mother he needed to find. Wandering around some more, he almost walked headlong into a meditating pearlcatcher, who paid him no mind, deep in his trance. Following a sudden scent of food brought him to the back of the lair, where 3 baskets sat near a meager pile of supplies. What was it he wanted to find? He wanted to find... some meat. Finding no meat in the first 2 baskets, he stuck his claws into the third and recoiled at the touch of rough scales. Snakes. It was him mother he wanted to find, not snakes. From the back of the main hall, everything looked strange; almost like there was not nearly enough substance to satisfy its original purpose, and the concept itself had started to forget what it was supposed to be. Stay had the sudden urge to fly through the hall, and he did. Silently gliding over the pearlcatcher's head, making a small circle around the hall, it all seemed too easy. He was looking for... The exit. He flattened his wings and glided smoothly into the narrow entrance tunnel, claws grazing the slanted earth before he touched all 4 of his feet to the ground and started to walk. He could hear voices up ahead. Were they friendly? "... not happy about this." "... really is dead ... don't care about..." "... You've got to get out of here before she kills you." "Me... kill you too?" "I think our conversation is no longer private." A large, orange pair of claws reached into the entryway and dragged Stay out into the open, scratching at his eyes before he could hear a great pair of wings beating and taking flight, apparently taking his attacker with them. A long moment of silence passed, and Stay could hardly see the blur of the second dragon standing beside him, doing absolutely nothing. Then, a great snarl erupted from nearby, as a third dragon burst into the scene. Stay could not make out the colour of either dragon and whimpered quietly, hands over his face. The snarling dragon seemed to be growing closer, and Stay could smell the unusually dusty smell of its breath. Vision clearing a little, he leapt to his feet only to stumble and fall into the other dragon, who still stood by and did nothing. He made another attempt to get to his feet, and this time pumped his wings in an attempt to escape the hot vapour he could now feel on his face. He had just begun to get airborne before the other dragon finally moved, grabbing his tail and yanking him to the ground before casting some sort of magic on his wings. The snarling dragon looked furious, its shoulders shaking. Though instead of rounding on him, the dragon leapt for the dragon that had pulled him out of the air. Their battle was short, and Stay was frozen in fear, his vision not getting any clearer. The magic casting dragon pinned the other down with a great huff and muttered "Enough with you." before the pinned dragon moved no more. Stay smelt blood. The casting dragon nonchalantly made its way over to Stay before knocking his legs out from under him and stepping on his tiny arms. Stay cried out in pain. "This is entirely for your own good, Stay." the dragon purred before Stay felt a thick, hot ooze crawl down his throat. Before his vision went black, he could make out one little detail: A pair of sympathetic, yellow eyes. ~~ Stay awoke with a cough, his vision sharp and clear. A dream? He thought about the yellow eyes he saw, now burning in his brain. Or were they some shade of blue? Day 25: [item=concentration] [size=2]Tails. Nothing Happens.[/size] --------------------------------------------------- [color=800000]Dang, Stay. Maybe one night will Hurt you after all. I hope I didn't worry any of you It's just a dream, after all... :) @HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11
Stay felt beyond groggy, his vision blurred and his head aching. Stumbling around the unfamiliar lair, he poked his head into one of the rooms. 2 sleeping spirals, Blaize and... Adara...? He couldn't remember the name of the second one, it didn't matter anyway, it was his own mother he needed to find. Wandering around some more, he almost walked headlong into a meditating pearlcatcher, who paid him no mind, deep in his trance.

Following a sudden scent of food brought him to the back of the lair, where 3 baskets sat near a meager pile of supplies. What was it he wanted to find? He wanted to find... some meat. Finding no meat in the first 2 baskets, he stuck his claws into the third and recoiled at the touch of rough scales. Snakes. It was him mother he wanted to find, not snakes.

From the back of the main hall, everything looked strange; almost like there was not nearly enough substance to satisfy its original purpose, and the concept itself had started to forget what it was supposed to be. Stay had the sudden urge to fly through the hall, and he did. Silently gliding over the pearlcatcher's head, making a small circle around the hall, it all seemed too easy. He was looking for...

The exit. He flattened his wings and glided smoothly into the narrow entrance tunnel, claws grazing the slanted earth before he touched all 4 of his feet to the ground and started to walk. He could hear voices up ahead. Were they friendly?

"... not happy about this."
"... really is dead ... don't care about..."
"... You've got to get out of here before she kills you."
"Me... kill you too?"
"I think our conversation is no longer private."

A large, orange pair of claws reached into the entryway and dragged Stay out into the open, scratching at his eyes before he could hear a great pair of wings beating and taking flight, apparently taking his attacker with them. A long moment of silence passed, and Stay could hardly see the blur of the second dragon standing beside him, doing absolutely nothing. Then, a great snarl erupted from nearby, as a third dragon burst into the scene. Stay could not make out the colour of either dragon and whimpered quietly, hands over his face. The snarling dragon seemed to be growing closer, and Stay could smell the unusually dusty smell of its breath. Vision clearing a little, he leapt to his feet only to stumble and fall into the other dragon, who still stood by and did nothing. He made another attempt to get to his feet, and this time pumped his wings in an attempt to escape the hot vapour he could now feel on his face. He had just begun to get airborne before the other dragon finally moved, grabbing his tail and yanking him to the ground before casting some sort of magic on his wings.

The snarling dragon looked furious, its shoulders shaking. Though instead of rounding on him, the dragon leapt for the dragon that had pulled him out of the air. Their battle was short, and Stay was frozen in fear, his vision not getting any clearer. The magic casting dragon pinned the other down with a great huff and muttered "Enough with you." before the pinned dragon moved no more. Stay smelt blood. The casting dragon nonchalantly made its way over to Stay before knocking his legs out from under him and stepping on his tiny arms. Stay cried out in pain.
"This is entirely for your own good, Stay." the dragon purred before Stay felt a thick, hot ooze crawl down his throat. Before his vision went black, he could make out one little detail: A pair of sympathetic, yellow eyes.

~~
Stay awoke with a cough, his vision sharp and clear. A dream? He thought about the yellow eyes he saw, now burning in his brain. Or were they some shade of blue?

Day 25:
Concentration
Tails. Nothing Happens.

Dang, Stay. Maybe one night will Hurt you after all. I hope I didn't worry any of you It's just a dream, after all... :)
@Fitali Stay should do the opposite of his name. But I love how he thinks he got his name. XD
@Fitali Stay should do the opposite of his name. But I love how he thinks he got his name. XD
NXwxhXo.png
“Hey. You. Wake up.” Stay rolled over on his back, head pounding. Rumen stuck to his eyes, and vision bleary, Stay’s stomach plummeted temporarily, fearing that he had really been blinded after all. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he realized that wasn’t the case, and saw Penn standing over him frowning. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Oh. Geez! Did I oversleep?! I’m so sorry, sir, I’ll leave right away! I just had trouble sleeping last night is all![/i] Stay scrabbled to his feet, bumping his head into one of the walls, intensifying the pain in his head. A long, pathetic whine escaped his mouth before he could stop it. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Calm down, kid. You’re in no rush. I just wanted to take a walk with you, that’s all.[/i] Stay stared in disbelief and the vibrant dragon in the dirty armor, and the spines down his back tingled. Just the night previous, this dragon had attacked him while he was wandering lost. Now he wants to go for a[i] friendly walk[/i] with him? Stay felt that the older nocturne more likely to lead him into the woods to be rid of him. Yet that was what he wanted, right? To leave and get to finding his mother? [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Come on. Stay? Was it? I’m sorry if I scared you last night, I want to make it up to you.[/i] Penn nudged Stay’s shoulder with his knuckles gently, and Stay blinked slowly in a sign of wary agreement. [i]We should probably get something to eat first.[/i] Penn showed Stay to the woven food baskets and picked out a snake. Stay recoiled and shook his head vehemently before picking out a couple beetles. Penn shrugged and took the small snake for himself. After their meal, Penn led the way out of the lair, weaving his way through the trees, bushes, and stone, looking over his shoulder every once in a while to make sure Stay was still following. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Where are we going?[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Shhh. We’re going somewhere we won’t be disturbed.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Why? Shouldn’t the others know where you are? Aren’t you their clan leader?[/i] The older nocturne paused, considering, before turning around proper to face Stay, looking inquiringly into his eyes. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]I’m flattered you think so, I try my best. But they– that is to say, we– don’t have a real leader.[/i] Penn touched his breastplate self-consciously. [i]Anyway, hard left here, you shouldn’t have much trouble.[/i] He murmured before disappearing into a a heap of red stone. Stay briefly considered fleeing, taking flight even, and just going far away… but something in his gut pulled him forward and through the pile of rubble, the spaces between less tunnel and more haphazard gaps. The narrow passage opened up to a large dip of land, the red stone forming a dome overhead. The weak sun filtered through holes in the structure, dappling the earth below with faintly purple lights. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Come and sit, Stay.[/i] Stay positioned himself close to the exit and Penn clawed at the ground nervously. [i]You should really get out of here, kid.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]But... you just invited me down here...[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Ha. Funny! But I mean out of here altogether, as far as possible away from the Halls of Home. The Hewn City altogether. There are... monsters around here... monsters that would love to prey on young dragons like you.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Do you mean the Serthis? I used to have 4 siblings, but a serthis took one of my big brothers. Mom said the serthis left here though...? I thought that meant this would make this area safer?[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Hmm. Why would your mother want to leave if the Serthis had already left? Do you know?[/i] The younger nocturne took a couple steps toward Penn. Why [u]would[/u] his family start to move after the Serthis left? [i]The monsters I'm talking about aren't Serthis, kid. They're worse. They don't hunt out of hunger or hatred. They hunt for fun and set many a traps to keep you in their sight. The monsters that live here won't kill you quickly, but their venom will burn your skin if you are attacked. There's no telling what these monsters will do; break your legs, turn your wings to stone... make you forget who you are...[/i] Penn paused, looking up towards a shaft of light. [i]You [b]really[/b] need to get out of here, Stay.[/i] A strange feeling crawled through Stay's mind, like these monsters were something he'd encountered before. Before he knew it, a low growl started to grow in his throat. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]If there are monsters here, I want to help you fight them.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Aren't you hearing me? You can't. Stay. Here.[/i] Penn said, exasperated. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Stay here? Alright, thanks. Now I just need to learn how to fight these monsters.[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]You know that's not what I meant! I can't in good conscience let you stick around here![/i] Penn shouted, exasperated. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]One lesson then, and then I'll leave. I promise. If there are monsters, and maybe even Serthis around, I want to learn how to fight![/i] Stay stepped closer to Penn, his pale eyes pleading. Penn in turn scuttled backwards. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]One. One lesson, and then you go, got it?[/i] [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/bb51b4ca3e4fda568caa67eb2f414870/tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.png[/img][i]Yes! Pleeeeease?[/i] Penn sighed, defeated. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/a7b738086dcd71412b55b3dccbc35a6e/tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.png[/img][i]Let me get Blaize, then. You two can be sparring partners.[/i] As the vibrant nocturne slithered out through the crack in the wall, Stay was left alone, but filled with anticipation. No way could the monsters get a hold of him after a lesson or two with that strong dragon Penn! Day 26: [item=clay] ------------------------------------------- [color=800000]Alpha, I couldn't agree with you more. Even Penn agrees with you. Sometimes I think Stay has the right idea. Other times I find him incredibly genre blind. There's really no excuse why this entry took so long, and as dangerous as it is to say, I'm going to try to get another update up before I go to bed. I drew a couple food items the last 2 days, plus an interesting drop. Going to do the food battles (as they're a plant and an insect) to determine whether or not we see this Penn + kids training session. @HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11 Update: Full disclosure, I totally killed Adara, then killed Rastus the next turn while I was watching Modern Family and fighting in the Delta. In a first battle in a chain. It was brutal. I'm not accepting this nonsense. While doing the last 13 fights with Penn, Blaize, and Stay, this happened too. [img]https://56.media.tumblr.com/284da9458d855e6d27b3b03a2dc023e5/tumblr_o1dq5kcJ0w1umun6fo1_540.png[/img] Ready to defend the little beebs. [/color][color=660066]They are our future, after all.[/color] [color=800000]Penn, Adara, Rastus are level 9, Stay and Blaize are level 6.
“Hey. You. Wake up.”
Stay rolled over on his back, head pounding. Rumen stuck to his eyes, and vision bleary, Stay’s stomach plummeted temporarily, fearing that he had really been blinded after all. Rubbing the sleep from his eyes, he realized that wasn’t the case, and saw Penn standing over him frowning.

tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngOh. Geez! Did I oversleep?! I’m so sorry, sir, I’ll leave right away! I just had trouble sleeping last night is all! Stay scrabbled to his feet, bumping his head into one of the walls, intensifying the pain in his head. A long, pathetic whine escaped his mouth before he could stop it.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngCalm down, kid. You’re in no rush. I just wanted to take a walk with you, that’s all.

Stay stared in disbelief and the vibrant dragon in the dirty armor, and the spines down his back tingled. Just the night previous, this dragon had attacked him while he was wandering lost. Now he wants to go for a friendly walk with him? Stay felt that the older nocturne more likely to lead him into the woods to be rid of him. Yet that was what he wanted, right? To leave and get to finding his mother?
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngCome on. Stay? Was it? I’m sorry if I scared you last night, I want to make it up to you. Penn nudged Stay’s shoulder with his knuckles gently, and Stay blinked slowly in a sign of wary agreement. We should probably get something to eat first.

Penn showed Stay to the woven food baskets and picked out a snake. Stay recoiled and shook his head vehemently before picking out a couple beetles. Penn shrugged and took the small snake for himself. After their meal, Penn led the way out of the lair, weaving his way through the trees, bushes, and stone, looking over his shoulder every once in a while to make sure Stay was still following.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngWhere are we going?
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngShhh. We’re going somewhere we won’t be disturbed.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngWhy? Shouldn’t the others know where you are? Aren’t you their clan leader?

The older nocturne paused, considering, before turning around proper to face Stay, looking inquiringly into his eyes.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngI’m flattered you think so, I try my best. But they– that is to say, we– don’t have a real leader. Penn touched his breastplate self-consciously. Anyway, hard left here, you shouldn’t have much trouble. He murmured before disappearing into a a heap of red stone.

Stay briefly considered fleeing, taking flight even, and just going far away… but something in his gut pulled him forward and through the pile of rubble, the spaces between less tunnel and more haphazard gaps. The narrow passage opened up to a large dip of land, the red stone forming a dome overhead. The weak sun filtered through holes in the structure, dappling the earth below with faintly purple lights.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngCome and sit, Stay. Stay positioned himself close to the exit and Penn clawed at the ground nervously. You should really get out of here, kid.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngBut... you just invited me down here...
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngHa. Funny! But I mean out of here altogether, as far as possible away from the Halls of Home. The Hewn City altogether. There are... monsters around here... monsters that would love to prey on young dragons like you.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngDo you mean the Serthis? I used to have 4 siblings, but a serthis took one of my big brothers. Mom said the serthis left here though...? I thought that meant this would make this area safer?
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngHmm. Why would your mother want to leave if the Serthis had already left? Do you know? The younger nocturne took a couple steps toward Penn. Why would his family start to move after the Serthis left? The monsters I'm talking about aren't Serthis, kid. They're worse. They don't hunt out of hunger or hatred. They hunt for fun and set many a traps to keep you in their sight. The monsters that live here won't kill you quickly, but their venom will burn your skin if you are attacked. There's no telling what these monsters will do; break your legs, turn your wings to stone... make you forget who you are... Penn paused, looking up towards a shaft of light. You really need to get out of here, Stay.

A strange feeling crawled through Stay's mind, like these monsters were something he'd encountered before. Before he knew it, a low growl started to grow in his throat.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngIf there are monsters here, I want to help you fight them.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngAren't you hearing me? You can't. Stay. Here. Penn said, exasperated.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngStay here? Alright, thanks. Now I just need to learn how to fight these monsters.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngYou know that's not what I meant! I can't in good conscience let you stick around here! Penn shouted, exasperated.
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngOne lesson then, and then I'll leave. I promise. If there are monsters, and maybe even Serthis around, I want to learn how to fight! Stay stepped closer to Penn, his pale eyes pleading. Penn in turn scuttled backwards.
tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngOne. One lesson, and then you go, got it?
tumblr_o0xaih5RrK1umun6fo1_75sq.pngYes! Pleeeeease?

Penn sighed, defeated.

tumblr_nzduq7LPZi1umun6fo3_75sq.pngLet me get Blaize, then. You two can be sparring partners.

As the vibrant nocturne slithered out through the crack in the wall, Stay was left alone, but filled with anticipation. No way could the monsters get a hold of him after a lesson or two with that strong dragon Penn!

Day 26:
Clay

Alpha, I couldn't agree with you more. Even Penn agrees with you.

Sometimes I think Stay has the right idea. Other times I find him incredibly genre blind. There's really no excuse why this entry took so long, and as dangerous as it is to say, I'm going to try to get another update up before I go to bed. I drew a couple food items the last 2 days, plus an interesting drop. Going to do the food battles (as they're a plant and an insect) to determine whether or not we see this Penn + kids training session.

Update: Full disclosure, I totally killed Adara, then killed Rastus the next turn while I was watching Modern Family and fighting in the Delta. In a first battle in a chain. It was brutal. I'm not accepting this nonsense. While doing the last 13 fights with Penn, Blaize, and Stay, this happened too.
tumblr_o1dq5kcJ0w1umun6fo1_540.png
Ready to defend the little beebs.
They are our future, after all.
Penn, Adara, Rastus are level 9, Stay and Blaize are level 6.
Day 27: [item=chimera relic] [img]http://i.imgur.com/k8KCVNE.png[/img] I'm drained and sick at the moment, and it just so happens that the fabulous @SilentWiccan finished this gift art today that makes me smile. EGG EATER. (Bless having that trinket stored) In another twist of fate, she's started her own Pinkerlocke today, so check it out if you want! She comes up with great story lines and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does. I am always impressed to read her stuff. @HuntingAlpha @DigDog @SpaceSnake @SilentWiccan @Mistycloud @Digimon11
Day 27:
Chimera Relic

k8KCVNE.png

I'm drained and sick at the moment, and it just so happens that the fabulous @SilentWiccan finished this gift art today that makes me smile. EGG EATER. (Bless having that trinket stored)

In another twist of fate, she's started her own Pinkerlocke today, so check it out if you want! She comes up with great story lines and I'm looking forward to seeing what she does. I am always impressed to read her stuff.

@Fitali [quote name="Fitali" date=2016-01-22 15:06:25] A strange feeling crawled through Stay's mind, like these monsters were something he'd encountered before. [/quote] *aggressive squinty face* Suspicion.
@Fitali
Fitali wrote on 2016-01-22:
A strange feeling crawled through Stay's mind, like these monsters were something he'd encountered before.
*aggressive squinty face* Suspicion.
NXwxhXo.png
@Fitali I love this. that my horrible lines have earned your approval :'D
@Fitali I love this. that my horrible lines have earned your approval :'D
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo5_500.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 19 20