Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Tired March (Pinkerlocke)
1 2
Tired March - A Pinkerlocke

Warning for mature and potentially triggering themes! This is heavily based on the struggles of mental illness, some of which are personal for me, and so while nothing graphic is written, it may be unsuitable or upsetting for viewers. Vague implications of suicide, but it's not written that way, rather more symbolic in their death to coliseum monsters. Regardless, please be careful if this type of content may affect you. My inbox is open if you need to talk.

An elder dragon, known by the name of Ribos, is said to have mastered the arcane arts at the price of having been touched by the shade itself. They take sadistic pleasure in toying with the lives of the less powerful, and so they have targeted a small band of dragons with a hefty curse, which worsens with time if ignored. Those touched by it are inflicted with mental agony, experiencing a turmoil of extreme emotions(manifested as the enemies of the coliseum), which they must battle tooth and nail in order not to succumb to and die.

The only way to lift this curse is to defeat the source- Ribos himself- and survive long enough afterwards that the curse lessens and grows easier to bear, so that life may feel peaceful for them once more. However this is a long journey they must venture on, through countless battles against their sadness, their anger, their fear and the temptation to give in to the curse.

It will take monumental strength to reach their desired ending.
Tired March - A Pinkerlocke

Warning for mature and potentially triggering themes! This is heavily based on the struggles of mental illness, some of which are personal for me, and so while nothing graphic is written, it may be unsuitable or upsetting for viewers. Vague implications of suicide, but it's not written that way, rather more symbolic in their death to coliseum monsters. Regardless, please be careful if this type of content may affect you. My inbox is open if you need to talk.

An elder dragon, known by the name of Ribos, is said to have mastered the arcane arts at the price of having been touched by the shade itself. They take sadistic pleasure in toying with the lives of the less powerful, and so they have targeted a small band of dragons with a hefty curse, which worsens with time if ignored. Those touched by it are inflicted with mental agony, experiencing a turmoil of extreme emotions(manifested as the enemies of the coliseum), which they must battle tooth and nail in order not to succumb to and die.

The only way to lift this curse is to defeat the source- Ribos himself- and survive long enough afterwards that the curse lessens and grows easier to bear, so that life may feel peaceful for them once more. However this is a long journey they must venture on, through countless battles against their sadness, their anger, their fear and the temptation to give in to the curse.

It will take monumental strength to reach their desired ending.
tumblr_nhznn1UPVx1r3ukbro1_250.pngtumblr_nhznn1UPVx1r3ukbro2_400.png
tumblr_nhznn1UPVx1r3ukbro3_250.pngtumblr_nhznn1UPVx1r3ukbro4_400.png
The unmodified Pinkerlocke rules can be found here.

My rules:*
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
  • Ribos is defeated when all surviving dragons hit level 20. They are considered to be healed of their curse at level 25, and may choose either to retire and enjoy their newfound happiness, or help the remaining afflicted. If no remaining dragons are at level 20+ however, Ribos recovers from their injuries and must be defeated once more by all surviving dragons. (He does not recover at the addition of new dragons by breeding or buying a new member, only by the deaths of those who defeated him.)
  • Dragons start with 2 pieces of apparel and may gain one at every 5 levels. Familiars will only be equipped if they've been obtained from the coliseum or from Pinkerton.
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. Battle count halved during festivals, personally busy days, and simply ones where I don't have the energy to do 40-50 if I were to roll a high battle count.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group and move down one tier**. If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

*My rules are modified fairly heavily, and are generally easier than normal in order to minimize death due to the nature of my lore. For the original rules, visit the original Pinkerlocke thread.
**Aka the medium mode of food rules of the original Pinkerlocke.
The unmodified Pinkerlocke rules can be found here.

My rules:*
  • A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
  • Ribos is defeated when all surviving dragons hit level 20. They are considered to be healed of their curse at level 25, and may choose either to retire and enjoy their newfound happiness, or help the remaining afflicted. If no remaining dragons are at level 20+ however, Ribos recovers from their injuries and must be defeated once more by all surviving dragons. (He does not recover at the addition of new dragons by breeding or buying a new member, only by the deaths of those who defeated him.)
  • Dragons start with 2 pieces of apparel and may gain one at every 5 levels. Familiars will only be equipped if they've been obtained from the coliseum or from Pinkerton.
  • And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above. Battle count halved during festivals, personally busy days, and simply ones where I don't have the energy to do 40-50 if I were to roll a high battle count.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-13) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.

Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: You must select coliseum challengers in your lair using a random number generator. Then, select the coliseum arena that corresponds to the highest level dragon of that group and move down one tier**. If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want a wiped-out dragon!

*My rules are modified fairly heavily, and are generally easier than normal in order to minimize death due to the nature of my lore. For the original rules, visit the original Pinkerlocke thread.
**Aka the medium mode of food rules of the original Pinkerlocke.
[center][color=darkorange][b]Currently fighting: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=15545808] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/155459/15545808_350.png[/img] [/url] Corva (Lvl 4) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13782097] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/137821/13782097_350.png[/img] [/url] Feretausu (Lvl 4) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=16845744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/168458/16845744_350.png[/img] [/url] Cometa (Lvl 4)
Currently fighting:

15545808_350.png

Corva (Lvl 4)

13782097_350.png

Feretausu (Lvl 4)

16845744_350.png

Cometa (Lvl 4)
Honored Dead:

No deaths currently.
Honored Dead: