Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [Nuzlocke] Slave Makers
Get back to work.

For the Ma-Rek clan, work had not been easy to come by. They battled away in the Coliseum, hoping to take wild creatures, find precious treasures, but they were never successful. They gave Baldwin nearly everything they owned, praying to Stormcatcher that they would be given the coveted blue sludge, but none came, only green. They grew tired of the snot coloured stuff, and quickly gave up on that.

The answer came to clan leader Lizhiao after many moons of being penniless. Dragon trafficking. Excited by the prospect of money at last, he shared his idea with the life-bond pairs of his clan, the ancient, the beautiful and the wise. After some consideration, the life-bond pairs agreed to his plan.

Remorselessly, Lizhiao put the youngest dragons in the clan into a deep sleep, they weren't worth anything, since they were ugly, without mates. Utterly worthless. He put them up for auction, they were bought so swiftly, that Lizhiao knew his decision was the right one.

With the profits made from the auction, Lizhiao himself went to market, searching for the perfect slave for himself. It took merely minutes, but Lizhiao found what he was looking for, a stunning young fae, a little darker in colour than he, but with fiery wings instead of his own inky obsidian. Unsullied by anything at that point, Polar was definitely the one. For a measely 9000 treasure, the fae exchanged claws, and that was it. Lizhiao snapped the bracelets of ownership on the youngling.
Get back to work.

For the Ma-Rek clan, work had not been easy to come by. They battled away in the Coliseum, hoping to take wild creatures, find precious treasures, but they were never successful. They gave Baldwin nearly everything they owned, praying to Stormcatcher that they would be given the coveted blue sludge, but none came, only green. They grew tired of the snot coloured stuff, and quickly gave up on that.

The answer came to clan leader Lizhiao after many moons of being penniless. Dragon trafficking. Excited by the prospect of money at last, he shared his idea with the life-bond pairs of his clan, the ancient, the beautiful and the wise. After some consideration, the life-bond pairs agreed to his plan.

Remorselessly, Lizhiao put the youngest dragons in the clan into a deep sleep, they weren't worth anything, since they were ugly, without mates. Utterly worthless. He put them up for auction, they were bought so swiftly, that Lizhiao knew his decision was the right one.

With the profits made from the auction, Lizhiao himself went to market, searching for the perfect slave for himself. It took merely minutes, but Lizhiao found what he was looking for, a stunning young fae, a little darker in colour than he, but with fiery wings instead of his own inky obsidian. Unsullied by anything at that point, Polar was definitely the one. For a measely 9000 treasure, the fae exchanged claws, and that was it. Lizhiao snapped the bracelets of ownership on the youngling.
2qkpb88.jpg

Ovipets: Lizhiao
FEEL FREE TO PLAY ALONG WITH ME, I'D LOVE LINKS TO YOUR OWN VERSION OF THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU TRY IT

Personalised Rules

Starting Point;
So since my challenge is about slavery rather than disease, I'm going to start off a little differently.

Make my slave quarters - done, I sold approximately 15 unpaired dragons this morning in the setup for this challenge, as described in the prologue above. I currently have 10 spaces in my lair for my slaves, and there should be a buffer, but since there aren't enough dragons in my lair, I can't move them to the last page. Sigh

Buy three starting dragons - I'm a little reticent to begin with three dragons, since I believe that's not in the spirit of the challenge, however after attempting a Coliseum battle with just my starting adult, it didn't work in the slightest, so I'm modifying this rule for my challenge.

All three of the starting dragons must be adults, must be Gen1, must not have any offspring, and must be triple basic.

Indenture Identification - done, for the purposes of identifying these dragons as the slaves, they must wear simple bracelets. I am contemplating adding more apparel.

Name and Stone - yep, scratch and shred given to dragons that need it, plus names.

I have now finished the setup for my Slavery challenge.
FEEL FREE TO PLAY ALONG WITH ME, I'D LOVE LINKS TO YOUR OWN VERSION OF THIS CHALLENGE IF YOU TRY IT

Personalised Rules

Starting Point;
So since my challenge is about slavery rather than disease, I'm going to start off a little differently.

Make my slave quarters - done, I sold approximately 15 unpaired dragons this morning in the setup for this challenge, as described in the prologue above. I currently have 10 spaces in my lair for my slaves, and there should be a buffer, but since there aren't enough dragons in my lair, I can't move them to the last page. Sigh

Buy three starting dragons - I'm a little reticent to begin with three dragons, since I believe that's not in the spirit of the challenge, however after attempting a Coliseum battle with just my starting adult, it didn't work in the slightest, so I'm modifying this rule for my challenge.

All three of the starting dragons must be adults, must be Gen1, must not have any offspring, and must be triple basic.

Indenture Identification - done, for the purposes of identifying these dragons as the slaves, they must wear simple bracelets. I am contemplating adding more apparel.

Name and Stone - yep, scratch and shred given to dragons that need it, plus names.

I have now finished the setup for my Slavery challenge.
2qkpb88.jpg

The First Three

Once all three of the starter dragons have received scratch and shred, they must be sent to the Coliseum.

Level the three up - all three dragons must reach level 25 without fainting. As per the original rules of the challenge, if it dies, it is exalted, and another one must be bought.

Once all three dragons have been leveled up -and you've payed your respects to those that did not make it- they must be gened up too.

Until all three starting dragons have all three genes, you may only train dragons to level 10. When all three of your starting dragons have all three genes, then you may begin training dragons more to level 25.

In order to purchase a new dragon to train, flip a coin.
Heads - congratulations, the masters are feeling kind, they go to market, and purchase a new dragon. It must be gen1, unbred, and triple basic.
Tails - unfortunate, but the masters do not want to spend more money on their property.

If tails, wait 2 hours and flip the coin again.

Training Up to Level 25
Once a new slave is trained to level 25, they must either be exalted, sold for 100k, or wait to be fully gened, and sold for an appropriate price.
The First Three

Once all three of the starter dragons have received scratch and shred, they must be sent to the Coliseum.

Level the three up - all three dragons must reach level 25 without fainting. As per the original rules of the challenge, if it dies, it is exalted, and another one must be bought.

Once all three dragons have been leveled up -and you've payed your respects to those that did not make it- they must be gened up too.

Until all three starting dragons have all three genes, you may only train dragons to level 10. When all three of your starting dragons have all three genes, then you may begin training dragons more to level 25.

In order to purchase a new dragon to train, flip a coin.
Heads - congratulations, the masters are feeling kind, they go to market, and purchase a new dragon. It must be gen1, unbred, and triple basic.
Tails - unfortunate, but the masters do not want to spend more money on their property.

If tails, wait 2 hours and flip the coin again.

Training Up to Level 25
Once a new slave is trained to level 25, they must either be exalted, sold for 100k, or wait to be fully gened, and sold for an appropriate price.
2qkpb88.jpg

[b]Casualties[/b] -3 Pearlcatchers -2 Mirrors -1 Ridgeback -1 Skydancer -1 Nocturne -1 Imperial [b]In Training[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=13449997] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/134500/13449997_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14460967] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/144610/14460967_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12838523] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/128386/12838523_350.png[/img] [/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14631660] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/146317/14631660_350.png[/img] [/url] (I'm kind of in shock that my starting dragons all have Fire secondaries!)
Casualties
-3 Pearlcatchers
-2 Mirrors
-1 Ridgeback
-1 Skydancer
-1 Nocturne
-1 Imperial

In Training

13449997_350.png

14460967_350.png

12838523_350.png

14631660_350.png

(I'm kind of in shock that my starting dragons all have Fire secondaries!)
2qkpb88.jpg

Graveyard
Graveyard
2qkpb88.jpg

Day 1

Shortly after Lizhiao sent Polar to the Coliseum to work, the fiery fae returned, limping and on the verge of death. It was then that the clan-leader realised that he was going to have to make a significant investment in beginning his business. Reluctantly, he returned to the Auction House and purchased another two dragons.

The three fae quickly progressed through the training field, and feeling cocky, decided to take on the woodland path, only to be beaten spectacularly. With their tails between their legs, they headed back to the training fields, to increase their strength a little. This time, as they approached the woodland path, they were a little hesitant. What if they still couldn't win?
Day 1

Shortly after Lizhiao sent Polar to the Coliseum to work, the fiery fae returned, limping and on the verge of death. It was then that the clan-leader realised that he was going to have to make a significant investment in beginning his business. Reluctantly, he returned to the Auction House and purchased another two dragons.

The three fae quickly progressed through the training field, and feeling cocky, decided to take on the woodland path, only to be beaten spectacularly. With their tails between their legs, they headed back to the training fields, to increase their strength a little. This time, as they approached the woodland path, they were a little hesitant. What if they still couldn't win?
2qkpb88.jpg

@Kaolu I feel like quite a bad person for saying this, but I'm terribly excited to find somebody else who's decided to interpret the dragon section of the AH as black-market dragon trafficking... That's almost exactly how I decided to interpret it in my own Nuzlocke, though my gimmick is horror genre and general creepiness, not slavery.

Do you have a pinglist, and if so, can I be put on it?
@Kaolu I feel like quite a bad person for saying this, but I'm terribly excited to find somebody else who's decided to interpret the dragon section of the AH as black-market dragon trafficking... That's almost exactly how I decided to interpret it in my own Nuzlocke, though my gimmick is horror genre and general creepiness, not slavery.

Do you have a pinglist, and if so, can I be put on it?
bH7MWqP.png
@Kaolu

What a great idea! I've always wanted to try a Nuzlocke, but I'm a big weenie and couldn't bear to get rid of all my dragons. I might try this version after I clear up some space!
@Kaolu

What a great idea! I've always wanted to try a Nuzlocke, but I'm a big weenie and couldn't bear to get rid of all my dragons. I might try this version after I clear up some space!
O_o I actually stopped the Nuzlocke portion of the story, since I don't really have the patience for it, so I'm basically thinking of making a clan story revolving around slavery o_O
O_o I actually stopped the Nuzlocke portion of the story, since I don't really have the patience for it, so I'm basically thinking of making a clan story revolving around slavery o_O
2qkpb88.jpg