Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Hardcore Nuzlocke Challenge - Story!
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 196 197
@Neige And they shall happen soon enough! :D

@Lyel Indeed. XD At least the other three aren't always bringing pets home, though. If they did, the lair would just be overloaded with familiars by now...

@Kizmetto Aw, thank you! :3
@Neige And they shall happen soon enough! :D

@Lyel Indeed. XD At least the other three aren't always bringing pets home, though. If they did, the lair would just be overloaded with familiars by now...

@Kizmetto Aw, thank you! :3
tumblr_inline_nj4elzHhMA1rud3n2.png
Banner made by dragonicmaster
@LagMonster
I just spent the last several hours reading through the entire thread (this must be the longest Nuzlocke I've seen!) and I may steal some overarching ideas (like how genes come in) for my own Nuzlocke. I love your writing. Please add me to your ping list when you get a chance.
@LagMonster
I just spent the last several hours reading through the entire thread (this must be the longest Nuzlocke I've seen!) and I may steal some overarching ideas (like how genes come in) for my own Nuzlocke. I love your writing. Please add me to your ping list when you get a chance.
@Survivors Certianly adding! :3 And glad to hear I can help inspire a few ideas! Would you please add me to your own ping list? I love reading fellow Nuzlockes!
@Survivors Certianly adding! :3 And glad to hear I can help inspire a few ideas! Would you please add me to your own ping list? I love reading fellow Nuzlockes!
[b]Follow the River[/b] We continue our travel northeast along the river. Traveling with the egg is easy enough; I keep it tucked against my chest and all of its little wiggling cannot free it from my grasp. Walking on three legs is odd, but not impossible, and easy to adjust to. Traveling with the bear? I’m still not certain how I feel about that… Sometimes I outpace it, and then I feel momentary guilt, wondering if I should be stopping and waiting for it. But other times I wonder if I shouldn’t walk faster? I don’t know what became of its previous clan - if they’re still in the area or not - and I don’t know if anyone might recognize it and take offense to me allowing it to tag-along. But either way, it seems any time I’ve lost sight of it, I pause for a brief hunting break, or lay down for a nap, and the next thing I know it’s there again. I can’t help but wonder if it has some sort of teleporting ability, as ridiculous as I know that may sound, but at the same time I also can’t help but puzzle about if it does this good of a job at staying this close to me, then how did it manage to get lost from its previous dragons? Did they leave it behind on purpose? At one point I awoke to find it with an offering of fish in its mouth, and at the rumble of my stomach it dropped the scaly meal to the ground and nudged it toward me. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of the saying ‘The quickest way to a mirror’s heart is through their stomach,’ and I’ll be honest, I may have just coined that saying myself, just now… but either way, after that one meal, I think I’ve made up my mind on allowing the creature a place at my side. Or, at the very least, a spot back near my flank where it plods slowly along behind me. My wings have recovered enough for use, but having resigned myself to the fact that I’m bringing a [i]bear[/i] home, of all things, I am still unable to use them as a swift way across the gap between Windsinger’s steppes and the burning lands of my own dear Flamecaller. It looks like we are forced to continue along to a place where the two lands meet after all, and by now I’m fretting to even try and imagine how Deesha and the others must be handling my disappearance. Deesha, most of all. I understand this ‘charge’ business is a fairly big deal for guardians, and I’d hate to think what she might do if she believes me truly lost… My thoughts are distracted by a particularly sharp wiggle from the egg, and I look down at it in confusion, wondering how such a leathery thing could have rough edges. The question is answered by a tiny claw sticking out through the shell, and I stop so suddenly that the great bear behind me nearly knocks me over at is blunders into me. I give it a hiss and a snap of my jaws before turning back to watch the small egg rock and hatch in my hands, momentarily enthralled by the display. I have been witness to so many eggs hatching these days, but none so tiny. This one almost seemed like a toy, hatching out some impossibly small dragon into the very palm of my hands. I sat back on my haunches, watching patiently as long minutes passed until the tiny fae fully emerged, shaking shell slick from her wings and blinking up at me with soft green eyes and tiny, wiggling frills. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7664871][img]https://31.media.tumblr.com/3b56e6df247ac3442f7ddd1e2b91f120/tumblr_inline_nfa2hfuIU71t2f6de.png[/img][/url] "Hello there, little one," I said with some amazement. She sneezed in response, giving tiny huffs as she crawled to the edge of my cupped hands and stared at the ground far below. Her small, white tail curled around one of my fingers as she attempted to stretch her little wings and stared back up at me. She squeaked with a sound just as monotone as Elysia’s, and I frowned down at her, trying to decipher her small body movements. I flicked the remainder of her shell away, clutched the little white thing to my chest and continued onward once more. Looks like it’s time to go digging for some bugs…
Follow the River

We continue our travel northeast along the river.

Traveling with the egg is easy enough; I keep it tucked against my chest and all of its little wiggling cannot free it from my grasp. Walking on three legs is odd, but not impossible, and easy to adjust to. Traveling with the bear? I’m still not certain how I feel about that…

Sometimes I outpace it, and then I feel momentary guilt, wondering if I should be stopping and waiting for it. But other times I wonder if I shouldn’t walk faster? I don’t know what became of its previous clan - if they’re still in the area or not - and I don’t know if anyone might recognize it and take offense to me allowing it to tag-along. But either way, it seems any time I’ve lost sight of it, I pause for a brief hunting break, or lay down for a nap, and the next thing I know it’s there again. I can’t help but wonder if it has some sort of teleporting ability, as ridiculous as I know that may sound, but at the same time I also can’t help but puzzle about if it does this good of a job at staying this close to me, then how did it manage to get lost from its previous dragons? Did they leave it behind on purpose?

At one point I awoke to find it with an offering of fish in its mouth, and at the rumble of my stomach it dropped the scaly meal to the ground and nudged it toward me. I don’t know if you’ve ever heard of the saying ‘The quickest way to a mirror’s heart is through their stomach,’ and I’ll be honest, I may have just coined that saying myself, just now… but either way, after that one meal, I think I’ve made up my mind on allowing the creature a place at my side. Or, at the very least, a spot back near my flank where it plods slowly along behind me.

My wings have recovered enough for use, but having resigned myself to the fact that I’m bringing a bear home, of all things, I am still unable to use them as a swift way across the gap between Windsinger’s steppes and the burning lands of my own dear Flamecaller. It looks like we are forced to continue along to a place where the two lands meet after all, and by now I’m fretting to even try and imagine how Deesha and the others must be handling my disappearance. Deesha, most of all. I understand this ‘charge’ business is a fairly big deal for guardians, and I’d hate to think what she might do if she believes me truly lost…

My thoughts are distracted by a particularly sharp wiggle from the egg, and I look down at it in confusion, wondering how such a leathery thing could have rough edges. The question is answered by a tiny claw sticking out through the shell, and I stop so suddenly that the great bear behind me nearly knocks me over at is blunders into me. I give it a hiss and a snap of my jaws before turning back to watch the small egg rock and hatch in my hands, momentarily enthralled by the display. I have been witness to so many eggs hatching these days, but none so tiny. This one almost seemed like a toy, hatching out some impossibly small dragon into the very palm of my hands. I sat back on my haunches, watching patiently as long minutes passed until the tiny fae fully emerged, shaking shell slick from her wings and blinking up at me with soft green eyes and tiny, wiggling frills.

tumblr_inline_nfa2hfuIU71t2f6de.png

"Hello there, little one," I said with some amazement. She sneezed in response, giving tiny huffs as she crawled to the edge of my cupped hands and stared at the ground far below. Her small, white tail curled around one of my fingers as she attempted to stretch her little wings and stared back up at me. She squeaked with a sound just as monotone as Elysia’s, and I frowned down at her, trying to decipher her small body movements. I flicked the remainder of her shell away, clutched the little white thing to my chest and continued onward once more.

Looks like it’s time to go digging for some bugs…
@LagMonster is that a reference to pets in games teleporting to keep up with you :3? also yay the egg has finally hatched in story gosh
@LagMonster is that a reference to pets in games teleporting to keep up with you :3? also yay the egg has finally hatched in story gosh
Professional Grump

I live for memes
@ArgenteaMoon It wasn't meant to be, but now that you mention it, it does seem a lot like that, yeah. XD If I fake it, perhaps people will think it was clever and intentional. >.>
@ArgenteaMoon It wasn't meant to be, but now that you mention it, it does seem a lot like that, yeah. XD If I fake it, perhaps people will think it was clever and intentional. >.>
@LagMonster hooray, it hatched, and Garr is okay!
If I were Deesha I'd have been either frantic or apoplectic with worry right now. Garr is going to really get it when he finally returns. I'm not sure if the Fae or the Bear will healp at all...
@LagMonster hooray, it hatched, and Garr is okay!
If I were Deesha I'd have been either frantic or apoplectic with worry right now. Garr is going to really get it when he finally returns. I'm not sure if the Fae or the Bear will healp at all...
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
Yay, cute little Fae~ I see she's grown up already, really beautiful! :3
Yay, cute little Fae~ I see she's grown up already, really beautiful! :3
natureh5.png
*trying desperatly to come up with something clever to say*
*trying desperatly to come up with something clever to say*
@LagMonster

She is so beautiful * v* I can't wait to see her all gened up! So beautiful.
@LagMonster

She is so beautiful * v* I can't wait to see her all gened up! So beautiful.
I am needing an art refund from:
Rapido: 516423 Treasure
Rapido will not respond to me. This is their tumbler as well. Do not order art from them.
[/center]
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 196 197