Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | A Poetry Major's Writing Shop (1k+)
1 2 3 4 5
Like many FR users, I hold great fondness for my dragons. I think about them daily, their lives, their personalities, their relationships, their day-to-day... So, because I can't draw, I write these stories down instead. Here are some examples: [indent][b]Kerauno's Character[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=809050] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/8091/809050_350.png[/img] [/url] He's got the legacy of storms in his spine, a central nervous system of action potential, shoulders back and princely. Rigid fins like crown and armor, the dignity of royalty. But the world is not half-dignified, a lesson his father fears Kerauno will learn the hard way. Delta, though, has faith, that the dignity will prevail; the world will not change him, he will change the world, like the lightning bolt that turns a desert to glass. [b]Westernia's Character (longer)[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=753139] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/7532/753139_350.png[/img] [/url] A trellis-frame of blooms, the overhanging tendrils that stirs with every passing breeze— she knows you're here. She's the fleshy petals, teething leaves, xylem and phloem rushing with royal purple blood. In her youth she learned weight. Learned that no matter how high you climb you've still got roots in the ground. It's why she can never really rise to the aloof heights of Ice dragons, a kept girl of gravity. There's something of a statue about her— yet at once, something soft. A sandcastle instead of a granite keep, adorned with salt-soaked leaves and sand dollars, an invitation for any child to come and pluck, to keep as a treasure on a bedside table. She's got the fierceness of Guardians, but it shelters a bleeding heart, and her familiar most [i]certainly[/i] judges her for it. [b]Palladius's Backstory and Relationship[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=459030] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/4591/459030_350.png[/img] [/url] Before he arrived [at the clan], he was a mess, mud-stained teeth and bloody gums, snarling for his children, his children. Tail frayed and horns rubbed raw. Give his children back. The Plaguebringer had brought, taking his daughter, and his son— Palladius will never forgive the Windsinger for this. Took a right turn straight out of his homeland. Delta found him clawing at boulders and took him home. It took years for his retorts to lose their snarl, their venom— enough years for him to build up a healthy amount of guilt towards other dragons in the lair, as much as they try to assure him it's fine (well, except Melphina, but she liked to milk things for all they're worth, so he figured she's over it). Delta... Delta he liked. A lot. Enough to swear his life away (again— there's a reason losing his first family hurt so much). Now he's got Vela and Kerauno, along with a bigger pack surrounding them like a big annoying hug, and the scars still ache on rainy days, sure, but nothing bleeds at the touch anymore.[/indent] Ultimately, I think I try to emulate the aura of majesty about dragons. As is probably obvious, my writing style is a lot flowery (I'm a poet, what can I do), and I love telling all kinds of stories. Specify as much as you want, as little as you want— happy or sad, first/second/third person POV, your headcanon, relationship of mated pairs... Sky's the limit. If you don't specify, I tend to write off of appearance, colors/genes, flight, and name meaning. (Fair warning.) [b]Price-wise,[/b] a short character description tends to be ~100 words, and I'd like to charge 1000t for that. Or stuff. I love stuff. Longer pieces upon request will be more, depending on length. If you're interested, ping me!
Like many FR users, I hold great fondness for my dragons. I think about them daily, their lives, their personalities, their relationships, their day-to-day...

So, because I can't draw, I write these stories down instead. Here are some examples:

Kerauno's Character

809050_350.png

He's got the legacy of storms in his spine, a central nervous system of action potential, shoulders back and princely. Rigid fins like crown and armor, the dignity of royalty. But the world is not half-dignified, a lesson his father fears Kerauno will learn the hard way. Delta, though, has faith, that the dignity will prevail; the world will not change him, he will change the world, like the lightning bolt that turns a desert to glass.

Westernia's Character (longer)

753139_350.png

A trellis-frame of blooms, the overhanging tendrils that stirs with every passing breeze— she knows you're here. She's the fleshy petals, teething leaves, xylem and phloem rushing with royal purple blood.

In her youth she learned weight. Learned that no matter how high you climb you've still got roots in the ground. It's why she can never really rise to the aloof heights of Ice dragons, a kept girl of gravity. There's something of a statue about her— yet at once, something soft. A sandcastle instead of a granite keep, adorned with salt-soaked leaves and sand dollars, an invitation for any child to come and pluck, to keep as a treasure on a bedside table. She's got the fierceness of Guardians, but it shelters a bleeding heart, and her familiar most certainly judges her for it.

Palladius's Backstory and Relationship

459030_350.png

Before he arrived [at the clan], he was a mess, mud-stained teeth and bloody gums, snarling for his children, his children. Tail frayed and horns rubbed raw. Give his children back. The Plaguebringer had brought, taking his daughter, and his son— Palladius will never forgive the Windsinger for this. Took a right turn straight out of his homeland. Delta found him clawing at boulders and took him home. It took years for his retorts to lose their snarl, their venom— enough years for him to build up a healthy amount of guilt towards other dragons in the lair, as much as they try to assure him it's fine (well, except Melphina, but she liked to milk things for all they're worth, so he figured she's over it). Delta... Delta he liked. A lot. Enough to swear his life away (again— there's a reason losing his first family hurt so much). Now he's got Vela and Kerauno, along with a bigger pack surrounding them like a big annoying hug, and the scars still ache on rainy days, sure, but nothing bleeds at the touch anymore.

Ultimately, I think I try to emulate the aura of majesty about dragons. As is probably obvious, my writing style is a lot flowery (I'm a poet, what can I do), and I love telling all kinds of stories. Specify as much as you want, as little as you want— happy or sad, first/second/third person POV, your headcanon, relationship of mated pairs... Sky's the limit.

If you don't specify, I tend to write off of appearance, colors/genes, flight, and name meaning. (Fair warning.)

Price-wise, a short character description tends to be ~100 words, and I'd like to charge 1000t for that. Or stuff. I love stuff. Longer pieces upon request will be more, depending on length.

If you're interested, ping me!
eFXnrYx.gif
Guys, this is a p cool idea! Dooo iiitt!
Guys, this is a p cool idea! Dooo iiitt!
sfVMa01.png gR1NGFM.png
bump! guys you know you want some :D

@Irrelevancy I would love it if you concocted a story about Saarni and Sapier, particularly about how they met each other ! It can be each of their perspectives on it or something c:

sending over treasuressss and you can expect me to be a regular customer ♫
bump! guys you know you want some :D

@Irrelevancy I would love it if you concocted a story about Saarni and Sapier, particularly about how they met each other ! It can be each of their perspectives on it or something c:

sending over treasuressss and you can expect me to be a regular customer ♫
480419f38gzdedqd.gif tumblr_inline_mv995rEUdj1qzt4nm.png
@Caustics You are a lovely human being. Any preference as to storyline? Your headcanon of their personalities? Otherwise I usually base mine off appearance and name.
@Caustics You are a lovely human being. Any preference as to storyline? Your headcanon of their personalities? Otherwise I usually base mine off appearance and name.
eFXnrYx.gif
@Irrelevancy you can interpret based on appearance c:
@Irrelevancy you can interpret based on appearance c:
480419f38gzdedqd.gif tumblr_inline_mv995rEUdj1qzt4nm.png
@irrelevancy Ello I would love it if you could do some of my dragons just pick whichever ones you fancy (that have a familiar) and I'll pay whatever seems fair to you :3 Random details about them include; they all live in an underground cavern in the dry dirt earth territory my progen gaurdian carved himself, after my progen creire left to serve his last days with his Earth god Demetri, Odiz, and Deidra have been quarreling over who shall lead now, Yoldu has taken up the expanding and general care for their home, Apples are a house favorite of everyone :3 Other than these things feel free to come up with anything else for backgrounds and such.
@irrelevancy Ello I would love it if you could do some of my dragons just pick whichever ones you fancy (that have a familiar) and I'll pay whatever seems fair to you :3 Random details about them include; they all live in an underground cavern in the dry dirt earth territory my progen gaurdian carved himself, after my progen creire left to serve his last days with his Earth god Demetri, Odiz, and Deidra have been quarreling over who shall lead now, Yoldu has taken up the expanding and general care for their home, Apples are a house favorite of everyone :3 Other than these things feel free to come up with anything else for backgrounds and such.
On the search for Shadow Primals!
vista_snapper1.pngearthanimsm_by_javen-d6bldqc.gifshadowanimsm_by_javen-d6bldqs.gifvista_bog1.png
Please ping if you need my attention!
I was going to commission you but then I went crazy and decided to save for rename scrolls to rename every dragon I own to something PJO related. Oops.

bUT AAAA I didn't have time to comment yesterday so here I am now. I think you know exactly how enamored I am w/ your writing. I'm gonna find someone to get you a cool banner (unless you mind uvu)
I was going to commission you but then I went crazy and decided to save for rename scrolls to rename every dragon I own to something PJO related. Oops.

bUT AAAA I didn't have time to comment yesterday so here I am now. I think you know exactly how enamored I am w/ your writing. I'm gonna find someone to get you a cool banner (unless you mind uvu)
npUP8G8.png

Liesmith
> dawning hatchery
> profile dragon

LxswJzX.png
@Irrelevancy

I'm definitely interested in a little story about Nyx and Odin if that's alright!
Just a little thing on perhaps how they met/founded the clan perhaps?
@Irrelevancy

I'm definitely interested in a little story about Nyx and Odin if that's alright!
Just a little thing on perhaps how they met/founded the clan perhaps?
@Caustics, alright, I churned out the character paragraphs for both of them last night, and I'll have the relationship parts later tonight. >:]

@Lilianth, you're next on my list! Your dragons have that rugged earthy look, it's wonderful. I'll be working on yours tonight!

@Liesmith, you are the best kind of crazy. A banner would be epic, and you'll have to teach me how to use it.

@Roxton, oooh, a Guardian/Imperial pair! That's got so much potential. Third on my To-Write list, I can't wait~

Yay, thank you all for the interest~
@Caustics, alright, I churned out the character paragraphs for both of them last night, and I'll have the relationship parts later tonight. >:]

@Lilianth, you're next on my list! Your dragons have that rugged earthy look, it's wonderful. I'll be working on yours tonight!

@Liesmith, you are the best kind of crazy. A banner would be epic, and you'll have to teach me how to use it.

@Roxton, oooh, a Guardian/Imperial pair! That's got so much potential. Third on my To-Write list, I can't wait~

Yay, thank you all for the interest~
eFXnrYx.gif
@Caustics, alright here we go [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=219744] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/2198/219744_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Saarni[/b] She’s the lone-standing tree after the forest burns, grandeur in her charcoal roots. The seraphs on her wings are birds of prey, eagles with soot-lined talons, flanking her, a goddess of [i]some[/i] idolatry— nature’s, perhaps. They nest and hunt by her feet. She is the ash without the fireplace, eyes burned bright and eyes burned gone, just pale white now— who says there can be no smoke without fire? Once long ago, in her alone-kingdom ([i]alone[/i] is different than [i]lonely[/i]; one’s got to be careful with words, y’know, in case one angers another one who has a temper like volcanoes), she needed no other. She still needs no other, but her kingdom is not-so-alone now, ever since she went foraging along the Reedcleft Ascent once, and brought home a Spiral in between clusters of bamboo. Sapier’s always had a funny way about him, his words slick and actions coy— but his [i]face[/i]. He’s got the big blue eyes that gave every game away. It had been the first time in a long while that Saarni had laughed so hard, for a moment as carefree as the Windsinger, her bouquet of bamboo whistling along to the newfound relationship. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=330050] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/3301/330050_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Sapier[/b] There is a specter here, and he whispers, [i]the forests have eyes[/i]. He’s the shot of paranoia under an unflipped rock, twined between bamboo shoots. At first his smile is humble, ducked under the brim of a practical hat; at second, his eyes disappear. This one has no poker face, see, his Spiral glee much too obvious in the devious glint of warm blue eyes, so he tucks his gaze away and lets his wings watch instead. Watch like moths at rest on branches or windowsills, every flutter and slither a ghost, every clawtip touching down a chaste kiss upon nature’s brow. This specter here is a gentleman, courting the earthy with dirt on his tail and a dusting of astral glee under the brim of his hat. Ever so often, he visits the Plateau and swims in the rushing tides between cliffs of the Ascent. One afternoon, as many of these love stories go, he catches glimpse of the most beautiful Pearlcatcher, and was suddenly seized by the urge to see her laugh. She had such a [i]mood[/i] about her, see— this gravitas that Sapier wanted to see levitated, even just for a moment (because she was lovely in her somberness, too). However, his jokes and tricks fell flat, and he was just getting frustrated when a wind carried off his hat in the middle of a riddle, and Saarni burst out laughing before the punchline. Her giggles were more captivating to his ears than any siren-song, wind-song, and that moment, Sapier swore allegiance to his charcoal queen and her rare, husky laugh of a winter fireplace’s warm, popping flames.
@Caustics, alright here we go

219744_350.png

Saarni

She’s the lone-standing tree after the forest burns, grandeur in her charcoal roots. The seraphs on her wings are birds of prey, eagles with soot-lined talons, flanking her, a goddess of some idolatry— nature’s, perhaps. They nest and hunt by her feet. She is the ash without the fireplace, eyes burned bright and eyes burned gone, just pale white now— who says there can be no smoke without fire?

Once long ago, in her alone-kingdom (alone is different than lonely; one’s got to be careful with words, y’know, in case one angers another one who has a temper like volcanoes), she needed no other. She still needs no other, but her kingdom is not-so-alone now, ever since she went foraging along the Reedcleft Ascent once, and brought home a Spiral in between clusters of bamboo.

Sapier’s always had a funny way about him, his words slick and actions coy— but his face. He’s got the big blue eyes that gave every game away. It had been the first time in a long while that Saarni had laughed so hard, for a moment as carefree as the Windsinger, her bouquet of bamboo whistling along to the newfound relationship.

330050_350.png

Sapier

There is a specter here, and he whispers, the forests have eyes. He’s the shot of paranoia under an unflipped rock, twined between bamboo shoots. At first his smile is humble, ducked under the brim of a practical hat; at second, his eyes disappear. This one has no poker face, see, his Spiral glee much too obvious in the devious glint of warm blue eyes, so he tucks his gaze away and lets his wings watch instead. Watch like moths at rest on branches or windowsills, every flutter and slither a ghost, every clawtip touching down a chaste kiss upon nature’s brow. This specter here is a gentleman, courting the earthy with dirt on his tail and a dusting of astral glee under the brim of his hat.

Ever so often, he visits the Plateau and swims in the rushing tides between cliffs of the Ascent. One afternoon, as many of these love stories go, he catches glimpse of the most beautiful Pearlcatcher, and was suddenly seized by the urge to see her laugh. She had such a mood about her, see— this gravitas that Sapier wanted to see levitated, even just for a moment (because she was lovely in her somberness, too). However, his jokes and tricks fell flat, and he was just getting frustrated when a wind carried off his hat in the middle of a riddle, and Saarni burst out laughing before the punchline. Her giggles were more captivating to his ears than any siren-song, wind-song, and that moment, Sapier swore allegiance to his charcoal queen and her rare, husky laugh of a winter fireplace’s warm, popping flames.
eFXnrYx.gif
1 2 3 4 5