Back

Art Sales

For commissions and flat-sale of your creative efforts.
TOPIC | Driftwood Lore Services [open]
1 2
[center][color=#106626][size=6]Welcome to Driftwood![/size][/color][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/498637/49863614_350.png[/img][/center] [center][color=#106626] As you enter, you are met by the shrewd and amused eyes of a dragon wrapped in the cloak of a wanderer. One who's been said to be the master of telling other's stories.[/color][/center] [center][color=#106626]"What can I do for you?"[/color][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [center][size=4]~~~~~[/size][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [size=3]Welcome to my shop! I write lore in both traditional and artistic formats. I can write both for clans and for individual dragons. I can also work with multiple dragons at a time in order to reflect relationships. Prices listed are for lore the length of the examples. If you would like something longer or more in-depth the price will be adjusted.[/size] [size=4]For the Mad Tea Party Push (August 11-17) I will be accepting leveled fodder as payment![/size] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [size=3] I offer discounts on "bulk" orders, in which you order lore for four or more dragons at one time.[/size] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [center][size=4]~~~~~[/size][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [center][color=#106626][size=4]Rules[/size][/color][/center] [size=3] -We will agree upon a price before any work is done and the writing will be delivered after it is paid -You may make small edits the writing, but may not use it for multiple dragons, claim as your own, sell to others, or transfer outside of a dragon and its lore being sold together. -I reserve the right to refuse any work (I doubt this will be a problem, but I must include this as a disclaimer)[/size]
Welcome to Driftwood!

jjj
49863614_350.png
As you enter, you are met by the shrewd and amused eyes of a dragon wrapped in the cloak of a wanderer. One who's been said to be the master of telling other's stories.
"What can I do for you?"

jjj
~~~~~

jjj
Welcome to my shop! I write lore in both traditional and artistic formats. I can write both for clans and for individual dragons. I can also work with multiple dragons at a time in order to reflect relationships.

Prices listed are for lore the length of the examples. If you would like something longer or more in-depth the price will be adjusted.

For the Mad Tea Party Push (August 11-17) I will be accepting leveled fodder as payment!

jjj
I offer discounts on "bulk" orders, in which you order lore for four or more dragons at one time.

jjj
~~~~~
jjj
Rules

-We will agree upon a price before any work is done and the writing will be delivered after it is paid
-You may make small edits the writing, but may not use it for multiple dragons, claim as your own, sell to others, or transfer outside of a dragon and its lore being sold together.
-I reserve the right to refuse any work (I doubt this will be a problem, but I must include this as a disclaimer)
e072ba50f4e0562645861ad6489fd252.png
[center][color=#106626][size=4]Artistic Depictions[/size][/color][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] Descriptions like the examples below are priced at 5kt/g [quote][center][color=#298012]A movement in the corner of the eye, gone by the time your gaze is turned toward it. Something is there. You know it. You can feel it. Panic rises. Where? [i]Where?[/i] Something touches you and you whirl. Then, a voice. A whisper in your ear. "Come to me."[/color][/center] [/quote] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [quote][center]Dirt clumped underneath claws. Nostrils filled with the smell of uprooted plants, trimmed branches, harvested leaves and fruit. This place feels deeply of peace. This place is peace. A stream of magic flows beneath the surface, fueling growth and serenity in all those near.[/center][/quote] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [quote][center][color=#507ba1]Stone cracked, worn from feet that stopped passing here centuries ago. There is an echo. It is in the bones of those long forgotten and those who live on, unknowing. Deep inside this dusty place is one who has not forgotten. One who has always, will always know.[/quote]
Artistic Depictions
jjj
Descriptions like the examples below are priced at 5kt/g
Quote:
A movement in the corner of the eye, gone by the time your gaze is turned toward it. Something is there. You know it. You can feel it. Panic rises. Where? Where? Something touches you and you whirl. Then, a voice. A whisper in your ear. "Come to me."
jjj
Quote:
Dirt clumped underneath claws. Nostrils filled with the smell of uprooted plants, trimmed branches, harvested leaves and fruit. This place feels deeply of peace. This place is peace. A stream of magic flows beneath the surface, fueling growth and serenity in all those near.
jjj
Quote:
Stone cracked, worn from feet that stopped passing here centuries ago. There is an echo. It is in the bones of those long forgotten and those who live on, unknowing. Deep inside this dusty place is one who has not forgotten. One who has always, will always know.
[center][color=#106626][size=4]Brief Lore[/size][/color][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] Descriptions like the examples below are priced at 10kt/g [quote][center][color=#298012][color=#298012] Some say that she was taken as an egg, hatched by a witch in the dark Tangled Wood. But this is preposterous. The feeling of dread, of cold, creeping fear that comes and goes with her is a coincidence. Her tendency toward silence and judgment is merely social discomfort. There is so much that you can dismiss about her, write off as your own superstition in order to delay facing the truth. But her eyes...oh gods, her eyes....[/color=#298012][/color][/center] [/quote] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [quote][center][color=#c99c3b] Despite how unique he'd seemed since hatching, Antiquity always knew that he couldn't be the only one. It was the only logical assumption. Surely there were others out there who knew the workings of metal and creation without effort, who needed only the most minor instruction before complete understanding. Antiquity had struggled with social interaction, with finding himself lost in his work and losing all track of time. He tried to invent some device to find others like him. It was the only talent he knew. After years of work he never expected it all to be void when he saw the beacon light.[/color][/center][/quote] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] [quote][center][color=#3383c4] Enna never stays in one place for long. He has no permanent place of residence, and he doesn't want one. With a drive to constantly move and no close family to speak of, Enna's weak dimensional sight went unnoticed for years, even by him. After he found Jade, alone in the Driftwood Drag, he found himself coming back to her between his trips. Even after more dragons came, after she got a mate and he was no longer worried for her, he found that he couldn't quite stay away from the growing clan. He almost felt like he belonged.[/color][/quote]
Brief Lore
jjj
Descriptions like the examples below are priced at 10kt/g
Quote:
Some say that she was taken as an egg, hatched by a witch in the dark Tangled Wood. But this is preposterous. The feeling of dread, of cold, creeping fear that comes and goes with her is a coincidence. Her tendency toward silence and judgment is merely social discomfort. There is so much that you can dismiss about her, write off as your own superstition in order to delay facing the truth. But her eyes...oh gods, her eyes....
jjj
Quote:
Despite how unique he'd seemed since hatching, Antiquity always knew that he couldn't be the only one. It was the only logical assumption. Surely there were others out there who knew the workings of metal and creation without effort, who needed only the most minor instruction before complete understanding. Antiquity had struggled with social interaction, with finding himself lost in his work and losing all track of time. He tried to invent some device to find others like him. It was the only talent he knew. After years of work he never expected it all to be void when he saw the beacon light.
jjj
Quote:
Enna never stays in one place for long. He has no permanent place of residence, and he doesn't want one. With a drive to constantly move and no close family to speak of, Enna's weak dimensional sight went unnoticed for years, even by him. After he found Jade, alone in the Driftwood Drag, he found himself coming back to her between his trips. Even after more dragons came, after she got a mate and he was no longer worried for her, he found that he couldn't quite stay away from the growing clan. He almost felt like he belonged.
[center][color=#106626][size=4]Combination[/size][/color][/center] [color=transparent]jjj[/color] This is how I write my own lore, which is a combination of both a mood-setting artistic depiction and a brief lore blurb. Descriptions like the one below are priced at 15kt/g [quote][center][center][color=#4036cc]An exhale, icy to the touch, sends images dancing across the breeze. They clash, mingle, tear themselves apart. They seem so real, as though all one must do to be part of their tale is lean forward and reach.[/color][/center] [color=transparent]jj[/color] [center][color=#352dab][size=5][i]Boreal[/i][/size][/color][/center] [center][color=#352dab][size=3][i]The Frosted Storyteller[/i][/size][/color][/center] [color=#4036cc] Hatched into a nomadic clan, Boreal seemed born with a talent for tales. On her silver tongue, even common stories seemed to come to life and take on a new depth. Boreal had always seen stories in a way differently from the rest of her clan, though it was only years into her adulthood that she realized why that was, why her frosted breath could take any shape she wished and finally help others see the way she did. In seeking the answer, she became one of the first to respond to the beacon. It had been hard to leave her family, not knowing what this light was or why she felt the intense need to follow it. But at least, she told herself, it would make a good story.[/color][/center] [/quote]
Combination
jjj
This is how I write my own lore, which is a combination of both a mood-setting artistic depiction and a brief lore blurb. Descriptions like the one below are priced at 15kt/g
Quote:
An exhale, icy to the touch, sends images dancing across the breeze. They clash, mingle, tear themselves apart. They seem so real, as though all one must do to be part of their tale is lean forward and reach.
jj
Boreal
The Frosted Storyteller
Hatched into a nomadic clan, Boreal seemed born with a talent for tales. On her silver tongue, even common stories seemed to come to life and take on a new depth. Boreal had always seen stories in a way differently from the rest of her clan, though it was only years into her adulthood that she realized why that was, why her frosted breath could take any shape she wished and finally help others see the way she did. In seeking the answer, she became one of the first to respond to the beacon. It had been hard to leave her family, not knowing what this light was or why she felt the intense need to follow it. But at least, she told herself, it would make a good story.
[center][color=#106626][size=5]How to Order[/size][/color][/center] [size=3] If you would like to order from my shop, please comment on this thread in the following form, and I will contact you for additional information and any price adjustments that may need to be made, including discounts or additions.[/size] [quote][center]Username: ID: Link to dragon(s) if applicable: Style of lore that you would like: Brief explanation of what you would like done (I will contact you for full details):[/quote]
How to Order
If you would like to order from my shop, please comment on this thread in the following form, and I will contact you for additional information and any price adjustments that may need to be made, including discounts or additions.
Quote:
Username:
ID:
Link to dragon(s) if applicable:
Style of lore that you would like:
Brief explanation of what you would like done (I will contact you for full details):
@Caitninja Hey! I really like your writing style in your examples but I have a question: Would you do longer lore (~300 words) for 5 dragons? :0
@Caitninja Hey! I really like your writing style in your examples but I have a question: Would you do longer lore (~300 words) for 5 dragons? :0
@Equive Of course! The price will be adjusted for the additional length, if that's acceptable to you.
@Equive Of course! The price will be adjusted for the additional length, if that's acceptable to you.
Awesome & that's totally fine with me!

Username: Equive
ID: 110404
Link to dragon(s) if applicable: All 5 dragons in this tab http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/110404/1483453/2
Style of lore that you would like: Brief lore (~300 words)
Brief explanation of what you would like done (I will contact you for full details): Something descriptive I can put in each dragons bio. They're all delivery dragons of different kinds working for a mail order company (here's the clans lore). I have a few ideas for most of them that you can find in the bios (it's not much and besides that everything that works with the lore would be awesome! So just go wild, have fun <:)

Eithne is a bit gore-y as she has a chronic illness, if you'd rather not write something like that feel free to skip her <:
Awesome & that's totally fine with me!

Username: Equive
ID: 110404
Link to dragon(s) if applicable: All 5 dragons in this tab http://www1.flightrising.com/lair/110404/1483453/2
Style of lore that you would like: Brief lore (~300 words)
Brief explanation of what you would like done (I will contact you for full details): Something descriptive I can put in each dragons bio. They're all delivery dragons of different kinds working for a mail order company (here's the clans lore). I have a few ideas for most of them that you can find in the bios (it's not much and besides that everything that works with the lore would be awesome! So just go wild, have fun <:)

Eithne is a bit gore-y as she has a chronic illness, if you'd rather not write something like that feel free to skip her <:
Hey there! could you write something about my dragon Mistletoe? I love her a lot and I think its time for her to get some lore! Thanks! [b]Username:[/b] flowerpower12345 [b]ID:[/b]342020 [b]Link to dragon(s) if applicable[/b]: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38829020] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/388291/38829020_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Style of lore that you would like:[/b] Brief Lore [b]Brief explanation of what you would like done (I will contact you for full details): [/b]Mistletoe is the mother figure of the clan, She also hosts and plans parties and celebrations for fun
Hey there! could you write something about my dragon Mistletoe? I love her a lot and I think its time for her to get some lore!
Thanks!

Username: flowerpower12345
ID:342020
Link to dragon(s) if applicable:
38829020_350.png

Style of lore that you would like: Brief Lore
Brief explanation of what you would like done (I will contact you for full details): Mistletoe is the mother figure of the clan, She also hosts and plans parties and celebrations for fun
piVWE.gif
@Equive Chronic illness isn't an issue for me considering I'm chronically ill lol. Are you comfortable with me dm-ing you for more information?

@flowerpower12345 That sounds fun! Would you be comfortable with me dm-ing you for more information?
@Equive Chronic illness isn't an issue for me considering I'm chronically ill lol. Are you comfortable with me dm-ing you for more information?

@flowerpower12345 That sounds fun! Would you be comfortable with me dm-ing you for more information?
1 2