Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR 2020] Explore the Scarred Wasteland
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:Miko [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=shadow rune size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Food (I/M/S/P)/Materials/Apparel/Familiars/Other
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:Miko
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Food (I/M/S/P)/Materials/Apparel/Familiars/Other
UYR6vpC.png1YhCyjf.pnga129Nss.pngv2PJF9u.pngACOZFAh.pngRDt6LqI.pngLRdLP2V.png
Wishlist
Prizes from 10/29 (Gonna try something different for today, just to make it special ^^) ----- [columns]@MotherOfBeardies[nextcol][center][item=forest rogue footpads] [/center][nextcol][color=transparent]a[/color][nextcol]He walked slowly through the Wandering Contagion, a bit aimless, maybe, but enjoying the journey. It wasn't very often that he was surprised, but suddenly stepping on something that wasn't soil was cause for intrigue. Lifting up his foot revealed two dark green socks, messy from being mushed into the ground. They seemed to match his gloves rather nicely.. perhaps he could see if they fit after a wash. Or three. Finder's keepers, but you don't know what might come with abandoned socks in this land.[/columns] [columns]As Turadh travels near the edge of the Wyrmwound, he stumbles across an abandoned mining camp. Whatever they were trying to bring up was long gone, probably taken with this place's last residents, but it seems they left most of their tools behind in a wooden crate. Who knows what chased the miners away, but why question it when these could come in handy with his profession? Just don't think about the flecks of dried blood on the very sharp tips.[nextcol][item=pickaxe] [center]x25[/center][nextcol]@Joule[/columns] [columns]@Wildclaw101[nextcol][center][item=grouse basilisk] [/center][nextcol]Why did the Grouse Basilisk cross the road? To see what was going on with the grumpy-looking Imperial. It trotted up alongside the dragon, tilting its head at the pile of things Myrddin had gathered, then looked up at Jade and bawked curiously. Seems this little feathered friend wanted to come along. Or maybe it was just incredibly lost and confused. The other side of the road [i]is[/i] completely new territory.[/columns] [columns]Hela was feeling a little lost, knowing she'd have to leave the Scarred Wasteland soon and return to her clan in Starfall Isles. It was a bittersweet goodbye, but she hoped she could return again next year- what was this? A little moth fluttered up and landed on the end of her snout, wiggling its antennae at her. It was a similar shade of light gold to her own coloring, and this one even seemed to be Plague-touched, bearing multiple eyes. A small swarm of them then landed on other places, curiously inspecting the shiny dragon. Maybe she wouldn't be entirely alone when she finally went home.[nextcol][item=golden coa moth] [center]x17[/center][nextcol]@chamilet[/columns] [columns]@FinalFlight[nextcol][center][item=burnished filigree tail guard] [/center][nextcol][color=transparent]a[/color][nextcol]The ravenous creature managed to evade being captured by the honorous knight, disappearing into the dark. Disgruntled, but at least content that he chased it off, he slowly marched back to the grisly scene, perhaps feeling a bit foolish that he had not been able to provide help in time. Before he reached the area however, his claws clinked against something in the soil. Difficult to see in the darkness, he cautiously lifted it up to get a better look in the moonlight. It was a lone tailguard, a bit dusty, but still quite sturdy. A knight needs armor, and this would do.[/columns] ----- Please allow up to 24 hours for your prizes to be distributed, and thank you for playing!
Prizes from 10/29 (Gonna try something different for today, just to make it special ^^)
@MotherOfBeardies
Forest Rogue Footpads
a He walked slowly through the Wandering Contagion, a bit aimless, maybe, but enjoying the journey. It wasn't very often that he was surprised, but suddenly stepping on something that wasn't soil was cause for intrigue. Lifting up his foot revealed two dark green socks, messy from being mushed into the ground. They seemed to match his gloves rather nicely.. perhaps he could see if they fit after a wash. Or three. Finder's keepers, but you don't know what might come with abandoned socks in this land.

As Turadh travels near the edge of the Wyrmwound, he stumbles across an abandoned mining camp. Whatever they were trying to bring up was long gone, probably taken with this place's last residents, but it seems they left most of their tools behind in a wooden crate. Who knows what chased the miners away, but why question it when these could come in handy with his profession? Just don't think about the flecks of dried blood on the very sharp tips. Pickaxe
x25
@Joule

@Wildclaw101
Grouse Basilisk
Why did the Grouse Basilisk cross the road? To see what was going on with the grumpy-looking Imperial. It trotted up alongside the dragon, tilting its head at the pile of things Myrddin had gathered, then looked up at Jade and bawked curiously. Seems this little feathered friend wanted to come along. Or maybe it was just incredibly lost and confused. The other side of the road is completely new territory.

Hela was feeling a little lost, knowing she'd have to leave the Scarred Wasteland soon and return to her clan in Starfall Isles. It was a bittersweet goodbye, but she hoped she could return again next year- what was this? A little moth fluttered up and landed on the end of her snout, wiggling its antennae at her. It was a similar shade of light gold to her own coloring, and this one even seemed to be Plague-touched, bearing multiple eyes. A small swarm of them then landed on other places, curiously inspecting the shiny dragon. Maybe she wouldn't be entirely alone when she finally went home. Golden Coa Moth
x17
@chamilet

@FinalFlight
Burnished Filigree Tail Guard
a The ravenous creature managed to evade being captured by the honorous knight, disappearing into the dark. Disgruntled, but at least content that he chased it off, he slowly marched back to the grisly scene, perhaps feeling a bit foolish that he had not been able to provide help in time. Before he reached the area however, his claws clinked against something in the soil. Difficult to see in the darkness, he cautiously lifted it up to get a better look in the moonlight. It was a lone tailguard, a bit dusty, but still quite sturdy. A knight needs armor, and this would do.

Please allow up to 24 hours for your prizes to be distributed, and thank you for playing!
Sy4AUMs.png R9hICic.png
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:Obsorin [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=red gem size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]:Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Making one last push, Obsorin and her crew head into the deepest part of the wastes. This is the last day of scavenging before they must turn around. Obsorin throws what little bit of caution she had into the wind, choosing speed over stealth this final day. She upturns rocks and bones, climbs pillars and structures, and splashes in every pool she finds.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:Obsorin
My map marker is:
I am searching for:Apparel

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: No
My RP post: Making one last push, Obsorin and her crew head into the deepest part of the wastes. This is the last day of scavenging before they must turn around. Obsorin throws what little bit of caution she had into the wind, choosing speed over stealth this final day. She upturns rocks and bones, climbs pillars and structures, and splashes in every pool she finds.
Pixel art of a nocturne. The nocturne has a black body and red wings and is covered in red and gold jewelry. There is an animated fire aura on top of the dragon that bounces up and down
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Paladina [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=cat 3 size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Paladina is sad that these are the last twenty-four hours of the Riot of Rot festival. It has been a very busy week for her, but also immensely enjoyable. And still she's excited and happy to be going back home and see her family again. She's especially diligent today, examining every little thing to make sure she isn't missing anything.

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Paladina
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:
Paladina is sad that these are the last twenty-four hours of the Riot of Rot festival. It has been a very busy week for her, but also immensely enjoyable. And still she's excited and happy to be going back home and see her family again.

She's especially diligent today, examining every little thing to make sure she isn't missing anything.
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Killarney [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=heart size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Killarney packs up, and even though the festivities are not at an end yet, he slowly moves into the direction of home. Nothing bad has happened to him in the two weeks he spent here, so he doesn't think anything will happen now. Surely not on his last day. As far as he is concerned, surviving in these lands isn't such an impossible thing to do if you can rely on your friends, and friendly random strangers. His destination was exploring but maybe the way was the destination all along.

pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Killarney
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel

Optional for RPers:
My RP post:
Killarney packs up, and even though the festivities are not at an end yet, he slowly moves into the direction of home. Nothing bad has happened to him in the two weeks he spent here, so he doesn't think anything will happen now. Surely not on his last day.

As far as he is concerned, surviving in these lands isn't such an impossible thing to do if you can rely on your friends, and friendly random strangers. His destination was exploring but maybe the way was the destination all along.
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]:Lendros [b]My map marker is[/b]:[emoji=eclipsed sun size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Apparel/Familiars/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: Lendros surverys the area below him with a sense of sadness, he would miss this place with all of its dangerous charm. He'd promise Kyrmis that he would return after the festival and he has no intention of going back on that promise. So he'd set out one last time to pick up any valuables or the likes while he still could, who knows when he'd return. Oh how he'll miss this place.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is:Lendros
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Apparel/Familiars/Other

Optional for RPers:
My RP post: Lendros surverys the area below him with a sense of sadness, he would miss this place with all of its dangerous charm. He'd promise Kyrmis that he would return after the festival and he has no intention of going back on that promise. So he'd set out one last time to pick up any valuables or the likes while he still could, who knows when he'd return. Oh how he'll miss this place.
0304941-D-23-B9-407-C-925-C-1-A4-DDF7-D58-B6.gif 1qSQ4Z1.gif?tqlff=party.png
(@FinalFlight - Sorry I was late to see your post. It was hilarious!)
(@FinalFlight - Sorry I was late to see your post. It was hilarious!)
LxbWmll.png
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @/late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Atriphos [i](I can't believe I missed a day)[/i] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2920246/13#post_45013344][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/coliseum/portraits/415283/41528223.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=gear size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: [u]Food (M/S)[/u]/Materials/Other [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes [b]My RP post[/b]: @DemonicWolf67 ----- [i]Watching Scab bound away like an excited hatchling made him laugh and give chase, making sure to keep up with the speedy Nocturne. He didn't tend to partake in the festivals that much, so seeing all the Plague dragons and various festive stands was quite new. While he was certainly looking for metal and various bits of scrap, and he was rather easily distracted, he still managed to stick behind Scab enough to not lose him.[/i] "So, various dragons flock to the Wyrmwound to do.. commerce? I never would have thought-" [i]With his eyes darting from stall to stall, he wasn't paying attention when his back claw hit another dragon's tail, sending him to the ground. His satchel flung open, and the strange living scroll went flying in the fall, along with the cat that leapt from his back and went scampering in another direction. He softly huffed, being reminded of his first day out here in the wasteland, where he tripped over a log and scared off a swarm of butterflies. At least then no one was around to see his failure, but this time there was a crowd to witness his shame. Maybe he was just going to lie here for a minute.[/i]
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @/late711
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Atriphos (I can't believe I missed a day)

41528223.png

My map marker is:

I am searching for: Food (M/S)/Materials/Other

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes
My RP post:

@DemonicWolf67
Watching Scab bound away like an excited hatchling made him laugh and give chase, making sure to keep up with the speedy Nocturne. He didn't tend to partake in the festivals that much, so seeing all the Plague dragons and various festive stands was quite new. While he was certainly looking for metal and various bits of scrap, and he was rather easily distracted, he still managed to stick behind Scab enough to not lose him.

"So, various dragons flock to the Wyrmwound to do.. commerce? I never would have thought-"

With his eyes darting from stall to stall, he wasn't paying attention when his back claw hit another dragon's tail, sending him to the ground. His satchel flung open, and the strange living scroll went flying in the fall, along with the cat that leapt from his back and went scampering in another direction. He softly huffed, being reminded of his first day out here in the wasteland, where he tripped over a log and scared off a swarm of butterflies. At least then no one was around to see his failure, but this time there was a crowd to witness his shame. Maybe he was just going to lie here for a minute.
Sy4AUMs.png R9hICic.png
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Ryk [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/38140534][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/381406/38140534_350.png[/img][/url] [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=apparel helm size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Materials [i]Optional for RPers[/i]: [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: Yes/No [b]My RP post[/b]: Lark had remained silent while they approached the Wyrmwound. The wildlife was sparse, but the more time she spend in the area, the more familiar she felt with the lands. She was starting to see patterns, to feel the life under her paws. She was starting to see patterns within the land. If only, she wished to see someone other than Lark. But there was no one within her sight.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Ryk
38140534_350.png
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Materials

Optional for RPers:
I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP: Yes/No
My RP post:
Lark had remained silent while they approached the Wyrmwound. The wildlife was sparse, but the more time she spend in the area, the more familiar she felt with the lands. She was starting to see patterns, to feel the life under her paws. She was starting to see patterns within the land.

If only, she wished to see someone other than Lark. But there was no one within her sight.
gxI7g1F.png
@Khi @Saphelle @Regenwasserherz @EssayofThoughts @late711 [img]https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/e/2PACX-1vS7cxs45DoLxfI77aGZRFUdX05AcX62_iHu14aLIS5MEWvHYQVbzGXCeBFWxrR8w4sPlpD4II4dP-bt/pub?w=960&.png[/img] [b]My explorer is[/b]: Madani [b]My map marker is[/b]: [emoji=nature rune size=1] [b]I am searching for[/b]: Materials [b]I will be moving my map marker again today for the purpose of RP[/b]: No [b]My RP post[/b]: @HelianthusNox And so it was already their last full day in the Scarred Wasteland. Tomorrow they would both be parting ways and be heading home again and the days that had felt long would blend into a week that, looking bad, would feel short. Only a small fragment. But it was one with many moments to remember! And today, reaching the rim of the Wyrmwound and looking down into the ominously bubbling brew, somewhere in between fright, disgust and awe, would surely be among those, which Madani would not forget that easily.
pub?w=960&.png

My explorer is: Madani
My map marker is:
I am searching for: Materials

My RP post:
@HelianthusNox

And so it was already their last full day in the Scarred Wasteland.
Tomorrow they would both be parting ways and be heading home again and the days that had felt long would blend into a week that, looking bad, would feel short. Only a small fragment.

But it was one with many moments to remember!
And today, reaching the rim of the Wyrmwound and looking down into the ominously bubbling brew, somewhere in between fright, disgust and awe, would surely be among those, which Madani would not forget that easily.
  • FR+9
  • 29y/o
  • they/them