Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Make dodges/crits toggleable
1 2 3 4 5
I don’t have to explain why everyone hates dodges. Crits are only slightly less of an issue.

So here’s my suggestion: add a crit and dodge toggle to the coli. When it’s off, the game will be played as the devs intended it: monsters can dodge and crit. When it’s on, however, monsters cannot dodge or crit, but dragons (players) can. It’ll improve overall player experience, especially if many said players think monster dodges are ruining the experience.

Discuss below.
I don’t have to explain why everyone hates dodges. Crits are only slightly less of an issue.

So here’s my suggestion: add a crit and dodge toggle to the coli. When it’s off, the game will be played as the devs intended it: monsters can dodge and crit. When it’s on, however, monsters cannot dodge or crit, but dragons (players) can. It’ll improve overall player experience, especially if many said players think monster dodges are ruining the experience.

Discuss below.
TEIDUqh.gifqZwEAEI.png Qef5UlF.png
yzVHkx9.png
1j6wDhn.png
reHWBXk.png
JvUa9ma.png
27568530-2928-11eb-95d4-432813eda697.gif
Huge Wings of Fire fan, woo!
+++++++++++++++++++
Sure, as long as it drastically reduce Eliminate's damage input if dodge is removed.

I mean, the only thing that balances Eliminate is losing breath when you miss...
Sure, as long as it drastically reduce Eliminate's damage input if dodge is removed.

I mean, the only thing that balances Eliminate is losing breath when you miss...
Support. The sheer amount of dodges I've had to deal with this past two days... getting dodged multiple times *every single battle* isn't fun, especially when it's always on eliminates. Though I do think that both monsters and players shouldn't be able to dodge or crit if the option is turned off.

I also think there should be a toggle to turn boss spawns off. I just wanna level fodder man, I don't have the resources to deal with 6000 war toads in mire.
Support. The sheer amount of dodges I've had to deal with this past two days... getting dodged multiple times *every single battle* isn't fun, especially when it's always on eliminates. Though I do think that both monsters and players shouldn't be able to dodge or crit if the option is turned off.

I also think there should be a toggle to turn boss spawns off. I just wanna level fodder man, I don't have the resources to deal with 6000 war toads in mire.
soupbear.png jxvdQ6w.png SdOS6m7.png
This would punish players who prefer to play with the intended rules; I would rather the dodge/crit system to be revamped to actually take stats into account. Removing dodge/crits would just be a band-aid solution, and not actually solve the issues Coli has, I think.
This would punish players who prefer to play with the intended rules; I would rather the dodge/crit system to be revamped to actually take stats into account. Removing dodge/crits would just be a band-aid solution, and not actually solve the issues Coli has, I think.
[quote name="DethJackal" date="2021-06-09 12:50:25" ] This would punish players who prefer to play with the intended rules; I would rather the dodge/crit system to be revamped to actually take stats into account. Removing dodge/crits would just be a band-aid solution, and not actually solve the issues Coli has, I think. [/quote] Pretty much this. I would prefer to have the coli revamped, even if it meant that current builds have to be completely redone, to have all stats useful, rather than have the coliseum nerfed or have to have eliminate itself nerfed, because it is pretty overpowered.
DethJackal wrote on 2021-06-09 12:50:25:
Pretty much this.

I would prefer to have the coli revamped, even if it meant that current builds have to be completely redone, to have all stats useful, rather than have the coliseum nerfed or have to have eliminate itself nerfed, because it is pretty overpowered.

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-06-09 12:53:24" ] I would prefer to have the coli revamped, even if it meant that current builds have to be completely redone, to have all stats useful, rather than have the coliseum nerfed or have to have eliminate itself nerfed, because it is pretty overpowered. [/quote] We *already* had a perfectly planned Coli revamp, where builds had to be redone and stats were actually useful. We had a beta and all. Except that the userbase complained that with AGI becoming a relevant stat, their builds would be obsolete and they couldn't just go minmax anymore. They've got the staff to back out of the stat revamp. The userbase complained so much about just the IDEA of having to work for new builds that staff completely gave up on something that was a clear improvement. They're not gonna try to change stats again, because the userbase is afraid of change.
Jemadar wrote on 2021-06-09 12:53:24:
I would prefer to have the coli revamped, even if it meant that current builds have to be completely redone, to have all stats useful, rather than have the coliseum nerfed or have to have eliminate itself nerfed, because it is pretty overpowered.

We *already* had a perfectly planned Coli revamp, where builds had to be redone and stats were actually useful. We had a beta and all.

Except that the userbase complained that with AGI becoming a relevant stat, their builds would be obsolete and they couldn't just go minmax anymore. They've got the staff to back out of the stat revamp.

The userbase complained so much about just the IDEA of having to work for new builds that staff completely gave up on something that was a clear improvement. They're not gonna try to change stats again, because the userbase is afraid of change.
[quote name="Corviknight" date="2021-06-09 12:56:48" ] [quote name="Jemadar" date="2021-06-09 12:53:24" ] I would prefer to have the coli revamped, even if it meant that current builds have to be completely redone, to have all stats useful, rather than have the coliseum nerfed or have to have eliminate itself nerfed, because it is pretty overpowered. [/quote] We *already* had a perfectly planned Coli revamp, where builds had to be redone and stats were actually useful. We had a beta and all. Except that the userbase complained that with AGI becoming a relevant stat, their builds would be obsolete and they couldn't just go minmax anymore. They've got the staff to back out of the stat revamp. [/quote] I know, and I was disappointed that they put off the agi update, because I would much rather have all stats be relevant (and people could still min-max, I would personally have made it so if you decided to not go with AGI, then the coliseum acted as now, but if you sacrificed speed/vit/str for AGI, then you would hit more or dodge more etc.. basically everything would be a trade off)
Corviknight wrote on 2021-06-09 12:56:48:
Jemadar wrote on 2021-06-09 12:53:24:

We *already* had a perfectly planned Coli revamp, where builds had to be redone and stats were actually useful. We had a beta and all.

Except that the userbase complained that with AGI becoming a relevant stat, their builds would be obsolete and they couldn't just go minmax anymore. They've got the staff to back out of the stat revamp.
I know, and I was disappointed that they put off the agi update, because I would much rather have all stats be relevant (and people could still min-max, I would personally have made it so if you decided to not go with AGI, then the coliseum acted as now, but if you sacrificed speed/vit/str for AGI, then you would hit more or dodge more etc.. basically everything would be a trade off)

#UnnamedIsValid
Let them Fight
Let them Serve the Deities
Let them Exist in peace!
Dragons needed --->
58610356.png
Breed Characteristic Apparel!

Cuckoo Breed and Mutations!

Change Unnamed in YOUR dragon's profile!
14318365.png
[quote] I would personally have made it so if you decided to not go with AGI, then the coliseum acted as now, but if you sacrificed speed/vit/str for AGI, then you would hit more or dodge more etc.. basically everything would be a trade off)[/quote] Really, I think that would be the best way to handle it. No one with current builds are punished and are able to keep their productivity levels, while people who would rather sacrifice efficiency for less dodges/ more crits can.
Quote:
I would personally have made it so if you decided to not go with AGI, then the coliseum acted as now, but if you sacrificed speed/vit/str for AGI, then you would hit more or dodge more etc.. basically everything would be a trade off)

Really, I think that would be the best way to handle it. No one with current builds are punished and are able to keep their productivity levels, while people who would rather sacrifice efficiency for less dodges/ more crits can.
Pretty sure this would really make the Coli unbalanced though? Why should your dragons be allowed to dodge but the enemy cannot? Your dragons can crit but the enemy cannot? No support from me. Coli is supposed to be at least a little challenging, not just a cake walk 24/7.
Pretty sure this would really make the Coli unbalanced though? Why should your dragons be allowed to dodge but the enemy cannot? Your dragons can crit but the enemy cannot? No support from me. Coli is supposed to be at least a little challenging, not just a cake walk 24/7.
tumblr_inline_pfkgulDiIn1rl0bsp_100.pngGY5Jmcm.png old-oaks-3.png
[quote name="TruthseekerSky6" date="2021-06-09 12:42:14" ] So here’s my suggestion: add a crit and dodge toggle to the coli. When it’s off, the game will be played as the devs intended it: monsters can dodge and crit. When it’s on, however, monsters cannot dodge or crit, but dragons (players) can. It’ll improve overall player experience, especially if many said players think monster dodges are ruining the experience. [/quote] I don't know how I feel about the toggle idea, but I know that either way, players should never have an ability that the enemies cannot. That is, if monsters cannot dodge and crit, then players cannot either. You either turn it off, totally and for all, or you have it on, totally and for all.
TruthseekerSky6 wrote on 2021-06-09 12:42:14:
I don't know how I feel about the toggle idea, but I know that either way, players should never have an ability that the enemies cannot. That is, if monsters cannot dodge and crit, then players cannot either. You either turn it off, totally and for all, or you have it on, totally and for all.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5