Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Drew my clan leader (critiques welcome!)
[center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/WiQNepn.png[/img] [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=27022272] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/270223/27022272_350.png[/img] [/url] Here it is! first time drawing a Guardian, tell me what you think might need improving : )
WiQNepn.png

27022272_350.png

Here it is! first time drawing a Guardian, tell me what you think might need improving : )
tumblr_inline_n5l9g0OLV01scrvs1.png
For your first time on drawing a Guardian, I would say you did pretty good job! I'm no master artist, but I will try to give some hopefully helpful criticism! Outline: Your outline is good, though it seems a little wobbly and messy. I would recommend cleaning up your outlines with the eraser tool while you're working on it, so it's not as evident that you used multiple strokes for one line. Try to be quick while making your strokes to make them less wobbly! And if the program you use has a stabilizer for your strokes, I'd definitely would recommend using it! I would also recommend tapering your lines at the end. It makes them look sharper and aids in making the piece look more clean. You can see what I mean in this Jolteon drawing I've personally done recently! [center][img]https://i.ibb.co/0K61Sc4/Untitled40-20200420105441.png[/img][/center] Coloring: Your coloring is solid and clean! Only things that I say could be changed is the cowl could probably be a little darker in color, and the armor pieces a little brighter. Otherwise, you've done a pretty good job! Shading: You seem to have a pretty decent idea of how shading works! However, there is a lot of improvement that could be done there. For starters, the work doesn't really seem to imply any sort of light source...? Light sources are important in drawings you want to shade, as they determine where the shadows will go. Shadows will always be one the opposite side of the light source (For example, if the light source is located to the left, shadows will generally be on the right). Shadows will also appear in places where things overlap each other, like the wrinkles in clothing. So all wrinkles in the clothes should have some shadows there. Shadows should also follow the shape of the object, and not kind of stray away in some places. It should also be present in all parts of the drawing. I can see that you've shading the the shoulder armor, the cowl, the hank, and the fluff. Though it doesn't seem that evident that you've shaded the rest. Other bits: Some last things I would say is that the hank should be a little poofier, as it is kind of looks like an exposed part of the Guardian's belly, rather than a piece of apparel. The spikes on the shoulder armor could probably also be a little thinner, longer, and more curved. To wrap this up, there's a lot of improving you could do. But needing to improve is perfectly! All of us artists have our areas in which we could improve! You're doing good right now, and if you keep practicing you can do awesome in the future! Keep up the good work!
For your first time on drawing a Guardian, I would say you did pretty good job!

I'm no master artist, but I will try to give some hopefully helpful criticism!

Outline: Your outline is good, though it seems a little wobbly and messy. I would recommend cleaning up your outlines with the eraser tool while you're working on it, so it's not as evident that you used multiple strokes for one line. Try to be quick while making your strokes to make them less wobbly! And if the program you use has a stabilizer for your strokes, I'd definitely would recommend using it! I would also recommend tapering your lines at the end. It makes them look sharper and aids in making the piece look more clean. You can see what I mean in this Jolteon drawing I've personally done recently!
Untitled40-20200420105441.png

Coloring: Your coloring is solid and clean! Only things that I say could be changed is the cowl could probably be a little darker in color, and the armor pieces a little brighter. Otherwise, you've done a pretty good job!

Shading: You seem to have a pretty decent idea of how shading works! However, there is a lot of improvement that could be done there. For starters, the work doesn't really seem to imply any sort of light source...? Light sources are important in drawings you want to shade, as they determine where the shadows will go. Shadows will always be one the opposite side of the light source (For example, if the light source is located to the left, shadows will generally be on the right). Shadows will also appear in places where things overlap each other, like the wrinkles in clothing. So all wrinkles in the clothes should have some shadows there. Shadows should also follow the shape of the object, and not kind of stray away in some places. It should also be present in all parts of the drawing. I can see that you've shading the the shoulder armor, the cowl, the hank, and the fluff. Though it doesn't seem that evident that you've shaded the rest.

Other bits: Some last things I would say is that the hank should be a little poofier, as it is kind of looks like an exposed part of the Guardian's belly, rather than a piece of apparel. The spikes on the shoulder armor could probably also be a little thinner, longer, and more curved.

To wrap this up, there's a lot of improving you could do. But needing to improve is perfectly! All of us artists have our areas in which we could improve! You're doing good right now, and if you keep practicing you can do awesome in the future! Keep up the good work!
tumblr_inline_ofoo1p228Q1tfmvub_100.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAurora/Lilith
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWind Flight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+0 FR time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Carrd
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifEnfield Subspecies
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Shop
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSeal Credit
@TheNightFury

Hey thanks so much for the feedback! that was really helpful in giving me a direction to improve my work. I draw all of my stuff on my phone, but i'm thinking of getting a drawing tabled or ipad for art so I'll really be able to flourish on a propper device. i'm definitely gonna work on light sources next : )
@TheNightFury

Hey thanks so much for the feedback! that was really helpful in giving me a direction to improve my work. I draw all of my stuff on my phone, but i'm thinking of getting a drawing tabled or ipad for art so I'll really be able to flourish on a propper device. i'm definitely gonna work on light sources next : )
tumblr_inline_n5l9g0OLV01scrvs1.png
Glad I could help! I also use my phone to draw, as it's what I'm the most used to, other than pencil and paper. The app I personally use is IbisPaint X, so if you aren't already using it, I would recommend checking it out.
Glad I could help! I also use my phone to draw, as it's what I'm the most used to, other than pencil and paper. The app I personally use is IbisPaint X, so if you aren't already using it, I would recommend checking it out.
tumblr_inline_ofoo1p228Q1tfmvub_100.png arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifAurora/Lilith
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifShe/Her
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWind Flight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif+0 FR time
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifMy Carrd
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifEnfield Subspecies
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifWishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifArt Shop
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifSeal Credit