Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
Begging for Varnish/Lacquer and Shell/Web to be available for moderns. Pretty please.
Begging for Varnish/Lacquer and Shell/Web to be available for moderns. Pretty please.
fIrkakB.png tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o1_75sq.png DeB4uZe.png
a129Nss.png SM9WJh6.png fX0bVgZ.png
Ragged/Tear for moderns! It'd look SO GOOD on mirrors.
Ragged/Tear for moderns! It'd look SO GOOD on mirrors.
r1C4Orm.png 01nVszz.png
eswSnrS.png
QGvYKGE.png
Vhb0D2e.png tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
HPxMzD7.png
Absolutely love the Love/Affection genes and would be thrilled to see them expanded to more species.
Absolutely love the Love/Affection genes and would be thrilled to see them expanded to more species.
[MCF 2024] A green tea mooncake sent with a lucky ticket from Roundsey.
I really wish ancients had Iridescent and Shimmer. Not a single one has them, but the latest moderns Obelisks and Fathoms got them, which is understandable because they need to have all the modern genes available.

If Iri/Shim are being worked on in the background, I'm guessing they're tricky genes to color in photoshop since it has to look cohesive across the board. I could see it taking a long time to perfect.
I really wish ancients had Iridescent and Shimmer. Not a single one has them, but the latest moderns Obelisks and Fathoms got them, which is understandable because they need to have all the modern genes available.

If Iri/Shim are being worked on in the background, I'm guessing they're tricky genes to color in photoshop since it has to look cohesive across the board. I could see it taking a long time to perfect.
tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif
SirChicken
She/Her
FRT +1
VgR98md.png
Ship/Sail (Jib to keep it separate from Sailfin?) as a gene pair for the next talk like a pirate day? Ship could be similar to Wicker with a wooden pattern, where Sail would be similar to Patchwork with a fabric pattern, maybe with a skull and crossbones pattern 'stitched' onto at least 1 wing ----- @SirChicken [quote name="SirChicken" date="2024-09-22 11:08:31" ] If Iri/Shim are being worked on in the background, I'm guessing they're tricky genes to color in photoshop since it has to look cohesive across the board. I could see it taking a long time to perfect. [/quote] It's also partially because IriShim aren't automatable genes, at least as of the latest statements. Most other genes need to be drawn a total of 3 times then get recolored automatically, but IriShim needs to be drawn by hand 531 times, once for every color. There is [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3317116#post_3317116]this suggestion[/url] that looks fantastic as an alternative
Ship/Sail (Jib to keep it separate from Sailfin?) as a gene pair for the next talk like a pirate day? Ship could be similar to Wicker with a wooden pattern, where Sail would be similar to Patchwork with a fabric pattern, maybe with a skull and crossbones pattern 'stitched' onto at least 1 wing

@SirChicken
SirChicken wrote on 2024-09-22 11:08:31:

It's also partially because IriShim aren't automatable genes, at least as of the latest statements. Most other genes need to be drawn a total of 3 times then get recolored automatically, but IriShim needs to be drawn by hand 531 times, once for every color. There is this suggestion that looks fantastic as an alternative
@KrystalRage

I thought so. Yeah, having to redraw it that many times is extremely tedious and time consuming. As an artist myself, being presented with a momentous task like that would give me anxiety lol.

And I saw that thread earlier in the year! I agree, they look great and are a good workaround the 500+ images that need to be drawn by hand.
@KrystalRage

I thought so. Yeah, having to redraw it that many times is extremely tedious and time consuming. As an artist myself, being presented with a momentous task like that would give me anxiety lol.

And I saw that thread earlier in the year! I agree, they look great and are a good workaround the 500+ images that need to be drawn by hand.
tumblr_osuiryrppa1v8lm95o2_75sq.gif
SirChicken
She/Her
FRT +1
VgR98md.png
I would adore it if we got strike for moderns. It’s a really beautiful gene.
I would adore it if we got strike for moderns. It’s a really beautiful gene.
mSEU3c4.png
Forgive me if this has been suggested a million times before (i didn't read through all 200 pages of this thread haha [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]), but I think it would be nice to have primary/secondary genes that match the subtly glittery look of the glimmer and koi tertiary genes. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=94&tertgene=10&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=712f714fedd04b24931d0e353c4eab6b731a7b1c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=94&tertgene=73&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=090c13435e037d785b8631f3397ead0651ad218f&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Forgive me if this has been suggested a million times before (i didn't read through all 200 pages of this thread haha ), but I think it would be nice to have primary/secondary genes that match the subtly glittery look of the glimmer and koi tertiary genes.

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=94&tertgene=10&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=712f714fedd04b24931d0e353c4eab6b731a7b1c&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=10&bodygene=0&breed=2&element=3&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=94&tertgene=73&winggene=0&wings=10&auth=090c13435e037d785b8631f3397ead0651ad218f&dummyext=prev.png
IZfxeMS.png
Something with swirls could be really cool, with multiple colors changing depending on what color range you've picked.
Something with swirls could be really cool, with multiple colors changing depending on what color range you've picked.
Mvlz9SW.png

I know there's already a lot of stripey genes, but something inspired by Boelen's Python markings would be cool! And maybe an opposite version as well, with a line down the back, and the stripes coming down from that back stripe (if that makes any sense).
I know there's already a lot of stripey genes, but something inspired by Boelen's Python markings would be cool! And maybe an opposite version as well, with a line down the back, and the stripes coming down from that back stripe (if that makes any sense).