Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Primary Gene Suggestions
some genes i would like for prim + secondary!! [b]aether:[/b] harlequin (w jester) [b]dusthide:[/b] chrysocolla (w malachite) boulder (w myrid) tide (w foam) tapir (w striation) pharaoh (w sarcophagus) crystal (w facet) swirl (w marbled) python (w morph) on top of that i think dusthide's (and every dragon at some point) having a gene that looks similar to a ferret or raccoon would be super cute!! a masked kind of look like these! [img]https://scottveterinaryclinic.vet/files/2018/11/shutterstock_271735247.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.thoughtco.com/thmb/okEVESfH9E_9YHfqrApcAaq4G2Q=/1500x1093/filters:fill(auto,1)/Mustela_nigripes_2-5b5ddc9946e0fb0025dd3626.jpg[/img] [img]https://www.rd.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/GettyImages-534977934.jpg[/img] i'm not sure entirely how the wings would look, whether it'd be a smokey kind of faded look or a gradient with some stripes at the bottom or what exactly, but i think it'd do very well! to have the eyes covered in a darker color like that!!
some genes i would like for prim + secondary!!

aether:
harlequin (w jester)

dusthide:
chrysocolla (w malachite)
boulder (w myrid)
tide (w foam)
tapir (w striation)
pharaoh (w sarcophagus)
crystal (w facet)
swirl (w marbled)
python (w morph)

on top of that i think dusthide's (and every dragon at some point) having a gene that looks similar to a ferret or raccoon would be super cute!! a masked kind of look like these!

shutterstock_271735247.jpg Mustela_nigripes_2-5b5ddc9946e0fb0025dd3626.jpg GettyImages-534977934.jpg

i'm not sure entirely how the wings would look, whether it'd be a smokey kind of faded look or a gradient with some stripes at the bottom or what exactly, but i think it'd do very well! to have the eyes covered in a darker color like that!!
Thunderback Slink holding a banner saying any pronouns, autism and adhd, and flight rising time + 3. Artist is dusthide #677935
[quote name="Dragonqueen1215" date="2024-04-18 13:40:48" ] Expansion for affection/love pls! Would love to see them get ported to other dergs next Feb! [/quote] support this sooo much it's such a nice gene combo that getting it on the other dragons would be so fun!!
Dragonqueen1215 wrote on 2024-04-18 13:40:48:
Expansion for affection/love pls! Would love to see them get ported to other dergs next Feb!

support this sooo much it's such a nice gene combo that getting it on the other dragons would be so fun!!
Thunderback Slink holding a banner saying any pronouns, autism and adhd, and flight rising time + 3. Artist is dusthide #677935
[quote name="amuseoffirebane" date="2024-02-09 10:15:46" ] Got an idea in my head that wouldn't let me go! I call them 'Ferret/Stoat' :) [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/8f76046d29585c77911a0ca9ad1f43d1/f706b0b7bf70e633-77/s1280x1920/7f2c23223332c734a62b8f1c07f0953c1d6b4e13.png[/img] Tan/Tan [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/38995acdbe0f73818d393ec9ecc9e6ff/f706b0b7bf70e633-33/s1280x1920/f0867a0597a5cd80047b49b347d9a9e08eecd401.png[/img] Platinum/Peridot [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/578c7149aec7a58f0968051c9409551a/f706b0b7bf70e633-3c/s1280x1920/99caace80edc0dd8da3b6d2b7e8bb01f1b29605b.png[/img] Saffron/Storm [/quote] THIS!!! i love this so much i think especially now with dusthides, having them on moderns and dusthides would be so nice!!! full support!!
amuseoffirebane wrote on 2024-02-09 10:15:46:
Got an idea in my head that wouldn't let me go! I call them 'Ferret/Stoat' :)

7f2c23223332c734a62b8f1c07f0953c1d6b4e13.png
Tan/Tan

f0867a0597a5cd80047b49b347d9a9e08eecd401.png
Platinum/Peridot

99caace80edc0dd8da3b6d2b7e8bb01f1b29605b.png
Saffron/Storm

THIS!!! i love this so much i think especially now with dusthides, having them on moderns and dusthides would be so nice!!! full support!!
I'd love to see any of the following Primary/Secondary sets ported to Banescales, please! (Thank you so much for Boulder/Myrid and Boa/Saddle [emoji=banescale happy size=1]) Flaunt/Flair Harlequin/Jester Mochlus/Riopa Strike/Coil Chrysocolla/Malachite
I'd love to see any of the following Primary/Secondary sets ported to Banescales, please! (Thank you so much for Boulder/Myrid and Boa/Saddle )

Flaunt/Flair
Harlequin/Jester
Mochlus/Riopa
Strike/Coil
Chrysocolla/Malachite
4qwWBWB.png
Signature art by Toxoid!
also slime/sludge for dusthides!!! mud puppies!!
also slime/sludge for dusthides!!! mud puppies!!
Literally boa, but shaped like a flame. Call it...erm...uh...hotrod?? Keeping the cool secondary colors of course, or else it wouldn't be the same. I really really like boa, and think a fire shaped variant would be awesome. It would probably look killer on an aberration with flameforger. like look at this and imagine with your minds eye and imagine sick gnarly flames [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=170&bodygene=232&breed=3&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=165&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=159&auth=039526265299e28a580a388ea8d94a99baa0ca6b&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
Literally boa, but shaped like a flame. Call it...erm...uh...hotrod??
Keeping the cool secondary colors of course, or else it wouldn't be the same.

I really really like boa, and think a fire shaped variant would be awesome. It would probably look killer on an aberration with flameforger.

like look at this and imagine with your minds eye and imagine sick gnarly flames

dragon?age=1&body=170&bodygene=232&breed=3&element=1&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=165&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=159&auth=039526265299e28a580a388ea8d94a99baa0ca6b&dummyext=prev.png
vQBibnc.png
xypY4d5.png
TVHy8Pj.png
WmdW2o4.png2-Krondar-542341.pngc6d5AbQ.png
Ut9RRot.png
k3PfQGk.png
Sj6j121.png
fg6G1CJ.png
So I know this'll never get seen and I've wasted WAY too much time on it and also GAVE UP COLORING IT because i have no art skill- But here's a concept primary/secondary with the colors based on Phthalo seen in Wasp and Jaguar: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Wfk8Tgw.png[/img] You can call the primary Luna, and the secondary Cycle I didn't have a blend tool so imagine it's blended better... and imagine I didn't give up on the wings. The wings would be outlined in the darkest colors. The "sparkles" are actually just shimmer-y looking, and not spots. It's made to make the Moon looking marks look like they're glowing a little, like in runes or glowtail. I'd probably make the secondary end in more of a gradient to the other "highlights." If this were radioactive the moons would be pink. If it were Sanguine they'd be Yellow. I'd want the underbelly part to be very prominent across all colors. The horns would be a gradient, too. There's a crescent on the snout that ends by the eyes, and the eyes have an outline around them like they do in Jaguar. On the tail the "bands" would actually be crescents that covered the top of the tail, not stripes. Now to vanish and for this work to never be seen *phases through a wall like a ghost*
So I know this'll never get seen and I've wasted WAY too much time on it and also GAVE UP COLORING IT because i have no art skill-
But here's a concept primary/secondary with the colors based on Phthalo seen in Wasp and Jaguar:
Wfk8Tgw.png

You can call the primary Luna, and the secondary Cycle

I didn't have a blend tool so imagine it's blended better... and imagine I didn't give up on the wings. The wings would be outlined in the darkest colors. The "sparkles" are actually just shimmer-y looking, and not spots.

It's made to make the Moon looking marks look like they're glowing a little, like in runes or glowtail.

I'd probably make the secondary end in more of a gradient to the other "highlights." If this were radioactive the moons would be pink. If it were Sanguine they'd be Yellow. I'd want the underbelly part to be very prominent across all colors.

The horns would be a gradient, too.

There's a crescent on the snout that ends by the eyes, and the eyes have an outline around them like they do in Jaguar.

On the tail the "bands" would actually be crescents that covered the top of the tail, not stripes.

Now to vanish and for this work to never be seen *phases through a wall like a ghost*
r1C4Orm.png 01nVszz.png
eswSnrS.png
QGvYKGE.png
Vhb0D2e.png tumblr_ot0059o4wr1v8lm95o1_r1_100.png
HPxMzD7.png
[quote name="Coldau" date="2024-04-27 03:32:45" ] So I know this'll never get seen and I've wasted WAY too much time on it and also GAVE UP COLORING IT because i have no art skill- But here's a concept primary/secondary with the colors based on Phthalo seen in Wasp and Jaguar: [img]https://i.imgur.com/Wfk8Tgw.png[/img] You can call the primary Luna, and the secondary Cycle I didn't have a blend tool so imagine it's blended better... and imagine I didn't give up on the wings. The wings would be outlined in the darkest colors. The "sparkles" are actually just shimmer-y looking, and not spots. It's made to make the Moon looking marks look like they're glowing a little, like in runes or glowtail. I'd probably make the secondary end in more of a gradient to the other "highlights." If this were radioactive the moons would be pink. If it were Sanguine they'd be Yellow. I'd want the underbelly part to be very prominent across all colors. The horns would be a gradient, too. There's a crescent on the snout that ends by the eyes, and the eyes have an outline around them like they do in Jaguar. On the tail the "bands" would actually be crescents that covered the top of the tail, not stripes. Now to vanish and for this work to never be seen *phases through a wall like a ghost* [/quote] Hhhhh yesssss
Coldau wrote on 2024-04-27 03:32:45:
So I know this'll never get seen and I've wasted WAY too much time on it and also GAVE UP COLORING IT because i have no art skill-
But here's a concept primary/secondary with the colors based on Phthalo seen in Wasp and Jaguar:
Wfk8Tgw.png

You can call the primary Luna, and the secondary Cycle

I didn't have a blend tool so imagine it's blended better... and imagine I didn't give up on the wings. The wings would be outlined in the darkest colors. The "sparkles" are actually just shimmer-y looking, and not spots.

It's made to make the Moon looking marks look like they're glowing a little, like in runes or glowtail.

I'd probably make the secondary end in more of a gradient to the other "highlights." If this were radioactive the moons would be pink. If it were Sanguine they'd be Yellow. I'd want the underbelly part to be very prominent across all colors.

The horns would be a gradient, too.

There's a crescent on the snout that ends by the eyes, and the eyes have an outline around them like they do in Jaguar.

On the tail the "bands" would actually be crescents that covered the top of the tail, not stripes.

Now to vanish and for this work to never be seen *phases through a wall like a ghost*
Hhhhh yesssss
Please give a like if you Like!--->86520977.png96850041.png84977690.png
I am here to suggest... the phantom gene. Phantom gemstones are a really cool phenomenon in which a growing crystal is covered by a dusting of another material, but then keeps on growing. Most well-known phantoms are found in quartz, but they also appear in fluorite and in other translucent gemstones. [img]https://satyacenter.s3.amazonaws.com/media/wysiwyg/library/June-2016/Phantoms-Store-Section.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/~bMAAOSw5DRj679F/s-l1600.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.etsystatic.com/26817278/r/il/b8f5fb/4800886221/il_570xN.4800886221_3doi.jpg[/img] [img]https://cdn.irocks.com/storage/media/11226/conversions/mun05-167a-large.jpg[/img] In dragons, phantom and its associated gene would show as the dragon appearing a little translucent or semi-transparent, with a darker core or afterimage within. The core would show the actual dragon's color, with the outer "shell" being either a lighter color or an associated complementary color (for example, lapis phantom would have a light yellow/golden outer color and a lapis blue inner core)
I am here to suggest... the phantom gene.

Phantom gemstones are a really cool phenomenon in which a growing crystal is covered by a dusting of another material, but then keeps on growing. Most well-known phantoms are found in quartz, but they also appear in fluorite and in other translucent gemstones.

Phantoms-Store-Section.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
il_570xN.4800886221_3doi.jpg
mun05-167a-large.jpg

In dragons, phantom and its associated gene would show as the dragon appearing a little translucent or semi-transparent, with a darker core or afterimage within. The core would show the actual dragon's color, with the outer "shell" being either a lighter color or an associated complementary color (for example, lapis phantom would have a light yellow/golden outer color and a lapis blue inner core)
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
would be a big fan of these ancient genes being ported to moderns! i've seen individual suggestions before, but i'm essentially making a compilation here. what can i say i love multi-colour genes

- caterpillar/larvae
- love/affection
- mochlus/riopa

- chevron/arrow
- ragged/tear

- display/parade
- petrified/lode
- sailfish/marlin

- octopus/rings

- arc/loop
- shell/web
would be a big fan of these ancient genes being ported to moderns! i've seen individual suggestions before, but i'm essentially making a compilation here. what can i say i love multi-colour genes

- caterpillar/larvae
- love/affection
- mochlus/riopa

- chevron/arrow
- ragged/tear

- display/parade
- petrified/lode
- sailfish/marlin

- octopus/rings

- arc/loop
- shell/web
UqHgyno.gifZInaczN.gif