Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How much to...
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page
..buy each sprite at lah with real money? assuming you used money right now and in usd and that each lah is gems and each rounded to nearest 10 (you would have more than needed so it will be less but i'm no good at maths)

Light sprite lah is 160000g so about $1,400
fire lah 29500 = $250
nature lah 2990 = $30
water lah 3895 = $40
earth lah 8800 = $90
ice lah 9000 = $90
shadow lah 9499 = $90
wind lah 10000 = $100
plague lah 11000 = $100
lightning lah 11500 = $100
arcane lah 21000 = $180

total = $2,470 / 258284g

..... Anyone have $2,500 laying around? /jk . anyway this is how I plan to get the sprites but buy the gems next discount in november i think and buy them during notn when things are cheaper. What are y'alls thoughts on the prices of sprites? I think the light sprite is way too expensive although I understand why
..buy each sprite at lah with real money? assuming you used money right now and in usd and that each lah is gems and each rounded to nearest 10 (you would have more than needed so it will be less but i'm no good at maths)

Light sprite lah is 160000g so about $1,400
fire lah 29500 = $250
nature lah 2990 = $30
water lah 3895 = $40
earth lah 8800 = $90
ice lah 9000 = $90
shadow lah 9499 = $90
wind lah 10000 = $100
plague lah 11000 = $100
arcane lah 21000 = $180

total = $2,470 / 258284g

..... Anyone have $2,500 laying around? /jk . anyway this is how I plan to get the sprites but buy the gems next discount in november i think and buy them during notn when things are cheaper. What are y'alls thoughts on the prices of sprites? I think the light sprite is way too expensive although I understand why
72446457p.png74860830p.png FR+0 Art Shop avatar dragon
OOF this hurts to see written out (although I don't intend to ever aquire the sprites). I'm mostly shocked by the drastic difference in prices even ignoring light sprite!

@Penarrow101 - Out of curiosity, I reordered ur list by order of events & it mostly lines up with prices decreasing... except for lightning & wind, which are cheaper & more expensive respectively!

light lah 160000g= $1,400
fire lah 29500 = $250
arcane lah 21000 = $180
plague lah 11000 = $100
earth lah 8800 = $90
ice lah 9000 = $90
shadow lah 9499 = $90
wind lah 10000 = $100
water lah 3895 = $40
nature lah 2990 = $30

wild supply & demand theory here that I'm not at all qualified to explore... any business / economics folks on here?
OOF this hurts to see written out (although I don't intend to ever aquire the sprites). I'm mostly shocked by the drastic difference in prices even ignoring light sprite!

@Penarrow101 - Out of curiosity, I reordered ur list by order of events & it mostly lines up with prices decreasing... except for lightning & wind, which are cheaper & more expensive respectively!

light lah 160000g= $1,400
fire lah 29500 = $250
arcane lah 21000 = $180
plague lah 11000 = $100
earth lah 8800 = $90
ice lah 9000 = $90
shadow lah 9499 = $90
wind lah 10000 = $100
water lah 3895 = $40
nature lah 2990 = $30

wild supply & demand theory here that I'm not at all qualified to explore... any business / economics folks on here?
z2Icd4f.png
x
Echo
(they/she/fae)
+0 fr time
6c0jmrg.png
x
goals / challenges
color wheel obelisks
stock the pond
[quote name="@cyanocittas" date="2024-07-03 19:50:56" ] wild supply & demand theory here that I'm not at all qualified to explore... any business / economics folks on here? [/quote] Not a business person, however I've had a mandatory econ course for the past three years (AcDec Yayyyy...), so I could probably attempt to explain it! Light Festival was the first festival to ever occur, which means that the light sprite was the first festival familiar released. Now, naturally, since Light Festivals are the first to get everything in a rotation (first gryphon fam, first snake fam, first statue fam, etc etc... even first fest hatchling skins!), their value is seen as inherently higher, despite the fact that they cost the same as every other fest fam or fest item. The idea of "first" is something that a lot of people find valuable, and since Light has many neutral aesthetics that many people enjoy, that only adds to their value (compare a Luminous Ambassador to a Gladegift Ambassador—The Luminous has a lot more leeway to interpret in different lore senses, while Gladegift is just a plant person) Applying this logic to the rest of the festivals, the further along you go the less "valuable" stuff is because it starts to become repetetive—people want the next theme, and are typically waiting for the moment a new cycle is shown—which just happens to be during Brightshine. In the case of the Lightning sprite and Wind Sprite's outlier prices, that can simply be because, sitewide, the traditional "lightning aesthetic" (used loosely) is less popular than the more flexible "wind aesthetic" (also used loosely). Tl;Dr: the first of every cycle is what people look the most forward to, Brightshine happens to be the first of every cycle (and the sprite was the first ever fest fam), and as each fest happens people care "less" (used loosely pt 3) about each fam because it's just one fest closer to the next cycle. Edit: sorry if this is still a bit unclear, this law of supply/demand are the only things I really retained from that course (and pork barrel politics... only because of the name)
@cyanocittas wrote on 2024-07-03 19:50:56:

Not a business person, however I've had a mandatory econ course for the past three years (AcDec Yayyyy...), so I could probably attempt to explain it!

Light Festival was the first festival to ever occur, which means that the light sprite was the first festival familiar released. Now, naturally, since Light Festivals are the first to get everything in a rotation (first gryphon fam, first snake fam, first statue fam, etc etc... even first fest hatchling skins!), their value is seen as inherently higher, despite the fact that they cost the same as every other fest fam or fest item. The idea of "first" is something that a lot of people find valuable, and since Light has many neutral aesthetics that many people enjoy, that only adds to their value (compare a Luminous Ambassador to a Gladegift Ambassador—The Luminous has a lot more leeway to interpret in different lore senses, while Gladegift is just a plant person)

Applying this logic to the rest of the festivals, the further along you go the less "valuable" stuff is because it starts to become repetetive—people want the next theme, and are typically waiting for the moment a new cycle is shown—which just happens to be during Brightshine. In the case of the Lightning sprite and Wind Sprite's outlier prices, that can simply be because, sitewide, the traditional "lightning aesthetic" (used loosely) is less popular than the more flexible "wind aesthetic" (also used loosely).

Tl;Dr: the first of every cycle is what people look the most forward to, Brightshine happens to be the first of every cycle (and the sprite was the first ever fest fam), and as each fest happens people care "less" (used loosely pt 3) about each fam because it's just one fest closer to the next cycle.

Edit: sorry if this is still a bit unclear, this law of supply/demand are the only things I really retained from that course (and pork barrel politics... only because of the name)
0T9buOf.png
sWGIYD3.png
wTVVdiJ.png
nRUr50B.png
hSzgn50.png
wLurwzJ.png
bCuiqGR.png
JDlFtpY.png
TfeviN2.png
bqI0ApO.png
joJXsVi.png
6meUms1.png
1zZlm83.png
J7D1quC.png
Plague-Only Lair!
I was around for these festivals, and I think part of the reason some are more rare than others has to do with how well the site was running at the time.

For the Light Sprite, I don't think players really understood that they would never be released again and once we clued on for Lightning, we grabbed a ton. (They might have known, but not really gotten the gravity of the situation - I passed up buying one for 100k bc I thought that was an insane price for a familiar!)

But I remember around Fire and Arcane festivals, site performance was pretty bad and it was just harder to get currency with a laggier site.
I was around for these festivals, and I think part of the reason some are more rare than others has to do with how well the site was running at the time.

For the Light Sprite, I don't think players really understood that they would never be released again and once we clued on for Lightning, we grabbed a ton. (They might have known, but not really gotten the gravity of the situation - I passed up buying one for 100k bc I thought that was an insane price for a familiar!)

But I remember around Fire and Arcane festivals, site performance was pretty bad and it was just harder to get currency with a laggier site.
Palefoot Tadhop Desert Rain Frog Companion Ruffletail Tadhop
I collect Silver/Sky/X dragons!
It's the historians you should ask. This was all before my time but:

Lightning is unusually low due to the downtime during the first Lightning festival. To make up for it the devs gave players extra time to acquire stuff so the supply is higher.

Wind is higher due to a lack of Wind monsters during the first festival and the difficulty of taking on HR when Augment stones didn't work. I believe Bamboo Falls was the best venue the first festival.
It's the historians you should ask. This was all before my time but:

Lightning is unusually low due to the downtime during the first Lightning festival. To make up for it the devs gave players extra time to acquire stuff so the supply is higher.

Wind is higher due to a lack of Wind monsters during the first festival and the difficulty of taking on HR when Augment stones didn't work. I believe Bamboo Falls was the best venue the first festival.
I want to live in Theory. Everything works there.

Have you checked the Gem MP for Gene and Breed scrolls before buying an AH listing from me ending in 5g?
[quote name="Sons" date="2024-07-03 20:04:42" ] [quote name="@cyanocittas" date="2024-07-03 19:50:56" ] wild supply & demand theory here that I'm not at all qualified to explore... any business / economics folks on here? [/quote] Not a business person, however I've had a mandatory econ course for the past three years (AcDec Yayyyy...), so I could probably attempt to explain it! Light Festival was the first festival to ever occur, which means that the light sprite was the first festival familiar released. Now, naturally, since Light Festivals are the first to get everything in a rotation (first gryphon fam, first snake fam, first statue fam, etc etc... even first fest hatchling skins!), their value is seen as inherently higher, despite the fact that they cost the same as every other fest fam or fest item. The idea of "first" is something that a lot of people find valuable, and since Light has many neutral aesthetics that many people enjoy, that only adds to their value (compare a Luminous Ambassador to a Gladegift Ambassador—The Luminous has a lot more leeway to interpret in different lore senses, while Gladegift is just a plant person) Applying this logic to the rest of the festivals, the further along you go the less "valuable" stuff is because it starts to become repetetive—people want the next theme, and are typically waiting for the moment a new cycle is shown—which just happens to be during Brightshine. In the case of the Lightning sprite and Wind Sprite's outlier prices, that can simply be because, sitewide, the traditional "lightning aesthetic" (used loosely) is less popular than the more flexible "wind aesthetic" (also used loosely). Tl;Dr: the first of every cycle is what people look the most forward to, Brightshine happens to be the first of every cycle (and the sprite was the first ever fest fam), and as each fest happens people care "less" (used loosely pt 3) about each fam because it's just one fest closer to the next cycle. Edit: sorry if this is still a bit unclear, this law of supply/demand are the only things I really retained from that course (and pork barrel politics... only because of the name) [/quote] Slight addition to this, the site crashed for the majority of the very first brightshine and players were not given an extension, leading to very little time to gain currency in a situation where people didn't have maximized coli teams yet and therefore supply ended up incredibly low.
Sons wrote on 2024-07-03 20:04:42:
@cyanocittas wrote on 2024-07-03 19:50:56:

Not a business person, however I've had a mandatory econ course for the past three years (AcDec Yayyyy...), so I could probably attempt to explain it!

Light Festival was the first festival to ever occur, which means that the light sprite was the first festival familiar released. Now, naturally, since Light Festivals are the first to get everything in a rotation (first gryphon fam, first snake fam, first statue fam, etc etc... even first fest hatchling skins!), their value is seen as inherently higher, despite the fact that they cost the same as every other fest fam or fest item. The idea of "first" is something that a lot of people find valuable, and since Light has many neutral aesthetics that many people enjoy, that only adds to their value (compare a Luminous Ambassador to a Gladegift Ambassador—The Luminous has a lot more leeway to interpret in different lore senses, while Gladegift is just a plant person)

Applying this logic to the rest of the festivals, the further along you go the less "valuable" stuff is because it starts to become repetetive—people want the next theme, and are typically waiting for the moment a new cycle is shown—which just happens to be during Brightshine. In the case of the Lightning sprite and Wind Sprite's outlier prices, that can simply be because, sitewide, the traditional "lightning aesthetic" (used loosely) is less popular than the more flexible "wind aesthetic" (also used loosely).

Tl;Dr: the first of every cycle is what people look the most forward to, Brightshine happens to be the first of every cycle (and the sprite was the first ever fest fam), and as each fest happens people care "less" (used loosely pt 3) about each fam because it's just one fest closer to the next cycle.

Edit: sorry if this is still a bit unclear, this law of supply/demand are the only things I really retained from that course (and pork barrel politics... only because of the name)

Slight addition to this, the site crashed for the majority of the very first brightshine and players were not given an extension, leading to very little time to gain currency in a situation where people didn't have maximized coli teams yet and therefore supply ended up incredibly low.
je67dzK.gif ...
Val + she/her + fr+3
talk to me about hozier

7zrgo5F.png
[quote name="Nightwind" date="2024-07-03 20:07:52" ] Lightning is unusually low due to the downtime during the first Lightning festival. To make up for it the devs gave players extra time to acquire stuff so the supply is higher. Wind is higher due to a lack of Wind monsters during the first festival and the difficulty of taking on HR when Augment stones didn't work. I believe Bamboo Falls was the best venue the first festival. [/quote] This helps to fill some gaps in my memory, thanks! I didn't use the coli much back then for currency, I relied exclusively on gathering turns. [emoji=spiral laughing size=1]
Nightwind wrote on 2024-07-03 20:07:52:

This helps to fill some gaps in my memory, thanks! I didn't use the coli much back then for currency, I relied exclusively on gathering turns.
Palefoot Tadhop Desert Rain Frog Companion Ruffletail Tadhop
I collect Silver/Sky/X dragons!
This baffles me. It just does not make sense to me that anyone logically would value some digital pixels at such a high cost!
Imagine how much food you can buy irl for that money. And other necessities like shampoo and... Just stuff everyone needs every day.
This baffles me. It just does not make sense to me that anyone logically would value some digital pixels at such a high cost!
Imagine how much food you can buy irl for that money. And other necessities like shampoo and... Just stuff everyone needs every day.
He/Him - It/It's
One/One's - Xe/Xem
My Pronouns Page

For Sale (With a coin and gem symbol)Wishlist (With a starsymbol)
 This user does Roleplay
A black anthro wolf character who is laying down. He has long curly white hair, wears a purple sweater and black pants. His eyes are red. He has a golden hoop earring.
Pings are welcome!
Though I might not always reply due to social anxiety or bad mental health

A heart shaped genderfluid pride flagA heart shaped omnisexual pride flagA heart shaped polyamory pride flag
A small black button that appears to be made from goo. The button is a link. The Goo is dripping down a little bit. On the button is the word turned written in neon green letters.
Also iirc during the first fests the site wasn't fully open and had waves of periods where new accounts could be made. So less people were there for the light sprite vs the later sprites
Also iirc during the first fests the site wasn't fully open and had waves of periods where new accounts could be made. So less people were there for the light sprite vs the later sprites
yep still haven't fixed my siggy after discord broke images.....I'm lazyUntitled_Artwork.png
I think I'm mostly just shocked the sprites are still treated different than all the other fest familiars, they all retired to joxbox, except for the sprites. They really don't need to be this expensive :') KS items, sure, they were made to be very limited and rare, but fest fams? Their prices should not be in the hundreds and thousands [emoji=skull size=1]
I think I'm mostly just shocked the sprites are still treated different than all the other fest familiars, they all retired to joxbox, except for the sprites. They really don't need to be this expensive :') KS items, sure, they were made to be very limited and rare, but fest fams? Their prices should not be in the hundreds and thousands
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Art Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
Go to previous page
Currently on page 1 Go to page 2
Go to next page