Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Apparel misalignment again :/
1 2 3
going off of the mannequin, it's just that the genes and apparel are drawn using different lines of symmetry, which is annoying and definitely doesn't look good on the dragon you shared, but I don't think it was warped (but it's understandable that you thought it was, it's still not very symmetrical (it doesn't match with the center of the collarbone at all?) and I thought it was just warped too before I saw the mannequin) this, however [quote name="Elsycl" date="2024-06-24 19:38:55" ] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1040019924132827178/1254988954558664854/dummy.png?ex=667b7f0b&is=667a2d8b&hm=99534b688873387bf08df1d67af76c728715155bbc825e27f8b4a37cfc576688&.png[/img] [/quote] definitely is badly warped though lol, it's so [i]flat[/i]
going off of the mannequin, it's just that the genes and apparel are drawn using different lines of symmetry, which is annoying and definitely doesn't look good on the dragon you shared, but I don't think it was warped
(but it's understandable that you thought it was, it's still not very symmetrical (it doesn't match with the center of the collarbone at all?) and I thought it was just warped too before I saw the mannequin)

this, however
Elsycl wrote on 2024-06-24 19:38:55:
dummy.png?ex=667b7f0b&is=667a2d8b&hm=99534b688873387bf08df1d67af76c728715155bbc825e27f8b4a37cfc576688&.png

definitely is badly warped though lol, it's so flat
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
The chest piece is bad but I'm even more bothered by the way it just completely ignores how the top of the left wing is folded inward. I'm hoping they'll fix this but I doubt that will happen.
The chest piece is bad but I'm even more bothered by the way it just completely ignores how the top of the left wing is folded inward. I'm hoping they'll fix this but I doubt that will happen.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
This is definitely worth posting in the bug section

It's very distinctly in the wrong spot on the dragon
This is definitely worth posting in the bug section

It's very distinctly in the wrong spot on the dragon
sBdLZtA.png
I....honestly don't see anything wrong about this. I can tell that the centre piece is not so fully centred but I don't think there was much that one could do. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=7&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=57820&xt=dressing.png[/img] Spirals aren't fully centred either, it's just a bit difficult with the anatomy and 3-dimensional shape of the dragon vs trying to make the design a decently flat crescent moon sorta thing made out of metal. WHAT IS THAT BACKGROUND THOUGH [item=golden rays] COULD IT POSSIBLY BE A NEW SCENE??? IT LOOKS GREAT.
I....honestly don't see anything wrong about this. I can tell that the centre piece is not so fully centred but I don't think there was much that one could do.

dummy?breed=7&gender=0&skin=0&apparel=57820&xt=dressing.png

Spirals aren't fully centred either, it's just a bit difficult with the anatomy and 3-dimensional shape of the dragon vs trying to make the design a decently flat crescent moon sorta thing made out of metal.

WHAT IS THAT BACKGROUND THOUGH

Golden Rays

COULD IT POSSIBLY BE A NEW SCENE??? IT LOOKS GREAT.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
It looks fine to me? There's other apparels that are definitely copy+paste/warped/both, but this one specifically seems perfectly fine. The centering is a bit off, but most apparel on the chest area is, and this certainly isn't the most egregious example of misalignment
It looks fine to me? There's other apparels that are definitely copy+paste/warped/both, but this one specifically seems perfectly fine. The centering is a bit off, but most apparel on the chest area is, and this certainly isn't the most egregious example of misalignment
The Bargain Bin - Dragon Sales
JGJgvgA.png
The third line on the right (to viewer) shoulder is slightly disconnected at the arm and shoulder place and that is giving me so much anxiety ngl since the other two are connected and they just don't match...
And the dimensions looks all wrong too, maybe it's just me but I also think it looks horrifyingly weird on Coatl males, not something I can pinpoint out though...
The third line on the right (to viewer) shoulder is slightly disconnected at the arm and shoulder place and that is giving me so much anxiety ngl since the other two are connected and they just don't match...
And the dimensions looks all wrong too, maybe it's just me but I also think it looks horrifyingly weird on Coatl males, not something I can pinpoint out though...
All of them looks alright to me? I might just be horribly blind and missing the weird point though
All of them looks alright to me? I might just be horribly blind and missing the weird point though
9Nnjr3Q.png
I don't see anything wrong
I don't see anything wrong
p5Q2IRk.png
English is not my native language
I really like the Golden Rays and think it looks good on most poses, including the Snapper. The female Obelisk on the other hand bothers me because the chest piece disregards the layering of the mane. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=15&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=57820&xt=dressing.png[/img]
I really like the Golden Rays and think it looks good on most poses, including the Snapper. The female Obelisk on the other hand bothers me because the chest piece disregards the layering of the mane.

dummy?breed=15&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=57820&xt=dressing.png
Crabbie's Adoptables Hatchery
[quote name="Crabbie" date="2024-06-25 06:19:08" ] I really like the Golden Rays and think it looks good on most poses, including the Snapper. The female Obelisk on the other hand bothers me because the chest piece disregards the layering of the mane. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dummy?breed=15&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=57820&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/quote] Oh this is so blatantly bad, oh no... Anywhere but the wings feels way too flat, the chest area specifically looks like it's supposed to have dimension, but the way it looks transformed on a lot of breeds almost makes it look like it's an accent. Like the chest piece could have dimension and be floating above the chest instead of laid flat on the chest, similar to the wings, but the decision to make it flat is completely boggling to me!
Crabbie wrote on 2024-06-25 06:19:08:
I really like the Golden Rays and think it looks good on most poses, including the Snapper. The female Obelisk on the other hand bothers me because the chest piece disregards the layering of the mane.

dummy?breed=15&gender=1&skin=0&apparel=57820&xt=dressing.png

Oh this is so blatantly bad, oh no...

Anywhere but the wings feels way too flat, the chest area specifically looks like it's supposed to have dimension, but the way it looks transformed on a lot of breeds almost makes it look like it's an accent.

Like the chest piece could have dimension and be floating above the chest instead of laid flat on the chest, similar to the wings, but the decision to make it flat is completely boggling to me!
01547b70441cd57956c9fa35703052f03d2c34b2.png _ LP/Parade
She/Her
FR+3

Skin Shop
Art Shop
Free Likes
Bounties
__ LittleParade.gif _
1 2 3