Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How did you pick your lore/theme?
1 2 3 4 5
Does mostly focusing on fandragons count as a theme? I like making fandragons because I like sharing my favorite fictional characters with people. I’m also obsessed with portal fiction/isekai tropes, so it helps give me ideas for lore (although I haven’t written any of it down on site lol). My dragons are organized by tab depending on where they come from.

Most new players take a while to figure out their niche. It can take a lot of trial and error. I started off by just collecting dragons I thought looked nice. I then stumbled across the idea of fandragons, and began experimenting in the Scrying Workshop and Dressing Workshop. The rest is history.
Does mostly focusing on fandragons count as a theme? I like making fandragons because I like sharing my favorite fictional characters with people. I’m also obsessed with portal fiction/isekai tropes, so it helps give me ideas for lore (although I haven’t written any of it down on site lol). My dragons are organized by tab depending on where they come from.

Most new players take a while to figure out their niche. It can take a lot of trial and error. I started off by just collecting dragons I thought looked nice. I then stumbled across the idea of fandragons, and began experimenting in the Scrying Workshop and Dressing Workshop. The rest is history.
5255079-8Mmx39RQgBpdGm07.jpg
i'm a newer player and my lore is pretty minimal, but....being in the storm flight, i've mostly been working on dragons with purple/grey/black/white colors, sort of like storm cloud colors, which has cut down a liiiiittle on the analysis paralysis. most of my dragons are named after famous horses and swords and things like that, and i'm using parts of related books and things to start off their bios. other things have come up naturally as i play, e.g. i have one dragon who i use to bond all of my extra familiars, so he's sort of become an animal caretaker in my mind, and my higher level coliseum dragons are the sort of protectors of the clan.
i'm a newer player and my lore is pretty minimal, but....being in the storm flight, i've mostly been working on dragons with purple/grey/black/white colors, sort of like storm cloud colors, which has cut down a liiiiittle on the analysis paralysis. most of my dragons are named after famous horses and swords and things like that, and i'm using parts of related books and things to start off their bios. other things have come up naturally as i play, e.g. i have one dragon who i use to bond all of my extra familiars, so he's sort of become an animal caretaker in my mind, and my higher level coliseum dragons are the sort of protectors of the clan.
I really just like... casual, day to day dragon life. I focus more on individual dragons, then I work up to bigger and bigger lore connections. Never too crazy, but I think average contentment in such an interesting fantasy setting is compelling!
I really just like... casual, day to day dragon life. I focus more on individual dragons, then I work up to bigger and bigger lore connections. Never too crazy, but I think average contentment in such an interesting fantasy setting is compelling!
Designated Ridgeback Smoocher
I'm on a quest to get every forum vista I can!
Icon Dragon | Sales Tab
@StuffObserver I have different aesthetics for each tab, but gravitate towards earthy g1s due to resale value if I ever fall out of love with them. ;w; One of my strategies early on was I planning out multiple dragons at once, lay their scries out beside each other in an art or photo editing program, and group them together by similarities vs differences. This allowed me to explore which dragons "stuck out" and if they were interesting enough to be an exception to my rule. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/821953502245814312/937770220918014022/unknown.png?ex=666f2913&is=666dd793&hm=6b13bc85db70968b69ccb11f873691c65506e5555fa2ec615fdb4dacaa525c4a&.png[/img] (fun fact, i no longer own the majority of these dragons pictured) The [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/236023/2222250?name=&type=undefined]named tabs in my hibden[/url] are heavily curated, but the unnamed tabs aren't. I've been super restrictive with my playstyle for years now, so I have a few tabs where I let myself get a lil [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/den/236023/1146520?name=&type=undefined]"messy" [/url]as it can be a bit boring seeing the same type of dragon over and over and over again. Hope this helps!
@StuffObserver I have different aesthetics for each tab, but gravitate towards earthy g1s due to resale value if I ever fall out of love with them. ;w;

One of my strategies early on was I planning out multiple dragons at once, lay their scries out beside each other in an art or photo editing program, and group them together by similarities vs differences.

This allowed me to explore which dragons "stuck out" and if they were interesting enough to be an exception to my rule.
unknown.png?ex=666f2913&is=666dd793&hm=6b13bc85db70968b69ccb11f873691c65506e5555fa2ec615fdb4dacaa525c4a&.png
(fun fact, i no longer own the majority of these dragons pictured)

The named tabs in my hibden are heavily curated, but the unnamed tabs aren't.

I've been super restrictive with my playstyle for years now, so I have a few tabs where I let myself get a lil "messy" as it can be a bit boring seeing the same type of dragon over and over and over again.

Hope this helps!
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
I chose my lore purely based on things that I like.
I like creatures, I like conspiracies and dubious corporations, I love evil science, and I like both small town horror and cosmic horror. So I wrote a lair about a small run-down dock town with a dubious archive dedicated to the paranormal on its outskirts that's secretly a research and containment facility for all manner of entities across Sornieth. It's ridiculously self-indulgent, but I treat it all as an exercise. I'm playing this game and doing this for fun, so everything I write doesn't have to be "good" or serious, I just have to enjoy writing it - and I get a lot of decent practice in world and character building out of that, as well as hopefully keeping my skills sharp. I make characters based on literally whatever I want, because who cares if I have a dragon that's blatantly based on Monika DDLC? You're not paying for my work.

And I live in Arcane because Arcane fits that energy I want. I made the switch when the Forbidden Portal came out, because I realized that it isn't just the goofy pink crystals wizards flight, it can also very much be the dubious magical experimentation and cosmic horror flight. It can be scary, it can be gross and weird. I love that. So I moved here, because I also wanted lore like that. Plus I love stars, so makes sense. Starwood Strand is a beautiful area, yeah I wanna be there.
So truly, that's all I say you consider!!
What aesthetic appeals to you? What kinds of stories and characters appeal to you? How can you make these two things into one thing? Go from there.
I chose my lore purely based on things that I like.
I like creatures, I like conspiracies and dubious corporations, I love evil science, and I like both small town horror and cosmic horror. So I wrote a lair about a small run-down dock town with a dubious archive dedicated to the paranormal on its outskirts that's secretly a research and containment facility for all manner of entities across Sornieth. It's ridiculously self-indulgent, but I treat it all as an exercise. I'm playing this game and doing this for fun, so everything I write doesn't have to be "good" or serious, I just have to enjoy writing it - and I get a lot of decent practice in world and character building out of that, as well as hopefully keeping my skills sharp. I make characters based on literally whatever I want, because who cares if I have a dragon that's blatantly based on Monika DDLC? You're not paying for my work.

And I live in Arcane because Arcane fits that energy I want. I made the switch when the Forbidden Portal came out, because I realized that it isn't just the goofy pink crystals wizards flight, it can also very much be the dubious magical experimentation and cosmic horror flight. It can be scary, it can be gross and weird. I love that. So I moved here, because I also wanted lore like that. Plus I love stars, so makes sense. Starwood Strand is a beautiful area, yeah I wanna be there.
So truly, that's all I say you consider!!
What aesthetic appeals to you? What kinds of stories and characters appeal to you? How can you make these two things into one thing? Go from there.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Ah, I don't want to send out a million pings but I appreciate all the insight you guys have! I will have to peak at some of your lairs because they sound really neat! I know I'll get there eventually and I'm partially being impatient but some of the lore here is really inspirational. Hopefully something sparks soon.
Ah, I don't want to send out a million pings but I appreciate all the insight you guys have! I will have to peak at some of your lairs because they sound really neat! I know I'll get there eventually and I'm partially being impatient but some of the lore here is really inspirational. Hopefully something sparks soon.
I base mine off of characters. their personalities, their stories. tbh, i am struggling with creating a wider plot, but i'm enjoying just being like: how would these two have met and why do they like each other?
I base mine off of characters. their personalities, their stories. tbh, i am struggling with creating a wider plot, but i'm enjoying just being like: how would these two have met and why do they like each other?
9hqcHsy.png pAONOEc.png Of9K8xp.png
WYxPUv8.png G8AyR6r.png Y9A2W9I.png
V7wUqxW.png DoQJ9XF.png ObKos1f.png
6YtLZau.png LGvol4P.png oTHkN8q.png
2iKXjpB.png l8NOdbs.png
I started naming my dragons after crystals, then thought about how they're associated with supernatural use. This kinda combined with celtic druids and now they're a clan of seers.
I started naming my dragons after crystals, then thought about how they're associated with supernatural use. This kinda combined with celtic druids and now they're a clan of seers.
Well, when I joined, I thought pink dragons were a rare commodity, lol. I was wrong, obviously, even more so back then, but I went with it. Then they needed a REASON why they were pink...when the Crystal Pools venue and chalcedony became an item, I officially had one. As for my naming scheme, I took the alliterative names of the Trading Post a little too far...
Well, when I joined, I thought pink dragons were a rare commodity, lol. I was wrong, obviously, even more so back then, but I went with it. Then they needed a REASON why they were pink...when the Crystal Pools venue and chalcedony became an item, I officially had one. As for my naming scheme, I took the alliterative names of the Trading Post a little too far...
[img]https://i.ibb.co/27yhD4N/throwingdarts-2773590239.jpg[/img]
throwingdarts-2773590239.jpg
STRANGEFLESH
>It/It's
>friendly/open to chat! I love pings and messages
>wishlist
>lineage
>About me
tumblr-paypl0-G37c1xpxfk5o4-250.png
1 2 3 4 5